Solidus Snake vs Gray Fox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Ok, so Solidus Snake with his two swords and his suit, vs Gray Fox with his suit and his sword only..... Who wins?

Superboy Prime
IMO Solidus would tear Fox a new one.

kamikz
Cool. Wanna tell me how? (I agree with you, but I wanna hear your opinion on how or why...)

SaTsuJiN
if grey fox can cut down solidus' tendrils... then fox takes it.. if not solidus gives him 4 robotic appendages worth of pain

kamikz
Yeah. Well in pure swordsmanship and speed, I'd give it to Fox. (Slightly in swordsmanship but much more in speed). But Solidus has his suit which makes him much stronger than usual, faster and he has two swords instead of one. I think his "Snake arms" will be very useful against Fox, since they can punch, launch missiles and choke it's victim...

Sam Z
Agreed. Solidus is supposed to be equel to Solid and Liquid in skills, plus he has his suit. So he'll take this.

Superboy Prime
Solidus is the third and perfect copy of Big Boss. Many claim in MGS2 that he was the superior Snake--not saying he actually was. In any case I believe Solidus would be able to put Fox down, and it would be an amazing battle. Solidus's suit provides him with enhanced speed and reflexes. It also has those tentacles that will be more than a nuissance to Gray Fox. Then again Fox might be able to slice them apart with the HF blade. Solidus obviously has his share of battles and experience. So does Fox. Fox appears to be the superior swordsman, but I don't count Solidus out of the fight. He wielded 2 katanas, and he most likely taught Raiden everything he knows about blades.

In the end I believe the fight is decided in the variable if Fox is able to destroy Solidus' weaponry before it makes short work of him.

Both chars have impressive feats and experience. It would be a feast for the eyes.

DarthSidiouss
lol actually.. solid snake is the perfect copy of big boss.. he kinda beat liquid .. not owned him but beat him. he also put up amazing fights against Gray fox. now gray fox is amazing. he got the codename fox in his name from his skill.. he was a natural born killer.now lets pretend.. think of him like the hector of ancient troy. now theres Achilles (solid snake) . and his 2 evil twin brothers.. Gray fox was pretty much = with solid. the evil brothers were - solid. which adds up to the food tree

SOLID SNAKE
Gray Fox
Solidus

Gray fox is one of my favorite chars from a video game. and i think very highly of him. he owns, my friends . he really , really does

Sam Z
I believe Solid Snake got all negative genes from Big Boss, so he is not perfect clone.

kamikz
Actually, in "Metal Gear Naked", Kojima described that the technology to transfer dominante and recessive genes did not exist in the 70's, so neither of the brothers is actually made to be better than the others, they are all equal in terms of genes, at least Solid and Liquid, it's just that Snake surpasses him in combat skills....
The whole "Liquid, you got the recessive" was just another plan of the Patriots to see how Liquid would react, and he reacted exactly as planned..... It was just a charade, like the bad luck for Fortune....

Yeah, in other forums I belive many are underestimating Raiden. They say that Solidus lost to him, thus he would not be able to even stand up to the bigger guys. Well there is some things I'd like to comment there....

1. Solidus taught Raiden "Everything he knew", that means he knew as many things as Solidus did. He also comments that Raiden kills like he used to do, meaning that Raiden still remembers it.... Raiden has also got many new skills, from VR and such....
2. Raiden is good, not bad...

Darkstorm Zero
Solidus has a few too many advantages. Overall speed goes to GF, but damn that blazing dash of Solidus's gives the one eyed son of BB a very good retreat and redirect attack, two HF blades, Snakearms that shoot seeker missiles...

Too many ways for Solidus to counter GF's movements and attacks makes Golidus a damn good fighter in the game.

kamikz
If we would give them all their things, Solidus would not be able to see Gray Fox, since he is not normally equipped with thermal goggles. Both have that P-90 customized gun, so that would not give the other a big advantage either....
But since the fight has pretty much come to it's conclusive, I'm CHANGING THE RULES A BIT!!!!!! Gray Fox has his suit, Solidus his, no Snake arms, but two swords, and Gray has his sword... (Note that Solidus has done as he did against Raiden, he gets rid of the SNake arms and gets even more muscles and speed to his suit). He even says to Raiden, "This is where it gets interesting", so he might even be better in that state but....

Well discuss...

(Videos on Solidus and Gray Fox). (Solidus has his arms in this video, he's even faster without them, when he expands his suit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cFNiiqvg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCh4ejrA4E

Infinity
lol well.. solid snake is the best snake of all big grin he is my fave char (or one of them) have u guys seen the mgs 4 trailer ?? i read up on it.. aparently Solid dies... and like raiden is bad-ass big grin woot with that sexy exoskeleton. what i dont understand is who is Abel ?? and how ocelot turned to be so old ?? he must be like at least easily.. like 70years old. has he still got it ? and why is he "totally shaken by the ghost of liqui snake...??" hmm can someone help me out here ? gray wins by the way stick out tongue but in a battle in between solid and solidus solid wins coz solid is quite possibly the greatest soldier ever.. naked snake kill his mentor(ex-greatest soldier on earth) then solid killed his gene-daddy. he killed the greatest soldier.. now he is the greatest.. that is what i think. solidus is full of shtstick out tongue lol

kamikz
Actually, Snake is on the BRINK of suicide, but Kojima has said in an interview that Snake, despite old age and his sickness, is not going to die in MGS 4, although this will be his last mission. Who knows, maybe someone stops him, or he realises that he can not take such a way out, and he has to see it through to the end. Maybe he finds the antidote to FOXDIE (yes, it do exist. Ocelot has it.....) and on.......

