Otp Small Detail?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MX5RACER
In the early stages of the OTP, when Harry is in the alley, he looses his wand when Dudley punches him. When he tries to find it, he speaks a spell to light up his wand. His wand then starts to light without being in his hand/not touching him. Is this a sign of how powerful Harry can be or was it just because he was close enough to his wand for it work?

There are other clues in previous books that hint at how powerful Harry can be. i.e.: Raising his broom on the first try (TSS). Can this be a window into a more powerful Harry coming? Powerful enough to defeat Voldemort?

What do you think?

l.saratn
Nah. Harry is going to fail miserably *nods*

Lord Tomahawk
well he is only powerful because voldemort made him powerful

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Lord Tomahawk
well he is only powerful because voldemort made him powerful
Um...no.

nehaa
voldy does gve harry some powers ex;can speak parseltongue

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by nehaa
voldy does gve harry some powers ex;can speak parseltongue Not necessairly. Dumbledore just thinks that. It's very possible that Harry could've been born like that.

But yeah.....isn't there a book 5 discussion thread?

willRules
No Dumbledore doesn't think Voldermort made him powerful. If you read the end of Order of the Phoenix, Dumbledore reckons Harry posses a power which even voldermort fears that can only be found within the strange archway in the department of mysteries in the ministry of Magic yes

Guy Fawkes
isnt in the archway the prophey tho?

dondo
can i ask a random question?...yes? no? ...well im gunnah big grin

in book 6 theres a picture of Harry and Dumbledore holding hands, in the arm wrestling sort of way...and theres red fire around their hands.....
this is very similar to the description givin later on in the book of snape making the "unbreakable vow"....just wonderin if dumbledore made on with harry because i havent re-read it...and im lazy...

Guy Fawkes
umm no because harry would have to agree with DD to make one

The Phantom
Originally posted by dondo
can i ask a random question?...yes? no? ...well im gunnah big grin

in book 6 theres a picture of Harry and Dumbledore holding hands, in the arm wrestling sort of way...and theres red fire around their hands.....
this is very similar to the description givin later on in the book of snape making the "unbreakable vow"....just wonderin if dumbledore made on with harry because i havent re-read it...and im lazy... Do not go off topic in threads. And I don't think so.

Unicor777

Nickey
Originally posted by MX5RACER
In the early stages of the OTP, when Harry is in the alley, he looses his wand when Dudley punches him. When he tries to find it, he speaks a spell to light up his wand. His wand then starts to light without being in his hand/not touching him. Is this a sign of how powerful Harry can be or was it just because he was close enough to his wand for it work?

There are other clues in previous books that hint at how powerful Harry can be. i.e.: Raising his broom on the first try (TSS). Can this be a window into a more powerful Harry coming? Powerful enough to defeat Voldemort?

What do you think?

I think he's becoming more powerful as he grows older. After all, he was marked Voldemort's equal. And Voldemort is the greatest DARK wizard of all time. So you gotta be pretty powerful to go against him, and Harry has done it numerous times.

siriuswriter
This is actually canon - Harry drops his wand and in a moment of sheer desperation he shouts "Lumos," in an effort to find his wand, and it lights up.

This shows that Harry has the capability to do wandless magic, just like Dumbledore and Voldemort do - therefore, he has the capability to be an extraordinary wizard. We've really known this since (at the latest) PoA, when he produced a corporeal Patronus (some wizards can produce Patronuses that are more jets of let of showers of light, but Harry's actually took on a shape. Also, fighting off the huge amount of dementors off of his first time self and Sirius-character at the end of PoA showed an extreme amount of power.

I think Harry just needs some time to cultivate everything. It's really too bad he lost Dumbledore, as that would have been the ideal person to teach him. I have a sneaking suspicion that Snape might become Harry's new mentor... or perhaps McGonagall? I dunno. But in this last book, I have a feeling that we're going to see Harry reach his full magical potential. How else will he defeat Voldemort?

Unicor777
Originally posted by siriuswriter
This is actually canon - Harry drops his wand and in a moment of sheer desperation he shouts "Lumos," in an effort to find his wand, and it lights up.

This shows that Harry has the capability to do wandless magic, just like Dumbledore and Voldemort do - therefore, he has the capability to be an extraordinary wizard. We've really known this since (at the latest) PoA, when he produced a corporeal Patronus (some wizards can produce Patronuses that are more jets of let of showers of light, but Harry's actually took on a shape. Also, fighting off the huge amount of dementors off of his first time self and Sirius-character at the end of PoA showed an extreme amount of power.

I think Harry just needs some time to cultivate everything. It's really too bad he lost Dumbledore, as that would have been the ideal person to teach him. I have a sneaking suspicion that Snape might become Harry's new mentor... or perhaps McGonagall? I dunno. But in this last book, I have a feeling that we're going to see Harry reach his full magical potential. How else will he defeat Voldemort?

Yep. Harry is dangerous! At least as dangerous as Voldermort and Dumbeldore are. And perhaps, in order to defeat Voldermot DD had to die, and Dd knew that. Perhaps by dying he gave him the greatest lesson.He taught him how to hate Voldermort even more. Remember thAT in OOTP Belatrix , when he chases her to revenge Serius, she tells Harry that when shutting an unbreakable curse you really need to mean that. And by losing DD the last of his protectors Harry is now more convinced when he will perform the " AVADA" on Voldermort. Btw everything started with that curse and it has to end with that one...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by MX5RACER

What do you think? He did it in POA, as well.

ndfreak
but dont wizards, in life threatening situations do better magic than before? i thought i read that somewhere... anyway when he faces Voldie he would be in a life threatening situation so i agree there. but the fact that he will become as strong as vo0ldie or DD i dont believe. Either because he will die in DH or because he isn't as good as valdie or DD at all. he doesn't even register on the scale compared to them (magical ability)

Unicor777
you are right, but DD has like 130 years gathered expirience a head of Harry. In theory after 130 years Harry's powers will be as good if not better then DDs. Every student is supposed to overcome his master.

ndfreak
still harry doesnt have the brainpower DD has or the cleverness. though he makes up for those with luck and a friend like hermione but she still not as smart as DD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.