The Inherent Hypocrisy of Racism, Discrimination, Affirmative Action, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soth
Liner note: I'm going to use some offensive language in this post, but not for the purpose of offending. If anyone here is black (not that I can tell), don't get mad, please. And I'm not a racist

I always find it interesting that 'oppressed groups' think they have the right to cry 'foul' whenever they feel 'oppressed,' but whenever the 'majority' is treated the same way, no one lifts a finger. Example: White cop arrests black youth, calls him a '******.' Outrage from the black community. Resulting action. Black cop arrests a white youth, calls him a cracker, honky, etc. Outrage from the white community, but the black community criticizes the white community, calling them 'racist against black law enforcement.'

More examples:
-United Negro College Fund: If there was a United Caucasian College Fund, it'd be called racist
-Black History Month? Great! White History Month? racist
-Black Pride Day? A.O.K. White Pride Day? part of the KKK
-NAACP? Revolutionary. NAAWP? Racist.

Now I know people will claim that these things are helpful to blacks who desperately need it, but I say nay. The black people who are talented enough to get far don't need special programs to help them along. And the blacks who aren't generally become rappers or equally 'black trash'

Another thing: when white people gather together, they rarely just sit around saying "goddamn blacks!!" But when black people come together, there is usually a reference to 'whitey gettin' you down' at least once.

I think that the culture we have created over the past 150 years is that we should be sorry for enslaving the black people way back when, and as such we should challenge their view because it's our fault they're so poor/uneducated/etc. Bullsh!t. They've had plenty of decades to reverse their 'situation,' they just don't because they expect to live off our guilt.

Well, that's enough of me ranting. I have more to add, but it can wait

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Soth
Liner note: I'm going to use some offensive language in this post, but not for the purpose of offending. If anyone here is black (not that I can tell), don't get mad, please. And I'm not a racist

I always find it interesting that 'oppressed groups' think they have the right to cry 'foul' whenever they feel 'oppressed,' but whenever the 'majority' is treated the same way, no one lifts a finger. Example: White cop arrests black youth, calls him a '******.' Outrage from the black community. Resulting action. Black cop arrests a white youth, calls him a cracker, honky, etc. Outrage from the white community, but the black community criticizes the white community, calling them 'racist against black law enforcement.'

More examples:
-United Negro College Fund: If there was a United Caucasian College Fund, it'd be called racist

Now I know people will claim that these things are helpful to blacks who desperately need it, but I say nay. The black people who are talented enough to get far don't need special programs to help them along. And the blacks who aren't generally become rappers or equally 'black trash'

Another thing: when white people gather together, they rarely just sit around saying "goddamn blacks!!" But when black people come together, there is usually a reference to 'whitey gettin' you down' at least once.

I think that the culture we have created over the past 150 years is that we should be sorry for enslaving the black people way back when, and as such we should challenge their view because it's our fault they're so poor/uneducated/etc. Bullsh!t. They've had plenty of decades to reverse their 'situation,' they just don't because they expect to live off our guilt.

When you said oppressed groups, you mean't blacks right?
You are aware that you named only blacks, and no other groups?

$noopbert
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
When you said oppressed groups, you mean't blacks right?
You are aware that you named only blacks, and no other groups? Oh no! Is he a racist!?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by $noopbert
Oh no! Is he a racist!?

No, I was just pointing out a mistake. He said he wasn't a racist, so, I'll take his word.

Soth
Yes, I focused on blacks in that post, but I noticed that I was kind of rambling, so I stopped, or else I would have gone on. I do include gays, Asians, Mexicans, Native Americans and women in this category. And I don't mean the people in general. I'm talking about the lazy people who intend to coast to success, wealth, whatever on their minority status. There are enough people in each group who are guilty of this crime against equality. I focused on blacks because they do it the most often and the most vocally.

