China Massacres 50,000 Dogs in Anti-Rabies Campaign

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/china-massacres-50000-dogs-in-anti/20060801000009990001?_ccc=5&cid=842

What the f**k?

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/02/04/20060802125409990021

Savages. Complete and utter savages.

mad

PVS
china is ruled by stupid and sick sadistic bastards.

proof: their solution is to beat the dogs to death. frikin assholes.

Draco69
Only THREE people died of rabies! What's next? Kill every HIV patient to prevent the spread of AIDS?!

PVS
Originally posted by Draco69
Only THREE people died of rabies! What's next? Kill every HIV patient to prevent the spread of AIDS?!

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
i hope no chinese officials read that messed

Soleran
Shortly after the animal killings, a "chow" wagon rolled up and had delicious hot meals ready!

fini
OMG, if kill the dogs then do it quickly. Beating to death is sooooooo horrible , i dont how they sleep at night with the sound of a yelling dog in their minds.

PVS
in a country where a 5 minute trial ala kangaroo court ends in execution, i doubt they care very much.

botankus
What a great way for a supposed world power to handle a crisis. blink

BackFire
Rabies....psh.

They're just taking their anger out on helpless dogs because of their small penis'.

Blaming dogs for their problems, what shit. Your problem stem from the fact that your shitty country is more crowded than a whore house on discount night.

Soleran
Well they did give the pet owners .63 cents in compensation for the loss!

WrathfulDwarf
Only .63 cents for killing the dog? That's a bit low. I can understand killing the dogs in case of an outbreak. But offering little money is not really fair for the owners. I just know this story will make the Western world offended. We practically love dogs. Countries in which dogs get mistreated will always be label as shitty by the west.

Originally posted by Soleran
Shortly after the animal killings, a "chow" wagon rolled up and had delicious hot meals ready!

laughing out loud

PVS
i label china as 'shitty' because of the way they treat their humans. this situation only solidifies my opinion

Mr Ed
Maybe China can make Aug 2nd an official holiday, kind of like they did on the Simpsons.

Whacking day

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by Mr Ed
Maybe China can make Aug 2nd an official holiday, kind of like they did on the Simpsons.

Whacking day

Better be careful, Mr. Ed. I don't think horses are any more popular than dogs over there.

xmarksthespot
First off, I don't agree with what their doing to the dogs. But the racist comments are oh so hilarious... roll eyes (sarcastic) especially to those of Asian descent. no expression

BackFire
No racist comments have been made, only attacks on those who beat dogs to death to "stop" the spread of rabies.

A shitty solution for a shitty country, it seems.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by BackFire
No racist comments have been made, only attacks on those who beat dogs to death to "stop" the spread of rabies.

A shitty solution for a shitty country, it seems. So the comment you made referring to penis size stereotype wasn't in the least bit racist... blink

Yes China is a f*cked up country. So are a lot of countries.

Meanwhile some of the same people who are incredibly appalled by the killing of dogs, are all for Israel bombing the shit out of Lebanon.

BackFire
No, it wasn't racist. Anyone who beats a dog to death with a stick has a small penis, asian or not.

The fact that it happened to coincide with an already existing stereotype is just a coincidence.

WrathfulDwarf
Nothing racist here...

Unless someone takes offense to a wagon full of dogs meat served in China...whatever.

The Pict
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/china-massacres-50000-dogs-in-anti/20060801000009990001?_ccc=5&cid=842

makes me sick. very, very cruel.

Swirly Girl

What the f**k?

mad

Oh, please. Nobody gave two hoots when it was Britain massacring cows and sheep.

But China has different standards.

moviefreak_173
ANYBODY THAT SAYS KILLING HEALTHY, INNOCENT DOGS IS ALRIGHT NEEDS TO BE BASHED IN THE HEAD WITH A STEEL ROD AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT!!!!!! SICK F***ING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!

Capt_Fantastic
Are you talking about mad cow disease? I thought they were only killing the ones that had the disease and only after they had been tested.

Shakyamunison
If they had to do it, I wish they could have done it in a less painful way.

