Who is the most powerful in JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magneto1992
From all ages who is the most powerful

Redatom65
Wolverine with his Pixie Dust :-|

magneto1992
From what I know HE IS A MARVEL NOT A DC PLEASE TRY AGAIN

jrodslam
Originally posted by magneto1992
From all ages who is the most powerful

Can you be a bit more specific?
Most powerful in potential?
JLA as in Supes, WW, Bats, GL, MM and FLash or entire roster?

And its not a vs match, so it might get moved.

UniOmni
Potential??
Flash at the peak.
Easily Orion, Cap Atom, any GL.

Followed by Manhunter, and Zatanna.

Superman, and the like.

Showings though?

Superman outpaces the league by a fair bit at times.
WW gets decent ones as well, and does Batman for all his humanity.

Redatom65
Originally posted by magneto1992
From what I know HE IS A MARVEL NOT A DC PLEASE TRY AGAIN

jeez dude i know it was sarcasim didn't you see the ":-|"

Redatom65
Superman smile

complexbrother
top five in order .....

Ion

Dr. Fate

Superman

Martan Manhunter

Plastic Man

Redatom65
i like the list above me although i'd replace plastic man with Captain Atom

jrodslam
In terms of potential, id say...
1. Fate/Zatanna
2. GL
3. Flash/Atom
4. MM

By showings id say...
1. GL
2. Flash
3. Supes

bigbran
batman.

magneto1992
Originally posted by Redatom65
jeez dude i know it was sarcasim didn't you see the ":-|" sorry my bad meanwhile before it gets lose i would say
Dr Fate
Flash
Martian mahnter
Superman
Capitan Marvel

JOE NUNEZ
The answer lies on the character thats on your pajamas.....

Blair Wind
Originally posted by bigbran
batman.

He said whos the most powerful not who is gods grandson...pppffffffffftttttt

thtadthtshldntb
The Spectre

Skeets
Since when was Fate in the JLA?

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Since when was Fate in the JLA?
Kent was in the first JLA following Crisis.

ooberstar
This list, as well as the debate itself, could go on forever. So I"ll limit it to who I have seen in the last 10 years of JL.

The list in no certain order, involves the Powerhouses who have been on the team. That means I don't choose Batman or Green Arrow. Both are formidable in his respective way, but neither wields power.

Firestorm, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Jonn Jonzz, Capt. Atom. Capt Marvel, Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Superman, Orion,

Superman: He blends his powers in an offensive way better than those on his level.

Captain Marvel: IF he's written as he should be, Only Superman could edge him in a bench pressing contest. The difference is Superman is a bit stronger, Cap can take Superman's punch better, due to magic.

Martain Manhunter: He has more power but does not use it to it's fullest. ALso, he has weaknesses that off-set his power.

Green Lantern: Only his mind limits his potential. IOW, I don't believe EVERY GL can perform "Superman level" feats because he would have to be able to imagine doing it. Hal could come close. Alan, John, Kyle and Guy. In that order.

Wonder Woman: She would beat most of the GLs. Only Hal, and maybe John and ALan would beat her.

Dr. Fate,
Orion

Captain Atom.

THere are others who would make this list.

Validus
Big 7:
1. Green Lantern
2. Flash
3. Martian Manhunter

Everyone:
1. Dr. Fate
2. Green Lantern/Orion
3. Flash/Martian Manhunter/Zatanna

This is just off the top of my head. I would probably change it if I had the full member list handy.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
Kent was in the first JLA following Crisis.
Thanks peaches.Originally posted by Validus
Big 7:
1. Green Lantern
2. Flash
3. Martian Manhunter

Everyone:
1. Dr. Fate
2. Green Lantern/Orion
3. Flash/Martian Manhunter/Zatanna

This is just off the top of my head. I would probably change it if I had the full member list handy.
Phantom Stranger?

jrodslam
I dont wanna start some big debate of whos more powerful cause we all have out different opinions, but people think a GL is more powerful than Zatanna?

Validus
It would seem so.

Phantom Stranger and Ion go at the top of the list.

Skeets
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont wanna start some big debate of whos more powerful cause we all have out different opinions, but people think a GL is more powerful than Zatanna?
magic>>Everything so I'll put her over a Green lantern.Not saying she would stomp Hal or Kyle one on one or anything....dodgy

Darth Martin
In terms of potential, id say...
1. Fate/Zatanna
2. GL
3. Flash/Atom
4. MM

By showings id say...
1. GL
2. Flash
3. Supes yes

Soljer
Definitely Fate. And a full potential Flash. And the Manhunter.

