Zereil's Pad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thane Zereil
well as I've been asked, and I miss you guys, ask any question and as soon as on I shall answer anything and everything I can immediately!

yerssot
What is the theoretical change of finding life on another planet?

phinney6
can people predict the future scientificly

Gundark
I'd like to see a picture of you in jeans from the rear, please.

Thane Zereil
well thats a relative question that is entirely dependent on what type of life form it is. This by the way kid has nothing to do with me but ok your answer. If it is a species with lesser technology we are likely to try and take advantage of them whilst at the same time claiming that it is for both ours and their greater good. If they are more advanced we will try and proove ourselves as worth being an ally too, sneaky bastards that we are, most probably though we will come across other life forms and not understand what the hell they are and pass them by unnoticed and never truly communicate or deal with them until we develop into a more advanced understanding balanced species ourselves

Dexx
tell me the secret of the cold fussion

phinney6
Gundy, I thought you were with queeq? hmmmmmmm

Gundark
There's nothing wrong with looking at other men in jeans. I'm just looking, I'm not touching.

Thane Zereil
In theory the ony way to tell the future and be precise and correct would be to travel at faster or at least near light space as far away as possible and then look at the planet for signals from it as sound move slower we could here communications and find out what is likely to happen. If you mean to predict through psychic powers etc thats an unknown that is never proveable, it depends on how precise you need it, pretty much anything said to be a prediction can be later proved to b true as given time progresses eventually almost anything has the potential to happen.

by the way to travel at great speeds of this nature I have an idea called an axial compression system where if you could Ionise a field around a craft and squeezed it like a balloon you would shoot faster with much greater speed and as such using up less thrust speed, however the energy needed to create and maintain such a field would be huge.

Thane Zereil
Gundark I rarely wear jeans as I prefer to wear suits, however I will try and produce such a picture and mail it to you. however may I state that it is rather unfair at present given I have no pic of you in any state of dress or items of clothing

phinney6
thanks my man, i will try it sometime

yerssot
you didn't gave a clear chance sad

Thane Zereil
fusion: fusing melting creating a fused mass, cold fusion - union of atomic nuclei process as an energy source by producing a heavier mass to an energy form examples of which being used in the hydrogen bomb

Gundark
Well blast it. What's your e-mail address ? I'm still re-buildling my list from my laptop crash. I'll send you a pic.

Thane Zereil
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Dexx
yup, i know that...just how do you do u do it...

Gundark
Pic has been sent !

phinney6
whats the pic of

Thane Zereil
In order to do that you would have to have the sort of equipment tht could vibrate and seperate atoms out and then colliding them together within a vaccum, it aint easy and I think it would cost you...

Dexx
i though cold fusion was impossible with today's technologies. I heard something about it but still in project form...i think

Thane Zereil
Indeed thats why I cant see how your gonna afford that kinda R&D the principles are in place its the doing it thats the problem

Thane Zereil
Gundark dear which address did you post to as you dont seem to be turning up on any of them???

phinney6
I want to see the picture, to see what gundy looks like, [email protected]

Thane Zereil
its becoming a demand now, its weird as a thread about my life goes, this has really shot off tangentally

phinney6
what about you life?

Thane Zereil
well originally the idea of this thread was that you guys could ask anything about me, I never realised I woudl serve as an oracle as well, however thats cool

yerssot
Most people suck at life, so they usually blow it

phinney6
Who wants to be casterated?

Yerss i though you didn't have a life

Thane Zereil
Well I kind of enjoy mine there is both many challenges and elements of joy around

phinney6
who wants sausage

Thane Zereil
are you sure you mean that? to be casterated is to be produced by a certain machine, if you mean castrated the removal of my testicles, no I wouldnt want that but I cant see how that is plausible through an electric forum

Thane Zereil
nah I'm excercising at the mo and sticking to a fixed diet

yerssot
I suck at life and blew it, that's why I'm here

phinney6
why did you blow it, what went wrong

Thane Zereil
given your age thats not likely, there is pleanty ahead of you, it may look dismal at the moment but take solace in the fact that yuo gave friends in those who listen and talk to you and as such can and will forge a new and beter destiny eventually

yerssot
well, it started with the origin of human if you want to take it back THAT far

Dexx
letz advance to 1985

yerssot
It was a cold year... it was a sad year...
The weather knew that bad times would come, the rain had prodicted it already in the early morning.
But still, there was a bit of hope left with some people

want to know the rest?

Thane Zereil
I presume you dont mean the book by Darwin. geez and I thought when I git depressed I looked down, dude try getting hit by a car stabbed a few times mugged and have someone hit you kick you and nick your money before yu really worry and even then get up and do something about it

phinney6
yeah, but how old are you yerrs

Dexx
2002 - 1985...right?

