Whob made a point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
With a sock account, no less.

Billyjoebobsue was the pseudonym, I believe, or at least something similar to that (billybobjoesue, perhaps?).

You see, in one of the threads, whob commented that the sock had lost its virginity at the age of nine (I believe, I have been looking for the exact post but haven't been able to find it). The sock had apparently had sexual intercourse with a number of older men and now was allegedly going to elope with some 32-year-old to the Philippines. They also had adopted a child, it seems.

Anyay, I was extremely dismayed by the responses people posted.

Not one post of outrage was present. Not a single post of "What the ****?" Not a single post involving "He's a sexual predator...why hasn't someone told your parents and/or reported this to the police?" NOT A SINGLE POST. In fact, people were all yippee-skippy about ****ing tolerance.

WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL IS THAT BULLSHIT.

We are talking about a thirteen or fourteen-year-old girl running off with a child molester. And everyone's all accepting about it.

I edited my original post as I realized that there was no way in hell the sock could be in the actual situation, but I had not said anything against it. And that, my fellow posters, disturbs me. I was afraid of what KMC would say to whatever condemning response I might come up with. Isn't that silly? Afraid...of posters who don't even know me?

But that's what happened. Personally, I'm disgusted with myself, and I'm embarrassed about my action (well, inaction).

As the title says, whob made a point. A pointed point. Now, the question is, why did we do this? Accept the relationship, that is. Why wouldn't we be shocked and horrified by the prospect of a child molester running off with his "life partner" and a baby?

It seems inconceivable to me that any sane person would be accepting of this. But, unless people on KMC are insane--which I highly doubt--I can't think of a legitimate reason for this behavior.

PVS
1- not my problem

2- i dont care

3-**** em

xmarksthespot
The title of this thread is a contradiction in terms.

PVS
thats right feceman. no response because you know i'm right. why?
because you dont give a **** either. and you are just for not caring.
"predators" dont just scoop up innocent little girls, they pick up neglected
little crackwhore larvae, neglected from birth and screwed for life. so now we have to police the internet?

fine then, if you're serious and concerned about people's attitudes, keep in mind that "ZOMG HOW COULD YOU!!!!111" on a movie forum is meaningless, while reporting them to fbi.gov and not posting a damn thing here is the only way to do anything useful.

FeceMan
What in the **** are you babbling about? I logged off for awhile. Your response isn't even conducive to discussion.

Lana
I think the reason no one said anything because most people probably knew it was whob purposely trying to go over the top in order to provoke people.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Lana
I think the reason no one said anything because most people probably knew it was whob purposely trying to go over the top in order to provoke people.
Possibly. But some of the people believed him.

tabby999
it was in the "pedophile party runs in the Neatherlands" thread i believe

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by FeceMan
Possibly. But some of the people believed him. I doubt that. Whobsocks attention whore more than Star Jones.

PVS
What in the **** are you babbling about? I logged off for awhile. Your response isn't even conducive to discussion.

i saw your status online. you were replying to my post and then....*poof*. i see all detective

their really is no issue to discuss. what should people say?
if i posted that i like to shoot kittens as a hobby, and you were convinced that i was serious, would you either:

1-report me to the aspca

2-not bother

3-post your feelings of outrage on a movie forum

whob made no point other than that he is a depraved lowlife sociapath with no job

ElectricKoolAid
Originally posted by PVS
thats right feceman. no response because you know i'm right. why?
because you dont give a **** either. and you are just for not caring.
"predators" dont just scoop up innocent little girls, they pick up neglected
little crackwhore larvae, neglected from birth and screwed for life. so now we have to police the internet?

fine then, if you're serious and concerned about people's attitudes, keep in mind that "ZOMG HOW COULD YOU!!!!111" on a movie forum is meaningless, while reporting them to fbi.gov and not posting a damn thing here is the only way to do anything useful. What a scumbag attitude you have.

"Neglected little crackwhore larvae" aren't innocent little girls too? I guess they chose to be born into that scenario, huh? I forgot, it's only an issue when Sally McSuburbanite gets kidnapped from some New Jersey mall, who gives a **** if it's some poor kid with a ****ed up family, their life sucks anyways.