My main point is that when minority groups advance themselves based on their skin color, gender, ethnicity, or religion instead of their character, qualifications and intelligence, it becomes a goal opposite to the 'equality' they claim to emulate

Emperor Ashtar
Yes, I focused on blacks in that post, but I noticed that I was kind of rambling, so I stopped, or else I would have gone on. I do include gays, Asians, Mexicans, Native Americans and women in this category. And I don't mean the people in general. I'm talking about the lazy people who intend to coast to success, wealth, whatever on their minority status. There are enough people in each group who are guilty of this crime against equality. I focused on blacks because they do it the most often and the most vocally.

My main point is that when minority groups advance themselves based on their skin color, gender, ethnicity, or religion instead of their character, qualifications and intelligence, it becomes a goal opposite to the 'equality' they claim to emulate

This is what happens when a community is over-represented, like the black community is. how people belive one person can represent an entire group of people is ridiculous, not to mention reckless.

I think the problem lies withwith the governments actions towards minority's when it comes to dealing with racism, instead of dealing with the issue;address it properly, they give pacifiers like: affrimative action and such.

$noopbert
Women are a minority?

BackFire
Many of these orginizations unknowingly promote segregation and seperation, which is the opposite of what we should be aiming at.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by BackFire
Many of these orginizations unknowingly promote segregation and seperation, which is the opposite of what we should be aiming at.

It's too bad that you mean for your operative words to be 'seperation' and 'segregation'. However, in my opinion, the most operative word is 'promote'. If you promote one group over, or in spite of, another then you inflame the previous group. That is why I've never supported "gay rights". To promote yourself to the extent that you no longer consider yourself a member of those groups is counter-productive.

BackFire
Indeed it is.

Emperor Ashtar
Another reason I think; Racism from blacks towards whites or racism from blacks is generally not frowned open as opposed to racism of whites towards groups. Caucasians have become a victim of circumstances. when people think hate groups, they think:KKK, Neo-Nazi's, etc. they never name any black supremacist groups, because it's politically incorrect. A sad fact, but I've heard hundreds of deragotory terms against whites from blacks in: TV shows, movies, Stand-up. yet it's perfectly okay for people to laugh at, etc. it's also perfectly okay for black supremacist groups to: demonstrate or come out in the public.
If a group of blacks were to spray paint the word "KRACKER" in a local business, I doubt it would get the news, vice versa, forget it.

Darth Jello
not to rain on your parade, but there is an NAAWP, it was started by david duke, and it is a very racist organization.

also, most people consider the nation of islam to be a hate group

Black Rob

More examples:

Well, that's enough of me ranting. I have more to add, but it can wait I partially agree with you but i must say a few decades cant erase the ramifications of years of oppression.Organizations like the NAACP are still need but i will concede that Affirmative Action is an unfair practice. All in all blacks still need help in America but we dont need to be treated like the "minorities" we are portrayed as.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Black Rob
I partially agree with you but i must say a few decades cant erase the ramifications of years of oppression.Organizations like the NAACP are still need but i will concede that Affirmative Action is an unfair practice. All in all blacks still need help in America but we dont need to be treated like the "minorities" we are portrayed as.

I disagree, I don't think we need gruops like that anymore.

Black Rob
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I disagree, I don't think we need gruops like that anymore. I think that blacks are still in a lower status overall to whites and need certain groups to help bolster the community. I dont think it should be through bashing of other races though they should focus on internal building.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Black Rob
I think that blacks are still in a lower status overall to whites and need certain groups to help bolster the community. I dont think it should be through bashing of other races though they should focus on internal building.

Their isn't a group that can increase your social status, that's up to the individual; Majority of blacks are middle class.

John!attheDisco

More examples:

Couldn't of said it better myself...

Alliance
Another "white man's gotta stick up his arse" thread. Whine, whine, whine.

Victor Von Doom

Any chance of academic sources?

Or was that just bullshit.

Originally posted by John!attheDisco
Couldn't of said it better myself...

Given the grammatical error in that simple sentence, I'd have to concur.

