Should it have ended in halloween 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Instead of making a whole more sequals, should Halloween have ended with halloween 2?

cking
really it should end at 2 but it could have made better sequels and if H3 didn't exist.

Impediment
I shouldve ended at 1. The ending was brilliant. 2 was okay, but very cliche.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment
I shouldve ended at 1. The ending was brilliant. 2 was okay, but very cliche.

thumb up agreed!

Wolfie
I liked #4 almost as equal as the first two.

I enjoyed them all more or less pre-H20.

allofyousuckkk
i could say it should have ended at one, but i know i wouldn't have been okay witht that ending. The series had wayyy too much potential. Personally, I liked all of them, although none could amount to the original two. Actually, I didn't like the 2 with his niece, i think she was his niece?

Can someone explain to me why she was wearing that costume at the end with the scissors, seemingly a killer, and then in the nxt one it was as if it had never happened?

cking
well at the end of part four when Jamie was touching Michaels hand, his homicidal impulses transfered to her before Micheal was repeatedly shot and fell into a well. this is a mystery to me and wikipedia never clearly said how this happened and why. my theory is that Micheal transferred his spirit into Jamie so that he could continue his killings but that disappeared in part 5 and she was granted a power to tell where Micheal is and what his next killing would happen. this is probably with some connection she had before she was possessed, their are two scenes that this may happen the one scene was when she appeared to Micheal and had an emotional pause which resulted in Micheal taking off his mask but didn't show his face. Jamie was approaching to touch his face while Micheal was crying but he stepped back in a bitter rage and went after Jamie once again. the next scene was when he was hit by the truck and he fell on the ground which I explained earlier. besides that I don't know.

Wolfie
That's the thing that makes me weird about the Halloween series in general. He started off as a normal guy. He was in an insane asylum, escaped, and killed. As the movies progressed, he became less of a human being and more of a curse, and evil spirit, the boogeyman.

cking
he was always a normal guy but he was indwelt with the curse of thorn. which is hard to explain right now and will do so later. remember in the last part of part 5 where it shows a scene or two a man wearing black with cowboy boots, well he was a druid and was part of a secret cult that worships Micheal. he was the one who blew up the jail that set Micheal free. the curse of thorn gives him this supernatural abilities, even Dr. loomis said he was an embodiment of evil. the curse of Micheal myers explains more of what he is, but I never seen it so I don't know anything about it. but I will do more research on the curse of thorn and how it controlled Micheal from the beginning. also another hint remember in part five when Micheal was with the hermit, well a symbol appears on the back of his hand and that symbol is associated with it.

cking
the curse of thorn, which makes the victim believe that if he kills all of his family members, he will bring balance to the conditions that afflict humanity. this is I have so far and I find more information later one.

steverules
Actually at the end of H2O that Wasn't Mike Myers, it was someone else. See halloween ressurection, it'll take me ages to explain

cking
thats right it wasn't Micheal myers. Laurie killed the fake guy and she was sent to the mental hospital for homicide, where she confronts Micheal in the beginning of resurrection.

steverules
Exactly, I hear they are making another Halloween movie. Hopefully they will just let Michael die

cking
Micheal cannot die, he is immortal just like Jason and I just posted earlier the reason why he can't die.

steverules
I reckon he can, in Halloween 2 he could've and would've died had he not been taken to hospital. Plus if they shoot him with a rocket Launcher and blow him up I think that will finish him. Or if they chop of his head.

cking
his body would be destroyed but not his spirit. he would simply send his spirit into another person's body and continue the curse until it is uplifted.

beta-wolf_101
I think that ending it with the first one would have been better. I never really liked all the witchcraft stuff they got into. The ending of the first one just left him as a physchotic.

steverules
Originally posted by cking
his body would be destroyed but not his spirit. he would simply send his spirit into another person's body and continue the curse until it is uplifted.

They are not going to do that. That would basically be Jason goes to hell all over again only with Mike Myers.

cking
I bet they would and I should have mentioned Jason goes to hell earlier would be the same. it was already demonstrated temporarily in part 4 with Jamie. it was stated that he is immortal in the curse of Micheal myers, not physically but spiritually. the curse of thorn controls Micheal's every move and is responsible for transferring his homicidal impulses into Jamie. he is just like Jason but he isn't dead but controlled by a mysterious curse for unknown reasons. when the curse is uplifted either he is sane or dead. if his body is destroyed then the curse would be transferred to any other living relative until the deed is done. the whole point of the series is too kill all his relatives just like I posted before and nothing can stop him until all of them are dead.

woody82
If it ended at 2 would of been fine, but wouldn't people be saying why is there no sequal we want more etc with like every film eg Pirates of carabien, Jurassic Park, Hostel etc.