PVS
Originally posted by ElectricKoolAid
What a scumbag attitude you have.

"Neglected little crackwhore larvae" aren't innocent little girls too? I guess they chose to be born into that scenario, huh? I forgot, it's only an issue when Sally McSuburbanite gets kidnapped from some New Jersey mall, who gives a **** if it's some poor kid with a ****ed up family, their life sucks anyways.

the point is there is no chance that some random screenname will have any effect on them.

i think the real idiotic thing to do is use it to fuel a need to create public drama and get applause from your peers in a "me too!!!" session of condemnation. if there really was such a case, and this was all the help that could be offered, then here is a little girl who is screwed regardless.

the useful thing to do would be to report them to the fbi. they have a very convenient system of online reporting. someone who would rather pretentiously blab about it to feel important than take a few seconds and point the authorities in the right direction are............whats that word you used?

ElectricKoolAid
That's all good, but that's not what you said. you said:

What, were you kidding or something?

PVS
no i wasnt. little girls who seek out creepy old men are...how do you say...."****ed". its not a 'phase'. its not some random mental illness. its not a result of "hanging with the wrong crowd". that is a result of completely disfunctional parenting. in such a case the only hope is getting her help that nobody here can give. as long as these children are still in that environment, and not taken out and given a chance....well they probably wont become a doctor or a lawyer, if you catch my meaning.

:edit: ...and by 'dysfunctional parenting' i mean ranging from complete neglect to physical and/or sexual abuse.

ElectricKoolAid
They aren't beyond help. Maybe you're beyond caring, but that doesn't mean the issue conveniently disappears.

PVS
They aren't beyond help. Maybe you're beyond caring, but that doesn't mean the issue conveniently disappears.

yes, lets get together on teh internet and care. because getting together and publically validating ourselves as good people on a movie forum is what helps the children.

and as i said, if i suspected that it was genuine, i would have reported the poster to the f.b.i. then, knowing i did all i could do for this random person, once again, i would cease to give a shit.

They aren't beyond help.

oh, you are right sad i shouldnt have said that they could possibly be helped....oh thats right, i did:
Originally posted by PVS

the useful thing to do would be to report them to the fbi.

Originally posted by PVS
in in such a case the only hope is getting her help that nobody here can give.

ElectricKoolAid
You're right, that's my bad, I thought you said "help that nobody can give" not "help that nobody here can give."

I was never saying that it's a nobel thing to sit around condemning it on the internet. I was only responding to the attitude in your comment about the neglected crackwhore larvae. Just seems like a shitty point of view.

PVS
Just seems like a shitty point of view.

should i have worded it differently? more gently? would it change the fact that they will most likely end up junkies and/or whores?

and no problem on the misinterpretation, i've done it many times myself.

ElectricKoolAid
No it's not saying that they'll be junkies or whores, it's stating it as a reason not to care.

PVS
No it's not saying that they'll be junkies or whores, it's stating it as a reason not to care.

why should i care if i cant help them and dont know them?
if i can do something, great. however im not going to try to reason
with someone who is apparently mentally unstable. that would be completely reckless, dont you think?
so why should i care? not rhetoric, im asking: why should i care?

PVS
Originally posted by PVS

fine then, if you're serious and concerned about people's attitudes, keep in mind that "ZOMG HOW COULD YOU!!!!111" on a movie forum is meaningless, while reporting them to fbi.gov and not posting a damn thing here is the only way to do anything useful.

i just caught this. it seems i mistakenly suggested that feceman report people who's attitudes he doesnt like to the f.b.i.

it was just a typo fece. put the phone down.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is a silly thread. Anyone with a worthy opinion would know the user is a loser...'billybobjoesue'? Sounds like a legitimate member to me...

PVS
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
the user is a loser.

GET BACK TO YER SILLY LITTLE POETRY THREADS!!!!!!!

ElectricKoolAid
PVS, you don't have to care, I'm not telling you to care, you care about whatever you want to care about. I was saying it's a shitty way to look at things. I'm not telling you to change. If "compassion for your fellow man" isn't enough for you to care that some 14 year old is going to throw her life away then maybe you should just move on..