Soth
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Any chance of academic sources?

Or was that just bullshit.Why would there be an academic source for what subjects comes up in casual conversation, and then cross-referenced by race? That'd be waste of time.

Alpha Centauri
Why would there be an academic source for what subjects comes up in casual conversation, and then cross-referenced by race? That'd be waste of time.

Because it's pathetic that you believe "blacks" bring up the subject "Whitey gettin' you down" in conversations.

-AC

xmarksthespot
Now, now. Some stereotypes hold true. All Asians secretly know martial arts. Tiptoeing across treetops is like breathing air to me...

Soth
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Because it's pathetic that you believe "blacks" bring up the subject "Whitey gettin' you down" in conversations.

-AC It's not like I believe that blacks get together for the sole purpose of talking about white people. I'm saying that there is often just a throwaway reference to 'honkys' and the like.

FistOfThe North
I'm not a racist

More examples:

^ What a crock of "fresh out the ass" sh*t.

Thing is with white cops, I can't count how many times I've personally heard a cop or reports -news and otherwise- of a cop saying the "N" word to a black person, yet I've never heard a black cop say "cracker" or ever heard reports on the news of a black cop using a racist word against a white offender. I'm sure it happens but it's practically unheard of.

And there's the U.N.C.F. So? Back then, in it's inception, where else could blacks be funded? Through banks. Under the oppressors, only 45-50 years ago, a high percentage of bankers (which were mostly white) usually turned down college loans to blacks during the Civil Rights era. Whites caused the creating of this so-called racist fund, if you ask me.

Black History Month is racist? lol? You're an idiot to think Black History Month is anti-white. The month commemorates the successful achievement of blacks throughout African American history. Nothing wrong with that.

And i've never heard of a Black Pride Day... And I don't think whites should have their version of the N.A.A.C.P. because they don't need it. Look at the stats. They're already advanced thanks to black slavery. The National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian People, lol. Gimme a fcukin break, man.

And what are you talking about? Talented, intelligent, and educated blacks still suffer and struggle, in this country, till this day with racism and discrimination on a daily basis. So programs are needed. There aren't enough programs.

When blacks get together they talk about whites but when whites get together they don't talk about blacks. Lmao..You're hopeless

and need this wise saying in your thoughtless life. Think about it first before writing your senseless and pathetic rants. It goes:

"There is knowledge, but the thing worse than ignorance, is the illusion of knowledge."

Alpha Centauri
It's not like I believe that blacks get together for the sole purpose of talking about white people. I'm saying that there is often just a throwaway reference to 'honkys' and the like.

On what specific information do you base this idiotic claim?

What proof do you have? Conversely, what info do you have that proves "whites" never talk about "blacks"? Because that's stupid.

-AC

Bardock42

What proof do you have? Conversely, what info do you have that proves "whites" never talk about "blacks"? Because that's stupid.

-AC

Yeah, just today I cracked at least two ****** jokes...

Victor Von Doom
Why would there be an academic source for what subjects comes up in casual conversation, and then cross-referenced by race? That'd be waste of time.

So BS then.

BackFire

-AC

Yeah, my friends and I talk about black people all the time.

Me too! We should totally hang out.

Bardock42
Me too! We should totally hang out.

I don't know, do you make chauvinist remarks about women?

BackFire
All the time! It's like a second language to me.

Bardock42
All the time! It's like a second language to me.

**** yeah, lets spent time together.

BackFire
Awesome. Not in a gay way though, yeah?

Bardock42
Awesome. Not in a gay way though, yeah?

Of course not, gay people do not make jokes about black people....or women...or black women....

BackFire
I know. Sad, isn't it? They don't know what they're missing.

Bardock42
I know. Sad, isn't it? They don't know what they're missing.

Yeah, I mean I don't mind gay people...but they're kinda weird on the minority jokes.

FistOfThe North
Gay racists? lol.

I've seen it all now.