Swirly Girl
True.

BackFire
They didn't have to do it, that's shit. In this day and age if the only thing a major country can think of as a solution to rabies is "let's beat dogs to death with sticks" then perhaps they should go back to the stone age, where their minds and ideas belong.

Swirly Girl
Eh? Cruel, yes. But nobody compains when cows die or sheep.

BackFire
Because they're eaten! These were just killed out of idiocy.

Shakyamunison
They didn't have to do it, that's shit. In this day and age if the only solution a country can think of is "let's beat dogs to death with sticks" then perhaps they should go back to the stone age, where their minds and ideas belong.

Maybe their thinking is the other way around.
Problem; an out brake of rabies,
solution; beat something to death with a stick.
It seems that maybe that is their #1 solution to any problem. wink

BackFire
Yep, such brave and intelligent ideas like that is why they're one of the worlds super powers.

Shakyamunison
Yep, such brave and intelligent ideas like that is why they're one of the worlds super powers.

That is frightening! eek!

The Pict
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Oh, please. Nobody gave two hoots when it was Britain massacring cows and sheep.

But China has different standards.

in Britain we didn't beat our livestock to death

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by The Pict
in Britain we didn't beat our livestock to death

Indeed. I don't think they should have died, nor should they have been beaten to death.

Soleran

Those crazy risk takers!

jaden101
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Are you talking about mad cow disease? I thought they were only killing the ones that had the disease and only after they had been tested.

well you thought wrong...very few animals were actually infected both in the BSE and foot and mouth incidents but hundreds of thousands of perfectly healthy livestock were slaughtered including pregnant cows which when there carcasses were compressed into the mass funeral pyres by tractors driving over them...there were reports of foetuses literaly being propelled out from their dead mothers....

lovely thought for the day

the method of execution for the cows and sheep during this time was to fire a metal bolt through the brain and into the spinal column and the detach the spine by trying to pull it out through the head

nice

so civilised

Draco69
Originally posted by jaden101
well you thought wrong...very few animals were actually infected both in the BSE and foot and mouth incidents but hundreds of thousands of perfectly healthy livestock were slaughtered including pregnant cows which when there carcasses were compressed into the mass funeral pyres by tractors driving over them...there were reports of foetuses literaly being propelled out from their dead mothers....

lovely thought for the day

the method of execution for the cows and sheep during this time was to fire a metal bolt through the brain and into the spinal column and the detach the spine by trying to pull it out through the head

nice

so civilised

Because the brains were the source of the mad cow disease. That's why the government warned everyone NOT to eat cow brain....

It's not hardly the same as bribing ordinary citizens a lousy $.63 to beat a dog (who may or may not be infected) to death with a metal pipe.

Please. They bribed China's citizens with spare change and gave them the go ahead to let out their frustrations on poor, defenseless dogs on the street.

It's hardly the same....

jaden101
Because the brains were the source of the mad cow disease. That's why the government warned everyone NOT to eat cow brain....

It's not hardly the same as bribing ordinary citizens a lousy $.63 to beat a dog (who may or may not be infected) to death with a metal pipe.

Please. They bribed China's citizens with spare change and gave them the go ahead to let out their frustrations on poor, defenseless dogs on the street.

It's hardly the same....

you're right...its hardly the same...in China its 30,000 stray dogs which are essentially just vermin with no actual redeeming feature

they also have rabies...which is directly transferable to humans which unless caught early is almost always fatal

where as in the uk it was (between BSE and FnM) over a million cattle, sheep and other "at risk" animal

any farm animal within 20 miles of a single infected case were exterminated

the result decimated an entire area of the UK economy which can only start recovering fully as of this year because bans have finally been lifted on British beef

not to mention foot and mouth disease tends to have mild symptoms in humans and the fact the BSE actually has to mutate before it can affect humans and most of its victims have actually caught it through blood transfusions rather than animal contact...and their number total 177 in over 10 years

compare that with the number of cases in 1 year in a 1st world country like the US which was over 7000 in 2001

so you can only imagine what would happen in a rabies outbreak in a 2nd world country like China...with a population of over 1.3 billion people

not to mention that people are only outraged from their own social standpoint

can you imagine how the news of the UK slaugtering a million cows would go down with Hindus