Jesus! There are too many.

But, it is hilarious how many people more powerful than Superman constantly end up relying on him -_-.

Darth Martin
Potentially IMO

1.Dr.Fate
2.GL
4.Captain Atom
3.Flash
4.Atom
5.Ztanna
6.MM
7.Superman
8.Aquaman
9.Plastic Man
10.WW

Soljer
Originally posted by Darth Martin

1.Dr.Fate
2.GL
4.Captain Atom
3.Flash
4.Atom

What the hell? 1, 2, 4, 3, 4?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Soljer
What the hell? 1, 2, 4, 3, 4? embarrasment I'll fix it.

jrodslam
magic>>Everything so I'll put her over a Green lantern.Not saying she would stomp Hal or Kyle one on one or anything....dodgy

I dont think shed stomp them either, but shed beat Hal. Not sure about Ion yet.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Martin
embarrasment I'll fix it.........

Darth Martin
Snap........I can't but I think you get the idea of what I meant.

Validus
I dont think shed stomp them either, but shed beat Hal. Not sure about Ion yet.
I don't see why one could beat her and the other couldn't. I've never understood the limits of her power. Logically she should be able beat one person just as easily as the next.

Skeets
I don't see why one could beat her and the other couldn't. I've never understood the limits of her power. Logically she should be able beat one person just as easily as the next.
Speed blitz?Slade?

Tron
Moved...

bigbran
green arrow.

jrodslam

I didnt say one could beat her and the other couldnt. I said she may be able to beat one, but im not sure about her beating the other. She may stalemate Ion. Her powers havent been displayed to have a limit yet. The words "potentialy limitless" were once used to becribe her powers before i believe.

Im not sure about the current properties of his powers. Him being linked to the Starheart means what? Is he now a magical being as well? Can he have certain things done to him eventhough hes linked to a magical source? Those are the things im not sure about so i reserved judgement to answer whod win between the two.

jrodslam
Speed blitz?Slade?

Yea and he also beat Flash and GL in that encounter. Horrible horrible showing.no

Validus
I didnt say one could beat her and the other couldnt. I said she may be able to beat one, but im not sure about her beating the other. She may stalemate Ion. Her powers havent been displayed to have a limit yet. The words "potentialy limitless" were once used to becribe her powers before i believe.

Im not sure about the current properties of his powers. Him being linked to the Starheart means what? Is he now a magical being as well? Can he have certain things done to him eventhough hes linked to a magical source? Those are the things im not sure about so i reserved judgement to answer whod win between the two.
Why can't she just stop both of them by saying Stop backwards though? How high up the food chain does one have the be before Zatanna's power is useless?

Skeets
Why can't she just stop both of them by saying Stop backwards though? How high up the food chain does one have the be before Zatanna's power is useless?
Slade?

Validus
Slade?
Her power wasn't useless there. She just got owned by Slade's faster than light reflexes. sick

jrodslam

I know shed be able to stop Hal that way, but because Ion is magical in nature and so connected to the Starheart, it may not work that easily against him.

Although it has worked against magical foes such as Faust, Despero, Demons etc, so you may have a point.

pr1983
Her power wasn't useless there. She just got owned by Slade's faster than light reflexes. sick

My sentiments exactly... sick

Validus
I know shed be able to stop Hal that way, but because Ion is magical in nature and so connected to the Starheart, it may not work that easily against him.

Although it has worked against magical foes such as Faust, Despero, Demons etc, so you may have a point.
So her powers would work against anything non magical? Could she theoretically stop Galactus in his tracks?

jrodslam
So her powers would work against anything non magical? Could she theoretically stop Galactus in his tracks?

Hell f'n yea. She was able to summon Spectre at will.

I think if she told G to Ytnrete rof tsaf, hed do it.

Validus
Well you've taught me something new, my friend.

jrodslam
Well you've taught me something new, my friend.

Is that sarcasm?confused

Validus
No it was not. My sarcasm is accompanied by a smiley.

You're an ass. jockey

jrodslam
Only sometimes.big grin

Skeets
Hell f'n yea. She was able to summon Spectre at will.

I think if she told G to Ytnrete rof tsaf, hed do it.
summoning Spectre's a feat now?So that equals beating Galactus?Originally posted by Validus
No it was not. My sarcasm is accompanied by a smiley.