Capt_Fantastic

Billyjoebobsue was the pseudonym, I believe, or at least something similar to that (billybobjoesue, perhaps?).

You see, in one of the threads, whob commented that the sock had lost its virginity at the age of nine (I believe, I have been looking for the exact post but haven't been able to find it). The sock had apparently had sexual intercourse with a number of older men and now was allegedly going to elope with some 32-year-old to the Philippines. They also had adopted a child, it seems.

Not one post of outrage was present. Not a single post of "What the ****?" Not a single post involving "He's a sexual predator...why hasn't someone told your parents and/or reported this to the police?" NOT A SINGLE POST. In fact, people were all yippee-skippy about ****ing tolerance.

We are talking about a thirteen or fourteen-year-old girl running off with a child molester. And everyone's all accepting about it.

I edited my original post as I realized that there was no way in hell the sock could be in the actual situation, but I had not said anything against it. And that, my fellow posters, disturbs me. I was afraid of what KMC would say to whatever condemning response I might come up with. Isn't that silly? Afraid...of posters who don't even know me?

But that's what happened. Personally, I'm disgusted with myself, and I'm embarrassed about my action (well, inaction).

As the title says, whob made a point. A pointed point. Now, the question is, why did we do this? Accept the relationship, that is. Why wouldn't we be shocked and horrified by the prospect of a child molester running off with his "life partner" and a baby?

It seems inconceivable to me that any sane person would be accepting of this. But, unless people on KMC are insane--which I highly doubt--I can't think of a legitimate reason for this behavior.

Bullshit! Don't be so ****ing stupid!!!! I really do expect more for you than this post inplies! As far as I'm concerned "shame on you" for even addressing this stupidity. Address an issue, not a poster that has gone out of his way to agree with your beliefs! I really thought more of you.

BackFire
Rule of thumb on this site now, whenever a new members comes on and starts making over the top sexual claims like that, it's whob. Everyone knows it's whob, and those who don't know that it's whob thinks its some random dumbass joking around.

No one takes shit seriously on message boards, and for good reason, most of the time it's bullshit. Like the boy who cried wolf, so many things that sound ****ed up end up being totally false that people now meet everything with a certain skepticism. And they're usually right in doing so.

People "accepted" the relationship because no one thought it was for real.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Rule of thumb on this site now, whenever a new members comes on and starts making over the top sexual claims like that, it's whob. Everyone knows it's whob, and those who don't know that it's whob thinks its some random dumbass joking around.

No one takes shit seriously on message boards, and for good reason, most of the time it's bullshit. Like the boy who cried wolf, so many things that sound ****ed up end up being totally false that people now meet everything with a certain skepticism. And they're usually right in doing so.

People "accepted" the relationship because no one thought it was for real.

Like what I said, but with big brass bells on. Good stuff.

BackFire
Like what I said, but with big brass balls. Good stuff.

Now it's right.

Victor Von Doom
I'M OUTRAGED!

Who's with me?

Come onnn.

Ushgarak
"We are talking about a thirteen or fourteen-year-old girl running off with a child molester."

Perfectly legal for someone of that age to have a sexual relationship with someone in several countries represented in these forums.

Though before you make that an excuse to decry Europe... legal to get married at that age in some US States.

Even if it was not for the fact that people were ignoring it because it was all bullshit, it is not as if he was talking about burning people on crucifixes.

Alpha Centauri
Rabble! Rabblerabblerabblerabble!

To steal from South Park.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
Now it's right.

You forgot to qualify it by adding the adjective 'soft'. If you did that, then it would be right. Oh wait...Can you have 'big brass soft balls'? Dunno...

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I'M OUTRAGED!

Who's with me?

Come onnn.

You're right! I'm with y-y-you! Let's burn all the babies heads! NOW! THE SEXUAL ABUSE MUST STOP!

Regret

Study the Kitty Genovese case as well as research on the Bystander Effect, Pluralistic Ignorance, Diffusion of Responsibility and Audience Inhibition. These concepts are what you are referring to.

