Parable of the Pearl...........Parables.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo

Regret
The kingdom of heaven is more valuable than all else, and is something a wise person should give everything else up to attain it. It seems a simple parable Debbiejo.

docb77
There are things that could be read into the parable that aren't directly stated though. If the man was a merchant who dealt in pearls, it is quite likely that he already had a fairly large collection of pearls. If the pearl represents something of value, something desireable. You could say that the merchant was willing to sell all that he previously valued/desired in order to obtain this one extraordinary pearl, which in the story represents the kingdom of God.

debbiejo
It could be said the the Pearl ( which represents wisdom) is what is of the most value.......

Alliance
I like to swallow pearls. I have a collection.

Storm
I don' t think the focus is on the buying of the pearl, but on one' s willingsness to give up other things. You can' t buy your way into heaven, but because of the unsurpassing joy and value one finds in Christ, we (some) gladly exchange everything else in our lives to take up his cross.

debbiejo
If Christ was talking about himself Storm, what if he was talking about Wisdom? Remember in all ancient societies the pearl represents wisdom...........

debbiejo
Another one.....who would like to do one,......otherwise,..........."The Lost Son'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.