Spidey Villains Vs. Bat Villains!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
The Beyonder teleports 10 of Spider-man's most dangerous foes along with 10 of Batman's most sinister foes to a remote location....

He tells the Spidey villains that if they can destroy the opposing Bat-villains, then Spider-man will cease to exist, and New York City will be theirs for the taking.

He then tells the Bat-villains if they can take out the Spidey-villains, then Batman will cease to exist and Gotham City will be theirs.

Both teams agree to this deal and agree to work together this one time to accomplish their objective....

The SPIDERMAN VILLAINS :

1. Hydro-man
2. Kraven the Hunter
3. The Rhino
4. The Kingpin
5. The Green Goblin
6. The Sandman
7. The Vulture (Younger version)
8. The Lizard
9. The Black Cat
10. Puma

VS.

THE BATMAN VILLAINS :

1. Mister Freeze
2. Ra's Al Ghul
3. Solomon Grundy (Superfriends version)
4. Bane
5. The Joker
6. Clay Face
7. Man-Bat
8. Killer Croc
9. Catwoman
10. Catman

There is no prep, and the battle takes place in a deserted down town Metropolis!!!! There are no civilians, and the entire city is their battle ground. There is also no time limit, and the battle ends when the last opposing team member is left standing....

WHICH TEAM OF BADDIES IS REALLY THE BADDEST???

I also tried to even up each villain with an opponent fairly evenly matched to their own strengths with the corresponding number....this doesn't mean that person will fight the same number person though, but it helps.

Broly92
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid

3. Solomon Grundy (Superfriends version)

You do know the Superfreinds were Pre-Crisis confused

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Broly92
You do know the Superfreinds were Pre-Crisis confused

Yes, but I don't think that particular version of Solomon Grundy is half as powerful as the current version of Solomon Grundy. The current version of Solomon Grundy has mopped the floor with the entire JSA and held his own with the JLA....I never saw the older version of him do that...in fact, the older Solomon Grundy varies with different opponents. One version has him scraping with Superman, and another has him barely holding his own with Batman; getting kicked and punched around like a punching bag. So, this is the version that's about half-way in between the weakest version and the most powerful version....Solomon Grundy at 50% you could say!!!! smile

Broly92
How?

Comicbook_kid
How?

How what?

Broly92
How is a guy who faced
pre-crisis Supes between weakest and strongest wacko

Comicbook_kid
How is a guy who faced
pre-crisis Supes between weakest and strongest wacko

The current Solomon Grundy is the most powerful version of him so far....even more powerful than the 70's and 80's version. Just because it's the Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy doesn't make him the most powerful version. I've seen the Pre-Crisis Solomon Grundy barely hold his own with Batman in battle. Like I said, Solomon Grundy varies with the writer. Sometimes he's written as a character that can barely handle Batman, while another writer has him fighting Superman toe-2-toe, while yet another writer has him more powerful than Superman; fighting the entire JLA and defeating the likes of the entire JSA....so, there is NO ONE particular version of Solomon Grundy!!! Just think of this Solomon Grundy as mid-version of him. Not him at his strongest, nor him at his weakest either; about Class 70-80 roundabouts!!!

Broly92
Fine sorry
Batman villians win still though

Ritoshi
Is solomon Grundy a batman Villian laughing

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Ritoshi
Is solomon Grundy a batman Villian laughing

confused Uh, yeah...... confused Well, actually he's a Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Green Arrow, JSA, and JLA villain.

Batman has faced him several times in battle on his own. Check out Detective Comics #523 for a great Batman/Grundy fight. Also, check out Batman : The Long Halloween series. Grundy is one of the many Bat-villains in that series.

Comicbook_kid
confused Uh, yeah...... confused Well, actually he's a Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Green Arrow, JSA, and JLA villain.

Batman has faced him several times in battle on his own. Check out Detective Comics #523 for a great Batman/Grundy fight. Batman also went up against Grundy in Shadow of the Bat #39.......Also, check out Batman : The Long Halloween series. Grundy is one of the many Bat-villains that appear in that series.

Arahan
Spidey villians will take this too much raw power.

superbatman86
Bats villians win.You don't give the the Joker prep and expect the other team to walk away without a smile on their faces.

