Saints Row

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Daedalus
I got the demo off the 360 Marketplace a couple of days ago, and I play it more than my other games.

The gameplay is awesome, its good to see that there's finally a game out there that could compete with the GTA series, and it has online multiplayer too! eek!

Anyone else pre-ordered this game yet?

Smasandian
I'm going to wait and see if it's good or not.

The demo is alright but I got a few things that quirked me.
1. It's too much like GTA, especially San Andreas.
2. I hope the main characters speaks, because the type of gameplay doesnt really bode well with the whole Half Life cinematic perspective.
3. Maybe its my TV, but the driving feels incredibly loose.
4. The mains problems I found about GTA, are present in Saints Row, especially the crappy shooting mechanics and the draw distance.

I do like how next gen brings the atmosphere of this type of game in more with somewhat realistic car damaging and much better graphics, but I'm going to wait and see to buy it.

It brings me to wonder how Rockstar will do with GTA4.

Overall, the game feels solid to play, and Ill probably pick up if its good and

DanZeke25
If I get a 360, I'm getting this.

IceJaw
I liked it but as Smas said, it has some problems but I'm gonna get it, should make a good replacement before GTA 4 comes out big grin

H. S. 6
I thought the demo was fantabulous. I'm definitely picking this one up.

BackFire
The demo seems pretty sweet, but like Smas, I'll wait and see when the full game is released.

IceJaw
The driving felt wierd, a bit too "swingy", no real physics but the car explosions are so bloody awesome droolio

Oh, have you guys tried the pipe bombs?

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, I like urban warfare games.

Smasandian
Originally posted by IceJaw
The driving felt wierd, a bit too "swingy", no real physics but the car explosions are so bloody awesome droolio

Oh, have you guys tried the pipe bombs?

I had the same feeling also...its really hard for me to turn into a different street while going fast. I guess the decision was to make an semi realisitic driving physics.

WrathfulDwarf
Play the demo on the weekend and I was quite impress with this title. It does feel like a GTA game. I love the physics of the game. When you kill or beat up anyone the body stays there. You can keep punching and kicking the body and it will just change positions. It doesn't disappear...pretty neat. The controllers feel smooth while driving and hijacking cars. I most likely be getting the game.

PVS
if multiplayer is done properly, i can picture this game being very fun

El_NINO
Ill be pickin this game up when it comes on sale for sure. Might I add Im lovin the XBOX360 I just bought.

Smasandian
Originally posted by El_NINO
Ill be pickin this game up when it comes on sale for sure. Might I add Im lovin the XBOX360 I just bought.

Good good...what games have you played ?

El_NINO
I have PGR3, I tried Fight Night and FIFA 2006: Road to World Cup.

Smasandian
Oh Road to World Cup is brutal...the new version is alot better.

AstroFan
The demo was great, but Im worried about the size of the game. GTA-SA gave us an entire state, but this is one city, and since its an obvious GTA clone, that is dissapointing.

Smasandian
I think its pretty big....but I dont know, Ill probably end up getting this unless it really sucks...but in terms of size of the place, I dont know how big it is..

Hopefully as big as SA, or have the city, but have country around it like Mafia.

AstroFan
ONe thing going for the game is the physics, I blew up a car and the door spun off and killed a woman, now that shit is cool. laughing out loud

IceJaw
laughing

Same thing happened for me but with a trashbag laughing

Smasandian
They're is a few things that I like about it but pretty much everything has to do with being next-gen. But what I'm worried about is the missions because the first few kinda blowed. But it is a demo.

IceJaw
I liked the missions confused

Smasandian
I thought they sucked.

It was way to similar to GTAmessedA.

IceJaw
haha, you didnt edit............no expression

Smasandian
oh, whatever.

~Flamboyant~
Where can I get this demo? Does it cost any $$?

Smasandian
Over XBOX Live Marketplace.

In demo section

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by Smasandian
Over XBOX Live Marketplace.

In demo section OK thanks.

Spartan005
Originally posted by AstroFan
The demo was great, but Im worried about the size of the game. GTA-SA gave us an entire state, but this is one city, and since its an obvious GTA clone, that is dissapointing.

I think its about the same size as San Andreas, b/c if you look at the map and zoom out, the demo section is barely 1/10 of the actual game raver

Anyway it looks pretty damn good (especially the explosions) but I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit

AstroFan
Any early buyers have impressions? big grin

AstroFan
Nevermind, I picked it up at blockbuster earlier. stick out tongue

Played to where the demo ends, so I cant say much. lol

hell_soldier
I preordered it . Ithought the Graohics were really nice and i like it how everybody is holding their weapons and talking some serious trash talk. Also you can pick what race your character is going to be.

AstroFan
Ok, first off, as stated in every review of the game, this is the most blatant ripoff of any game I have ever seen. laughing out loud

But its still incredibly enjoyable, its behind GTA in some respects, but miles ahead in others. I havent gotten into a real big online game yet, so I cant say much about it.

I love the customization, and the bigger garages. I just need to get to the point where i have more money. lol

Smasandian
I heared the online was alright, but not really that good. More of an tacked on at the last minute kinda of thing.

AstroFan
Nothing spectacular, but gotta give them credit for trying. Kinda forces GTA's hand.

Smasandian
Yeah...but they didnt really do anything special.