You're an ass. jockey
why does it have to be that one?Are you making fun of me...weep

jrodslam
summoning Spectre's a feat now?So that equals beating Galactus?

Eventhough all the magic useres werent at full power due to Spectre draining/destroying magic everywhere and had to combine what energies they had left, Zatanna only had to utter 2 words to summon him. Who else there among them had the ability to do that? Noone there did imo. Whatever she says basically gets done.

If she told Galactus to starve or go away and never return, its done.

manjaro
by my count superman has said in three different comics that J'onn is more powerful than all of them combined. so I'll go with him as far as current members are concerned. but im inclined to say that when zatanna was there she was the most powerful, cuz in DC magic rapes all......all sir!! all she has to say is selucelom levarnu!! and its curtains

UniOmni

Hence the reason she's grouped under the blatant plot device category, as is Dr. Strange, and Wanda and the GL rings.

jrodslam
Supes said that Jonn is more powerful that all of them combined?What the f**k?

He also said that about Hal i think.

Darth Martin
I believe that MM is superior to Superman.

R.O.T. Yahman
Hasn't Spectre been a member b4 ?

sexyking
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

Not that i am aware of i know he has had some affiliation with the JSA.

Rick/Genis
Aquaman by far... big grin

Draco69
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

Yes. He was a reserve member...

Skeets
Originally posted by Draco69
Yes. He was a reserve member...
How the **** is he a reserve member....laughing out loud

Draco69
Spectre: Only call me if all hope is lost. If not, I will take your first son and sodomize him with a plague of locust!

Superman: We'll call you....when pigs fly.....

pr1983
Spectre: Only call me if all hope is lost. If not, I will take your first son and sodomize him with a plague of locust!

Superman: We'll call you....when pigs fly.....

That's not an actual quote... is it?

eleveninches
Top 10 (NOT including the JLA1million or elseworlds):

1.Phantom Stranger (his full potential has never really been fully explored)
2.Kyle Rayner (he was in the JLA as ION)
3.Superman (virtually unlimited potential. genetically perfect)
4.Hal Jordan (NOT parallax/spectre version)
5.Captain Atom (one of the more underrated JLA peeps)
6.Dr Fate (also often underrated)
7.Orion (usually written as far weaker than he should be)
8.Flash (also usually written far weaker than he should be)
9.Wonder Woman (sometimes overrated, but still very powerful)
10.Firestorm (often underrated and written badly)

UniOmni
Originally posted by eleveninches
Top 10 (NOT including the JLA1million or elseworlds):

1.Phantom Stranger (his full potential has never really been fully explored)
2.Kyle Rayner (he was in the JLA as ION)
3.Superman (virtually unlimited potential. genetically perfect)
4.Hal Jordan (NOT parallax/spectre version)
5.Captain Atom (one of the more underrated JLA peeps)
6.Dr Fate (also often underrated)
7.Orion (usually written as far weaker than he should be)
8.Flash (also usually written far weaker than he should be)
9.Wonder Woman (sometimes overrated, but still very powerful)
10.Firestorm (often underrated and written badly)

Um, how can Superman have unlimited potential??
Do you ken what that means??
Unlimited potential means that he can one day become God.

And if he gains power from a Sun, isn't he limited by the fact that he takes power from the sun??
Suns live long, but he can only gain power from a certain type of sun.

Cap Atom and Orion and Flash all far outstrip Superman in potential power growth/usage.

And Gl does as well.

Draco69
Originally posted by UniOmni

And if he gains power from a Sun, isn't he limited by the fact that he takes power from the sun??

Cap Atom and Orion and Flash all far outstrip Superman in potential power growth/usage.

And Gl does as well.

Agreed. Superman should not be at number three. Dr. Fate is weaker than Superman?!

UniOmni
Agreed. Superman should not be at number three. Dr. Fate is weaker than Superman?!

I wasn't even going to touch the Dr. Fate ranking........But go post in that Marvel Trinity thread!! NOW!!!

