never-ending theories...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
sorry guys, its late, and im sure there is an appropriate thread for these, but i am too lazy to find it... wink
my friend got back from Asia and so i got to take him to see The Movie... which was lovely! smile It was a great time for me to let my imagination run away with me at all sorts of funny or perhaps logical theories:

There is a huge MAP theme is this film... I checked at the beginning, and there is no way to see whether Jack's compass is pointing towards port royal. there is one moment where it definately points to his bottle of rum... big grin Beckett is always going off about "knowing exactly where one stands in the world" and we heard lots of that sort of thing in the first one, "You're off the edge of the map, here there be monsters, etc..." and of course the third one will in part take place where no one has mapped out...

I am more convinced than ever that Tia is not evil.
Remember the open grave Jack falls into on the island? Perhaps when Davy cut his heart out, he did in fact die and was buried there, but she dug him up, resurrected him, and placed the curse of the flying dutchman on him... that sort of thing.

FUNNY THEORY:
we have all talked before about Jack's line: "my compass works fine" and then he glances down... you know what im getting at. IF we take that theory a bit furthur, the scene where Liz first talks to Jack makes some funny sense... Because when Jack is telling her about the compass, he glances down, and then says it points to the thing he wants most (they are standing facing each other)... and then she sort of smirks and says "Jack" almost like, stop telling dirty jokes, jack... at any rate if you understand at all what im getting at there, it makes it seem as though Jack knows right then he wants lizzie (which i think he does anyways) and he has known for quite a while. Her line "all i want is to find Will" is met with a very anguished look by him, which he quickly interrupts when he hears something he can work to his advantage. then he's quick to get touchy with her hands... you know where i'm going. then, when the marriage convo comes up, it also seems a bit less odd. Jack has obviously been thinking he wants Lizzie, though i dont think he has thought in depth about what that means really, and all the reasons he has come up with in his head (as we all do) why she should find him a suitable partner are out-- he is the captain of a ship! smile Wow this is really hard to explain. i fancy i was just imagining things. hehehe.

Basically what im getting at is something along the lines of Jack having a fancy for Liz, vainly pursuing it in the midst of other issues, and then being swept away by a much deeper feeling than he originally anticipated by the end. savvy?

OBSERVATIONS:

At the beginning, is Beckett considering branding Liz or Will or both with the Pirate brand? Why does he have that branding thingy heating up in his fire?

something purely funny: when Will is looking for Jack at the beginning, and he talks to that lovely black guy mending the net, the guy mentions the island they find the pearl on. He says he trades spices there for "delicious lamb pork"... except as we all know, they dont eat pork on the island, they eat people. so the guy is accidentally a cannible. hehehehe. ooops. that also explains why Jack finds paprika on the island. hehehe.

WHO ARE ALL THOSE MOURNING PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF TIA"S HUT AT THE END???? and why does one of them look like Annamaria??? And why isnt Tia upset they lost Jack?!?!! Gosh woman.
Tia has bruise marks on her shoulder that look like a hand grabbed her- they are fingerprints.

Tia Dalma and Jack have the same hair and eyeliner (duh, i know)... which i find kinda charming. IMO, Tia is a possible foil for Jack. I love their interactions.

I know this thread is pointless. i am just rambling. smile goodnight!

sccch
I never noticed the fingerprints. I'm going to see it again tomorrow, could you tell me what she was doing when you saw them?

evilm0nki3
Haha yeah i couldn't figure out the paprika thing until i read the script cause i couldnt understand what that guy with the net was saying...

So many hidden dirty things in this movie lol

katelovespirate
they are on her left shoulder... LOL... um, basically you can see them whenever she is full screen.

just like Jack and Elizabeth both have hickies on the sides of their chins at various points throughout the movie...

and Jack's major arm scar (from the extended scene of 1) has mysteriously vanished when you get a good view of his arm at one point...

and Elizabeth's boots and pants change a lot when she is in man clothes...

LOL. night again.

sccch
shocking I'm going to pay extreme attention when I see it again tomorrow.

sccch
I saw them! It looked someone grabbed her from behind her with their right hand.

diddly-dum
Wow! Movies these days! They are more than you think!

LovelyOne
I'm convinced Tia is going to be the big problem for both sides in the next movie...Every moment in movie 2 where things started to go wrong can be linked back to Tia....EVERYTHING..Tia is like a puppeteer with her many puppets...She's tricking EVERYONE in my opinion

1. Beckett seems to have spoken with her (he knows of the magical compass which was made by TIA) He stops the wedding then says "Wedding stopped of fate intervening?"..what a RANDOM thing to say...not so random if you link it back to TIA who can see peoples destinies..

