The Black Pearl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sccch
It seems Jack has been with his 'Pearl' along time. This is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
'...one can find that Jack Sparrow was at one point employed by the East India Trading Company. He helmed the Wicked Wench, an EITC merchant vessel, performing odd jobs for Lord Cutler Beckett. However, after refusing to transport slaves, Beckett sanctioned the torching (and sinking) of the Wicked Wench, and branded Jack Sparrow a pirate. Jack came to embrace his outlaw status and became a very successful pirate, with no desire to return to life under the command of others. Later, Jack petitioned Davy Jones to retrieve his ship that he rechristened as The Black Pearl. '
I was shocked when I found out he worked for Beckett.What do you guys think about this information?

ESB -1138
Old news

sccch
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Old news
You know,I don't think I've seen you in these parts before.vampire

jdl1224
ESB- 1138 leaves random posts but never back it up. he did it to me too.

yeah, i had read that before too. suposedly the boat was sinking and Jack was on the verge of dieing when Davy found him. They made a deal for Jack to be captain of the pearl for i think 13 years. Thats why in the 2nd on Davy is talking about the deal they made and thats the reason the beastie is after him because his time is up. He's supposed to work for Davy now.

So yeah. I've heard that though. I found it mighty interesting myself. smile

sccch
I've known about it for awhile too,but I didn't know he worked for Beckett.

diddly-dum
wow,.. um. You think they would have explained that in the movie!!! Instead we have to dig for it!! miffed
wel,I guess it goes with the theme for the movie! lol

sccch
No wonder Jack hates Beckett so much. Jack refused to do something,so Beckett sunk his ship an branded him a pirate for it.He was never REALLY a pirate.

diddly-dum
He was framed!

sccch
Not really framed.But because he didn't transport slaves,Beckett branded him a pirate.

diddly-dum
soo,.. Jack is good,...

sccch
Yes, Jack is very,very good.

diddly-dum
Thought so!
*does boggie dance*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.