Emma Frost vs Psylocke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FireIncarnate
Emma Frost vs Psylocke (current powers, so that's the enhanced TK and her ability to withstand psychic attacks due to her "re-knit" of her body).

What a catfight.

**FI**

Longinus
PSYLOCKE FTW!!!!

What If...
This has been done 334508085 times.

ExodusCloak
Yes it has and Psylocke has taken it all the time. Due to her ability to withstand psychic attacks.

bitca360
So Emma really only has a slim chance of winning? Psylocke is that skilled & powerful? May sound odd, but I sorta figured that in the absence of Xavier and Jean, Emma was the next top telepath of the X-Men.

I only ask because I'm currently RPing Emma Frost & we're about to have our first big team battle, and I'm pitted against Psylocke, LoL. But most other forums have the same outcome of "Psylocke is completely immune/Emma has no chance/etc"

Is it really that one-sided? I know people like Rachel has more raw power than Emma, but her "psionic skills & refinement" have no use against Psylocke?

And what would happen if Betsy used her psi-blade on Emma in diamond form? Would she still be affected, even though most bio's say she can't use own or be affected by telepathy while in diamond form?

(I know RP doesn't have to be strictly from comics, but I'd like to stay true to the character's abilities...and here I thought Emma would win more than not)

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by bitca360
So Emma really only has a slim chance of winning? Psylocke is that skilled & powerful? May sound odd, but I sorta figured that in the absence of Xavier and Jean, Emma was the next top telepath of the X-Men.

I only ask because I'm currently RPing Emma Frost & we're about to have our first big team battle, and I'm pitted against Psylocke, LoL. But most other forums have the same outcome of "Psylocke is completely immune/Emma has no chance/etc"

Is it really that one-sided? I know people like Rachel has more raw power than Emma, but her "psionic skills & refinement" have no use against Psylocke?

And what would happen if Betsy used her psi-blade on Emma in diamond form? Would she still be affected, even though most bio's say she can't use own or be affected by telepathy while in diamond form?

(I know RP doesn't have to be strictly from comics, but I'd like to stay true to the character's abilities...and here I thought Emma would win more than not)

Emma is good, awfully good. I'm a co-author of Emma RT on that forum, but I'd say her chances are slim.
The best outcome is stalemate\Psylocke win via BFR.

Thing is, Psylocke has TOTAL immunity to TP- unpasseable even with Emma's skill (second to none in Marvel as for now, I think). Also diamond form is the only chance of Emma to survive TK assault and here the only possibility for Psylocke to win is BFR.
Emma has improved her H2H skills a bit, but she's more of a brawler than true MA. And given the level of Psylocke's TK, I doubt it even goes to H2H.

There ARE SOME obscure ways for Emma to put hurt on Psylocke, aka "electryfying" her with psionic lightning etc. but to do that our blonde beauty has to leave herself defenceless against Psylocke's TK. In terms of pure reaction speed Betsy seems faster than Emma given everything.

TP on TP- given TP version of Psylocke- Emma would stomp. In terms of skill she's now the best telepath on Marvel Earth, rivalring Exodus and Xavier who are >Emma in raw power, not to mention "psi-bricks" like Rachel.
TP on TK+psi-immunity=no chance for Emma.

Knowsbleed33
Psylocke.

Juk3n
Locke wins..

bitca360
Ok, bummer, but thanks!

Funny thing is I was just reading the Emma respect thread, and was hoping you in particular Charlotte DeBel would post here sooner or later

Now that thats answered, I suppose it depends on some clever RPing on my behalf, or to hoping that the Psylocke Role-player isn't too knowledgeable Lol

guy222
betsy

Charlotte DeBel
Ok, bummer, but thanks!

Funny thing is I was just reading the Emma respect thread, and was hoping you in particular Charlotte DeBel would post here sooner or later

Now that thats answered, I suppose it depends on some clever RPing on my behalf, or to hoping that the Psylocke Role-player isn't too knowledgeable Lol

My advice- use obscure powers (psionic "lightning" for example would definetely put hurt on Psylocke, at the most powerful the blast of it has ruined a warehouse (that was in the fight of Emma and Phoenix Jean, though Emma was exhausted and on the verge of madness after that).

That's not common knowledge, as the last time Emma displayed that pseudo-TK was in Phoenix:Endsong (throwing away Kitty). But on average it's potent enough to mess the nervous system of psionically imprevious people (M from Generation X, for example), throw people around or (at its most powerful) destroy buildings.

Metalmanx
Oh man. Psylocke wins this so easily.

I like Emma and know what's she capable of, but there's really nothing she could do to Psylocke here.

TK-crushing/Psy-blade through Emma's head/FAR Superior hand-to-hand abilities-->FTW.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Oh man. Psylocke wins this so easily.