Thane Zereil
ah we should probably let the kid go through his teenage angst and puberty,

yerssot
mentally or physically?

Thane Zereil
however you like it kid

yerssot
well done, why?

phinney6
So yers, why are you a failure, your still in school and probably have no job, your life hasn't even began yet

Dexx
so u could reach a higher level of existance in wich that title underneeth your nick, what's it sayin....somethin' with a wacko, should loose some of it's....greeness big grin

yerssot
no life, no job, no nothing

Dexx
but that's good, right?

yerssot
sort of

Thane Zereil
Well I've been through loadsa crap we all do this does not mean the end of existence for you. I know convincing you will be near impossible as I know what it sometimes feel like but look at it this was. If what you say is true and life sucked and you blew it, then why would we give a flying monkey about you..Be happy you have mates who listen at least its temporary resolution

phinney6
yerssot, your still in school your supposed to get a job AFTER school, dont be so hard on yourself, anyway you got us

Thane Zereil
Anyway I'm gonna go now but keep the questions coming in everyones welcome at my place and I'll be back tommorow with answers etc

yerssot
yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...

Dexx
Yeah, u got us....u can be sad now

phinney6
ohh so your afraid of whats going to happen after school, well use the force and something will happen

yerssot
that or not finishing school

Dexx
yes, i have been practicing on the force grip. I can really choke myself to death.

yerssot
test it on me if you want to be sure

Dexx
didn't quite practice it on anybody else till now...but ok, i'll give it a try

phinney6
this outta be good

Dexx
*roaring noises* aaaaarrrrggghhhhhh.....choke......!!!
*gasps*
I can't do it man....i don't get it...it worked fine on me

phinney6
hmm yerssot you can't call yourself a failure until you try

Dexx
try what?

yerssot
you only fail if you stop trying, yes

phinney6
try...life after school

yerssot
if ever...

Raz
Question: Assuming time travel existed and I travelled back before my parents were born and killed my grandmother - what effects would that produce?

Would I cease to exist? If I cease to exist, does my grandmother die? If she doesn't die and I killed her, would I cease to exist?

phinney6
yup you aren't hear and grammie dies

Raz
But if I don't exist, how does granny die?

yerssot
only one way to find out

phinney6
time changes after it is done, not during so if you kill grammie it goes into effect after, and then you won't exist and neither will she

Raz
If only the future is changed, then why would I cease to exist?
That would be because I changed the past.

If my grandma died, then I wouldn't be born. So I would never have been able to go back in time to kill her. If I didn't go back in time to kill her, then she would be alive. If she is alive then I would be alive. If I am alive then I would be able to go back in time to kill her. But if I killed her, then I wouldn't exist...and so on.

yerssot
I don't think you needed to give the answer there, kinda ruins Zereils idea

Raz
That wasn't the answer if you understood the question.

It want an answer to this paradox.

yerssot
I just wanted to help!
*starts to cry and runs to his room*

phinney6
well if you killed your grandma than she wouldn't be there. It comes into effect right after, so she wouldn't be there. and if she was their then you would be too

Ushgarak
Time. NIGHTMARE subject.

Zereil, how many women do you need to bed this summer to reach your target?

phinney6

LaurenE147
I wonder if Sonnenfeld knew something we don't about the MIB thing. Maybe the best way to hide something is to make fun of the possibility of it. Hmmmmmm.

Dexx
No, u would just kill youself in another universe and so doing, that guys energy would be divided into the remaining Razs in different universes, just like Gabriel Yulaw did. laughing Damn it! I watch too much movies.

queeq
What's brown and sounds like a bell?

yerssot
a ringing brown thing!

Dexx
a brown telephone?...oh no, i got it. My head with a small metal ball in it.

Gundark
I want to know how many women Zereil has actually slept with.

finti
he he

mechmoggy
I read somewhere that the thinking on time travel is such: -

If it is ever made possible, the visitor would only be able to watch and not interact with said past. Sort of like watching a TV programme.

Also we could travel to the future by travelling away from Earth at even a fraction of the SOL. The man in the ship would age significantly slower than those on earth and on his return several hundred years would have past. Not really travelling into the future that one though cus its only a matter of time perspectives. Plus you can't get back.

I'll tell you something what always annoyed me, when Superman turned back time by reversing the earths rotation. What fecking nonsense.

finti
and the rest of the Superman stuff aint ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Tee hee, fair point.

That reminds me, when my old man watched "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" he said, "....its a little bit far fetched....", to which my brother replied, "and Star Wars isn't!?!". My bro's not a big SW fan so we just ignored him.

finti
You should have kicked his ass, SW is real.......right???

queeq
No, you don't.