Just because its GTA game and they put MP in it doesnt make them special. All they did from what I read the reveiws was take team deathmatch and put thugs into it. And they're big innovation for the MP was that you can get gangs together...WOW you mean clans?

It does force GTA hands a bit, but I rather have a better single player game for GTA4 than Rockstar putting efforts into an subpar MP for the sake of having it. It doesnt matter really, these games are soo big and involved that online is pretty much a waste of time.

Ah well, atleast the main game is pretty good.

H. S. 6

Just because its GTA game and they put MP in it doesnt make them special. All they did from what I read the reveiws was take team deathmatch and put thugs into it. And they're big innovation for the MP was that you can get gangs together...WOW you mean clans?

It does force GTA hands a bit, but I rather have a better single player game for GTA4 than Rockstar putting efforts into an subpar MP for the sake of having it. It doesnt matter really, these games are soo big and involved that online is pretty much a waste of time.

Really? I've been thinking GTA has been sorely lacking multiplayer since GTA 3 now... Besides that, the reviews I've read think the multiplayer is well done, not just something "tacked on."

Meh, I'll be renting this game soon. I'll make sure I tell you all what I think.

AstroFan

But they showed that you can put a full fledged single player game in as well as multiplayer.

Smasandian
But not an intriguing multiplayer. All it is deathmatch and other similiar things. Am I wrong about this?

Im not saying this game is good or bad. I havnt played it yet, and probalby going to pick up because I like these types of games.

I'm actually looking forward to Just Cause over Saints Row.

H. S. 6
But not an intriguing multiplayer. All it is deathmatch and other similiar things. Am I wrong about this?

Im not saying this game is good or bad. I havnt played it yet, and probalby going to pick up because I like these types of games.

I'm actually looking forward to Just Cause over Saints Row.

There are two "deathmatch" gametypes. The other two, however, aren't just the usual kill-the-enemy types; they require teamwork, strategy, and involve quite a bit of depth (at least in IGN's opinion).

Smasandian
I guess it's what review people have read.

Gamespot on the other hand, (which I value more as an reviewer than IGN) said it was tacked on.

MadMel
the reviews for ign i dont really like...they have (in my opinion) made mistakes about every game ive bought...evil zone for ps1, for example, had easily the best controls for a fighting game, except for super msah bros...ign bagged out their controls..
another example is Star wars BF 2...they said the space levels are puny, and there wasnt any intereactivity in them, like an asteroid field..in acutal fact, they are as large as the 2 largest land levels, geonosis and hoth, and there was an asteroid field in one or 2 of them...in short, i trust gamespot for reviews, and ign for the videos.

Smasandian
I just think they rate things to high.

I dont think they're terrible. Top 3 Net sites with Gamespot at the top.

But for me, nothing beats PC Gamer. I just think they're reviews are always spot on.

MadMel
true, igns fairly positive, which what i like about them..

LanceWindu
Played the demo finally...the game seems really clunky and not as enjoyable as GTA. They need a targeting system like GTA as well, though I must say the physics are fantastic, as well as the fire elements. One great feature is making the bodies of drivers come out their windshields.

One major disappointment is the graphics, not as next-gen as I would hope.

I may rent the full game to see how I like that, this short demo is not enough to get me to buy it straight up. I need story.

Smasandian
From most reviewers, the majority of them thought the story was a very good surpraise. Not as good as GTA but interesting to the point on wanting to play more.

AstroFan
I love the firing system, much better than GTA, great being able to take out cars by capping the driver(while driving yourself stick out tongue).

The graphics are a godsend to me, after 3 N64like GTA games. stick out tongue

The story is actually pretty interesting, and funny(especially when your mute character slips in a one-liner laughing out loud ).

LanceWindu
I love the firing system, much better than GTA, great being able to take out cars by capping the driver(while driving yourself stick out tongue).

The graphics are a godsend to me, after 3 N64like GTA games. stick out tongue

The story is actually pretty interesting, and funny(especially when your mute character slips in a one-liner laughing out loud ).

I do love the firing while driving...that's a great feature. My beef is when on foot, if you're using a blunt weapon you sometimes swing in the wrong direction and you can't lock on to enemies.

AstroFan
I actually havent run into a situation where I have needed to melee. lol

LanceWindu
I actually havent run into a situation where I have needed to melee. lol

I have, because I was just having fun dying and lost all my money so I had no guns. stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
OMG this game is so jersey lmao.. I love it... green polluted water... guzzlin 40's and smashin the bottle on the floor... great stuff.. especially the hefty amount of cursing.. made me feel right at home happy

H. S. 6
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
OMG this game is so jersey lmao.. I love it... green polluted water... guzzlin 40's and smashin the bottle on the floor... great stuff.. especially the hefty amount of cursing.. made me feel right at home happy

laughing out loud

I'm inclined to agree (being a denizen of Jersey myself). stick out tongue

El_NINO
I was watching a clip from gamespots 8 hour review of the game and at the end a car blew up and a bumper hit the reviewer characters head... laughing out loud

El_NINO
Im going to buy this game today, I cant stop playing the demo laughing out loud

The Vice King
Had it since the release. Single player is great and all, but I hope they fix the online soon.

~Flamboyant~
Bought it, loved it.

I love when the character speaks. I thought this game was hilarious. And I love Benjamin King.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.