JLU Captain Atom vs. JLU Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
In the cartoon, both of them gave Superman a pretty good battle. So who wins this one?

soxfn89
Captain atom

batdude123
That's who I thought too. erm

Validus
Based on their showings against Superman? Both of them were punked.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus

Captain Atom lasted longer. erm

Validus
My memory is fuzzy but he was hitting Supes with red sun radiation and Superman was just trying to buy time for Huntress and Question (I think). He was owned pretty easily when Clark got serious.

Marvel just got treated like a total newb in that episode but he did land some impressive shots. More impressive than Atom.

Plus I remember Batman saying Captain Atom was only around Mach 2 which is pretty slow.

batdude123
My memory is fuzzy but he was hitting Supes with red sun radiation and Superman was just trying to buy time for Huntress and Question (I think). He was owned pretty easily when Clark got serious.

Marvel just got treated like a total newb in that episode but he did land some impressive shots. More impressive than Atom.

Plus I remember Batman saying Captain Atom was only around Mach 2 which is pretty slow.

Yeah, pretty much. erm

badabing
In the cartoon, Atom gave Supes a better fight. IMO, Atom would have won the fight if he hadn't turned his back on Supes after the first knockdown.

batdude123
Actually, after watching this again, imo Captain Atom was more impressive (at least in the beginning):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o4DKfQuoJGw&mode=related&search=superman%20vs

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Actually, after watching this again, imo Captain Atom was more impressive (at least in the beginning):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o4DKfQuoJGw&mode=related&search=superman%20vs
See, he had Superman down and TURNED HIS BACK! What the Hell?

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
See, he had Superman down and TURNED HIS BACK! What the Hell?

To be fair, I seriously doubt that would've ended the battle regardless. Also, Superman was about to punch Atom's face, but he stopped. erm

Validus
Atom did better against Supes but there isn't a weakness for him to exploit against Billy.

batdude123
Atom did better against Supes but there isn't a weakness for him to exploit against Billy.

Yeah, but it didn't seem like Supes was TOO effected by it. erm And Atom is more than red sun radiation obviously.

Billy was basically thrashed until he grabbed Superman from behind and yelled 'SHAZAM' a couple times.

But meh. Imo: 6/10 for Atom. smile

Validus
Marvel was portrayed as Superman's physical equal only without the experience. If Atom couldn't even come close to putting down Superman even with an exploitation, how does he beat Marvel?

batdude123
Marvel was portrayed as Superman's physical equal only without the experience. If Atom couldn't even come close to putting down Superman even with an exploitation, how does he beat Marvel?

Marvel couldn't put down Superman either.

Validus
Marvel couldn't put down Superman either.
Because of experience as I said. Doesn't change the fact that Atom's punches and energy blasts probably wouldn't do anything to harm him.

batdude123
Because of experience as I said. Doesn't change the fact that Atom's punches and energy blasts probably wouldn't do anything to harm him.

And also, Shazam used magic blasts as well on Superman, and it didn't help any. baka

King_Mungi
And also, Shazam used magic blasts as well on Superman, and it didn't help any. baka

Sure it did, Superman was taking serious damage but did the old cover the mouth trick

I'm giving Captain Marvel the majority in this thread, Atom doesn't have an advantage to exploit against Marvel.

batdude123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Sure it did, Superman was taking serious damage but did the old cover the mouth trick

I'm giving Captain Marvel the majority in this thread, Atom doesn't have an advantage to exploit against Marvel.

I see... Cap Marvel 6/10. baka

batdude123
But, to be fair, Atom is a lot more versatile.

King_Mungi
But, to be fair, Atom is a lot more versatile.

Sure, but when most of his versitility is useless against Marvel does it even matter what different powers you have?

batdude123
Sure, but when most of his versitility is useless against Marvel does it even matter what different powers you have?

He sure as hell could beat Marvel. He as access to limitless amounts of every type of energy there is. Not saying he could exploit weaknesses or anything like that, but he could garner a few wins.

Meh. The cartoon isn't the comics. shifty

King_Mungi
He sure as hell could beat Marvel. He as access to limitless amounts of every type of energy there is. Not saying he could exploit weaknesses or anything like that, but he could garner a few wins.

Meh. The cartoon isn't the comics. shifty

Sure he could, I'm not saying Marvel wins via curb stomp

Yeah it's not like Captain Atom was nearly beaten to death by Mary Marvel or anything...wait a minute :P

batdude123
Yeah it's not like Captain Atom was nearly beaten to death by Mary Marvel or anything...wait a minute :P

Was that even canon? And that was an extremely low showing for him. We're talking about a guy who hung around Hal Jordan for a while and beat him.

Validus
Was that even canon? And that was an extremely low showing for him. We're talking about a guy who hung around Hal Jordan for a while and beat him.
Well every character has ONE high showing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

King_Mungi

Yeah it's canon, I don't know why some think it wasn't. Even had Atom in his Armagedon gold attire before it happened.

Captain Marvel can probally do the same as Superman can (hang with Hal). I'm sure they fought before (Hal and Marvel), but I have to check on what the outcome was.

batdude123
Well every character has ONE high showing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cry Well writers are dumbasses when it comes to using his powers properly!!! mad mad

King_Mungi
cry Well writers are dumbasses when it comes to using his powers properly!!! mad mad

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alpha Flight

batdude123
Yeah it's canon, I don't know why some think it wasn't. Even had Atom in his Armagedon gold attire before it happened.

Captain Marvel can probally do the same as Superman can (hang with Hal). I'm sure they fought before (Hal and Marvel), but I have to check on what the outcome was.

No, I'm saying Atom beat Jordan.

batdude123
Welcome to the wonderful world of Alpha Flight

big grin

King_Mungi
No, I'm saying Atom beat Jordan.

I know, and Superman has beaten GL's before as well and C.M is Superman's physical equal.

batdude123
I know, and Superman has beaten GL's before as well and C.M is Superman's physical equal.

Yeah, but Jordan's beaten Superman.

bigbran
Yeah, but Jordan's beaten Superman. you mean super ham.

batdude123
Anyway, Superman would probably beat Atom via the speedblitz. Or, you'd probably see what happened in the cartoon in a comic.

Validus
I think every member of the JLA has gone solo against the team at one point or another. laughing out loud

batdude123
I think every member of the JLA has gone solo against the team at one point or another. laughing out loud

Pretty much. laughing out loud

outavodka
All i know is you dont bet against billy. Unless spectre or some othr bs superpower above him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.