Should Heroes stay dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
When Heroes/Villains die in comics should they remain dead?

pr1983
Originally posted by Redatom65
When Heroes/Villains die in comics should they remain dead?

No... think of who'd still be dead if not for resurrections...

Superman, Hal Jordan, Colossus, Jean Grey (though its a bit silly by now), Hawkeye (he was in house of m), etc...

backspace
they just shouldn't kill them in the first place.

Reaper777
nah, Its much cooler when they die then come back so you get the trill of seeing them back after a long time, and You could always kill em again. laughing

Redatom65
the 4th option is by far the best

bigbran
Originally posted by pr1983

Superman, Hal Jordan, Colossus, Jean Grey (though its a bit silly by now), Hawkeye (he was in house of m), etc... superman could have stayed.

Reaper777
yes laughing

bigbran
thanos has only died once, and i think every marvel character has been killed.

pr1983
Originally posted by bigbran
superman could have stayed.

schmoll

Redatom65
nightcrawler hasn't

bigbran
thanos destroyed the whole marvel universe.

Redatom65
he didn't destroy the whole universe i recall. he destroyed most of it

newjak86
Honestly I think they need to think out about stuff more when they kill people.

You just can't kill of heros everytime you want a quick ratings boost only to bring them back in a couple of months otherwise you start to loose the effect it is supposed to represent.

But as for should they die I think they should be allowed but make it rare and in even rarer occassions bring them back.

King KAM
Originally posted by pr1983

Superman, Hal Jordan, Colossus, Jean Grey (though its a bit silly by now), Hawkeye (he was in house of m), etc... who cares???? this couldve been a gateway for new heroes, if u kill a character keep him dead, or else why even kill him?

pr1983
Originally posted by King KAM
who cares???? this couldve been a gateway for new heroes, if u kill a character keep him dead, or else why even kill him?

to elicit sympathy... the grand heroic gesture has been a part of literature since the bible... stick out tongue

Validus
Hal Jordan's death was the best thing that ever happened to him and the GL franchise.

I agree with Kam on the gateway thing. Some of the best characters in comics are the "replacement" heroes. Plus it's a nice show of progression for the universe.

MJOILNIR
Supes
Jean Grey,
wouldent have bothered me if they would have stayed dead. We may as well start calling Jean, Mrs. Immortal and make her part of the great lakes avengers.

Validus
Death of Superman shouldn't even count. He clearly wasn't going to stay dead anyway.

Big Sexy
I think it depends on the character. Some characters offer something to their death that gets taken away if they die. Ex would be Green Goblin or Jason Todd, both of their deaths were an intrical part of both the Spiderman and Batman franchise. Bringing them back kinda takes away from that.

King KAM
Originally posted by Validus
Death of Superman shouldn't even count. He clearly wasn't going to stay dead anyway. he didnt really even die the nigro just went to tahitti for a while.

AcousticDoc
Kill the heroes and keep the mantle for someone else. I personally enjoyed Wally as the flash more than Barry. And Tim Drake more than Jason Todd.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I think it depends on the character. Some characters offer something to their death that gets taken away if they die. Ex would be Green Goblin or Jason Todd, both of their deaths were an intrical part of both the Spiderman and Batman franchise. Bringing them back kinda takes away from that.

Its one of the reasons I never want Barry to come back (he was one of the greatest heros, let his death be worth something other than a quick we need a ratings boost, whos dead that we can bring back!)

and Collosus should have stayed dead. He died for everyone, and too me it just disgraces the characters....

other deaths like for example Thors are different....I dunno I guess its in the way the people die that the reason they are brought back should be used or not

King KAM
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Kill the heroes and keep the mantle for someone else. I personally enjoyed Wally as the flash more than Barry. And Tim Drake more than Jason Todd. yeah but imma miss wally....sad

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
and Collosus should have stayed dead. He died for everyone, and too me it just disgraces the characters....The manner in which Colossus was brought back was relatively well written though.

Whether they should get brought back depends on the circumstances and reasons of their deaths. And the circumstances and reasons for their revival.

Redatom65
psylocke was brought back dumbly

NoFate007
I think they should make it more special when a death happens. If you just decide to kill someone off, make it so it has actual consequences. This goes for villains as well. If everyone can just go back and forth between death and life, there's no point to these comics. Some characters, you can't just kill off though. If they were to kill off Bruce Wayne, the series would suck. However, Jason Todd was accepted as being dead, and it should've stayed that way. If the resurrection makes sense and serves a purpose, such as changing aspects of the character, then they have a justified reason, but if its just simply because they haven't seen someone killed in a while, c'mon. How many times can you make it all a dream or a clone or a cyborg or whatever without just being cheap? Not many. When a character becomes extremely stale, they should kill them. Wouldn't you like to see the ones that don't matter get killed? I mean not everyone is really contributing, lol. How many times has "Doctor Light" saved the world? They should have fun with killing people off, and make it worth the while. You should be like "DAMN they just freakin KILLED Captain Mar-Vell" or something, not "Hm. Guess I won't see this guy for another month."

Dinkus Mayhem
I say yes, at least for most of them. It should be the rare occassion to see one trancsend death, with it as a common occurance it just isn't such a big deal when a character dies.

I have even caught myself saying, "I wonder how they will bring him back.", because it is expected. It would be refreshing to see characters (both hero and villain) stay dead.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Redatom65
psylocke was brought back dumbly I remember reading the only reason they killed her off was because a writer didn't like her shadowmelding abilities and her facial tattoo. no expression

Grimm22
For me it depends on how they die and the ressurection erm

I mean deaths like Superman's, Hal's, Colossus's, Barry's...ect are all great

However when you have a ressurection like Psylocke's or Superman's then its crap.

But a ressurection like Hal's, Colossus's, Bucky's, ect..

Then they are good yes

Oh course Thing did die for about 2 issues and came back stick out tongue

That was kind of a copout although it was well written. Most people dont know about it though because Marvel didnt give any sort of PR to the story. Anyway the ressurection was good for that though big grin

Grimm22
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Kill the heroes and keep the mantle for someone else. I personally enjoyed Wally as the flash more than Barry. And Tim Drake more than Jason Todd.

People dont respect Barry because he never had really good writing while Wally has had a batch of great writers

Thats why Barry should be brought back if you ask me erm

Oh and Wally isnt dead either no2

Redatom65
like now i'm pissed that they killed genis. but, knowing marvel he'll be bacl next year

Validus
People not respecting Barry is a load of crap. Where did you pull that from? I have a guess but I'll keep it to myself.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I remember reading the only reason they killed her off was because a writer didn't like her shadowmelding abilities and her facial tattoo. no expression

f*ckin hacks...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.