X-Men The Last Satnd Everywhere October 3rd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdea
I can't wait to see the two other alternate endings and the easter eggs and the 10 deleted scenes and here the commentary and intervviews and behind the scenes footage and making of the movie and the theatrical trailers and tons of other stuff

So what about you guys you care much for this DVD

Or is anyone gonna wait and get the trilogy package which'll feature a new comic written by Stan Lee I think I heard it was 100 pgs or something, but don't wuote me on the numbers, but I do know that this comic'll be his return in 5 years-well

I don't really or well I've never read a comic before, but if it comes with the package I'd read it what about you guys what's your insight on the DVD, do you think it's worth getting?

Impediment
Meh. I was severely disappointed with X3. I'll probably wait to buy a used copy, just to round out my X-Men dvd set.

Wolfie
From what I read, the trilogy set looks like it just includes the movies. It's a three-disc set. X-Men 1.5 and X2 are both two-disc DVDs. So it looks like you're just buying the movies by getting that.

If the X3 CE included another disc or something, I'd probably get that. Since it's just comic artwork or whatever, I'll probably just get the standard DVD.

darthivader
I believe therell be a one disk, a two disk edition and another collectors edition with the comic and I dont know if a production diary or something

Wolfie
Each will include:
- Anamorphic widescreen
- English Dolby Digital 5.1
- Dolby Digital 6.1 EX
Extras will include:
- Director & writer commentary by Brett Ratner, Zack Penn, and Simon Kinbergten
- Producer commentary by Avi Arad, Lauren Shuler Donner, and Ralph Winter
- Deleted and extended scenes with optional commentary
- Three alternate endings
- Two sets of menus
- Trailers
- An inside look at A Night at the Museum
- Two Easter Eggs (one of the Beast reciting Shakespeare and the other of the X-Jet landing in Washington, D.C.)

The collector's edition will include all of that plus:
- A 100-page commemorative book with an all-new story penned by Stan Lee

A three-disc set containing all three X-Men films will also be available.
Source: DVDActive.com

So I'll be just picking up the standard DVD. The Collector's Edition will probably be about $10 more and I don't care about the book that much.

The box set will be crap too.

MildPossession
I enjoyed X-Men III but not enough to buy it on dvd, same for I and II.

redcaped
When is the Box Set...October 3rd?

redcaped
Yes, just checked. The box is mine...I was waiting for it. I knew from movie 1 it was going to be a trilogy. October is approaching.

Impediment
I just decided that I am going to buy it, but not as a single. I'm going to hock my X-Men 1 & 2 set and just go ahead and buy the Trilogy set package. Might as well, right?

cain marko
Originally posted by jdea
I can't wait to see the two other alternate endings

ahem 3 oh yes 3

office jesus
Originally posted by Impediment
Meh. I was severely disappointed with X3. I'll probably wait to buy a used copy, just to round out my X-Men dvd set.

I'll spend the four bucks to rent it then burn it. big grin

Solo
Originally posted by MildPossession
I enjoyed X-Men III but not enough to buy it on dvd, same for I and II.
Same here, I never really understoos the amount of praise the first two got. They were good, but not spectacular.

I'll give X3 a rewatch, just to be fair, I wasn't necessarily in a good mood while seeing it at the cinema.

By the way, someone said they'll be releasing a six disc set sometime next year.

Scarecrow756
As I don`t have any of the three films I am going to pick up the boxset.

Wolfie
If you're just a casual fan of the movies, go for the box set. The box set is three discs, so it'll be just the movies.

The first two X-Men movies are two-disc sets, so if you want the features, buy them separately.

TheOnes2
All i can say is if you loved the first 2, you will hate this. If you hated the first 2, you will love this.

Im going to rent the 2 disc edition from amazon, rip to computer, cut the deleted scenes back in, burn to dvd, copy disc 2 and send it back.

Emma718
why why why??

the Xmen dvd's, never seem to have bloopers sad

xixiware
i can't wait either
it's really very hot these days,the posts are everywhere!
by the way ,recommend you guys a pretty good tool to ripper DVD to other format. i'm using it ,imtoo DVD RIPPER, a good helper with my dvd collections.

for more details,you can google imtoo,and download a free one to have a try

Originally posted by jdea
I can't wait to see the two other alternate endings and the easter eggs and the 10 deleted scenes and here the commentary and intervviews and behind the scenes footage and making of the movie and the theatrical trailers and tons of other stuff

So what about you guys you care much for this DVD

Or is anyone gonna wait and get the trilogy package which'll feature a new comic written by Stan Lee I think I heard it was 100 pgs or something, but don't wuote me on the numbers, but I do know that this comic'll be his return in 5 years-well

I don't really or well I've never read a comic before, but if it comes with the package I'd read it what about you guys what's your insight on the DVD, do you think it's worth getting?

Wolfie
Originally posted by TheOnes2
All i can say is if you loved the first 2, you will hate this. If you hated the first 2, you will love this.
I love all three.

Quincy
X-3.

puke

SnakeEyes
Here's my order:

1) X2
2) X-Men
3) X3

I was very disappointed by X3. It let me down... it let me down rough.

Wolfie
FYI, Wal-Mart is getting a bonus disc along with the single disc edition.

redcaped
Are you sure the box set 1-3 will be available Tuesday? Don't make me walk 6 blocks.

Wolfie
http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Trilogy-X2-United-Stand/dp/B000HEVZ9E/sr=1-3/qid=1159741381/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-9877374-9072867?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Look for yourself.

coolmovies
Check the HMV Exclusive Sleeve out http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=-1;5;-1;-1&sku=558827

Wolfie
That's pretty cool. R1 hardly ever gets exclusive sleeves. The only one I can think of is Best Buy's My Big Fat Independent Movie.

redcaped
The box trilogy didn't bring the comic, just the 3 movies plain. I was worried at first because I couldn't see the aspect ratio, so I had to open it in front of the cashier to make sure and yes they're all widescreen.

lake1951

Wolfie
I haven't watched all of the special features yet. The Walmart Bonus Disc was interesting. Two of the alternate endings were disappointing. That Simpsons movie preview was somewhat funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.