Vulcan Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thedude1948
Right now it looks like this fight will inevitably happen. So when it does happen who does everyone think will win it?

We havent see much of Vulcan in action, but from what we have seen so far he has been pretty powerful. But are his powers enough to be able to take out Gladiator?

ExodusCloak
To be honest...I think everyone knows how this fight is going to turn out...there are still 8 books left after they fight.

Hopefully it won't be a repeat of the Cassandra Nova/Gladiator fight.

BTW It looks like it'll be Vulcan vs The Imperial Guard

General Kon-El
I think ill go with Vulcan.

juggernaut66666
Happy Dance
Me too

thedude1948
Just finished reading the last issue and I have to agree Gladiator is going to be taking a beating.

Metalmanx
I have a feeling that Gladiator is going to kick Vulcan's ass throughout most of the fight with little ease. And then, because plot devices are necessary, Vulcan will discover the necessary frequency of radiation that weakens Gladiator and blast him with it full force. After having effectively defeated Glads through a very small window of opportunity, he can continue on with his vengence.

K3VIL
You're overrating Vulcan, and understimating Kallark.
With Shi'Ar Empire in danger, his confidence will reach outstanding levels, means he'll be on a rampage against Vulcan.Gladiator fought, yet not successfully against Tyrant, and survived.Gladiator fought Thor and other powerful beings such Ego and always showed to be a top dog.
Vulcan compared to the other X-Men who got nothing to stop him is a powerhouse, but when you put him against guys like Glad, Thor, any herald, or cosmic energies wielder, he's not going too far.
He'll show his own, and gave a damn fight, but lose.
He's just the new freak in the in the mutant universe, brought in from Marvel to rejuvenate the x-stories.
He'll probably die in the fight using his powers to self-destruct himself and take part of a Shi'Ar army with him, injuring Kallark, and that's all.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by K3VIL
With Shi'Ar Empire in danger, his confidence will reach outstanding levels, means he'll be on a rampage against Vulcan.Gladiator fought, yet not successfully against Tyrant, and survived.Gladiator fought Thor and other powerful beings such Ego and always showed to be a top dog.
Vulcan compared to the other X-Men who got nothing to stop him is a powerhouse, but when you put him against guys like Glad, Thor, any herald, or cosmic energies wielder, he's not going too far.
He's just the new freak in the in the mutant universe, brought in from Marvel to rejuvenate the x-stories.
He'll probably die in the fight using his powers to self-destruct himself and take part of a Shi'Ar army with him, injuring Kallark, and that's all.
BLAH BLAH BLAH galdiator has never won a fight he gets owned by every one thor,hulk, EVEN GAMBIT has owned him

K3VIL
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
BLAH BLAH BLAH galdiator has never won a fight he gets owned by every one thor,hulk, EVEN GAMBIT has owned him
calm down fanboy, and you wanna use Contest Of Champions fights to support arguments?Come on, get over it.
Mutant is just another uber alles mutant pulled out to improve storyarcs.
Exodus in his first showings was a team wrecker too.

juggernaut66666
calm down fanboy, and you wanna use Contest Of Champions fights to support arguments?Come on, get over it.
Mutant is just another uber alles mutant pulled out to improve storyarcs.
Exodus in his first showings was a team wrecker too.
Look gladiator is marvel's biggest jober ever what makes you think he won't job this time???

Grimm22
I donno erm

Gladiator looks pretty missed off there.

This could go either way.

K3VIL
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Look gladiator is marvel's biggest jober ever what makes you think he won't job this time???
That this time Marvel have to get rid of mutant too powerful to stay around, he'll die or at least get highly depowered

juggernaut66666
That this time Marvel have to get rid of mutant too powerful to stay around, he'll die or at least get highly depowered
he is already depowered

Grimm22

Hey its still better than Phoneix coming back again yes

K3VIL
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hey its still better than Phoneix coming back again yes
You're right Grimm, but look at the plot:
A being believed dead, comes back, show power levels off the charts and own the X-Men.
Ya, the writer is some sort of omnipotent genious.

ExodusCloak

Vulcan will be facing the entire Imperial Guard in the next issue not just Glads...it's basically going to be a fatigued Vulcan who hasn't eaten or rested for the last somewhat years...given that he had Darwin for those years I'd lower it down to a week. This is also a Vulcan who has been expelling tremendous amounts of energy constantly over this period of time...so basically Gabriel is going to be handicapped in this fight.

