Cuba ready for Democracy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, as you read in the news "El Dictador" is hospitalize and for the first time in 47 years he is not in charge of Cuba. Which ponders the question of many Cuban-Americans. Is Cuba ready to become a democratic nation? Or will another "El Dictador" will take over. Do you think Cuba is ready for this change?

Draco69
His brother is in charge right? I doubt he's any better....

WrathfulDwarf
You mean Raul? He's getting too old as well.

Mindship
Don't we have to go in first and blow some stuff up?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship

That will happen only if we can sell them back the things we blew up. wink

WrathfulDwarf

They might still pointing those missiles at us. Damn those Commies!

PVS

yeah, but first someone's face needs to be plastered on every news outlet and labeled "just as bad as hitler". 9-11 must be invoked. and....well thats it really, then we just fly in and blow shit up.

Capt_Fantastic
I think Cuba's been ready for democracy for the last 47 years. But when they do get it, their version of it will be little better than the communism they have now.

badabing
It will be a great day when the Cubans are liberated from Castro.

amity75
After Raul dies (In like, 15 years) there will no doubt be a Castro nephew or grandson ready to take over. A bit like if Uday Hussein took over from his old man. Same sh*t, different day.

badabing
Originally posted by amity75
After Raul dies (In like, 15 years) there will no doubt be a Castro nephew or grandson ready to take over. A bit like if Uday Hussein took over from his old man. Same sh*t, different day.
I hope that's not the way events will unfold. BTW, nice sig! cool

KidRock
I think the bigger question is: Who the **** cares?

JacopeX
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, as you read in the news "El Dictador" is hospitalize and for the first time in 47 years he is not in charge of Cuba. Which ponders the question of many Cuban-Americans. Is Cuba ready to become a democratic nation? Or will another "El Dictador" will take over. Do you think Cuba is ready for this change? Well its said his brother "Raul" Castro is going to be Cuba next dictator and matter of fact, he might have the same ideas as Fidel castros Communism. I just hope something will be done about this but I dont see any action going on but the people protesting.

$noopbert
Originally posted by JacopeX
Well its said his brother "Raul" Castro is going to be Cuba next dictator and matter of fact, he might have the same ideas as Fidel castros Communism. I just hope something will be done about this but I dont see any action going on but the people protesting. Are you proud to be a Peruvian or an American?

JacopeX
Originally posted by $noopbert
Are you proud to be a Peruvian or an American? Good question. Well I was born in america, but both of my parents give me peruvian blood making me 100% Peruvian. Im american citizen but still, im proud to be peruvian.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm unclear as to why being proud of your nationality has anything to do with not wanting to live in a communist dictatorship.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'm unclear as to why being proud of your nationality has anything to do with not wanting to live in a communist dictatorship. Im unclear about the question i was asked BTW.

Tptmanno1
Back on topic,
I think that we should not be making decisions for the Cuban people. We shouldn't have to force Democracy upon them, that never turns out right. But it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years, it will definitly be a place to watch.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Back on topic,
I think that we should not be making decisions for the Cuban people. We shouldn't have to force Democracy upon them

Cuba is not Iraq. It's wanted democracy for some time. How much better the Cuban version of democracy will be to their current version of communism has yet to be seen.

Wasn't it Romancing the Stone that said that "B@stards have brothers"

FeceMan
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/08/02/castro.sister/index.html

Bastards have brothers? Hmm...I'm wondering if that context is more with 'bastard' being 'illegitimate child' and thus a commentary on the sexual habits of those who have children out of wedlock.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/08/02/castro.sister/index.html

Bastards have brothers? Hmm...I'm wondering if that context is more with 'bastard' being 'illegitimate child' and thus a commentary on the sexual habits of those who have children out of wedlock.

Thank you for taking my post far too literally.

And I heard the report from his sister. So, how about we change my quote to "Bastards live forever"?

I didn't think the filter would allow bastards.

WrathfulDwarf
It's about time!

Bardock42
It's about time! You know what's also about time? The US ending their restrictions on Cuba.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42
You know what's also about time? The US ending their restrictions on Cuba.

That's an issue both sides need to work.

