the most powerfull nation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I AM ANTHONY
who do u think is the most powerful nation is all gatogories. my freind thinks russia is gonna be the the next world ruler. but i say korea,

John!attheDisco
North or South?

Grand_Moff_Gav
China

John!attheDisco
I agree, China.

Deano
why is this a conspiracy?

Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't know, haha

Captain REX
z0mg conspircy! no expression

I think it's China's turn.

GCG
China - They have already taken out the canine society

cking
I agree, china will be the next possibility. even through it can be a burden to support 2 billion people, china could use it to their advantage.

Bardock42
I'd say India....

cking
why India?

Bardock42
Originally posted by cking
why India?

Because they have an insane amount of people, they will catch up on western standards sooner or later....they also seem to make horrible movies that people like to watch....

Rakarr
The Korean's do have some nice bombs they can drop on any one. But America lose? Never. Atleast I hope not. Just imagine if USA lost a war.... maybe things would be better laughing out loud

cking
or in other words really expensive fireworks. if the u.s lost to north Korea then Kim Jong will be the next emperor of the world. roll eyes (sarcastic)

tabby999
Originally posted by Rakarr
The Korean's do have some nice bombs they can drop on any one. But America lose? Never. Atleast I hope not. Just imagine if USA lost a war.... maybe things would be better laughing out loud

:: cough cough :: viatnam :: cough cough ::

just because the USA got a bigger body count didn't mean they won, they stil had to leave in defeat.
And really, the US didn't seem to learn anything from it, they still charged into much the same situation in Iraq and wondering why a short campaign has been going on for 4 years....

botankus
I think the Netherlands will be the next in line for world domination. Just imagine, a global red-light district!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
China is big, but - on an economic scale - it is irredeemably divided. It's about geography. Same goes for India.

USA! USA! USA! It's here to stay...sadly.

xmarksthespot

PVS
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

ExodusCloak
I'd say India...India in a few more years....they already have the largest democracy in the world...and their middle class is growing rapidly...which should lead to a better economy etc... and eventually lead to money which equals power.

lil bitchiness
China is big, but - on an economic scale - it is irredeemably divided. It's about geography. Same goes for India.

I concur.

But China is already happening - its not about Americanisation anymore. Chinalisation is where its at.

Soleran
China is an upcoming butcher/meat vender in the world arena! Watch out for those "all beef" patties from China!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
China is already happening - its not about Americanisation anymore. Chinalisation is where its at.

I agree to some extent, but the economic development going on in China is closely based on the American model.

Inspectah Deck
why hasn't anyone mention Russia?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah! Why hasn't someone mentioned Russia?! Someone should mention Russia...

I vote for Bardock to mention Russia. Go on, Bardock! Mention Russia...

Bardock42
Yeah! Why hasn't someone mentioned Russia?! Someone should mention Russia...

I vote for Bardock to mention Russia. Go on, Bardock! Mention Russia...

Okay, I hereby...officially mention...the one...and only....European Union.....****, I spoilt that one.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sure did, Dumas. We certainly can't count on you.

Get it?

Bardock42
Sure did, Dumas. We certainly can't count on you.

Get it?

Let me try it.

Don't be so swift. I would have needed more travels to do it..

get it?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ooo...That was tricky because you didn't use italics. Let's see...

Well, I guess if you don't get this one, then my great expectations of you will be vanished, and I'll just think you're a Dickins.

Get it?

'Powerfull'(sic)...nice.

Bardock42
Ooo...That was tricky because you didn't use italics. Let's see...

Well, I guess if you don't get this one, then my great expectations of you will be vanished, and I'll just think you're a Dickins.

Get it?

'Powerfull'(sic)...nice.

Lets pretend I didn't get it And I also can't reply, I mean i have a neverending story in my head, but it's not known and stuff so...it's over...finished. End(e)

Get it?

Flamboyant4Life
Russia - Maybe
Korea - No

BobbyD
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
China

-cosigned

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Lets pretend I didn't get it And I also can't reply, I mean i have a neverending story in my head, but it's not known and stuff so...it's over...finished. End(e)

Get it?

Your either singing a carol, or you've disappeared way down the rabbit hole, Alice. I wonderland which it is...?

Get it?

Deano

Bardock42
Your either singing a carol, or you've disappeared way down the rabbit hole, Alice. I wonderland which it is...?

Get it?

It couldn't have been more obvious if you hit me with the actual thing. It's Pride and Prejudice, right?

Originally posted by Deano
But the United States has always been controlled from London and still is.

Aww, if that makes you feel better...we know you are a patriot, it's okay.

Eis
Now, US. Next, China.

