A few things I've thought of... (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdl1224
Here come some of my theories... some are a little out there.

The Wedding The wedding was ruined from the beginning. And some people think that them seeing each other was part of it. But- REALLY why was the wedding ruined? JACK. Will is handcuffed because of Jack, which is why he couldn't get to the wedding. And is initially why they don't get married. So already it starts out with Jack messing things up.

Rum & Bootstrap's Warning This one I'm not so sure about but I thought I'd throw it out there. Jack goes looking from rum and says the line 'Why is the rum always gone?" making the audience immediatly think back to Jack and Elizabeth on the island in the first one. So he goes looking, and when he's found the last one WILL's father appears to tell him his time is almost up. Now, why did it have to be Bootstap? Couldn't Davy had done it himself and threatened him a bit more? Or was it simply ironic that it cuts from Jack and Liz to Will's father. I'm not even sure about this theory myself. I need to think about it more. It could be simply comical effect and then introducing Will's father. Or it could be both. *hmm...*

The Stolen Ring from Tia Alright here comes another 'out there' theory. Jack steals a rig with a huge BLACK SPOT on it. When he gets the ring is when things between Will and Liz really start going bad. Its right before Will gets on to the Flying Dutchman and feelings btwn Jack and Liz develop. Also, any time that I can think of, the ring shows when he's with Elizabeth. When he brushes her face to when it shows him chained to the ship. Bad things happen to him when he's wearing it. The black spot appears again, and he's eaten (maybe- I'm not convinced yet) by the kraken. Black ring- Black spot. Both signifing bad things.

When Jack knocks out Will When they are trying to leave the beach, Jack knocks Will into the boat. At first it didn't make any sense to me. He WAS looking at the dirt and that could be why so that Will didn't figure anything out- or that Jack saw Liz was in danger and didn't want Will to go to her rescue, but that he wanted to show he could do it and wanted to let her do it because he knows she can.

I realize they are kindda out there. I'm not sure about them myself. Opinions?

LovelyOne
Some good points..I don't understand what you are getting at with the Bill thing..I made a huge theory on him though called "Will, Bill and the knife" you can read it if you are interested in his whole appearance and purpose in the movie smile

The wedding gave off a horrible gloomy feel to it right from the beginning..as if its not meant to be..What also strikes me is how Beckett says to Liz that it might be fate intervening to stop the wedding..he also suggests that she is going to alot of trouble to save Jack sparrow hinting that she has feelings for him..she over reacts and becomes very defensive..he laughs at her reaction..

The director has said that Will/Liz relationship is mirroring what happened to Davy Jones...So Jack being responsible for ALL of their troubles will make that happen. Liz is falling for him. I actually think that he is falling for her too..Tia seemed to notice this when she asked about his compass..she said something along the lines of:

"Jack Sparrow does not know what he wants *then something inaudible* or maybe he does and he's trying to work out how to claim it for his own"

Also about Jack knocking Will out..he seems to be really REALLY iffy around Will in this movie..constantly trying to get rid of him..separate him from Liz..Its all the signs of someone who wants to defeat the competition over a girl.

I thought the ring was Barbossas ring.

I have a feeling that Tia is trying to make the Will/Davy possibility happen. But I think that Jack/Liz do actually have these feelings for one another because Jack's compass starts to screw about before he steals the ring.

LovelyOne
I think Tia has been speaking to the East India Trading company purely based on the fact Beckett says that thing about "fate intervening" to stop the wedding...there is a link..Tia goes on and on about Will's destiny.. probably told the EITC about Will/Davy..Also that ring thing is REALLY interesting..I never noticed it before..

I don't know how it could all add up to help the EITC though..confused

katelovespirate
i think when Jack knocks Will out in the boat, he is getting back at him from when Will knocked Jack in the 1st one with the oar. wink

LovelyOne
LOL oh yea! So hilarious how he takes ages to recover from it and walks right into the pirates..

katelovespirate
i know. both jack and will are like out cold when they get knocked with an oar. i, fact, i would put money on the oars being some of the most dangerous weapons in the caribbeans. lol.

those are all really good thoughts. i love crazy deep theories. smile

jdl1224
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Some good points..I don't understand what you are getting at with the Bill thing..I made a huge theory on him though called "Will, Bill and the knife" you can read it if you are interested in his whole appearance and purpose in the movie smile

The wedding gave off a horrible gloomy feel to it right from the beginning..as if its not meant to be..What also strikes me is how Beckett says to Liz that it might be fate intervening to stop the wedding..he also suggests that she is going to alot of trouble to save Jack sparrow hinting that she has feelings for him..she over reacts and becomes very defensive..he laughs at her reaction..

The director has said that Will/Liz relationship is mirroring what happened to Davy Jones...So Jack being responsible for ALL of their troubles will make that happen. Liz is falling for him. I actually think that he is falling for her too..Tia seemed to notice this when she asked about his compass..she said something along the lines of:

"Jack Sparrow does not know what he wants *then something inaudible* or maybe he does and he's trying to work out how to claim it for his own"

Also about Jack knocking Will out..he seems to be really REALLY iffy around Will in this movie..constantly trying to get rid of him..separate him from Liz..Its all the signs of someone who wants to defeat the competition over a girl.

