Poll: How Mad Will You Be...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
since we've established that pretty much everyone wants Liz and Jack to be together, I fancy we can all agree that the writers want to make us happy.
BUT just in case they don't, how mad will we really all be about it?

vegaofthelyre
Great thread!

Hmmm it will depend entirely on HOW they handle the issue in the 3rd film. In the unhappy event that they decide to go with .. Will and Liz... I would like it if they at least addressed the Jack/Liz attraction in some kind of meaningful and LOGICAL way so that the audience could come to an understanding about what took place in DMC. If they go that route, they had better make me understand WHY Jack and Liz cannot be together the reason had better be good. Even so I will be REALLY disappointed. miffed

On the other hand, if they completely ignore or give ridiculous reasons for sweeping the Jack/Liz romance under the rug just to neatly tie up the loose ends for a standard Disney ending, I will be hopping mad. On top of disappointment, that will be a direct insult to audience intelligence... I will be more like this: mad

The more I think about it, the more nervous it makes me. haha. I really hope they do it our way... at the very least, leave it open ended!! hahha..

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by vegaofthelyre
Great thread!

Hmmm it will depend entirely on HOW they handle the issue in the 3rd film. In the unhappy event that they decide to go with .. Will and Liz... I would like it if they at least addressed the Jack/Liz attraction in some kind of meaningful and LOGICAL way so that the audience could come to an understanding about what took place in DMC. If they go that route, they had better make me understand WHY Jack and Liz cannot be together the reason had better be good. Even so I will be REALLY disappointed. miffed

On the other hand, if they completely ignore or give ridiculous reasons for sweeping the Jack/Liz romance under the rug just to neatly tie up the loose ends for a standard Disney ending, I will be hopping mad. On top of disappointment, that will be a direct insult to audience intelligence... I will be more like this: mad

The more I think about it, the more nervous it makes me. haha. I really hope they do it our way... at the very least, leave it open ended!! hahha..

Ditto.....they need to address it = Jack look like he was into the kiss - he was looking at her so tenderly until he realized what she was up too then he had that kind of dangerous smile on his face.......I think there will be some tense moments between them in the 3rd one..they can't just pretend none of that happened....I came up with another possible plot/outcome for POTC 3 on one of these other threads last night, can't remember which one though.....

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by katelovespirate
since we've established that pretty much everyone wants Liz and Jack to be together, I fancy we can all agree that the writers want to make us happy.
BUT just in case they don't, how mad will we really all be about it?
I won't be crushed considering from the beginning I know that Will loved Elizabeth and Elizabeth loved Will and they make the most beautiful couple so it should stay that way. When I saw POTC2 yesterday I was honestly anticipating the kiss between Jack/Liz though, and Daniel thought I was retarded for it. I have no idea WHY I was anticipating this moment between the two but it totally broke my heart when Will saw those two kissing and I saw his face. I think that kiss should get a damn award though!

katelovespirate
wow i didnt think anyone would pick the last option >LOL>

i think i went with sad, but i will get over it. because these people have made 2 really fun movies, so unless they just left their brains in disneyland, the 3rd one will be great. they have been really good about filling in plot holes and making sure everything is explained, or if it isnt explained, you are given options you can choose from. part of the beauty of this series is the LEGEND of it, the MYTH, ya know? like with Capn Jack... he always throws out these wild stories to add to his legend, and you arent sure whats true and whats not. so then you are left to wonder about that.
but im sure it will be fabulous. i love swashbuckling, i love the fun i have. i laugh so hard. it is really a lovely escape from life for a few hours.

random21
like you guys said, as long as the writers address the fact that jack and elizabeth had something going on between them, then thats fine. it'd be better if they ended up together smile , but if they dont ignor it completly in the third one, then its ok.

katelovespirate
so i find it really funny that JD is so self-depracating about how poor Kiera has to kiss methuselah... i reckon JD would vote for "happy. i was rooting for Will." lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.