Please will someone help me?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Please oh lord! Someone help me. Do you have to be Asian or know Japanese to play Japanese games? Is there any other way around it? I really need help if yes tell me. And i'll go buy all the Japanese games i want! big grin

Sai1
Yes, you have to be Asian. Other races are not allowed to play Japanese games. The only way around it is to be reborn in the East in your next life. Unless you are an Asian American. If your half asian, you may be able to see video content but the audio might be messed up.

Kurosaki Ichigo
I always wanted to be Asian not White. sad

WrathfulDwarf
blink

Sai1
Originally posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
I always wanted to be Asian not White. sad

Uh.... Why?

Anime must be pretty powerful stuff to make people want to renounce their own heritage. no

Shroons
yeah, thats why i'm glad i'm a Latina, wait, we're talking about asian?

Kurosaki Ichigo
Not the Anime. I just never wanted to be White. I just wanted to be Asian.

Kayne Archeron
you can get some sort of chip for your game system that translates those kind of games... as far as i know, though, you can only get them for xbox/ps2 x-x

Kurosaki Ichigo
I want it for PS2 big grin. How do i get it?

Kayne Archeron
that's another part i don't know XD

Quincy Archer

Um...

confused

Shroons
I only want to be asian, cause they got nice hair.
But then agian, my hair is nice too big grin for a spanish person

Emperor Ashtar
...Noyou do not have to be asian to play asian games, Last I checked video games were not created by asians.

Lana
Well, the majority of games do come from Japan.

Anyway, if you want to play import games on your system, you need to get a mod chip and install it on your system. You can find and buy them online (check sites like ebay). Or, if you want to play PS2 games, you can always get a Japanese PS2.

However, the games themselves will not be in English, so good luck with that.

Tallis
You can buy Japanese games online. However to understand the games you have to be Japanese.

Unless you download a Emulator, and a ROM. An emulator allows you to play games on your computer. If you get a PS2 emulator then you can play PS2 games on your computer. A ROM is what the game is basically a ROM is any video game. You can download english and japanese games online.

However if you want to understand a Japanese game you also need to download a patch which will translate the game.

NOTE: Very important doing all of this is HIGHLY illegal. However if you want to know where you can download all said items I'll PM you a link to a good website.

Kayne Archeron
illegal... but easy to get away with

Kurosaki Ichigo
Thnx Tallis! big grin

Tallis
so do you want the link yes or no?

Kurosaki Ichigo
Yes.

Sai1
Originally posted by Tallis
You can buy Japanese games online. However to understand the games you have to be Japanese.

Another fallacy.

Sai1

However if you want to understand a Japanese game you also need to download a patch which will translate the game.

Curious, are patches available for any game or does a patch specifically have to be made for one? Or is it some kind of program like babblefish (which I hear isn't very accurate).

Sai1

What all do you know about Asians exactly? It's been my experience that most people aren't all that interested in their own culture let alone another's.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Nothing much. I plan on studying there Culture. And yes it's been your experience.

Sai1
Nothing much. I plan on studying there Culture. And yes it's been your experience.

Well the desire's gotta start somewhere. Usually one doesn't know "nothing much" about a culture that intrigues one to the point that he or she wants to be assimilated.

Kurosaki Ichigo
And what's the problem in that?

Sai1
And what's the problem in that?

Originally posted by Sai1
Well the desire's gotta start somewhere. Usually one doesn't know "nothing much" about a culture that intrigues one to the point that he or she wants to be assimilated.
^There's not necessarily a problem but it is a bit unprecedented. Why would anyone just wake up one day and say, "Hmm, I want to be (enter ethnicity here)."

Sai1
Where's Osaka. She would have a field day with this. laughing

Kurosaki Ichigo
Because they want to.

Sai1
Because they want to.

no expression huh

Kurosaki Ichigo
confused

Sai1
confused

I'm the one that's confused. laughing

Kurosaki Ichigo
You're not the only one.

Sai1
^So what is it that you're confused about exactly?

Tallis
Originally posted by Sai1
Curious, are patches available for any game or does a patch specifically have to be made for one? Or is it some kind of program like babblefish (which I hear isn't very accurate).

A patch turns all the Japanese text in the game into english. However you have to get a patch for each individual game. Which is why i perfer to download english games (less trouble of having to find the right patch).

So far I've myself download many GBA games like Golden Sun, as well as many N64 games like Zelda. The PS2 games are a bit harder to find but I myself have downloaded FF10, as well as a few others.

P.S. Kurosacki Ichigo I'll PM you the link right now.

Lana

Unless you download a Emulator, and a ROM. An emulator allows you to play games on your computer. If you get a PS2 emulator then you can play PS2 games on your computer. A ROM is what the game is basically a ROM is any video game. You can download english and japanese games online.

NOTE: Very important doing all of this is HIGHLY illegal. However if you want to know where you can download all said items I'll PM you a link to a good website.

Umm, there's no such thing as a working PS2 emulator - not yet anyway. I've tried the ones that do exist and they don't work, either the FPS is so slow that the games cannot run, or it just crashes entirely.

Tallis
Ectually it depends eniterly on the power of your computer. Since I've spent waking nights and tons of cash on my computer downloading anything which one would consider huge does little to my computer.

My Emulator seems to be in perfect working condition. Maybe you just haven't tried the right one. Or downloaded one from a bad source.

Kayne Archeron
yay for ROM mods... like making the hover boots on Ocarina of Time actually making you fly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.