its obi-wans fault!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sabrea
ok, as i see it, qui-gons death was obi-wans fault...i wouldnt be saying this unless i had a good reason either...i watched SW Ep.I again the other day cause i was bored, and at the end when they were fighting darth maul together obi-wan had the chance to kill him a couple of times, but wat did he do? nothing! but i kno, he was really upset that qui-gon was killed, and i feel bad for him(ok..do i have a fever?i usually hate obi-wan) but if he really wanted to he could have killed darth maul earlier and qui-gon wouldnt have died, unfortunatly for him and us, he didnt think, therefore he didnt take the chance to kill darth maul, and as a result to that, qui-gon was killed...

Sabrea
ok...well, it wont let me post for my own poll, but i would have chosen he didnt mean to... (even tho i kno that it was his fault), but he really didnt mean for qui to die

yerssot
well, there is a website out (bob brown or something.... ush knows the url) where they analyse EVERY single move! And it explains a lot! If OB1 didn't always twirl he could have struck Maul 5 times orso

About the "it's obi wans fault", I haven't reached the novel of EpII yet, but in Approching Storm (EU) he talks with Luminara about it (he=ob1), and he says he deliberatly slows down the learning to learn anakin to have patience

Ushgarak
Actually, that's not true, yerss. While it is so that Obi-Wan's displaced aggression twirls were the height of nonsense, if you look at how Maul responds to them it is clear he is treating them with contempt. Qui-Gon's more efficient blows were dealt with more harshly. If Obi-Wan had been more efficient, Maul would simply have been less playful.

yerssot
I bow for the master

Ushgarak
All in all, you can never really blame anyone for losing a fight. Both of them tried their best, it's not as if Obi-Wan thought at any point "I could kill him now... but I think I'll leave it..."

yerssot
you can always blaim the one who got the lightsabre through him wink

Ushgarak
You could even blame QGJ for having not taught those over-expressive moves out of Obi-Wan.

But I guess some of it must have taken because Obi-Wan was very much more austere by AOTC. And as for ANH... in fact, in a retro-continuity sense, that little 360 twirl Alec Guiness does in ANH is strangely pleasing because it reveals the small hint of the Padawan he was!

yerssot
shocking... it was the only "active" move (I mean non-fencing) in the whole ANH

Sabrea
but if obi-wan hadnt been so busy jumping and twirling around like a ballarina, he could have killed maul, and qgj would have still been alive...

Ushgarak
No, Sabrea. After all, Maul was all twists and flips as well. But he made no mistakes, unlike Obi-Wan.

But like I said to yerss, Maul would simply have been less casual with Obi-Wan if Obi-Wan had fought better. And in any case, Obi-Wan was fighting to the best of his ability.

And after QGJ died he did damn well.

finti
Obi Wan is arogant and seems to like to put Anikan in his palce as a padawan

Sabrea
if obi-wan had fought like he did in the end when they had first come to maul then he could have killed him...and obi-wan likes to TORTURE anakin, i dont think he likes him very much...

yerssot
torture?

Ushgarak
I am glad he is mean to Anakin!

I very much doubt he woukld have beaten Maul if he had fought like that from that start, Sabrea. I mean, he didn't beat him when he DID fight like that, did he?

yerssot
why is mean good?

Ushgarak
Because Anakin is an even worse whiner than his son will be! Moan moan moan!

yerssot
but obi wan doesn't understand!

Ushgarak
Oh, he understands only toooooooooo well!

yerssot
well, because OB1 acts like that, Anakin gets angrier!

Ushgarak
That's Anakin's fault. And if the Council had listened to Obi-Wan and not let Anakin ponce around going back home and pouring his heart out to Padme all would have been fine.

yerssot
yeah! I never liked that Mace type!

Sabrea
if obi-wan were nicer to anakin then anakin might not have turned to the dark side, he probably didnt want to be around some1 like that nemore...you see how he had no problems killing obi-wan, but he wouldnt kill his son, thats because luke didnt treat him like he was nothing, well, luke tried to kill him, but thats besides the point, luke didnt go around telling him, dont do this, dont do that that way, do this this way, obi-wan always had to have evrything his way, so anakin was sick of it, and when they told him that they he could keep his life if he turned to the dark side he jumped at the chance, probably because of the way that obi-wan was always treating him...

Ushgarak
If Obi-Wan had been 'nicer' to Anakin he might have gone off the rails sooner. A relationship like that demands discipline and Anakin is absolutely FULL of himself. His head would have been the size of Coruscant of Obi-Wan had not kept him cut down to size.

Vader was perfectly happy to kill Luke if need be! It was Luke's helplessness and heartfelt appeal that persuaded Vader, not any innate niceness Luke had shown to him! After all, as we know, Obi-Wan once thought as Luke did.