But I still believe Vulcan is going to trounce every single member of the Imperial Guard...the only one who has remotely a chance of stopping Vulcan is Darwin AKA the walking plot device. And it'll probably be his friendship that brings him to the right side.

IMO I don't think Vulcan will die...he's already been heavely depowered to a stage where he could possibly join the X-Men team, stay with his father or even become a member of the Imperial Guard. Uncanny has had a hard time competing with Astonishing...something tells me the conclusion to this arc is not going to be that obvious ie Him biting the dust or being depowered.

You're also forgetting that most energy wielders can augment their strength and durability to very very high levels...plus since Vulcan can manouever at such high speeds it suggests he has heightened reflexes.

Vulcan will take this...it's just a matter of waiting for the issue to come out.

BTW Would negating Rachels Phoenix fragment count as Cosmic Energy...

BTW The Exodus comment almost brought tears to my eyes...because..it's so true....

Validus
Of course Vulcan will win. If Gladiator came by himself it would have been a good fight but the fact that he has back up pretty much confirms an ass whooping. That's the way comics work.

Rols
Im afraid Gladiator will Job on this story arc, but i think Vulcan has what it takes to defeat Gladiator 1 on 1, no PIS.

Superboy Prime
How was Vulcan depowered?

thedude1948
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
How was Vulcan depowered?

When Darwin came out of Vulcan, he lost Darwin, Petra, and Sway's powers.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

BTW The Exodus comment almost brought tears to my eyes...because..it's so true....

No kidding. So sad. I thought he rocked when he first came out. Was fighting and winning against both the X-Men and Avengers combined. Now, he's nothing.

The only reason I don't see this happening to Vulcan is because he is a Summers.

Rols
Originally posted by thedude1948
When Darwin came out of Vulcan, he lost Darwin, Petra, and Sway's powers.
Nothing was said about him being less powerfull, he's still considered omega level.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Rols
Nothing was said about him being less powerfull, he's still considered omega level.
Yeah he still is very powerful, but with Darwins powers on top of his own he was almost untouchable.

Rols
I still think he retains those powers from his fallen comrade, as well as Darwins. But we shall see soon.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by celestialdemon
No kidding. So sad. I thought he rocked when he first came out. Was fighting and winning against both the X-Men and Avengers combined. Now, he's nothing.

The only reason I don't see this happening to Vulcan is because he is a Summers.

Bloodties was really good....it's shame...his appearance in the HoM Hulk also disappointed me...

thedude1948
Hmm.... from the issue previews Vulcan might not be beating him after all (but anything could still happen.)
http://popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=40525&page=1
But he does kill a couple of the Imperial Guards.

Horrificus

Oh, but don't foget the part where, to gather some "sales", next year they will bring Vulcan back from the dead. Only, then he will be as powerful as Enternity or Galactus, and he will threaten the universe, and then he will create a universe, and then he will detsroy a universe, and then he will recreate the universe, and then the X-titles will elevate somebody else to God-status to match him. I think the only mutant left that is not a "God-type" is maybe Kitty Pride. Maybe. So, somehow, she will be described as having a type of ultimate power.
Gawd! How terrible.

Galan777
Originally posted by thedude1948
Hmm.... from the issue previews Vulcan might not be beating him after all (but anything could still happen.)
http://popcultureshock.com/index.php?p=40525&page=1
But he does kill a couple of the Imperial Guards. Id bet money that vulcan beats glads

ExodusCloak
You're missing a page from the previews...

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4805.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/25/uncanny4806.jpg

Kang16
Nice.

complexbrother
very nice

guy222
Originally posted by complexbrother
very nice

Vulcan FTW

starlock
i think vulcan lost the fight and lost an eye?
but he was fighting the whole imperial guard and gladiator seemed like it was a good idea to let his guard die hehe before he took out vulcan

One on one- i think gladiator would win-he is much more than an energy blaster

llagrok
Originally posted by Estacado

I'm sorry, didn't Gladiator beat up Wolverine and Beast? He was ready to kill the x-men any given second. Jean's tk/tp didn't have an affect on him.

I think both Gladiator and Vulcan will die sad

Estacado
Been done Vulcan got one shoted by Glads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.