Thorinn
Originally posted by PVS
in a country where a 5 minute trial ala kangaroo court ends in execution, i doubt they care very much. I don't know why I laughed when I read that. ermm

FeceMan
I wish it wasn't AOL news. That kinda takes the punch out of it. I mean...AOL?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
I wish it wasn't AOL news. That kinda takes the punch out of it. I mean...AOL?

Are you comparing AOL to say...I dunno...Wikipedia?

FeceMan
Are you comparing AOL to say...I dunno...Wikipedia?
Wikipedia's awesome. It meets all my T-virus needs. And G-virus, for that matter.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
Wikipedia's awesome. It meets all my T-virus needs. And G-virus, for that matter.

Well, I think the idea is a good one, but realistically when you allow people to join your site and post their opinions as fact there's something wrong.

I know professors that won't allow Wikipedia to be used as a research source for those very reasons.

FeceMan
Well, I think the idea is a good one, but realistically when you allow people to join your site and post their opinions as fact there's something wrong.

I know professors that won't allow Wikipedia to be used as a research source for those very reasons.
My university forbids it, in general...which is kind of stupid, I think, as all the information I've gotten from Wikipedia has been accurate, and they usually have tags on articles that are biased or crappy. They have the excuse that "well, anyone could write anything in there" except that people seem to enjoy being fact-finders for the system. They also do a pretty fine job of keeping people from ruining articles.

Mišt
Rabies....psh.

They're just taking their anger out on helpless dogs because of their small penis'.

Unlike in the West, where dogs have long been cherished as companions or helpmates, dogs have rarely had an easy time in China. Dog meat is eaten throughout the country, revered as a tonic in winter and a restorer of virility in men.

I think you've uncovered the conspiracyhmm

GCG
Lets talk about the Chinese: They kill animals, especially the domesticated ones. Chinese Tigers, Pandas, Golden Tamarins & Takins are endemic endangered species within the country. Throughout the ages they have massacred these animals and had them dwindle in numbers.

Question: If the Chinese dont give a shit about these endangered species, will they give a **** about dogs ? Would that make sense to them ?

Templares
Killing all these dogs aint going to solve anything. Wolves and rabid dogs from adjacent countries could just cross the Chinese border and infect the local dogs with rabies. If China was an island like Taiwan or UK then this (overreactive) preventive measure might actually work . . . .

FeceMan
This article lends credence to the PETA reports about the Chinese skinning their animals alive for their fur...bastards.

Hmmm.

China is a country. China's government is communist. China's people beat animals to death. Therefore, communism causes animal cruelty.

If communism, then animal cruelty.

But, is "if animal cruelty, then communism" true? That is the question...

stick out tongue

Mugen
snatching them up while they're being walked......

just the thought is apalling

botankus
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Better be careful, Mr. Ed. I don't think horses are any more popular than dogs over there.
laughing out loud

Eis

What the f**k?

mad
Hahaha, local news here said it was only 250... But manipulating the media is hardly news here.

smoker4
Feckin bastardos

stunna1773

What the f**k?

mad

Wow!, Beating dogs to death just because of rabies thats stupid. Only a barbaric dumbass would do that with those ideas. Oh 3 people have been killed because of rabies, lets beat the dogs to death because they had rabies, which means kill all the dogs. Some world power that is, maybe they should stop banging each other and actually plan out their solutions with good ideas.

DarkC

What the f**k?

mad
Every last shred of faith in my home country is now gone.

Impediment
I notice nothing like this happened with the "Mad Cow Disease epidemic". Oh, well. I hate dogs, anyway. Still, it IS cruel to beat them to death. At least euthanize them to be humane.

Inspectah Deck
i wonder what they'll do to the cats ermm

O Green World
Originally posted by PVS
china is ruled by stupid and sick sadistic bastards.

proof: their solution is to beat the dogs to death. frikin assholes.