Validus
Superman should only be that high on the list if you're ranking on showings. Ranking solely on power has more than a few people above him.

manjaro
versatility is what got supes raping mo'phuckers. sure MM is overall more powerful than he is but becuase he's so detached from humanity, and he sorta kinda closeted in his bigotrybig grin, and if anybody flips up he justs shut thier mind down with TP of do the shadowcat thing and reach into thier body and re materilaze his hand to knock them out, so he doesnt really push himslef more than he has to

kenobi
1)Capt. Marvel, who can probably out benchpress Superman despite what other Super fanboys think.
2)Firestorm, always underrated because of bad writing. He is a walking nuclear reactor and can change the atomic structure of inorganic matter.
3)Superman, with all of his abilities even though he is overrated.
4)GL Hal Jordan, with power limited only by his imagination and will power.
Nuff said.

Draco69
Captain Marvel as Shazam is very powerful.

But as plain ol' Captain Marvel?

But he's not as powerful in strength as Superman, Orion or Wonder Woman.

His magical abilities don't rank that high either.

4 should be 1 on your list, followed by Firestorm, than Superman than Captain Marvel.

It's not about who can beat who. It's about who's more powerful and verstaile with what they can do.

Juntai

4 should be 1 on your list, followed by Firestorm, than Superman than Captain Marvel.

It's not about who can beat who. It's about who's more powerful and verstaile with what they can do. Supes is extremely versatile, the guy who can fix the ozone with heat vision and fix space anomolies by rubbing his hands together.

Skeets
Originally posted by Juntai
Supes is extremely versatile, the guy who can fix the ozone with heat vision and fix space anomolies by rubbing his hands together.
Nah,that's just the writers cock stroking again... smile

Draco69
Supes is extremely versatile, the guy who can fix the ozone with heat vision and fix space anomolies by rubbing his hands together.

But not nearly as the plot-device called Hal who can do whatever he damn pleases if the writer wants it and Firestorm who's only limit is the law of physics.

Juntai
But not nearly as the plot-device called Hal who can do whatever he damn pleases if the writer wants it and Firestorm who's only limit is the law of physics. I wasnt trying to make a case for that, just that his versatility is VERY often overlooked, most see him as just a brick, because hes one of the top bricks, but hes so much more too.

manjaro
yep versatilty is king. remember this is a guy who has a 100% success rate of getting Mxyztplk to say his name backwards. and a guy who scrambled a bunch of army guys communiaction systems by grinding his teeth in a precisely opposite radio frequency. in fact Majestic reprograming the eradicator with laser vision is the only feat i consider more versatile

WrathfulDwarf
I don't recall The Spectre even been offered a spot on the JLA.

Okay, just to clafiry. The founding members were

Superman, Batman, WW, The Flash, GL, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

Juntai
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I don't recall The Spectre even been offered a spot on the JLA.

Okay, just to clafiry. The founding members were

Superman, Batman, WW, The Flash, GL, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter. Triumph.

Spectre/Corrigan hung around the J-S-A for a while, due to having a lot in comon with Dr Fate... but was never a member of the JLA that I can recall.

UniOmni

It's not about who can beat who. It's about who's more powerful and verstaile with what they can do.

Cap Marvel weaker than WW?? Or Orion?? Don't buy it for a second.

But we've had this debate.

Blair Wind
I always thought that in strength it was
Orion>Superman=CM=BA and slightly > WW
confused

UniOmni
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I always thought that in strength it was
Orion>Superman=CM=BA and slightly > WW
confused

My thoughts exactly embarrasment

Rick/Genis
Is Zauriel anywhere in here? I totally thought that guy was cool.

Solidus Snake
Eventhough all the magic useres werent at full power due to Spectre draining/destroying magic everywhere and had to combine what energies they had left, Zatanna only had to utter 2 words to summon him. Who else there among them had the ability to do that? Noone there did imo. Whatever she says basically gets done.

If she told Galactus to starve or go away and never return, its done.

i dont think so tim.

in guardians of the galaxy 25, talon sent the crimson bands of cytorrak after galactus and although he isnt magical per se, he still managed to make the spell somewhat backfire. i dont think zatanna could affect him in a major way

when an entity is too powerful, i believe that she will try to affect their surroundings more than them themselves. eg disintegrating their weapons, making the ground cave in etc. if they aint powerful, she will affect them directly. like making them sleep, or go blind or start to masterbate profusely etc.

but i could be wrong

jrodslam
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
i dont think so tim.

in guardians of the galaxy 25, talon sent the crimson bands of cytorrak after galactus and although he isnt magical per se, he still managed to make the spell somewhat backfire. i dont think zatanna could affect him in a major way

Funny. I heard Strange seemed to have got the best of him a coupole of times.erm

when an entity is too powerful, i believe that she will try to affect their surroundings more than them themselves. eg disintegrating their weapons, making the ground cave in etc. if they aint powerful, she will affect them directly. like making them sleep, or go blind or start to masterbate profusely etc.

but i could be wrong

Indeed you are mistaken. Faust is very powerful in the arts of magic, as well as Tannarak and Zor. All of who are very powerful in magical ability and Zatanna has beat and affected them directly. If an entity is to powerful, she can draw/tap power that she needs. She does have access to it and its limitless, but rarely uses it like most casters.