Gundark
But then I'll force him to name them all.

SW is real, Mech. Trust me. Ah, so what if Superman spun the globe backwards to save Lois ? He looked damn good doing it.

Thane Zereil
The answers are 7,93/243 and a long story...I swear its not entirely my fault as I said long explanitory story

finti
which is????

Ushgarak
He needs seven girls is the first bit.

Thane Zereil
well I dont need or want, I want a loving woman who I can stick with and with a high labido, however other than that there is a bet as to when something is going to happen, and for that to happen I need 7

Gundark
Well I'd at least like to kiss Zereil so I can say I've had the experience. Damn Atlantic.

yerssot
try drinking it

LaurenE147
Read Timeline by Michael Crichton. It completely destroyes the theory of rips in the fabric of time.

yerssot
and it's based on something rediculous

Ushgarak
Michael Crichton can speak with no more authority on time than any other person! It is an area about which virtually nothing is known.

finti
It is a cool book though

yerssot
although his idea would be funny, in 2000 years there wouldn't be any place left for the planets to appear wink

Corran
dung

LaurenE147
I loooove Michael Crichton. I read everything of his.

mah
the JP book was way better than the film

Ushgarak
Well, they made certain creative decisions when making the film which did a lot to make it a blockbuster but did little for the intellectual side of things.

mah
yea, still a good film of course.

yerssot
*wisely shuts up*

Gundark
Sometimes these threads split in more directions that the characters in a SW movie.

finti
Some of Crichton is cool, the Jurasic shit sucks thoug so did Airframe

LaurenE147
I feel smart when I read Michael Crichton. His theories are fascinating. He must've done tons of research.

yerssot
oh yeah! I know what you mean! My hairends split too!
Such a pain!

Thane Zereil
To kiss Gundark, now that would be amazing, I figure this as I've seen what she looks like, I think the general term is 'woohoo' as to the books I think my favorite was Sphere, and quite enjoyed the movie even though it got ripped by the critics...

LaurenE147
My favorite was Timeline. I didn't like Sphere as much as the others.

Congo was good. I loved the parts with Amy the talking gorilla.

Thane Zereil
Well thats fair enough, everyone has different taste in books

phinney6
I dont read that type of books, I read WW2 books

mah
you shouldn't be so focused on war

Ushgarak
Ah, he's only young!

mah
thats when you learn morals and right and wrong.

yerssot
yeah, I know when I was young... ate lots of chocolate

LaurenE147
I read all types of books. Classics, history, historical fiction, romance, mystery, scince fiction, biographies, fantasy. I read them all.

yerssot
and still not that wise about books wink

Ushgarak
Ever read any Neil Gaiman, Lauren?

queeq
Neil?

Gundark
I read a lot of books about the british royal family. Fascinating.

mechmoggy
I was a big Stephen King fan as a lad, still am as a matter of fact. I've read "The Dark Half" about 5 times and "Desperation" a couple too, they're my favourite SK books. cool

queeq
I have sooooooooooo little time to read and so many books to finish. I did manage to read most of Umberto Eco's books. But I still have Dune: House Corrino to finish. And a shitload of books about ancient history....*sigh*

Gundark
I still haven't read AOTC.

queeq
Oh I did that. Sometimes I just manage to squeeze a book in and finsih it in two or three days.

Gundark
A lot of times once I start I can't put it down. Then I look at the clock and go, well just a half hour more. Then its freakin midnight.

queeq
You I love the way you look at midnight. wink

Gundark
Awwww......thanks baby.

But isn't that about the time you talk me into making you a snack ?

queeq
I wouldn't call it talking though. Let's just say I make it worth your while.

Gundark
Do you want lettuce & tomato, Gomez ?

queeq
Tish, bring everything from the fridge. Even the lizards I put there two weeks ago.

phinney6
ill get them for you queeq

queeq
Errr.... phins... this is a private moment between me and Gundy...

phinney6
yeah but i thought i could get you your "items"

queeq
Gundy getting the items is part of the ritual.

Gundark
So are the knives and the bloodletting... evil face

finti
axe? evil face evil face evil face

queeq
THat's the OTHER ritual.

finti
doesnt matter evil face evil face

queeq
It does actually.

Gundark
Yes. The gulliotine goes out for cleaning on Thursdays.

Thane Zereil
hmmm heres a pic of me

yerssot
hey zereil, was it me or did I ever saw a pic of you holding Ush's sabre and with FX to make it a purple sabre?

Thane Zereil
actually it was purple but my saber when I had one

yerssot
can you sent it to me please?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>