Audience Inhibition is what was described here: "I was afraid of what KMC would say to whatever condemning response I might come up with. Isn't that silly? Afraid...of posters who don't even know me?"

Take a Social Psychology course from a decent Social Psychologist and you can have an in depth discussion on the phenomenon. They aren't new, and occur in more severe cases. They have been observed repeatedly.

PVS
I'M OUTRAGED!

Who's with me?

Come onnn.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Rabble! Rabblerabblerabblerabble!

To steal from South Park.

-AC

laughing out loud at least you guys understand me. i feel like im surrounded by weeping nannies with no common sense sometimes.

debbiejo
This is a silly thread. Anyone with a worthy opinion would know the user is a loser...'billybobjoesue'? Sounds like a legitimate member to me... Ha ha.............I just to jump in (as I always do) Where's Botankus with those yummy chicken wings.???

eat

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Regret
Study the Kitty Genovese case as well as research on the Bystander Effect, Pluralistic Ignorance, Diffusion of Responsibility and Audience Inhibition. These concepts are what you are referring to.

Audience Inhibition is what was described here: "I was afraid of what KMC would say to whatever condemning response I might come up with. Isn't that silly? Afraid...of posters who don't even know me?"

Take a Social Psychology course from a decent Social Psychologist and you can have an in depth discussion on the phenomenon. They aren't new, and occur in more severe cases. They have been observed repeatedly.

I don't think it was that, it was more that people A) knew it wasn't genuine, and B) gave not a shit regardless.

Regret
I don't think it was that, it was more that people A) knew it wasn't genuine, and B) gave not a shit regardless.

All the same, Feceman described audience inhibition. So, for his part Feceman did indeed follow the social psych prediction in the scenario described. If he did, others may have as well. And your statements support social psychology's explanation as well. Although most social psychologists tried to stay away from the no one "gave a shit" explanation.

Victor Von Doom
All the same, Feceman described audience inhibition. So, for his part Feceman did indeed follow the social psych prediction in the scenario described. If he did, others may have as well. And your statements support social psychology's explanation as well. Although most social psychologists tried to stay away from the no one "gave a shit" explanation.

Yeah, would be too easy wouldn't it.

$noopbert
Originally posted by Lana
I think the reason no one said anything because most people probably knew it was whob purposely trying to go over the top in order to provoke people. thumb up

Ya Krunk'd Floo

"Look at me! I just read a book without any pictures in it! Can someone pat me on the head and tell me I'm a good boy?"

Victor Von Doom
"Look at me! I just read a book without any pictures in it! Can someone pat me on the head and tell me I'm a good boy?"

Projection. Cognitive dissonance, Lacanian mirror theory.

The uncanny.

Bardock42

1st I knew it was whob

2nd I was hardly disgusted

3rd I know there's a third point, I am just not yet aware what it is, I suppose I will have to see your reply to know for sure.

botankus
Where is this so-called thread?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Projection. Cognitive dissonance, Lacanian mirror theory.

The uncanny.

I like you a little bit less, but also a little bit more.

love

PVS
well i hate each and every one of you.

botankus

All this typing must have taken a while. How about trying to fit in a link to the reference thread while you're pedaling away on the keyboard?

Imperial_Samura
This kind of Whob antic is nothing knew. In his own twisted world of impotent rage and fearful irrelevancy and weakness he thinks he is a making a point by pretending to be gay or pro-abortion or whatever and in order to demonize such groups he also adds aspects that are socially, legally etc. to them. The pro-abortionist who believes it is justifiable infanticide and proud of it, the gay poster willingly engaged in pedophilia.

Tis a joke, and any response just serves in provoking a spray of lies or invective (I should know, I have on a couple of occasions argued against his socks both wittingly and unwittingly.) Nothing is served from it seems in the time before the sock gets banned.

PVS

oh, forgot to add, if this is a coded way of telling everyone that the point is that the forum is dominated by overtolerant liberals, its clearly shot to pieces....not that thats what you were implying....in fact im almost positive it wasnt....almost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.