Battling Acne- Round...oh I dunno...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
So after years of initially giving up on the state of my less than perfect skin I visited the dermatologist again this afternoon. She gave me a couple of topical gels. Retina - A and Benzaclin Gel, plus a pumpkin mask. It was these presriptions or some laser treatment which I turned down instantly.

I'm so sick of this 9 year struggle with acne. Its actually not very bad now tho....It doesn't show in pictures very much...and not very evident until close ups...Its mostly just red and blotchy...breakouts are rare...but bah I hate it.... It crushed my self esteem during mny earlier teen years and even now I wish I had porcelin skin. I have 'large pores' she told me, so I guess I'm doomed with this for all of life.

Anyway, my question is to anyone here who had a similar problem. Are the treatments listed above worthwhile? How did you fix your skin problems if any? confused

Thanks much to all for their time. smile

Roland
I used to have bad acne and it sucked. I was never put on pills, used any of those gels or used a pumpkin mask but I have used ProActiv for a year or so and it has worked wonders. smile

amity75
I remember I had a kinda tetracyclene paste to put on. Tho my acne was never bad and I'm sure yours isn't too bad either Punkyhermy. smile

Devalion
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
So after years of initially giving up on the state of my less than perfect skin I visited the dermatologist again this afternoon. She gave me a couple of topical gels. Retina - A and Benzaclin Gel, plus a pumpkin mask. It was these presriptions or some laser treatment which I turned down instantly.

I'm so sick of this 9 year struggle with acne. Its actually not very bad now tho....It doesn't show in pictures very much...and not very evident until close ups...Its mostly just red and blotchy...breakouts are rare...but bah I hate it.... It crushed my self esteem during mny earlier teen years and even now I wish I had porcelin skin. I have 'large pores' she told me, so I guess I'm doomed with this for all of life.

Anyway, my question is to anyone here who had a similar problem. Are the treatments listed above worthwhile? How did you fix your skin problems if any? confused

Thanks much to all for their time. smile

I think I had to use Retina A a cuople of years back, its good stuff but make sure you use it!

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Roland
I used to have bad acne and it sucked. I was never put on pills, used any of those gels or used a pumpkin mask but I have used ProActiv for a year or so and it has worked wonders. smile

WHAT is it with ProActive...how does it work for everyone?! confused

Roland
It's really great and I think some people think it doesn't work because it does take a week or two to really notice results but after you're on it a month you barely remember you had acne.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by amity75
I remember I had a kinda tetracyclene paste to put on. Tho my acne was never bad and I'm sure yours isn't too bad either Punkyhermy. smile

No...it isn't VERY bad...but I'm just tired of it altogether...

Punkyhermy
It's really great and I think some people think it doesn't work because it does take a week or two to really notice results but after you're on it a month you barely remember you had acne.

wow...that's VERY tempting...what about blackheads and stuff?

Roland
wow...that's VERY tempting...what about blackheads and stuff?

Three steps to ProActiv. smile

1. A scrub that has little bumpy solid things in it that help remove the blackheads and whiteheads. You gotta rub it for around 2 mins on your face and then wash it off.

2. A repairing liquid that helps with blackheads and whiteheads as well. Apply it with a cotton ball.

3. A repairing lotion that helps maintain your face.

Trust me if you get a chance invest in it do it. $70 is a bit pricy but it is well worth it.

Punkyhermy
Three steps to ProActiv. smile

1. A scrub that has little bumpy solid things in it that help remove the blackheads and whiteheads. You gotta rub it for around 2 mins on your face and then wash it off.

2. A repairing liquid that helps with blackheads and whiteheads as well. Apply it with a cotton ball.

3. A repairing lotion that helps maintain your face.

Trust me if you get a chance invest in it. $70 is a bit pricy but it is well worth it.

hmm..yeah I intend to if this dermatologist recomended stuff doesnt.

Thorinn

Thanks much to all for their time. smile Try pro-active solution. smile

Barker
srug

I use this Avon stuff every time I get a Pimple or something- Clears up within a day or two.

silver_tears
It's so odd to hear that males use Avon stuff to clear a pimple stick out tongue

LanceWindu
I never had bad acne...the occasional pimple was about it. srug

silver_tears
Same, and I choose to not treat it with anything because I dont wanna get like a dependence for it stick out tongue

Barker
Originally posted by silver_tears
It's so odd to hear that males use Avon stuff to clear a pimple stick out tongue
I'm too Lazy/proud to walk into a real store and buy something, and I'm a lot like Lance, apparently.

silver_tears
I'm actually surprised you use anything at all, like no offense to you or anything, it speaks volumes for you, and I can totally respect that, but I havent encountered many guys who use acne stuff unless their acne is brutal erm

Soleran
lol or meet a few older guys that get the cream thats skin colored to hide them from clients, haha

Barker
I just like Smooth Skin. barker

Dirty Vader
I used to have it. People mocked me for it for a while too : P

I used to use clearasil to try and get rid of it, but the truth of it is, clearasil doesn't work. If anything, it seems to give you more spots rather than eliminating them.

Salted water is a good method, or having a swim in the sea. Might sound like bollocks to you but it does work. It dries the spots up and then they just fall.

One problem I had was I couldn't stop scratching my achne spots. By all means don't, it makes more and more appear. Oh and if you do it excessively, you'll get hole scars in your face.

Opaleye92
I've never had really bad acne, but i knew i would get it, i started breaking out, so i ordered Proactiv, it works really well, u should try it wink

silver_tears
Originally posted by Soleran
lol or meet a few older guys that get the cream thats skin colored to hide them from clients, haha

S'called cover up hm

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Opaleye92
I've never had really bad acne, but i knew i would get it, i started breaking out, so i ordered Proactiv, it works really well, u should try it wink
proactive works for everyone, eh?

Opaleye92
proactive works for everyone, eh?

well, probably, unless ur allergic to it, in which case u should talk to ur dermatologist big grin

Morgoths_Wrath
proactiv yes

thumbup

Flamboyant4Life
Yeah, I have minor acne. Nothing bad at all I just don't like it, so I went to the dermatologist and he gave me Retina-A It works really well if you use it consistently. He also gave me these pads to use that clean your face and it has medicine too. Works well.

Nazgulinthedark
i don't have acne w00t sometimes I get little red bumps but a bit of clearasil makes it go away happy

Inspectah Deck
i use a cream calOriginally posted by Thorinn
Try pro-active solution. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.