We're listening....

Bardock42
That's an issue both sides need to work.

We're listening.... N-no you aren't.

What do you want cuba to do? Change their system of government to one that suits you more?

WrathfulDwarf

What do you want cuba to do?

Treat their citizens better.

Why else are their citizens jumping into rafts and heading to our waters?. Maybe we should re-direct them to Europe and talk to you. That way you get to hear it directly from their mouths.

Bardock42
Treat their citizens better.

Why else are their citizens jumping into rafts and heading to our waters?. Maybe we should re-direct them to Europe and talk to you. That way you get to hear it directly from their mouths. So, by that logic you should put an embargo on Mexico?

WrathfulDwarf
So, by that logic you should put an embargo on Mexico?

Mexicans are different. They make great spicy food. thumb up

Cheaper to take vacations on Mexico too....

Bardock42
Mexicans are different. They make great spicy food. thumb up

Cheaper to take vacations on Mexico too.... Oh, so it's hypocritical. Yes, that's what I thought.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, so it's hypocritical. Yes, that's what I thought.

If you ever visit the States I'll treat you to some Mexican food.

You'll love it.

Bardock42
If you ever visit the States I'll treat you to some Mexican food.

You'll love it. I ate Mexican food and I've been in the US......but that's an offer I can't refuse.

You guys are still mean to Cuba.

WrathfulDwarf
I ate Mexican food and I've been in the US......but that's an offer I can't refuse.

You better not refuse or I'll be insulted!

Mean to Cuba....Me?

I love Cuban Sandwiches and Cubans can make one heck of a cup of coffee!

Plus I've seen Scarface more than once.

Bardock42
You better not refuse or I'll be insulted!

Mean to Cuba....Me?

I love Cuban Sandwiches and Cubans can make one heck of a cup of coffee!

Plus I've seen Scarface more than once. Well, I meant the US on the whole, but I suppose you are part of that. Generalization for the win.

Also, Al Pacino is ****ing Italian American, that's probably the most insulting thing that ever happened to Cuba ever.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, I meant the US on the whole, but I suppose you are part of that. Generalization for the win.

Also, Al Pacino is ****ing Italian American, that's probably the most insulting thing that ever happened to Cuba ever.

Land of the free and home of the brave ftw.

Al Pacino is ****ing great actor!

Besides, if you think that was insulting to Cubans. Then you've never seen a Spaghetti Western in your life.

Italians playing Mexicans...hohoho..great stuff (love those movies)

Bardock42
Land of the free and home of the brave ftw.

Al Pacino is ****ing great actor!

Besides, if you think that was insulting to Cubans. Then you've never seen a Spaghetti Western in your life.

Italians playing Mexicans...hohoho..great stuff (love those movies)

I don't mind Mexicans being insulted...they smell funny.

Robtard

Until Castro dies and and any semblance of his legacy has vanished, no U.S. politician is going to risk his/her neck saying "hey, Cuba isn't the bad-guy anymore".

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Until Castro dies and and any semblance of his legacy has vanished, no U.S. politician is going to risk his/her neck saying "hey, Cuba isn't the bad-guy anymore". Yeah, which is kinda what I find ridiculous.

dadudemon
It's about time!

That makes me feel happy. big grin

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, as you read in the news "El Dictador" is hospitalize and for the first time in 47 years he is not in charge of Cuba. Which ponders the question of many Cuban-Americans. Is Cuba ready to become a democratic nation? Or will another "El Dictador" will take over. Do you think Cuba is ready for this change?

Is America?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Devil King
communist dictatorship.

...except that 'communist dictatorship' is an oxymoron and by deffinition does not and has never existed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
...except that 'communist dictatorship' is an oxymoron and by deffinition does not and has never existed. Though I agree with what you mean to say, I believe that the definition of communism has extended through the 20th century.

Epic Fail Guy

Robtard
It worked for the Smurfs, but that's about it.

lord xyz
Don't we have to go in first and blow some stuff up? No, first you give them weapons, then say they shouldn't have weapons. Then go in and blow stuff up.

In 50 years time, you'll pull out and they'll have democracy.

Or you'll lose again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.