LaurenE147
Obi-Wan did a good enough job with the beginning of Luke's training so wouldn't that make Anakin the only variable there.

LaurenE147
Oh, my gosh. Ush, we agreed! Hallelujia!

Ushgarak
Shall we hug?

Sabrea
obi-wan still could have been a little nice, jjust a little, and luke hadnt been mean to ani/vader like obi-wan...

Julie
huh?

yerssot
so the thread in GDF is now useless?

Ushgarak
Well, let me see... Luke HAD been cruel in the trying to kill Vader sense... hmm...

Sabrea
?????????...

Sabrea
but he hadnt tho, he only tried to kill him because he was on the dark side, where as obi had been mean to him almost as long as hed known him...

ToMacco
Obi-wan is stern with Anakin because he is his student. But he wasn't always that way with him. He joked and giggled with Anakin in the elivator at the beginning of EP II. Obi-wan cracked dry jokes with Anikin the entire movie. The two were friends.

And as far as Obi-wan being at fault for Qui-gons death. . . . that's the dumbest thing I've ever herd.

yerssot
well, Anakin is defying him...
'We will not succeed our mandate, my young padawan learner"
-"Why?"

Dexx
because we don't have enough publicity?

yerssot
yes we have!

Sabrea
...................................................still, watever...im just trying to blame some1 for my uncles death...

yerssot
blame GL, he writes the stories!

Sabrea
*runs off to go find and strangle GL* j/k...

yerssot
after 2005 please

finti
Well in my opinion Anakin is already a little bit turned, the "clue" is when he is the garage of the Owens. When Padme brings him some food and he tells about what he did with the Tuskens. Listen to the music there and you will hear "The Imperial March". The turn has begun and he is doing it himself...so far

ToMacco
Yeah, Anakin is doomed.

Sabrea
ok, u guys, i cant tell u my sorces, but, when anakin and obi ARE having their little battle scene, and anakin is darth vader when they have their battle, if u want i can find out who wins and tell u, or u can just wait til the movie...u tell me, do u wanna kno now, or later??...

finti
I belive that Anakin has not become Darth Vader when he confronts Obi Wan in the battle scene.

yerssot
of course he isn't, he needs to get the scars first

and that's according to my source wink

Sabrea
trust me, hes darth vader when he does the scene...

finti
oh please enlighten us then.....
hmm "obi wan once thought as you do".

Maybe Vader in name ,but not suited up

Sabrea
i never said he was suited up did i?? im pretty sure hes not, but he goes by the name darth vader when they battle, id have to check if he has his suit, but im pretty sure that he doesnt...

finti
as I corrected my self with "Obi Wan once thought as you do"

Sabrea
wat?? obi-wan was always, jedi order this, dont break ne rules, and blah blah blah blah blah he NEVER acted like me, if i were in star wars i would probably be more like anakin, u kno, break all the rlules, turn to the dark side and kill my master, that type of person, lol...

Dexx
he didn't kill his master...

LaurenE147
Anakin is on the quick path to a blackhelmet by the end of AOTC

Dexx
that damn ugly monster

LaurenE147
Righto!

Sabrea
anakin (as darth vader) killed obi-wan in Ep.IV, and obi was his master...

Dexx
nope! sorry. If Dooku would've killed Yoda (impossible) we would've said that he killed his master??? Obi wan was Anakin's master, to on epoint. certainly not Vader's

Sabrea
what does dooku killing yoda have to do with ne thing?? he didnt kill him, and anakin wasnt obis master, he was his apprentice...

Dexx
i'd like u to show me where i wrote that anakin was obi's master... confused
Anyway...the dooku, yoada fight was just an example. If let's say Dooku would've killed Yoda, it wouldn't mean he killed his master

Sabrea
yes it would...

Dexx
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif no, it wouldn't. it would mean that dooku was still Yoda's apprentice. You don't stay an apprentice ur whole like, ya know...

Sabrea
yea, but u would say he killed his master, as in his former master...

Dexx
yeees, that's the word: FORMER

Sabrea
ok, watever, ur right...

Dexx
course i am

Sabrea
u do realize that im just saying ur right to get u to shut up??...

Dexx
yeah, i know that too

Sabrea
smile sad embarrasment stick out tongue wink big grin cool roll eyes (sarcastic) mad

Dexx
do you really save those little piccies.

Corran
She is Haydn's very only private stalker.

Dexx
Stalker alaaaaaarm!!!!

Sabrea
the anakin pics?yes, i save all those, and i am NOT a stlker, i dont follow him around or nething, i would if i could, but thats another story...

Dexx
what about saying u'll marry him all the time. Wifes are stalkers.
Xcuse me married guyz big grin

Sabrea
if i were married to him i would have no reason to stalk him...

finti
enough with this teen girly fantasies and back to SW .

Sabrea
-.- okok back to SW...