Soth
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Thing is with white cops, I can't count how many times I've personally heard a cop or reports -news and otherwise- of a cop saying the "N" word to a black person, yet I've never heard a black cop say "cracker" or ever heard reports on the news of a black cop using a racist word against a white offender. I'm sure it happens but it's practically unheard of.Which was kinda my point. No one hears about it because we're guilted into feeling racist if we speak up.

I never said that Black History Month was racist. You can read it again if you want. I said that if people tried to have a White History Month, it would be called racist.

Again, I use example these not as an actual idea, like "Hey there should be a NAACP!" I'm merely stating that if these institution were in place, they would be called racist by the blacks who have gotten fat off our guilt.

We don't need more programs, we need the existing programs to do more than they do, because it is my belief that they aren't working to full capacity. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with these programs, the ideas behind them are great, and noble, and if run properly, they would indeed work towards equality. But the people who run them are more interesting in propulgating 'reverse racism'

I never meant to say that blacks talked 'about' whites as an actual subject, there is usually a throwaway reference. Watch a movie like Barbershop, sometime. Or any movie by Spike Lee. Art imitates life.

My thoughtless life. Pfah. As this thread proves, I have many thoughts, you just don't agree with them. And instead of making this about an actual intelligent debate, you spend your time attacking my motives and my intelligence. It's people like you who are ruining America, resorting to namecalling instead of actually discussing a topic, attacking one's viewpoints while rarely providing backup for your attacks. And you're 14, for Christ's sake. Live life a little longer before you rant and rave yourself

As for your little saying, I don't claim to have an extensive knowledge about this subject, I just formulated an opinion off of what I do know. I believe that's the human condition, is it not?

xmarksthespot
Or any movie by Spike Lee. Art imitates life.I'll be on the lookout for Mothra next time I'm in Tokyo...

Soth
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'll be on the lookout for Mothra next time I'm in Tokyo... Be sure that you do. And earthquakes are not what they seem in Tokyo. I hear Godzilla hates that Mothra son of a b!tch.

Lord Urizen
Soth the Largest Myth is that laziness is the reason for Minorities primarily occuying the lower class...

When the Government decides to stop sending such low funds to schools in predominantly black and hispanic areas, so much to the point where students need to fkn share seats and text books....

While highly funding schools in predominantly white areas, then I will agree with your claim that Minorites as a whole are lazy, and therefore are to blame for thier own oppression...

However, when your parents make low income due to poor job availability, you go to a school where there is very little money for books, security, computers, or even education, where you are in a neighborhood where misery is so intense that violence and gangs damage, not only your self esteem, but all your chances to future success, when even the media stereotypes you and limits the way you look as a positive.....you'd find it hard to develop your own sense of self and get far in life.

Unfortunately, the majority of neighborhoods like these, that are low funded and flooded with negative influence...happen to be areas where Blacks and Hispanics usually reside....now why do you thnk that is? You think Racism from the Government or Politicians in power have nothing to do with it?

I agree with you on the fact that no one should get special treatment....if Blacks and Hispanics can have pride holidays or parades, then so should whites....OH WAIT....I almost forgot.....Italians and the Irish get thier own parades and holidays as well....well, would you look at that ??????

But seriously...I beleive that equality should be true....favoritism, where it is for minorities OR whites is only harmful......

All I suggest is that next time you go making claims like this, do your research. It seems to me you only base your assumptions from television, freinds, and word of mouth.

Visit the Bronx...visit any trash downed ghetto...and then tell me that the success rate at places like those are just as good as the success rate for neighborhoods where Whites usually live.

Lord Urizen
Gay racists? lol.

I've seen it all now.

Dude, OFCOURSE there are Gay Racists....

Gay people, in general, happen to be very superficial...I go to gay clubs a lot, and the amount of racism and superficiality that is present is ABSURD !

Soth
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
All I suggest is that next time you go making claims like this, do your research. It seems to me you only base your assumptions from television, freinds, and word of mouth.