I thought the ring was Barbossas ring.

I have a feeling that Tia is trying to make the Will/Davy possibility happen. But I think that Jack/Liz do actually have these feelings for one another because Jack's compass starts to screw about before he steals the ring.

I never noticed Beckett saying that. Now I'm going to have to see it again lol.

The ring may of been Barbossa's. Maybe Tia even could of put it there because she knew he'd take it and she has some control over him maybe? There was that voodoo thing. Maybe she is working with the EITC and it trying to help them get him? In which case maybe that's why Jack was scared about going into her hut because he knows she's fickle? (i read that question on a different post)

and i did read your post about the knife. i found it REALLY intresting. you're really good at connecting stuff. i thought that post was genius.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jdl1224
I never noticed Beckett saying that. Now I'm going to have to see it again lol.

The ring may of been Barbossa's. Maybe Tia even could of put it there because she knew he'd take it and she has some control over him maybe? There was that voodoo thing. Maybe she is working with the EITC and it trying to help them get him? In which case maybe that's why Jack was scared about going into her hut because he knows she's fickle? (i read that question on a different post)

and i did read your post about the knife. i found it REALLY intresting. you're really good at connecting stuff. i thought that post was genius.

Yes, I'm the one that originally pointed it out on the Jack and Lizzie thread I believe....Beckett is one of the clues that adds up to Disney wanting us to take notice of this Jack and Elizabeth thing going on....Jack is the underlying reason of everything that happens in this movie.....He is also the reason Beckett wants the Heart of Davy Jones....I think he wants to control Jack.....Whatever went on in their past will definitely come to blows in POTC 3 - think about how he tells Will they both left their brand of each other...we know what Jack's is - the "P" for pirate, but what did Jack do to Beckett? Notice when Liz first mentions Beckett in the Persuade Me scene - he grabs his arm where his scar is and says "ayhhhhh"

LovelyOne
Yes^^^ you pointed it out first smile sorry I should have said smile

and is that arm thing why Liz flinches a bit?

katelovespirate
does he really grab his arm scar there?!?!?!?! that is SOOOO HOTT> i LOVE Jack's arm scar. possibly the hottest most exciting thing ever. I have to go see it again, just for that moment. wow.

AnimeLuvr
did any of you notice that when they release the monkey in the hut with tia it runs over to a PAIR OF BOOTS and i went to see it again they look a lot like the ones that Barbosa is wearing in the end. I think the monkey knew he was there or coming soon. it's kinda like those "out-there" ones that you talk about.

surfchikpir8fan
lol i never thought of jack knocking will out with the oar waz 2 get back at him from the first movie lol i hope jack n eizabeth become a couple wills got other things on his mind like his father n stuff i think him seeing liz n jack kiss may of been a massive drop in their relationship but its still sad 4 will i think either way potc 3 is going 2 surprise every1 ssoooooooo much no1 has a clue wat diseny is gonna do omg im soooooooo excited big grin

willofthewisp
I'm picking up a vibe about Jack and his issues with trust. Some people have said he doesn't give it out very freely, but I think he gives it out a little too freely. The only people he doesn't seem to trust at all are Norrington and Barbosa, but rightly so.
1. Bootstrap Bill: he was supposedly the only member of the crew to not mutiny against him.
2. Will: as much as he is annoyed by him, I think he does trust Will to a certain extent.
3. Liz: trusts her almost completely, I think
4. Gibbs
5. Tia Dalma, who could be good or bad
So I think it's the other way around and other people are unwilling to trust Jack, so that is probably why Beckett questions Liz so intently. He suspects whoever trusts Jack, so anyone willing to risk their own necks to help him (Will and Liz) must know him on such intimate terms that they would know exactly how to get the compass.

diddly-dum
I think the reason why Jack struck up a deal with Davy Jones is because he liked the fact that an underwater boat thats cursed,... or he likes cursed boats. Seems like he does.boat

*jcd*gmc*
good theories-they're not a quarter as out there as other ones were

Chiki Mina
i think that jack made an accord w davy beacuse he knows that davy IS THE SEA he controls the ocean well practically taking calypsos place. BUT WAIT i just had a thought. what if JACK was DYING at the moment. beckett destroyed jacks ship i believed it was claaed the wicked wench and jack was in that ship so maybe he was dying. and seeing jones about to take his soul jack prob made a drama story and with jacks charmas then probably convinced jones to give him time and his beloved ship the pearl. what i think what jack told davy was that he worked w this company and they destoyed his life and he wants revenge before he dies. so maybe jones gave him those 13 years so jack could plan his vengeance or watever. IM MAKING THIS UP ITS JUST A THOUGHT. its probably wrong as crap but im just thinking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.