What Did Jack Steal? [Spoiler]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a1cd
Hello, First post here stick out tongue
Everysince i saw the movie i've been wondering about something, The first time they all go to Tia, and jack gets his dirt. Jack is shown carefully stealing stuff, i cant remember know but i think one of the things was a ring. I dont remember any of them being used later in the movie.

So does anyone know what he took? Or If it means anything for the 3rd movie?

LovelyOne
All I spotted was the ring too confused

Smaug
hmmmm... i remeber him stealing the ring, but I swear there was something else... *rushes off 2 cinema 2 look*

mondenschein
I'll tell ya what I saw:

Jack steals the ring, yes. I think it could be Barbossa's ring, but that's a vaguely suggestion. BUT next to the ring there was a medallion. Heart shaped. and GUESS who has the same medallion smile

spoiler:

Davy Jones. It's the silver heart that makes the music when Will steals the key. And GUESS where the heart shape reappears: at the Dead Men's Chest.

I like my theories about that fact laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
agreed.

LovelyOne
Has anyone ctually seen the mini Jack voodoo doll yet? I cant see it confused

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Has anyone ctually seen the mini Jack voodoo doll yet? I cant see it confused

No I Haven't. Yesterday when I watched it I studied Tia's cabin to pick up more clues - It looks like Barboosa ring he picks up - but that's the second thing he stills. I'm not sure what he slips in his pocket the first time....it's kind of weird how you can pick up the similarites now between Will and Davy Jones when you hear Tia tell the story - and how much it focuses on Will. The girl was changing, wild and as untameable as the sea. Love it. Notice how Jack doesn't seem to be paying much attention - he's too busy looking around the cabin.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
No I Haven't. Yesterday when I watched it I studied Tia's cabin to pick up more clues - It looks like Barboosa ring he picks up - but that's the second thing he stills. I'm not sure what he slips in his pocket the first time....it's kind of weird how you can pick up the similarites now between Will and Davy Jones when you hear Tia tell the story - and how much it focuses on Will. The girl was changing, wild and as untameable as the sea. Love it. Notice how Jack doesn't seem to be paying much attention - he's too busy looking around the cabin.

Yeh LOL..I think Jack actually knows what Tia is getting at because later he says to Davy that Will is just like him..he has a love who he cant keep. Jack is very sharp..he pretends to be completely out of it but he has a huge grasp at what is really going on and how he can use it to his advantage.

Also in that scene. Will is the only one sitting and its all about the connection between what Tia knows and Will's reaction to it all..

He also says "we need to find the flying Dutchman" then Tia says "a touch of destiny!" just as she throws the stuff down hint friggin hint..Will, Davy, Dutchman, captain,dad and knife....everything Will encounters after that moment with his dad and davy etc is going to come into play during the next movie..

katelovespirate
i still sometimes question the real motives for their going to tia dalma's at all.

i mean, they are all set to sail away from the island (where Jack knows Tia dalma is) then Will whips out a sword and threatens him a little, explaining about whats going on with Lizzy, and THEN Jack up and decides they need to seek Tia Dalma...
(and why is Gibbs so reluctant to go, by the way?)
(and why is Jack so nervous before entering? tia seems perfectly friendly)

I am also of the opinion the Jack knew a lot more about the chest and the key than he let on. he obviously knew what Jones had done, and knew where to find the picture of the key. he knew the story. he didnt learn anything new on that account. Will had to play that wierd dice game to find out where the key was. (We know that Jack knew all these things because Davy Jones, without knowing Tia was involved, blamed Sparrow for sending Will aboard to get the key- therefore, Jones knew Jack knew where the key was.)

SOOOOOO.... why did they go? IMO, because Jack wanted to re-establish connection with Tia Dalma because he knew he was running out of time (black spot) and he figured he might have to call in a favor later on.... if ya know what i mean. (PS, i am also of the opinion that Jack knows tia dalma ressurrects people in her spare time)...
ALSO, i figure he wanted to get some advice on what to do with Will. Jack seems to know that things with Will and Liz are not peachy keen, that Will cant handle Liz's wildness, etc... And so he brings him to Tia Dalma with the pretense of finding out about Davy Jones (when its clear Jack already knows everything about davy jones) so Will can get the spiel about wild girl, cut your heart out, etc.