Visit the Bronx...visit any trash downed ghetto...and then tell me that the success rate at places like those are just as good as the success rate for neighborhoods where Whites usually live. First of all, I applaud your professionalism. Intelligent debate is a rare thing, especially online, where people seem to think they can say anything they want (FistoftheNorth).

Second, I would just like to say that I didn't take any information from friends, word of mouth, or television, the post was based entirely off of my opinion. In fact, I'd say that most of my friends and people on television would disagree with me.

Third, I never said that success rates were the same between ethnic minorities and whites, and while I agree that more often than not they get the short end of the stick, you yourself said that they are to blame for their oppression.

Dr. Zaius
Dude, OFCOURSE there are Gay Racists....

Gay people, in general, happen to be very superficial...I go to gay clubs a lot, and the amount of racism and superficiality that is present is ABSURD !

Uh oh...do I smell a sh.t storm brewing?

FistOfThe North
Nah. I don't care if he goes to gay clubs. Not my problem.

But this question goes to the sensitive Soth who gets too emotional when struck by a passionate speaker.

Soth, you keep saying "I didn't say this or I didn't say that", then what are you saying? What is your point in this topic? What message are you trying to convey?

What are you trying to prove? You keep talking about white guilt and blacks complaining....ok and?

Lord Urizen
First of all, I applaud your professionalism. Intelligent debate is a rare thing, especially online, where people seem to think they can say anything they want (FistoftheNorth).

Thanks. Actually, it's pretty rare when my own arguments only display rationality and objectivity. Much of the time, a lot of my emotion goes into arguments, and then I end up no where.

The people who tend to say whatever they want are the same who tend to insult someone for having a different opinion, and yes, it lacks much professionalism. I find that Conservatives, Liberals, and other types of debators alike have thier share in this fault.

Second, I would just like to say that I didn't take any information from friends, word of mouth, or television, the post was based entirely off of my opinion. In fact, I'd say that most of my friends and people on television would disagree with me.

Fair Enough. But in your opinion, you made many claims that one would mistaken as factual. I think next time your argument would hold more weight if you use specific or general evidence (stats, examples from news, whatever) to back up your point.

Any claim you or I make that is very general/stereotypical and cannot be backed up my specific and wide range examples will be always be subject to attack and criticism.

Third, I never said that success rates were the same between ethnic minorities and whites, and while I agree that more often than not they get the short end of the stick, you yourself said that they are to blame for their oppression.

No...just the opposite. The Lower class is not to blame for thier own oppression. Only people in power can oppress another class.

How did you intepret that I said Minorites are to blame for their own oppression? Go back and READ what I said slowly...

Lord Urizen
...... you yourself said that they are to blame for their oppression.

Soth, this is actually what I said....

When the Government decides to stop sending such low funds to schools in predominantly black and hispanic areas, so much to the point where students need to fkn share seats and text books....
While highly funding schools in predominantly white areas, then I will agree with your claim that Minorites as a whole are lazy, and therefore are to blame for thier own oppression...

Next time read slower. I did not blame minorities for thier own oppression, I have always argued the opposite.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Uh oh...do I smell a sh.t storm brewing?

Just making an Observation.

Every group contains some sort of Bigotry, Gays, Straights, Black, White, Man or Woman.

It just so happens that bigotry does nothing good for minorities. For Blacks and Hispanics or Asians to be racist in United States is pointless because they reap no benefits from it.

For a woman to be a bigot is also absurd, because she reaps no benefits from it as well.

As it it also hypocritical for a Gay person to be a racial bigot, since it does nothing for them.

In United States, the only group that benefits from racism and sexism, collectively, are Straight White Males. Is it okay for them to be racist and sexist ? No, it's always wrong, but they benefit from these systems of hatred. No one else does...

