36 Crazyfists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
had a search and couldn't see any threads on this awsome band. Rest Inside The Flames is not long out and its a blinder, i'd highly recomend it to anyone who likes their metal metal and their guitar heavy. Still like A Snow Capped Romance more, theres something so infinitly awsome about that album i just cant get over.

Deathblow
I'm positive I made a thread about them. Long time ago though.

Have to confess, as a huge fan of the band, I haven't picked up the new one yet. I believe what you say about it not beating ASCR though, that has to be one of the most consistent albums I've ever heard. Not a single weak track, and not a single track that sounds like it's been rushed or had less effort put into it. Kind of album on which your favorite song changes every time you listen to it. And they were titanic live.

Alpha Centauri
I remember that thread.

I like a few of their songs, the earlier ones seem to have a bit more of a unique sound than a lot of the mainstream metal happening at the time. Though their new material makes it seem as though they've just started blending into whatever is happening now.

-AC

tabby999
i've got tickets to go see them with Atreyu next month! damn i'm looking forward to it.

I dont think they've bought into whats popular alpha, this cd is much heavier than anything they've done before, its just their natural progression. if they just brought out a killswitch engage cd, fair enough, but this is pretty ballsy and shows a real refinement of their talents, lyrically, technically and soniclly

Alpha Centauri
Progression? There's no "progression" there. They're not doing anything different, nor were they with the previous two. At least it had songs with a bit of unique flavour, though.

It shows nothing other than beyond two albums they couldn't put out anything but generic metal. I saw it coming.

-AC

tabby999
mah, i think they're much tighter, they're playing better together as a band and they're getting heavier. They're coming together, i'd say thats progression

Alpha Centauri
If it took them three albums to "come together" and it somehow sounds less like the slightly unique, mainstream metal of their previous two albums, I seriously doubt they have anything more to offer.

-AC

tabby999
I never said it took three albums to come together, i said in this album they have really become a solid unit. There have been many bands that have a stellar release, then slowly get better and better while not changing themselves too radically but perfecting their sound.

Machine Head did it, Soulfly did it, Metallica did it, Pantera did it, Fear Factory did it, Strapping Young Lad did it, Crazyfists are doing it now

Alpha Centauri
Strapping Young Lad, Pantera and Metallica are all excellent metal bands, Soulfly are good, Machine Head are overrated shit.

I think it's a bit much putting Crazyfists on there. I'm not saying continuing to make albums that don't surprise is a "bad" thing, I'm just saying it's not necessarily great.

-AC

tabby999
and i understand that, but i dont think they're making simple mainstream metal, thats my point. I wasn't saying that 36 are as good as Metallica, Fear Factory, Pantera or SYL, i was comparing the way the bands work internally and how their sound shaped and changed as the band grew.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.