the ilogic maddens me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Paper Weight
ok pplz. NONE of you have it right because there are NO recordings of the sith language. i have looked. if you can proove me wrong then please do. by all means. i would also like a translator for Mandalorian, kathar, Huttese, and Iridonan/Zabrak.

but my GUESS id that Darth simply means lord. it is pretty logical considering that NOWHERE does ANYONE EVAR say ,"lord darth*****."
they always say either lord, or darth. not both.

Captain REX
There's some Mandalorian and Huttese flying around, but you're not going to find any of that other stuff.

This doesn't belong here, as it is...should be in the EU section.

PVS

((The_Anomaly))
Wow....what an awesome thread!

Can someone tell me what its about? And then explain what the point of it is....cause that'd be great.

Anyone?...huh?

Oh wait...no one cares.

Tangible God
Originally posted by D-Paper Weight
ok pplz. NONE of you have it right because there are NO recordings of the sith language. i have looked. if you can proove me wrong then please do. by all means. i would also like a translator for Mandalorian, kathar, Huttese, and Iridonan/Zabrak.

but my GUESS id that Darth simply means lord. it is pretty logical considering that NOWHERE does ANYONE EVAR say ,"lord darth*****."
they always say either lord, or darth. not both. Oh just die already.

JediJim
I always thought DARTH was an abbreviation of the title DARk lord of the siTH. But Really...who cares! blink

PVS
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Oh wait...no one cares.

luke: "....i care" blink

SpyCspider
Originally posted by PVS
luke: "....i care" blink

nice stick out tongue

KingDubya
Originally posted by D-Paper Weight
they always say either lord, or darth. not both.
The only Sith ever referred to as "Lord ___" (at least that I know of) was Vader, and that's because that was his official title, whereas Darth was a title given to him because he was a follower of the Sith beliefs.

And there has been much speculation as to the origin of "Darth". As JediJim pointed out, some people have said it is and abbreviation of Dark Lord of the Sith, but it also could've come from a mixture of dark and death, or just a variation of the word dark. Proof that leans towards the "dark" speculations is that packaging for Darth Vader action figures sold in Dutch countries labels him as Dark Father (Vader is the Dutch word for Father); he is also called Dark Vador by French people.

Ushgarak
That's not actually true about the Dutch counteies- queeq used to refute that idea.

KingDubya
Really? Oh well.

overlord
I will explain, both Vader and Darth used to have nothing to do with being a father or being sith. It used to be nothing more than a cool title and name. The guy who has this title and name dies with Tarkin (or someone representing him with another name) when the wookies blow up the death star.

This is from the first rough draft of ANH and really, all the coincidences are nothing more than that. Please don't draw conclusions too fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.