Battle Royale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Heaven's Sword
Has anybody here read Battle Royale? It is by far my favorite book, but it is quite violent. There is also a movie and a manga series based on it but the movie leaves out some parts and the manga is more graphic.

MildPossession
Films still fantastic though, haven't read the book myself but would like to, hard to find here in Britain.

Solo
Good movie, had no idea there was a book.

Heaven's Sword
If you've read the book, did you find it weird when Shuya seemed to know how people died (like Hirono)? I didn't really understand.

Quincy
The book was absolutely amazing. Best book I've ever read.

When did Shuya know that? Perhaps he saw the corpses? Or maybe it was in that strange hallucinatio he had.

Heaven's Sword
Shuya had a dream while he was asleep in the lighthouse. He goes into the classroom, but only sees the other student's dead bodies, and sees their corpses like how they died (Like he sees Megumi's throat slit, but I don't think he ever saw her body). I just thought that part was kinda weird.

roseatte
Haven't read it. But I watched the movie and it was pretty gore.
Is the movie or the book better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.