Wolfie
That's true, though I would have been very content had Jurassic Park ended at the first one. POTC I wouldn't have cared either way.

Since Hostel was awful, I would've been content had they stopped before making the first one. stick out tongue

Deano
i liked halloween 2, 4 and 6. they had there own different style. the rest was crap tho

Wolfie
I'm glad I'm not the only one that liked #6. After I saw it, I felt like I needed my head examined, as I actually enjoyed it.

Deano
i watched the producers cut though. it expained alot more and was just overall much better than the original release. check www.arrowinthehead.com in the review section and check the comparisons he makes.

steverules
I would've thought halloween 6 was H20, is the curse of Mike Myers no.6? Wasn't it a straight to DVD movie?

Wolfie
Curse is #6. H20 is #7.

They all had theatrical releases, I believe.

allofyousuckkk
i think that the witchcraft ones and halloween III shouldn't have been added into the series. The rest I enjoyed, although none as much as the orginal two.

Why would she go to a homicide hospitol or w/e you said? When they realized it was an accident and he was still alive, they would have set her free.

And isn't the curse thing done now? He killed his whole family.

cking
wikipedia says this: after succeeding in crashing the van down on a steep slope off a mountainous highway. Laurie beheaded a costumed and masked man. when it was discovered she killed an innocent man, she was arrested for homicide, shortly after laurie was committed to the psychiatric core facility of Grace Anderson sanitarium. the curse isn't over until all relatives are dead including distant relatives. Sara moyer is related in some way and so the curse continues until she is dead.

allofyousuckkk
...oh

klaus kinski
Can anyone tell me what they think the reason was for in the story line change in part three?

cking
tommy lee Wallace directed H3, Wallace was the art directer and production designer for john carpenter's original Halloween and previously declined to direct H2 in 1981. After H3, Wallace directed other Halloween such as fright night 2 (1988), vampires: los muertos (2002), and the miniseries IT (1990) , the television adaption of the Stephen king novel. H3 opened on October 22, 1982 and earned $6,333,289 in its opening weekend, it grossed a total of $14,400,000 in the united states. but it was the worst performing Halloween film at the time. it had to compete against ET which the domestic gross is ($435,110,554), poltergeist ($76,606,288, Friday the 13th part 3 ($34,501,514), creep show($21,022,755), and also john carpenter's the THING. the biggest reason why it didn't do so good because it had nothing to do with Micheal and the title should have been changed to fit the plot which it disappointed Halloween fans because they expected Micheal again. it had nothing to do with the original Halloween series. I don't know why Wallace wanted it to be different than the original, it was a mistake that almost cost the original Halloween series because it had brutal competition against other hit movies during that time which brought a revival in alien and horror movies. had Wallace waited longer and changed the title and waited once the ET frenzy settled down then it might be successful. good thing that it did because people came to believe that it destroyed the Halloween series and it ended for good until 1988 when part 4 came out which brought new interest in the series which was almost at the point of being forgotten.

Wolfie
Those are a lot of figures but don't answer klaus kinski's question at all.

Wallace wanted to take the series into new places. His intention was that "Halloween" wasn't to be exclusive to Michael Myers, but a series of unrelated horror movies (kind of like Creepshow).

This idea didn't respond well, as the third movie in the series is a terrible place to execute it. If Season of the Witch was the second movie instead, they might've had a better following. Since it wasn't, and it was the third movie, the idea was shot down.

Six years later, it was time to continue the series for the disappointed fans who paid to see Michael-less Halloween 3. Halloween 4 was the return of Michael Myers, who will never die.

cking
they might had a better showing if it was the second movie. but still no Micheal=no money. it was desperately hard for it to compete against movies I listed above especially ET in 1982. Had Micheal been in it would have a chance to do good, but since it didn't, the movie didn't have much of a chance. the plot of the movie was kind of cheesy, the plot had potential but it needed work. the movie wasn't horrible, it just wasn't that good period, like I said it had potential. I just wished the title was changed to the season of the witch, instead of H3. this is the kind of movie that should never exist in the Halloween series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.