Sam Z
...or it wasn't really Snake but his hologram, or it would be something about mind controle, who knows. Everything is possible in world of MGS.

Infinity
hmm...

kamikz
Originally posted by Sam Z
...or it wasn't really Snake but his hologram, or it would be something about mind controle, who knows. Everything is possible in world of MGS.

Another of Raiden's hallucinations of expectations and experience. stick out tongue

Nah just kidding. I think Snake seems to do it by his own will, since Kojima describes Snake in the same position as he is in. He doesn't want to continue the MGS series (since he promised to stop after the 2 one really, and never planned to make MG 2 even...) but the people count on him to do it, the same is for Snake. Snake is said to have "seen more war then any man could handle" and he doesn't have much will left, but he fights for the people and for the future. He fights because, as the Colonel said, he's "our only hope".....

I think that since Kojima fights, even though he doesn't really want to, he is going to complete the 4th and final part of the Solid series. I think this means that Snake will fight to the end, and possibly survive it. Nothing such as suicide I belive.....

But as you said, anything is possible in MGS. wink

Infinity
lol very well said. but i dunno. i think that mgs will continue as raiden being the main char.

kamikz
Thanks dude. Yeah, I think Metal Gear will continue with Raiden. Not MGS though, since this is the last in the "Solid" series, but in new Metal Gear series...

Infinity
yeah for shiznit.

Sam Z
I doubt they'll let Raiden be the only main character. He may be ninja now and all but fans (including me) still prefere Snake, so they won't kill him.

kamikz
Yup, Snake will always be number one. But this is his last mission, even if he doesn't die he will not appear in the other ones, at least not while doing missions....

It would be cool to be Raiden in Metal Gear 5, and have Snake as support in the radio...

Infinity
snake is the best guys whether this seals the deal with the patriots end. ocelot finally dies after 999999999 years... and snake goes home to america. this game is certainly gonna own. i am positive that when Meryl says "We are the new foxhound" she is talking to raiden. the story of this game looks amazing. mgs1 was incredible 10/10.mgs 2 was okay...6/10 mgs 3 was like zOMGGGGG 1725483 ownage.20/10. mgs 4 gonna be like Uber ownage the godliest of games. 100/1 its gonna own. the story looks breathtaking. it is gonna be sick. i think that someone important will die in this game.. if they continue the games Snake will be briefing missions.raiden n meryl will be running the missions and otacon will be offering help via codec. or whatever new means of communication they have.

Infinity
.. also i find it sad when Otacon says snake this wil be are last mission. the onus is ours.. bla bla bla. it really touches u. just as in mgs3 when EVA tells u that The boss was a good soldier. died as a traitor.. carried out her mission to the end. same as when gray fox said that they are tools of the government .. etc.. mgs is gets ur heart. its a very touching game. i actually cried at end of mgs 3stick out tongue dont call me a pssy

Sam Z
Originally posted by kamikz
Yup, Snake will always be number one. But this is his last mission, even if he doesn't die he will not appear in the other ones, at least not while doing missions....

It would be cool to be Raiden in Metal Gear 5, and have Snake as support in the radio...

If you'll have to play as Raiden then gameplay will be pretty much changed. No stealth needed. Super cyberninjacool it would be more like devil may cry.

Sam Z
Originally posted by Infinity
.. also i find it sad when Otacon says snake this wil be are last mission. the onus is ours.. bla bla bla. it really touches u. just as in mgs3 when EVA tells u that The boss was a good soldier. died as a traitor.. carried out her mission to the end. same as when gray fox said that they are tools of the government .. etc.. mgs is gets ur heart. its a very touching game. i actually cried at end of mgs 3stick out tongue dont call me a pssy

Lucky you, I don't know what happened to me lately but i don't feel that thrill as before when I played MGS2 and 2.sad

Infinity
mgs 2 sucks. lol

kamikz
Originally posted by Infinity
snake is the best guys whether this seals the deal with the patriots end. ocelot finally dies after 999999999 years... and snake goes home to america. this game is certainly gonna own. i am positive that when Meryl says "We are the new foxhound" she is talking to raiden. the story of this game looks amazing. mgs1 was incredible 10/10.mgs 2 was okay...6/10 mgs 3 was like zOMGGGGG 1725483 ownage.20/10. mgs 4 gonna be like Uber ownage the godliest of games. 100/1 its gonna own. the story looks breathtaking. it is gonna be sick. i think that someone important will die in this game.. if they continue the games Snake will be briefing missions.raiden n meryl will be running the missions and otacon will be offering help via codec. or whatever new means of communication they have.

Indeed. But I have actually come to love MGS 2, almost (note almost) as much as the first and the third. (The first is my personal favourite). I bought Substance, and have been reading the script and such, and I've done alot of researching on the ending of MGS 2 and the Patriots and all that. There is so much to figure out in that game, more than the others. THat's why I love it....

Just a question.... How do you know she said "We're the new FoxHound" to Raiden? I didn't see him in that shot....

Infinity
i don't know for sure. but i just know that she says we are the new foxhound. it is most likely raiden she is talking to

kamikz
Ok.

Superboy Prime
I doubt Raiden would want to have anything to do regarding FOXHOUND after his situation in Big Shell.

Infinity
hmm.. hence the new foxhound. who else would she be talking to ? otacons little droid ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.