I think Tia is also one of those few people (including Liz) that Jack is ever vulnerable with. He knows she is going to ask about the black spot, and even though he does his usual Jacky charades, i think he wanted to let her know what he was up against, because he trusts her. He figured if anyone could help, it was her.

As for what he steals, i think he is just grabbing whatever he can get, as usual, and will find out the siginificance of them all later. its a tribute to jack that he doesnt mind stealing from close friends/ past lovers/ people who he needs help from. smile

oh AND... the whole bit where Gibbs is asking whether going to see Tia is a trifling need or an urgent need... whats that all about?

katelovespirate
PS: i know we've already discussed this, but i forget to ask again in my previous post: were Jack and Tia lovers or just friends?

LovelyOne
Hmm thats very interesting actually^

I'm gonna talk bout the Jack/Liz thing again lol

You think he wanted Will to know about the story so it would put him off Liz a bit...which would give himself more of a chance with LIZ?

Also do you think Jack went thre because he secretly wanted to know why his compass was poining in loads of directions?

lovethemtigers
Wow these are interesting conversations...That's why I studied Tia's shack so much yesterday. I think this whole scene holds alot of clues and symbols. I did notice the "touch of destiny" when Tia throws the crab legs onto the table...to find Davy Jones and she also said that Will had a touch of destiny about him....Also, what do ya'll think that look that Jack has is all about...when Tia says "William Turner"and Will says "You Know Me?" the camera focuses on Jack right here and he's like "uh-uh" it seems to be more the reason he puts distance between them then because he's jealous....Also, what exactly does Tia say right after she teases Jack, "Jack Sparrow don't know what he want" she says something I can't understand but then she ends with....something like "or maybe he Knows but doesn't know how to claim it for his own....." (meaning she knows he wants Liz but doesn't know how to claim her for himself?) Any thoughts?

LovelyOne
Wow these are interesting conversations...That's why I studied Tia's shack so much yesterday. I think this whole scene holds alot of clues and symbols. I did notice the "touch of destiny" when Tia throws the crab legs onto the table...to find Davy Jones and she also said that Will had a touch of destiny about him....Also, what do ya'll think that look that Jack has is all about...when Tia says "William Turner"and Will says "You Know Me?" the camera focuses on Jack right here and he's like "uh-uh" it seems to be more the reason he puts distance between them then because he's jealous....Also, what exactly does Tia say right after she teases Jack, "Jack Sparrow don't know what he want" she says something I can't understand but then she ends with....something like "or maybe he Knows but doesn't know how to claim it for his own....." (meaning she knows he wants Liz but doesn't know how to claim her for himself?) Any thoughts?

THAT would make sense!! I couldn't understand what she said there all i understood was "he wants to claim it for his own" I automatically thought it was Liz..maybe thats why he took Will there to make him start thinking he is like davy Jones..meanwhile he makes Liz totally like a pirate..well she does that herself actually..but he doesn't stop it..Its like he deliberatly went there to get Will to WANT to go on the flying dutchman then Jack could get rid of him and gain Liz..Jack also convinces Davy to take Will because he says will's love story is just like his..and it worked..Davy takes Will. Then he basically gets Liz to himself..and he did claim her for his own at the end "pirate" Tia may have realised what he wanted..and then set it up so that he could get her. Without telling Jack I mean..

Actually..I'm starting to think this was all Tias doing. Making will become interested in the flying dutchman, letting Jack hear about the similarity between Will/Davy..so Jack could use it to his advantage later to get rid of Will...then end up with Liz. I have a feeling Tia is trying to make the whole Will turn out like Davy destiny happen..

katelovespirate
yeah i dont know... curiosly, i trust Tia. i think she is dangerous, and is probably behind a lot of what happens in this film, but i dont think she does any of it with bad intentions... i think she has a mastermind plot to help everyone get what they want.

mondenschein
Agreed clapping

taliakai
like you said i think tia wants to help but messes it up alot of the time.

katelovespirate
guys there seriously is no voodoo doll in the movie yet. honestly. i bugged my eyes out looking for it. its just online, right? perhaps it will play a larger role in 3 or something.