Deano
It couldn't have been more obvious if you hit me with the actual thing. It's Pride and Prejudice, right?

Aww, if that makes you feel better...we know you are a patriot, it's okay.

nothin at all to do with patriotism..try again

leonheartmm
contendors

usa
russia
china
india
korea
israel

leonheartmm

Robtard

Dirty Vader
Israel has been until now. Only a matter of time, until the Chinese get on the podium.

tabby999
with places like China and India its well and good to say they'll be the next superpower but so much of their population lives in poverty that it'd be too divided to be a true superpower.
Even on the army front, China and India have mass numbers of people, but no way to transport them to another country outside of their continent efficiently. America holds top dog at the moment because they have enough money to support their army and if you look like a threat you become a Terrorist and are swiftly (or as swiftly as possible) neutralised.

I say watch out once Mexico gets its shit together

I AM ANTHONY
well the thing about china is that yes. they have alot of people but they cant fidhgt. 100 chinese soldeirs=1 american soldeir
i love my cparry spelling

Capt_Fantastic
This thread is shit! Verbal diaorehha!

Robtard
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
This thread is shit! Verbal diaorehha!

You said it chief...

tabby999
Originally posted by I AM ANTHONY
well the thing about china is that yes. they have alot of people but they cant fidhgt. 100 chinese soldeirs=1 american soldeir
i love my cparry spelling

hardly. I think the whole "Black Hawk Down" fiasco showed us that a dirt poor nation can more than handle itself when it has to, American soldiers die just the same as any other soldiers in the world, irrelevant of all their tech. I said china can't deploy troops as quickly and efficiently as America can, not that their soldiers are crap.

I AM ANTHONY
well the thing is. in black hawk down is that. nealry all of the civallains. were equpied with guns. and for the most part the americans killed alot of them. but! there numbers do have apoint. but i think this whole thing with china is gonna kill us one by one, with war or with out. 100 people come to america with the avain flu, they infect 200, then the 200 infect 400 then 800 then 1600. so its a never ending cycle of asain deasie solow raping our american soil

tabby999
um...and? so they were equiped with guns. i'm pretty sure thats what an army is. Just because they dont run around yelling "bravo alpha tango" dosn't make them less of a fighting force. "We got beatedn in combat but it dosn't count, the enemy had guns!"

And "asian disease slowly raping our american soil" (after i cleaned up the gramatic car crash you wrote). Save it for the cross burning mate.

Alliance
so its a never ending cycle of asain deasie solow raping our american soil

confused OMG!

sick

ThePittman
Well you just can say in all categories, the problem is that there are major gaps between the powers.

Robtard
well the thing is. in black hawk down is that. nealry all of the civallains. were equpied with guns. and for the most part the americans killed alot of them. but! there numbers do have apoint. but i think this whole thing with china is gonna kill us one by one, with war or with out. 100 people come to america with the avain flu, they infect 200, then the 200 infect 400 then 800 then 1600. so its a never ending cycle of asain deasie solow raping our american soil

Prejudice much?

I AM ANTHONY
well its true most of the disease comes from either Africa or Asia...

ThePittman
well its true most of the disease comes from either Africa or Asia... crazysign

tabby999
what he said

Tptmanno1
I think we are rapidly entering a completly unpredicatable and emmensly globalized age, where there will be no real huge world superpower, simply becuase inter-continental and inter-country trade will be so high that one country, or even a few, can attempt to break away and take on a nation.
What may happen is whats happening now in the middle east, except on a larger scale.
Large coalitions of many countries fighting. Like for example the US and Europe supporting an Israli cause, with Asia supporting the Arab countries, and that conflict branching out. A completly global war or something.
But that would be worst case.

Darth_Erebus
What's the point? Nations are fast becoming obsolete. A better question would be "What's the most powerful Corporation?"

As for military power it's America and will continue to be for quite sometime. Everyone is touting China but China's nuclear arsenal is a fraction of America's, and Russia's as well. It will be decades before China will catch up to the USA in nuclear capacity and by then more advanced and powerful weapons, such as microwave weapons, will have replaced nukes as the most feared on the block and the USA is at the forefront of those as well.

It's a good thing America isn't really willing to use it's military. Iraq, Vietnam, etc were all indeed "winnable" wars if America was willing to do what's necessary, which fortunately we're not.

Blaxican Hydra
laughing laughing laughing

Billy you dumbas!!!1!!1

laughing

But on-topic...

America is the most powerful, asnd will continue to be the best for, I reckon 50-100 more years before we get WTFpwnd by Mexico.

Mexico will be a new world power!

I AM ANTHONY
mexico will be empty in like 20 years..........