Solidus Snake
doc strange or any earthling who bests galactus i believe is PIS. what galactus represents should be beyond the scope of man. currently, galactus is as threatening as paste pot pete. i think the editors at marvel need to do some sorta retcon

well i dont know about zatanna

in theory she should be the most powerful being on the planet. she always talks about her limitations, but never exhibits any.

i personally dont like her as a character. she needs some power definition and clarity. the editors at dc should make it clear what she can and cant do.

write proper stories taht make sense dammit

Validus
Stupid writing doesn't equal versatility.

Skeets
Stupid writing doesn't equal versatility.
wave Exactly.

jrodslam
doc strange or any earthling who bests galactus i believe is PIS. what galactus represents should be beyond the scope of man. currently, galactus is as threatening as paste pot pete. i think the editors at marvel need to do some sorta retcon

Its not about being a mere Earthling. Dr.Strange possesses umlimited powers. Hes able to call upon Gods for help. Galactus isnt above Gods imo. At least not all. Possibly low lvl ones.

in theory she should be the most powerful being on the planet. she always talks about her limitations, but never exhibits any.

i personally dont like her as a character. she needs some power definition and clarity. the editors at dc should make it clear what she can and cant do.

She should be and is among the top beings on the planet. Like other characters whos powers are limitless, she may seems like an underachiever. Flash, Zatanna, GL, Firestorm, Plastic Man, MM are some of many characters who rarely display full potential. Dealing with magic in comics is always a tricky subject cause a characrter usually should just begone with an enemy with a spell, so its kinda hard to write for them. One thing Strange has that she doesnt, is a much better villains list.

Youre right. She does need more definition and clarity. People who write her usually stick with "she says magic backwards" and calls it a day. She doesnt have to actually say the spell, but its whats shown in 80% of her magic instances. Like Flash, she really shouldnt have a limit. She should basically be able to do anything she wasnts. she needs a dam ongoing. There just arent enough characters who use magic with solo series in comics today. DC is now starting to get on the ball again with Spectre, Shadowpact, Etrigan and a few others.

Metalmanx
Who has the potential to be the most powerful?

Flash, easily.

Dinkus Mayhem
I gotta give it to Hourman III (Matthew Tyler), his ability to manipulate time is a handy trick. His respect thread here has one scan, and that is of him altering the Flash's (Jay Garrick) relative time to 1 billionth of his own, it stopped Garrick in his tracks.

The scan is in this thread,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t399849.html

Here is a decent bio for him as well,

http://www.geocities.com/jason.kirk/hourman3.html

eleveninches
Originally posted by UniOmni

And Gl does as well.

Yup. He eventually DOES become a god. He has unlimited potential (cant remember where exactly i saw it, but it was stated at one time that he had unlimited potential). Plus, he's been stated as being genetically perfect. And he's got one of the best minds as well :super-fast thought, super intelligence (even more so than jor-el)

He is the same guy as superman prime, so all of the things that prime can do should be doable by superman as well. he just hasnt been pushed to his full potential yet, but every threat he's been up against has been overcome so far.

ankur29
come on!!a few of you are naming half teh jla squad he did say THE most powerful , i think martian manhunter even superman said it himself !! he has awesome abilities

Darth Martin
Batman said that Plastic Man is the most powerful.
Superman said Martian Manhunter.

Theoretically GL(kyle,hal), Zattana, and Flash are the mopst powerful along with phantom stranger andb dr.fate.

manjaro
well yes after that whole trial by fire incident, batman did say something to the effect of Plas being ONE OF the most powerful beings on earth, but he didnt say the JLA, plus when plastic man's son was being used by a group of young gangbangers to break into places and steal stuff batman noted that the kid had better desnity and molecular contrl over his shapeshifting abilities than even plastic man himslef. so he had to be stopped before he realized his full potential at the hands of evil so by that measure his son is more powerful than he is, but like i said 3 times now has superman said that MM is the most powerful..i can post at least one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.