2. Beckett's work man who spots Liz in Tortuga..LETS HER LEAVE with Jack. Why would he do nothing? Answer..Beckett is probably doing it for Tia who I think WANTS to make this Will/Davy destiny play out...so by letting Liz go with Jack..its well on its way to becoming a reality. This leads me to think that at the beginning when Liz has been busted out by her daddy..I don't actually think Beckett's man was there to shove Liz back in prison...he was there to MAKE SURE that Liz didn't get taken to where her father wanted her to go which was AWAY FROM JACK. If she's out of the picture then the Will/Davy thing CANT happen..and the director has said its a big theme in the next movie..so its a BIG theme in this one too.

3. Ragetti's line "I say that us being rescued was Divine Intervention...THIS is probably one of THE most overlooked lines in the entire movie..what a RANDOM thing to bring up...well its not so random when you think about what the director has said is going to be in movie 3. CALYPSO the Greek goddess of the sea is going to be a major theme..If Tia is Calypso(Davy's lost fiance) in disguise that would explain her powers and it would mean that SHE is the divinity intervening in the characters lives...to USE the characters to fit her desires...Greek GODS AND GODDESSES are OMNIPOTENT they are all seeing...This would FIT Tia's role in movie 2...everything she said or gave to Jack made his situation go from bad to worse..She even seperated Will from Jack so that the Jack/Liz thing could develop..

there's more but I cant be bothered lol laughing out loud

diddly-dum
*whistling*
wow.

LovelyOne
Also Katelovespirate great observations!! I love your theories they are great reads and are very consistent..I wondered about that open grave too..I had a feeling that it was the place where Davy was meant to be buried..or maybe it was Barbossa's grave...

was that a bruise on Tia's arm or was it Ink finger prints? laughing out loud oh wait...Davy doesn't have fingers confused

Also I understand what you mean about that whole Jack actually knowing what he wants..Tia seemed to know that he knew..so she didn't tell him.. "maybe he does know and wants to claim it for his own" or something like that..

I actually think that Liz didn't think her feelings for Jack were all that strong..she thought that she could betray him like she did before and feel no remorse like she did before bu she CLEARLY did at the end..

An observation of mine:

When Ragetti goes into Tia's hut..the fact he has a wooden eye and sees a jar full of eyes that have been taken from people it adds to that feeling of "Tia is not to be trusted" she's bad news..

surfchikpir8fan
haha lol i bet that would make Ragetti's day having Tia taking his other eye oi nah that's a bit mean i luv Ragetti's character i still think he's such an innocent pirate still. i really hope it is Jack and Liz that become a couple but knowing disney it'll end up being Will and Elizabeth most likely. shame but maybe 4 once disney might 4get the rules i really hope so

LovelyOne
They pretty much have already broken some of the set Disney rules...i mean..Liz kissing jack whilst engaged to Will?? My goodness!!! thats SO not Disney...

diddly-dum
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Also Katelovespirate great observations!! I love your theories they are great reads and are very consistent..I wondered about that open grave too..I had a feeling that it was the place where Davy was meant to be buried..or maybe it was Barbossa's grave...

was that a bruise on Tia's arm or was it Ink finger prints? laughing out loud oh wait...Davy doesn't have fingers confused

Also I understand what you mean about that whole Jack actually knowing what he wants..Tia seemed to know that he knew..so she didn't tell him.. "maybe he does know and wants to claim it for his own" or something like that..

I actually think that Liz didn't think her feelings for Jack were all that strong..she thought that she could betray him like she did before and feel no remorse like she did before bu she CLEARLY did at the end..

An observation of mine:

When Ragetti goes into Tia's hut..the fact he has a wooden eye and sees a jar full of eyes that have been taken from people it adds to that feeling of "Tia is not to be trusted" she's bad news..

aye, (not eye) that is very good to know,...
I wonder though if that is where the whole pirates and eye patches come in! wink

katelovespirate
I have more crazy theories.

I think someone had made a deal with Beckett PRIOR to when he shows up (on the DAY and even to the MINUTE of the wedding... coincidence??? I think NOT.) My guess is EITHER Governor Swann or ELIZABETH made a deal with Beckett.

I would put the money on Gov. Swann. He seems to not want Liz to marry Will at all, so he makes a deal with Beckett, gets him to show up and then acts all surprised, gets rid of Will... and then has a plan almost immediately to ferry Liz off to England, far away from all things pirate. BUT, then Beckett unexpectedly betrays Gov. Swann.
I know, my theories are crazy. LOL. cant help it.

No, Tia definately has bruises that are FINGERPRINTS on her left shoulder, and its very obvious. whether they mean anything or not, I dont know.