Princess_Leia
No it was not his fault! Qui Gon was the jedi MASTER. Obi Wan was just an apprentice and held his own very well. Qui Gon made the mistake and just cause you don't like Obi doesn't mean u can blame him for everyone little thing. Do u never think it was Qui Gon's own fault that he got a lightsaber through him? or that Maul was just that good?Obi wasn't like 'Ok I won't kill Maul now'. Why wud he do that?u don't think of things in a fight, u just fight and so what if he missed a kicked or whatever, he made a slight mistake, haven't u ever? I'm sorry if i come across harsh r anything but ppl like u who blame every little thing on Obi really pissed me off. Just cause u don't like him doesn't mean u shud make him out to be a bad guy cause he's not. Ok well that's my little rant over........for now! evil face

Princess_Leia
No it was not his fault! Qui Gon was the jedi MASTER. Obi Wan was just an apprentice and held his own very well. Qui Gon made the mistake and just cause you don't like Obi doesn't mean u can blame him for everyone little thing. Did u never think it was Qui Gon's own fault that he got a lightsaber through him?Or maybe that Maul was just that good?If Qui Gon had of waited for Obi instead of running ahead maybe things wud have turned out differently and they cud of tackled him together and killed him but he didn't wait.Obi wasn't like 'Ok I won't kill Maul now'. Why wud he do that?u don't think of things in a fight, u just fight and so what if he missed a kick or whatever, he made a slight mistake, haven't u ever? I'm sorry if i come across harsh r anything but ppl like u who blame every little thing on Obi really piss me off. Just cause u don't like him doesn't mean u shud make him out to be a bad guy cause he's not. Ok well that's my little rant over........for now! evil face

Princess_Leia
No it was not his fault! Qui Gon was the jedi MASTER. Obi Wan was just an apprentice and held his own very well. Qui Gon made the mistake and just cause you don't like Obi doesn't mean u can blame him for everyone little thing. Did u never think it was Qui Gon's own fault that he got a lightsaber through him?Or maybe that Maul was just that good?If Qui Gon had of waited for Obi instead of running ahead maybe things wud have turned out differently and they cud of tackled him together and killed him but he didn't wait.Obi wasn't like 'Ok I won't kill Maul now'. Why wud he do that?u don't think of things in a fight, u just fight and so what if he missed a kick or whatever, he made a slight mistake, haven't u ever? I'm sorry if i come across harsh r anything but ppl like u who blame every little thing on Obi really piss me off. Just cause u don't like him doesn't mean u shud make him out to be a bad guy cause he's not. Ok well that's my little rant over........for now! evil face

sorry i know this is a repeat but I changed sum of it well i was writing and i accidentely posted the first one by mistake. sorry!

yerssot
I read you the first time

Princess_Leia
Sorry a lot of it was basically the same I just forgot to add on something I wanted to say and I ended up for some reason getting it posted 3 times. Sorry bout that everyone!

yerssot
there's an edit button for that

Rogue Jedi
excellent post, leia. a little harsh, but we all get that way sometimes.

Princess_Leia
Hey, yeh yerssot, I'm sorry, I had 2 windows up at the same time, both on this message board cause I was trying to check something without losing my post and I sumhow ended up posting it 3 times. I tried to delete the extra posts but I couldn't so I'm sorry, I've already apologised like twice.

Thanks Rogue Jedi, I didn't mean to be harsh I just get mad at people like Sabrea who say things like that and it's really cause she just doesn't like him, not cause he didn't do anything wrong. I'm a big Obi fan so I just wanted to defend him.

Wud u mind if I added u 2 my buddies list thingie?

yerssot
no need to apologise, just pointing something out to you and the others wink

Princess_Leia
Oh, sorry (again!) I just thought u sound at bit pissed off at me.

yerssot
I notice lots of people think that of me

Princess_Leia
lol, I just thought u mite be one of those really pissy people who go around giving out to people for making mistakes on message boards or sumthing. I know ur not now obviously it's just hard to tell in what tone ppl say things when it's in writing, ya know? well talk to ya soon maybe!

cookies2006
Man this thread is old. But old is cool.

Rogue Jedi
i would be honored to be on your buddy list thingie, leia. rock

Princess_Leia
cool, thanks Rogue Jedi! I was just wondering, how old are u?

Rogue Jedi
ill send you a personal message. they are pretty strict here about staying on the subject at hand.

yerssot
you ... could... check out Rogue Jedi's profile ... wink

Rogue Jedi
back to the subject at hand. it wasnt obi wans fault. anakin went the dark side because he chose to. obi wan did what he thought was right.

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan taught Anakin poorly, is still the established fact.

Rogue Jedi
i agree that obi wan made some mistakes. mostly in taking on anakins training in the first place. as i said before, it should have been up to yoda or master windu. maybe even plokoon, ki adi mundi or kit fisto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.