Darth Vegas
Solomon Grundy is not part of Batman's rogues gallery.

That being said, Spidey's villains take it.

Draco69
Batman villains take it. Solomon Grundy suddenly tipped the scales in their favor....

Pre-Crisis (Superfriends...) Solomon Grundy tangled with Pre-Crisis planet-juggling Superman...and often beat him.....

Psyquis52
1. Hydro-man vs Mr Freeze = 50/50 (this is an easy one to argue either way so I can't see a victor in this fight myself.)
2. Kraven the Hunter vs Ra's Al Ghul = 7/10 in favor of Kraven. He's not a better fighter but he has other abilities that help compensate
3. The Rhino vs Solomon Grundy = 6/10 Rhino It's really hard to tell sometimes
4. The Kingpin vs Bane = 6/10 Bane
5. The Green Goblin vs Joker = 6/10 Green Goblin he's stronger and has more on hand weaponry
6. The Sandman vs Clayface = 6/10 Clayface
7. The Vulture (Younger version) vs Man-Bat = 7.5/10 Man Bat Vulture is smart and fairly tough but c'mon
8. The Lizard vs Killer Croc = 6/10 Lizard even in Croc's current state
9. The Black Cat vs Catwoman = 7/10 Catwoman
10. Puma vs Cat Man = 6/10 Cat Man

So much for the preliminaries, now let's check the score.

Spiderman = 4.5
Batman = 5.5

This is just IMO. I don't consider any of these fact.
Kraven vs Bane = Bane 6/10
Green Goblin vs Man-Bat = Green Goblin 7/10
Rhino vs Clayface = Rhino 6/10 (maybe)
Lizard vs Catwoman and Catman = Catwoman and Catman 7/10

Bane vs Rhino = Rhino 8/10
Catwoman and Catman vs Green Goblin = C and C 6/10

C and C vs Rhino = C and C 5.5 out of 10

And that's game. Batman wins.

freezedoom
Black Cat and Catwoman are not villains. At least, Black Cat isn't.

Juntai
Originally posted by Psyquis52
1. Hydro-man vs Mr Freeze = 50/50 (this is an easy one to argue either way so I can't see a victor in this fight myself.)
2. Kraven the Hunter vs Ra's Al Ghul = 7/10 in favor of Kraven. He's not a better fighter but he has other abilities that help compensate
3. The Rhino vs Solomon Grundy = 6/10 Rhino It's really hard to tell sometimes
4. The Kingpin vs Bane = 6/10 Bane
5. The Green Goblin vs Joker = 6/10 Green Goblin he's stronger and has more on hand weaponry
6. The Sandman vs Clayface = 6/10 Clayface
7. The Vulture (Younger version) vs Man-Bat = 7.5/10 Man Bat Vulture is smart and fairly tough but c'mon
8. The Lizard vs Killer Croc = 6/10 Lizard even in Croc's current state
9. The Black Cat vs Catwoman = 7/10 Catwoman
10. Puma vs Cat Man = 6/10 Cat Man

So much for the preliminaries, now let's check the score.

Spiderman = 4.5
Batman = 5.5

This is just IMO. I don't consider any of these fact.
Kraven vs Bane = Bane 6/10
Green Goblin vs Man-Bat = Green Goblin 7/10
Rhino vs Clayface = Rhino 6/10 (maybe)
Lizard vs Catwoman and Catman = Catwoman and Catman 7/10

Bane vs Rhino = Rhino 8/10
Catwoman and Catman vs Green Goblin = C and C 6/10

C and C vs Rhino = C and C 5.5 out of 10

And that's game. Batman wins. I can agree with a lot of that, and I really like some of those matchups...

However Grundy MURKS Rhino like a toy.
And I'd take Ras over Kraven, while both are very skilled, Ras is mentally ahead of his opponent in this encounter, but that's just me.

Same result in the end either way.

Batvillains ftw.

Tshern
I see Batman villains having some trouble with Green Goblin. And remember, they are probably not fighting one on one, so strategy is damn vital here, brains over muscles...