How mean!!! disgust They could atleast calmly put them down or summink, just cause they ain't smart enough to stay away from the dogs!

"come here little stray doggy, if you bite me and give me rabies i don't care! It'd just give me a reason to beat your cousins to death!"

They might aswell have asked for a reason to kill them!

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Templares
Killing all these dogs aint going to solve anything. Wolves and rabid dogs from adjacent countries could just cross the Chinese border and infect the local dogs with rabies. If China was an island like Taiwan or UK then this (overreactive) preventive measure might actually work . . . .

Well, saying it will do nothing is hardly fair- culls are a well recognised method of controlling infection. Horrible as it is, they didn't do it for nothing.

However, I think it should be pointed out that it is not THE Chinese Government that did this. It was a local matter and the local Government concerned is being crucified even within China for it.

The Chiense Press is calling it horiffic. That press is State controlled. If this had been a Central Government matter, the Press wouldn't be saying one word against it.

Eis
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, saying it will do nothing is hardly fair- culls are a well recognised method of controlling infection. Horrible as it is, they didn't do it for nothing.

However, I think it should be pointed out that it is not THE Chinese Government that did this. It was a local matter and the local Government concerned is being crucified even within China for it.

The Chiense Press is calling it horiffic. That press is State controlled. If this had been a Central Government matter, the Press wouldn't be saying one word against it.
Well... Couple of days ago local news channel said it was only 250 and those dogs were indeed infected. But I guess it's possible it was just that channel.

Ushgarak
I think the original link to this story talks about the Chinese press condemnation. It is very strong, for China.

Eis
I think the original link to this story talks about the Chinese press condemnation. It is very strong, for China.
I didn't really read that link, I'm just saying what I saw on the news here.

Capt_Fantastic

Well, don't you think it makes no real sense to kill the dogs, considering they're not the only animal that can carry rabies?

Ushgarak
And chickens are not the only bird that can carry flu, but the mass culls of them still helped.

Chances are this saved lives.

ThePittman
This just proves what I have said all along that a person is smart and people are stupid.

Capt_Fantastic
Chances are this saved lives.

And did nothing to save others.

Ushgarak
That's getting rather magnificently off the point, though, which is that people were implying that this achieved nothing. That is not true.

vraya the great

What the f**k?

mad that's ridiculous, and frankly, I think it's sick.

2,000 died from rabies that year?
#1 Don't they have like two billion people? confused yeah let's all freak out because a decimal percentage died from rabies roll eyes (sarcastic)
#2 Why don't we try to find a cure, or maybe, even better, let's check the dogs for rabies before we beat them to death eek! no expression

oh and by the way ush, I see what you mean, but don't you think they may have taken it a tad too far. I mean half of them didn't even check the dogs for rabies erm

Kryzula
Wow.

That is so cold-blooded.
I am not surprised, though.

~ Kryzula

botankus
So if the stick wackers came up to you while you were walking your dog, and you resisted their dognapping and ran away, would they chase you down and beat you to death with a stick, too?

Capt_Fantastic
That's getting rather magnificently off the point, though, which is that people were implying that this achieved nothing. That is not true.

Sure it acheived something. But it isn't going to acheive much. What's next? Kill all th epoor country side peasants that are more likely to interact with animals that carry rabies?

Deus Venčficus
Sure it acheived something. But it isn't going to acheive much. What's next? Kill all th epoor country side peasants that are more likely to interact with animals that carry rabies?

I'd hate to think about what China does about Chickenpox... I mean you get those from little kids.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Lyna303

What the f**k?

mad

OMG weep

BackFire
Yeah, you know. When something starts becomming a nuisance, the best thing to do is hit it with a stick. It's worked for centuries, why stop now?

What an exciting future we have ahead of us.

vraya the great
Yeah, you know. When something starts becomming a nuisance, the best thing to do is hit it with a stick. It's worked for centuries, why stop now?

What an exciting future we have ahead of us. lol, I can't wait to see messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.