Tia is really, really pretty, IMO... I really dont understand HOW MUCH she is meant to know about everything, HOW INVOLVED she plans on getting in everything, HOW AWARE she is of what happens to the characters when they leave her hut... does she KNOW Jack is stealing from her, and just doesnt care, or does she honestly miss it? Cause Jack isnt very subtle about grabbing things.

sailorleo
No I Haven't. Yesterday when I watched it I studied Tia's cabin to pick up more clues - It looks like Barboosa ring he picks up - but that's the second thing he stills. I'm not sure what he slips in his pocket the first time....it's kind of weird how you can pick up the similarites now between Will and Davy Jones when you hear Tia tell the story - and how much it focuses on Will. The girl was changing, wild and as untameable as the sea. Love it. Notice how Jack doesn't seem to be paying much attention - he's too busy looking around the cabin. ...is that the ring with the tiger crest?

LovelyOne
Nope gotta disagree taliakai..Tia gave him that jar of dirt so she could get the heart into the EITC's hands..its obvious...otherwise a jar of dirt just being a good luck charm from Tia wouldn't even be needed in the story..it was added because its the reason why Norrington finds the heart(she is the reason they came across Norrington too)..had she not given that jar to Jack..the EITC would NEVER have got their hands on the heart..Tia wanted it to get there IMO.

Tia knew and possibly even wanted Jack to die..she had Barbossa there before anything happened in the story..so she knew before hand that she would need a means to bring Jack back....that means she KNEW jack was going to die but said absolutely nothing to him...She's not a crazy woman..she's probably pretending to not have a clue but she really..REALLY does...she's not a character to be trusted..

katelovespirate
Haha LovelyOne you know i agree with you on almost everything, but I guess this time i disagree on the jar of dirt. I dont think Tia meant for the Jar of Dirt to have anything to do with the heart... lol... i think she was honestly trying to calm Jack down and help him be able to sail into the open ocean without being afraid. And i also think it was partly just a written gag to give Johnny lots of jokes having to do with that jar of dirt. At this point norrington wasnt in the story, and i cant imagine tia would know Jack would put the heart into the jar and on and on... lol. but then, i still think Tia is good. I dont think she wants the EITC to have the heart. If i thought tia were working with the EITC, that theory would make perfect sense though . wink

Infinity
wow amazing theories... verywell thaught out guys.

willofthewisp
Oh, I have no doubt they were lovers, but back to the stealing...I agree with whoever said earlier it showed him just stealing whatever he could get his hands on. He latches onto material objects, according to Johnny Depp, and who knows Jack better than him? But if there is any meaning to stealing a ring, I have one idea: Liz. Maybe at the end of the first movie, he wove her off as a passing fancy, but if he saw Will again, I bet he figured Liz wouldn't be far behind. Just an idea. I don't even believe it myself, but if there is a reason, that could be it.

LovelyOne
LOL yeh we shall have to agree to disagree here katelovespirate..

But why give him a sense of false security in a time of real danger?..she KNOWS its very a dangerous for him. She knows he's a person who clings onto things to feel safe..she knows it's not going to help him..and she knows he will put all his faith into the Jar of dirt..

Tia KNEW that jack was going to die..she had the means to bring him back from the dead in her cabin long before Jack even went to see her....so who's to say she didnt know the Jar of dirt would lead norrington to find the heart? She can SEE the future..thats the whole point of Tia..she can forsee things that are going to happen..She could see Will's destiny..thats why she said it just as she threw the things down when looking for the flying dutchman.."a touch of destiny" is her reply to Will's "seems as if we need to find the Dutchman" Will is going to br like Davy..she can see it..

I dont think she wants the EITC to have the heart to control Davy..she just wants it to be SAFE from being destroyed by Jack or Will....Norrington is the person who would make SURE it got into the "hands of saftey"..and guess who she makes them run into..Nirrington lol. I think she is Calypso in disguise..she wants her hubby BACK..and how can she get him back for good? MAKE WILL THE NEW CAPTAIN OF THE DUTHJMAN EEEEEEKKK! I think it's her who's prompting along the whole Will/Davy thing...she uses beckett (the only man with the authority to stop the wedding!) to start the whole thing off..