Juntai
Originally posted by Tshern
I see Batman villains having some trouble with Green Goblin. And remember, they are probably not fighting one on one, so strategy is damn vital here, brains over muscles... Well, if you're going like that, Bats villain team is full of genius', shit a couple of those guys rank up with some of the smartest on the planet. Joker, Bane, Ras, etc.

Tshern
Yeah, I was not arguing against The Bat villain team, just rising some points. To be exact, I'm in favor of The Bat villain team, especially because of Solomon Grundy and the combined wits of the team. Also, they probably have the experience advantage, don't they?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by freezedoom
Black Cat and Catwoman are not villains. At least, Black Cat isn't.

No, you're mistaken. Both are villains. Black Cat was originally a Spidey villain.....it wasn't until later she reformed from her villainous ways.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Solomon Grundy is not part of Batman's rogues gallery.

That being said, Spidey's villains take it.

Yes, Grundy is!!!! Batman has went up against Grundy several times in battle. Yes, it's true he's not a primary Batman villain, but he's still a Bats villain nonetheless. Actually, he's a Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Green Arrow, Supergirl, JSA, and JLA villain.....

Check out Detective Comics #523, Shadow of the Bat #39, and Batman : The Long Halloween series for some good Batman/Grundy face-offs!!!!

Also, since Solomon Grundy changes so often with different writers, this version of Solomon Grundy is at about Rhino's strength....about Class 70-80 level strength. Not the version that was as strong (or stronger) than Superman!!!

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Juntai
I can agree with a lot of that, and I really like some of those matchups...

However Grundy MURKS Rhino like a toy.
And I'd take Ras over Kraven, while both are very skilled, Ras is mentally ahead of his opponent in this encounter, but that's just me.

Same result in the end either way.

Batvillains ftw.

Ordinarily I would totally agree with you on Rhino and Kraven however the creator of this thread wasn't very specific on Grundy's power level or Kraven's. This could be Kraven at full capacity who would be stronger and more agile than Ra's. Not that it makes a lot of difference with Ra's but I think Kraven could take the majority against him.
If Grundy is at lower-level power settings then I would assume that Rhino has a strength and speed advantage against him. He's still about as sharp as a wet bowling ball but it's not like he's getting any competition in the intelligence area.

BTW thanks for the compliment.

Droopy
Bats team wins mr freez vs hydro man big grin

Inhuman
You forgot some spidey villains, and added the creme of the crop for batman baddies, even grundy erm

I guess you were trying to make it fair? huh

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Inhuman
You forgot some spidey villains, and added the creme of the crop for batman baddies, even grundy erm

I guess you were trying to make it fair? huh

Yes I was, and I think I did a pretty nice job of doing so....and sure there are more Spidey villains that I could have added, but when it comes to the likes of Toxin, Venom, Carnage, Kaine, Electro, etc...those guys are a little too powerful for the likes of most Batman villains IMO.

Sure, I put Grundy on the list, but if you look I also put Rhino on the list; and said that this version of Grundy is around the 70-80 class range...plus, it's not always about muscle, it's more about teamwork and how well the team can work together and strategize to pull out a win for their team rather than just using the ol' saying "Might makes right". Sometimes brains is far more important than brawn in a fight...

Each team has it's share of muscle, but also it's share of brains too....

Sixth_Winged
Solomon Grundy superfriends is pc? Did anyone mention every superfriends version of said characters automatically lose -1000 IQ points and sad sad points up by 1000. Don't believe it, one only has to look at Darkseid, the epitome of uber villains during the days.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Yes, Grundy is!!!! Batman has went up against Grundy several times in battle. Yes, it's true he's not a primary Batman villain, but he's still a Bats villain nonetheless. Actually, he's a Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), Green Arrow, Supergirl, JSA, and JLA villain.....

Check out Detective Comics #523, Shadow of the Bat #39, and Batman : The Long Halloween series for some good Batman/Grundy face-offs!!!!

Also, since Solomon Grundy changes so often with different writers, this version of Solomon Grundy is at about Rhino's strength....about Class 70-80 level strength. Not the version that was as strong (or stronger) than Superman!!!

"rogues gallery" automatically assume it's his regular villains and not the occassional kind he shares with others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.