Geroge lucus said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I was reading a mag today and it was about the up comming OOT and in there GL says that the VHS copy's off the OOT wont last 30 or 40 years thats why he is bringing out the OOT eek!

I wish he worked that out before roll eyes (sarcastic)

The mag was so expensive !! is it becouse its SW ? confused

JediLowbacca
im sorry whats a OOT lol

coolmovies
Your a fan u should know

overlord
I love the common spelling error that is Geroge Lucus but OOT.. Original original trilogy? Come on..

coolmovies
Sorry mate

ESB -1138
Originally posted by overlord
I love the common spelling error that is Geroge Lucus but OOT.. Original original trilogy? Come on..

So the Original special trilogy doesn't get confused

Barker
What the f**k?

coolmovies
only a month left till they are out

JediLowbacca
I have the Orignal Box set and i think it works fine it has to be at least 20-25 years old now heh

coolmovies
I saw a box set for sale in the market but did not pick it up coz l hate lucus and i dont wanna give my money to him

Darth Subjekt
then why are you so excited? Its inevetible. Lucas will get your money. he's like Chuck Norris...when George Lucas sells something, he doesnt get money, the money gets George Lucas.

coolmovies
Theres another TIN set on the market

queeq
I have all of them, but not the tin set. It doesn't exist in europe.

ToMacco
I think there should be an original second edition special edition digitally enhanced THX edition edition edition.

No matter how many editions that jackass Lucas puts out, idiots like us will buy them all up.

coolmovies
Wait for the 14 disk set next year

ToMacco
I'll buy it. embarrasment

coolmovies
I hope he makes it like the alien box set

queeq
Ooooh.... that would be awesome. Still the bet box set around.

jainasolo55
honestly i cant understand why he cant just realese the original trilogy, the special edition, and whatever the new ones called... the special speical edition(?) on dvd all together at the same time

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by jainasolo55
honestly i cant understand why he cant just realese the original trilogy, the special edition, and whatever the new ones called... the special speical edition(?) on dvd all together at the same time would you release every possible formatt at the same time if you could make ooddles and ooddles of money by releasing the dif. formatts out 1 by 1....... i think not. get a clue, some of the marketing isnt intentional. they do special editions and remakes to preservere and improve on the original screen play. Since Star Wars was put together under a strict time frame and buget. about 85% of George Lucusas ideas were set on film back in the 70's. Computers make it so much easier to clean up and add finer details to the film. Happy Dance

queeq
Well, GL just wants the most ultimate version around, closest to his vision. I can respect that. I think he release the original versions under public pressure, but he won't remaster or restore the original versions. In a way, he is fairly consistent with his 'films are not finished, only abandonded" approach...

Howvere, the SE and the DVD editions of the OT did not make history. The original versions did.

jainasolo55
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
would you release every possible formatt at the same time if you could make ooddles and ooddles of money by releasing the dif. formatts out 1 by 1....... i think not. get a clue, some of the marketing isnt intentional. they do special editions and remakes to preservere and improve on the original screen play. Since Star Wars was put together under a strict time frame and buget. about 85% of George Lucusas ideas were set on film back in the 70's. Computers make it so much easier to clean up and add finer details to the film. Happy Dance

well duh he obviously wants to make more money but its just annoying

jainasolo55
Originally posted by queeq
Well, GL just wants the most ultimate version around, closest to his vision. I can respect that. I think he release the original versions under public pressure, but he won't remaster or restore the original versions. In a way, he is fairly consistent with his 'films are not finished, only abandonded" approach...

Howvere, the SE and the DVD editions of the OT did not make history. The original versions did.

i can understand that its the same thing with art, its never finished the artist wants to keep perfecting it and that is what GLs doing with SW hes obviously not going with what the fans want but with what HE wants which i think is a good thing and a bad thing

queeq
It's a good thing for a filmmaker to trust his own intuition. It's a bad thing if it doesn't work out too well.
I myself was really quite shocked how he changed the original groundbreaking look of SW, expecially ANH: the clear, somewhat palish look, verym neutral en documentary styled. THat was an awesome approach at the time, adding much to its reality, fitting in perfectly in lucas' 'used future' ideas. Even though lucas wanted it heavily filtered, the cameraman really made the perfect choice for Lucas. And now he reworked it and basically screwed it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.