Robtard
mexico will be empty in like 20 years..........

You know there is (or maybe was) a move to blur the borders and essentially make the US, Canada and Mexico one. Basically linking the entire North American continent into one country wise, and that would be one F'ing super power. 'The United States of Canamerico'

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/03/20050323-1.html

ThePittman
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
What's the point? Nations are fast becoming obsolete. A better question would be "What's the most powerful Corporation?"

As for military power it's America and will continue to be for quite sometime. Everyone is touting China but China's nuclear arsenal is a fraction of America's, and Russia's as well. It will be decades before China will catch up to the USA in nuclear capacity and by then more advanced and powerful weapons, such as microwave weapons, will have replaced nukes as the most feared on the block and the USA is at the forefront of those as well.

It's a good thing America isn't really willing to use it's military. Iraq, Vietnam, etc were all indeed "winnable" wars if America was willing to do what's necessary, which fortunately we're not. thumb up

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Rakarr

The most powerful nation does not inherently have to be decided by war. And the US has lost a war in the past. The US is an important cog in the world machine, but it is quite possible one day it wont be such an important piece. This is neither bad nor good - tis simply the flow of time. I don't think the US should be seen as the be all and end all. Nor that the thought of it one day loosing the crown of King of the world being reason for gnashing of teeth and wailing.

Anyway China or India are definitely ones to watch out for. They have numbers which will prove advantageous in coming years with the predicted aging crisis that apparently will be facing certain influential nations. Add to this the industrial might they are building, the way they are drawing in manufacturing from western nations looking for a cheaper workforce. There will come I time I believe when the continued working of the global community will, for a time, rest with them.

Also certain middle eastern nations have the potential to be important, especially with natural resources that might become limited.

At the moment however I believe the US still holds on narrowly in terms of global culture, influence and military power.

Blaxican Hydra
No way dude, Mexico is gonna be the ones to d it, I swear.

I mean, all Mexicans automatically have combat experience from dodging the border patrol. They know how to dodge bullets, and camouflage with their environment. We're all screwed.

VanillaCocaCola
Which is based on Oil.

tabby999
ah, no, its based on the fact america (and the rest of the western world) are getting them to build all our stuff on the cheap. They have to build factorys to make our nikes and Panasonics so they have massive industrial strength.

who?-kid
Because they have an insane amount of people, they will catch up on western standards sooner or later....they also seem to make horrible movies that people like to watch....
India is a fast grower when talking about economy, but it still isn't a rich country. It's also always at the risk of war with Pakistan. The people of India are divided in different religious groups (Islam - Hinduism) who - to put it mildly - don't like each other.

I don't see India becoming a major player the first generations.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by who?-kid
India is a fast grower when talking about economy, but it still isn't a rich country. It's also always at the risk of war with Pakistan. The people of India are divided in different religious groups (Islam - Hinduism) who - to put it mildly - don't like each other.

I don't see India becoming a major player the first generations.

Actually India major is, for most part, fairly well unified, its only as you get towards the boarders and into Kashmir that things get unstable. The benefits of India are: numbers, fast growing economy, cheap labor, and a growing focus on technology directly aimed at western markets and English speaking economic powers.

This is in opposition to China whose economic growth and direction is different fundamentally. I still think India and China will be, should the traditional "western" movers falter, the ones to capitalise on any vacuum. The word relevant in the modern world to questions like the "most powerful" are hegemony, and the concepts are culture, economy, influence and military. Current trends put India and China on the fastest track to these things that are currently held by a hand full of old world powers and the US.

Deus Venèficus
Nations and superpowers seem to come and go like trains...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

VanillaCocaCola
Again, it's based on oil. Current superpower's have their economies built, and oil is almost gone, but China and India and other potential superpower' are still building it, and it's based around ar esource that'll be gone within a century.

Grand_Moff_Gav
China are using Coal, and alot of it, they are building a new coal factory every week for the next seven years or something silly, and they make everything...

BUT

The EU is banning goods from outwith the union so that goods made in Europe are sold instead.

Bicnarok
China is on the rise in a big way, mainly because of cheap or slave labour, after all a factory using prisoners to make stuff has a lot less overheads than a western company with all the wages, health insurace and what not.

But it will eventually stop, after all if no one is getting payed and most things are getting produced in china, who is going to buy the stuff?

Robtard
Originally posted by VanillaCocaCola
Again, it's based on oil. Current superpower's have their economies built, and oil is almost gone, but China and India and other potential superpower' are still building it, and it's based around ar esource that'll be gone within a century.

Or the oil cartels say it is almost gone so they can keep raising the price; ever consider that as a possibility?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.