LovelyOne
There IS evidence in the movie that Beckett has been talking to her before hand..

surfchikpir8fan
originally posted by LovelyOne: There IS evidence in the movie that Beckett has been talking to her before hand..

yeh i agree its a bit wierd beckett goes "a marriage interupted ... and fate intervened" (or watever he says) i doesnt exactly fit in2 this until i reallly thought bout it maybe tia did plan somethin im not sure ah well doesn't matter potc 3 is already in my top 5 fav movies n it hasn't even been finished yet lol i still think tia is gonna turn out 2 be a good person just in a .......... um weird way i mean its not normal 4 some1 to c in2 da future i think shes still gotta pretty mad character to play jack steals barbossa's ring n has a pretty good look at his hat next to the ring there's the locket (correct me if im wrong) i don think he takes that i always miss it when jack the monkey goes over to barbossa's boots it's annoying but i can pause when comes out on dvd any1 no when that'll be?????????

surfchikpir8fan
oh just a thought wat if jack took the ring to propse to liz if he got even a better chance lol

bat14
i wonder what the fortress at the beginning is about ?
why do they show those tortures ?

spencerspider
yea that was weird

diddly-dum
diddo,....

LovelyOne
Its probably going to play a part in the next move too...confused

surfchikpir8fan
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when is da dvd coming out i cant wait any longer or this will happen blowup

naveed
Maybe the place is like an EITC building where there torturing pirates.

And they had the picture of the key in the building at the time so Jack went in to steal it.

canchaserAK
i think the only reason they made sure we notice jack taking things from tia is so we notice the locket, so when later on when will is trying to take the key and we see the same locket we make the connection between tia and davy. personally I think she wants things to work out between will and liz but knows they wont so it plays to her sympathies about her lost lover davy. you saw how the locket playing the music calmed him so....... he loved tia, but couldn't tame her and it broke his heart. will loves liz but cant tame her and undoubtedly it will break his heart

CaptinJackLover
I think your right. but wrong at the same time because Jack can tame her. He just has t get rid of Will. Which he seems to have trouble doing.

canchaserAK
jack can tame her, but will cant he just doesnt have the spirit.

LovelyOne
Tia seemed to be weirdly happy and exited when she was suggesting to Will that Liz will break his heart later..I don't think she is sympathetic towards Will at all..or Jack for that matter..or anyone..except Davy..when she's telling the story..

surfchikpir8fan
LovelyOne sorry i've forgotten can u tell when tia suggets that Liz will break Will's heart sorry i've got a bad memory sometimes lol smile

willofthewisp
It's an exciting story, Lovelyone. She can't act all sad and depressed telling it, or people will either not listen to her, or they'll piece it together too quickly that it's about her. These movies are full of storytellers. Almost every character has to fill in another character with details, and they always do it very dramatically and excitedly. She's a witch and a mysterious woman full of trinkets and stuff. She can't make the story sound like a tragedy because it's too close to her, so she disguises it as a horror story and tells it like one, very excitedly and dramatically.

Jcksparrows
I heard somewhere what it was he stole:
First of all, it was a ring. A black one, I think. Very big. Good for cocktail parties. Anyways...
Secondly, I heard that the ring allows him to talk to sea turtles. As you may have noticed in the past movies, Jack has a story or two about sea turtles ("He roped a couple of sea turtles..." in Curse and "Sea turtles, two of them strapped to my boots!" from Will in Chest) so in the third one they have to say something about the lovable animal. big grin
I also heard that Jack needs to climb up the waterfall (at World's End) because he just does. They have their reasons! So he talks some sea turtles into giving him a ride up the waterfall.
Now, before you go all bonkers and say, "That's a load of poo!" I must say that I don't know if it's true or not! I just read it somewhere. wink

Jcksparrows
Oh, and the place at the begining was a Turkish Prison. Jack goes in there to get the drawing of the key and knows you can't escape that palce alive, so what better way to escape than in a coffin?! Yep.

willofthewisp
Haha, reminds me of airplane.

Pilot: Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

*jcd*gmc*
He stole the ring (important) and something else that was unimportant

Chiki Mina
we could clearly see taht he stole a ring but before that..?

Bwa Ha Ha
Probably it'll be revealed what else he stole in the 3rd movie, and it will help them out somehow....or maybe it's something really unimportant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.