That is what I am trying to say....Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Indians, Arabs, Gays, and Women need to wake up...bigotry and prejudice only promotes more problems, and in no way will give them the same power that the Rich White Straight Protestant Male can achieve from the same social system.

FistOfThe North
Can you tell me how white straight men benefit from racism and sexism?

botankus
I think he offered his opinion on the matter in his post.

Soth

Next time read slower. I did not blame minorities for thier own oppression, I have always argued the opposite. My fault, I do tend to read fast.

Soth
the sensitive Soth who gets too emotional when struck by a passionate speaker.Emotional? I wouldn't say I get emotional, one of my biggest pet peeves is people putting words in my mouth. (and I understand that I just did that with Urizen yesterday, I never said I was perfect).

And there's a difference between being a passionate speaker and attacking your opponent's intelligence in a debate, if I may quote you: What a crock of "fresh out the ass" sh*t...lol, You're an idiot to think...You're hopeless...your thoughtless life...Think about it first before writing your senseless and pathetic rants. Completely and utterly unnecessary and rude.

My point in this topic is to explain my opinion that Affirmative Action as a philosophy has gone too far. Instead of promoting equality between all races like it should, Affirmative Action
is more interested in promoting 'reverse racism.'

redcaped
C'mon ignore the races

Lord Urizen
Can you tell me how white straight men benefit from racism and sexism?

Gladly. It's called "White Advantage" which has existed for quite some time, and has slowly become weaker since the 1970's.

Notice several observations many a people will claim, even fellow Whites:

- on average, employers prefer to hire white straight males rather than white females, gay white males, black or hispanic males, etc. Ask around....see what answers you find.

- The W.A.S.P. Elite happen to own the majority of United States wealth. Enough said.

- Although sex appeal is a term more linked with women, when it comes to men in our media, notice that the majority of male hollywood sex symbols in United States happen to be white (then Hispanic, and last Black)

- higher funding from the Government is sent to schools where the area is predominantly populated by Whites (preferabl Anglo Saxon whites)

- You ever notice how most Conservatives happen to BE White in ratio to Liberals who happen to be both White and other minorities ? Ask yourself why...

- In terms of corporation, promotion levels, medicine, authority positions, politics, etc. White straight males are taken more seriously than Gay white males, Black Males, White Women, Hispanic Males or Females, etc.

- Homosexuality and Bisexuality, especially in Men, is viewed as being a "sissy trait". Being heterosexual is socially associated with strength and responsibility. Just look at the unfair portrayal of Gays and Bisexuals in the media...i am Bisexual, and i tell you....im probably the most masculine acting person you'll meet.

- From extreme religious perspectices (which exist high in number) Gays and Lesbians are seen as automatically immoral, while Straights are given the view of a "clean slate".

- On Average, WOMEN ARE PAID LESS THAN MEN..for the SAME positions eek!

- "White Trash" is a term used to insult poor white men, not white men in general. A "Hick" is a term used to insult an isolated and uneducated white man or woman.

These terms exist to insult Whites that do not live up to "white expectations". There is no insult to insult a "poor black" or "poor hispanic" because being Black or Hispanic is automatically associated with poverty already, regardless of whether or not class is true. Terms like "n*gger" and "sp*c" are used to insult the ENTIRETY of Blacks and Hispanics, not just the poor ones.

Need more examples ?

FistOfThe North
Gladly. It's called "White Advantage" which has existed for quite some time, and has slowly become weaker since the 1970's.

Notice several observations many a people will claim, even fellow Whites:

- on average, employers prefer to hire white straight males rather than white females, gay white males, black or hispanic males, etc. Ask around....see what answers you find.

- The W.A.S.P. Elite happen to own the majority of United States wealth. Enough said.

- Although sex appeal is a term more linked with women, when it comes to men in our media, notice that the majority of male hollywood sex symbols in United States happen to be white (then Hispanic, and last Black)

- higher funding from the Government is sent to schools where the area is predominantly populated by Whites (preferabl Anglo Saxon whites)

- You ever notice how most Conservatives happen to BE White in ratio to Liberals who happen to be both White and other minorities ? Ask yourself why...