When Jack enters Tia's hut, he gets this really interesting look on his face, a look that TO ME suggests he has previously been her "whore" so to speak... that he has slept with her in return for information, etc. i dont know. they just have a funny vibe going on. Jack is always such a dominant character but he seems rather nervous with her. OH< and his line "its me front I'm worried about..." is he worried about getting stabbed? i think not. His front???? cough cough. just thought that was funny.

In other news... i am loving the pirate fashions sweeping the stores... i got a pirate belt and boots today. HAHAHAHA. smile

katelovespirate
ooooh i forgot to add this to my post above.

i think i mentioned my funny theory about what Jack's compass really represents... especially in his first conversation with Elizabeth... "my compass is unique" "points to the thing you want most" etc... and they both keep glancing... well, down. if you know what i mean.

So in the movie, the whole first half of the film, where is the compass hanging??? seriously. hahaha.

jdl1224
kate you make a really good point. weither it was gov. swann or not i'm not sure. but it is a little weird it happened on that day.

could if of possibly been tia? when will walks into her hut shes practically hits on him- or she can tell the future and didnt want liz and will to get married. she very well could have stopped it.

although the gov swann idea is really interesting. because liz is talking about how will is going to be hung or something and gov. says 'well then theres nothing here for you' and liz says things like 'hes a better man then you give him credit for'

although gov. does really seem like a good guy, you never know. he wanted to keep liz safe but get will away- thats why he was scared when liz left. i'm not convinced he was necessarily working with the EITC but he could of had some say in what happened.

if it IS him- dang, hes 1. mean and 2. a good actor to trick his daughter.

thats really sad. i always liked him. i hope thats not true. sad
like that scene when he doesnt have the wig on. i was just thinking 'awwww' smile

katelovespirate
haha sorry no i have no idea i just thought it all seemed a bit suspicious. and Elrond totally did that to Arwen in Lotr, so ya know, i just figured it could happen again. lol. it just seems he doesnt have faith in Will, and hates anything piraty.
However, Liz could have also made a bargain. WHy else would Beckett's stooge have followed her to Tortuga and just spied on her, without bringing her back? Maybe he was just making sure she was doing things according to plan.
but i could be wayyyyy off on all of this. lol.

tia has become the POTC scapegoat. LOL.

LovelyOne
I doubt it..apparently Liz's dad is murdered by beckett..also if he made a deal with Beckett then he wouldnt have sent his man to stop Liz from leaving with him..

diddly-dum
to true,.. I geuss you really need to watch these movie like 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000 times!

katelovespirate
SO i have a question...
if the kraken had somehow neen after Elizabeth instead, do you guys think Jack would have chained her to the mast???
Previously I would have said yes, he is a pirate... but i dont think so anymore. towards the end of 2 Jack seemed to care about her a ton...

CaptinJackLover
i dont know thats a hard question. although he is a pirate he is still a good man. And you can tell that he wants her badly. So if he wants something taht badly i dont think he would want to get rid of it.

katelovespirate
another crazy theory i was thinking about:

supposing there IS a wedding between Liz and Will, Jack will show up and object... causing complications all around. there will be tons of liz/jack tension as he explains why liz should in fact be with him, but then suddenly Jack will pull a stunt, steal something, or have his crew attack the town, playing off his objections as a distraction so he could get some treasure or something....
then, Jack will be on the pearl and Tia will show up and be like, "I thought you were going to claim the girl you love?" And he'll be all Jacky, and say something like, "No, Liz was right about me. Unfortuntely I am a good man after all." and tia will say "so you left her with Will Turner?" and Jack will grin and say "For now..."

LovelyOne
LOL guess what I just noticed...right before Liz chains Jack up..he is pretty much CONTINUOUSLY staring at Liz in that scene...Ragetti says "its alot of open water" he's staring at Liz intently and then tuens to look quickly at Ragetti and when Will says "we can get away as it takes down the pearl" he's not turning around quickly to face him like he did when Liz and ragetti spoke..he just continues to look RIGHT at her until everyone leaves.. laughing out loud

I think he might be deciding to stay on the ship and give them(mainly Liz) a chance to escape anyway..

LovelyOne
Also I'm REALLY convinced that whole Kraken scene at the end was one big symbolism for the sex Liz should have had with Jack(judging by the many convos they had which secretly mean sex)..but Disney couldn't because its a PG 13..They know that the adults(who make up the majority of the audience) will understand the symbolism whilst the kids will be thinking "wow look at that monster!"

willofthewisp
I like that, lovelyone, about Jack thinking of going down with the ship anyway. He loves his Pearl. Especially after how hard he worked to get it back in the first movie, I would have a tough time letting go, too. Sigh, Jack's too complex for our own good.

diddly-dum
Agreed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.