- In terms of corporation, promotion levels, medicine, authority positions, politics, etc. White straight males are taken more seriously than Gay white males, Black Males, White Women, Hispanic Males or Females, etc.

- Homosexuality and Bisexuality, especially in Men, is viewed as being a "sissy trait". Being heterosexual is socially associated with strength and responsibility. Just look at the unfair portrayal of Gays and Bisexuals in the media...i am Bisexual, and i tell you....I'm probably the most masculine acting person you'll meet.

- From extreme religious perspectices (which exist high in number) Gays and Lesbians are seen as automatically immoral, while Straights are given the view of a "clean slate".

- On Average, WOMEN ARE PAID LESS THAN MEN..for the SAME positions eek!

- "White Trash" is a term used to insult poor white men, not white men in general. A "Hick" is a term used to insult an isolated and uneducated white man or woman.

These terms exist to insult Whites that do not live up to "white expectations". There is no insult to insult a "poor black" or "poor hispanic" because being Black or Hispanic is automatically associated with poverty already, regardless of whether or not class is true. Terms like "n*gger" and "sp*c" are used to insult the ENTIRETY of Blacks and Hispanics, not just the poor ones.

Need more examples ?

Just asking.Even though i'm sure that there are tons on example,but no, I don't need more examples. I am an example. White privilege does exist but I can't let discrimination and racism hold me back. It only affects those who whine about it and do nothing but act pathetically in a corner sobbing about how whites don't like me cause I'm black..

I face discrimination + racism everyday but I still go to class every single day. Oppression will not keep me from getting that Bachelor's degree this Dec. And fcuk a glass ceiling. I'm gonna shatter it.

Sometimes you are your own worst enemy. The fight should start in you by defeating these BS inferiority complexes.

Lord Urizen
Just asking.Even though i'm sure that there are tons on example,but no, I don't need more examples. I am an example. White privilege does exist but I can't let discrimination and racism hold me back. It only affects those who whine about it and do nothing but act pathetically in a corner sobbing about how whites don't like me cause I'm black..

Who are you arguing against ? I encourage you to do what you must.

I face discrimination + racism everyday but I still go to class every single day. Oppression will not keep me from getting that Bachelor's degree this Dec. And fcuk a glass ceiling. I'm gonna shatter it.

Good ! Shatter away ! big grin

Sometimes you are your own worst enemy. The fight should start in you by defeating these BS inferiority complexes.

Who do you think created and promoted those inferiority complexes ?

FistOfThe North
Who are you arguing against ?

Who do you think created and promoted those inferiority complexes ?

I'm not arguing against nothing you said. I just wanted to know how whites benefit from racism when it's the last thing they want to be known for, i'm assuming.

And you wanted to know who created those inferiority complexes. The possessor of the complex.

No one's forcing anyone to have low self-esteem, low expectancy or low confidence. These things happen to people because they allow negativity like that overpower them. People need to start developing a strong will and discipline and accept that there are barriers to being colored while at the same time forging an unstoppable "you" capable of breaking through all overbearing barriers in spite of what people think about you or the race you're from or color or all the other BS the oppressors created. Hate starts from within and it must be dealt with by the creator. You. Hate that come from the outside is a shatterable as watter. It's just as easy to penetrate. Wanna know how to do it? By ignoring it and keep moving. Keep moving upward and onward. That's all. It's hard but possible. You end up winning in the end cause you're matters are more important than someone upset with you because their own personal insecurities are flawed. People fear what they don't understand. And that's to bad for them. Sucks for them actually cause they live in a constant state of ignorance and fear. Imagine living like that 24/7, around people, all the time. You'd be a wreck! And that's why they're upset. That's no way to live. And that's why they act the way the act. People like racists are pissed off about being pissed off and fearful, and it's your fault. lol That's what I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.