I like Emma and know what's she capable of, but there's really nothing she could do to Psylocke here.

TK-crushing/Psy-blade through Emma's head/FAR Superior hand-to-hand abilities-->FTW.

She can't crush her with TK unless Emma is in human form (which she has to if she wants to hurt Betsy somehow). In diamond form Emma is undestructable unless Psylocke puts her apart on molecular level. If Emma goes diamond, then it's stalemate\BFR victory for Psylocke.

Psy-blade and hand-to-hand are non-factors if Emma turns diamond. Emma's diamond form disperses psionic energy (prime reason why she can't use psi-powers while diamond), so psi-blade most likely does nothing. And if Betsy isn't retarded with her powers, she'll never let Emma close for hand to hand.

It's either Betsy 9\10 (one victory to obscure ways I've listed before) or stalemate\BFR victory again in Betsy's favour.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
She can't crush her with TK unless Emma is in human form (which she has to if she wants to hurt Betsy somehow). In diamond form Emma is undestructable unless Psylocke puts her apart on molecular level. If Emma goes diamond, then it's stalemate\BFR victory for Psylocke.

Psy-blade and hand-to-hand are non-factors if Emma turns diamond. Emma's diamond form disperses psionic energy (prime reason why she can't use psi-powers while diamond), so psi-blade most likely does nothing. And if Betsy isn't retarded with her powers, she'll never let Emma close for hand to hand.

It's either Betsy 9\10 (one victory to obscure ways I've listed before) or stalemate\BFR victory again in Betsy's favour.

Where/When was it stated that Emma's diamond form is indestructible? Because that's very new to me, someone who does a pretty decent job of staying up-to-date on the X-Men.

Using her psy-katana/psy-blade to its highest level/output, she can cut through almost any matter. I'm inclined to believe that this includes Emma's organic diamond. I get what you're saying about the dispersing of psychic power while in diamond, but at the same time, it's more of a manifestation of psychic energy than it is a telepathic assault. I mean, telekinesis would still work on Emma's diamond form, and that's a psi-power. So it obviously doesn't completely cancel out psi-powers.

Betsy's TK is powerful enough to shatter mountains. I realize that Emma's diamond form is hella durable, but do you really believe that with that kind of TK power that Betsy couldn't damage Emma? I think she can.

xmarksthespot
Psylocke's blades don't cut organics iirc...

But Emma, while really durable... isn't indestructible.

Charlotte DeBel
Where/When was it stated that Emma's diamond form is indestructible? Because that's very new to me, someone who does a pretty decent job of staying up-to-date on the X-Men.

Using her psy-katana/psy-blade to its highest level/output, she can cut through almost any matter. I'm inclined to believe that this includes Emma's organic diamond. I get what you're saying about the dispersing of psychic power while in diamond, but at the same time, it's more of a manifestation of psychic energy than it is a telepathic assault. I mean, telekinesis would still work on Emma's diamond form, and that's a psi-power. So it obviously doesn't completely cancel out psi-powers.

Betsy's TK is powerful enough to shatter mountains. I realize that Emma's diamond form is hella durable, but do you really believe that with that kind of TK power that Betsy couldn't damage Emma? I think she can.

If she can operate on molecular level, then why not? Emma's body was put back together by molecular TK. Though if her flaw still exists, then it's different talks.
Psylocke's psi-blade is the same thing as Emma's psionic "lightning"- raw psi-energy used in blade\blast. that's why the stunning effect.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Psylocke's blades don't cut organics iirc...

But Emma, while really durable... isn't indestructible.

It doesn't. However, even if it can't cut the organic diamond, it does disrupt the central nervous system. Even in diamond form, it appears that there is some sort of CNS working there. I know that Emma doesn't feel pain when transformed, but pain wouldn't be a requirement for Betsy's psy-blade to work.

Also, I realized that I went back and forth between "psi" and "psy" way too many times. stick out tongue

Charlotte DeBel
It doesn't. However, even if it can't cut the organic diamond, it does disrupt the central nervous system. Even in diamond form, it appears that there is some sort of CNS working there. I know that Emma doesn't feel pain when transformed, but pain wouldn't be a requirement for Betsy's psy-blade to work.

Also, I realized that I went back and forth between "psi" and "psy" way too many times. stick out tongue

No pain, no emotions...her CNS is static, and raw psionic energy is dispersed.

I don't argue than Betsy wins, though, don't get me wrong.

bitca360

Charlotte DeBel

bitca360
Instead of the Psi-blades being created with her psychic energy, which she knew couldn't effect Emma's second mutation at all, She created the blades with telekinetic energy that would hit her body physically rather than mentally.

One by one, Betsy threw each blade with more intensity than the last, and she hit Emma from all different angles in an attempt to weaken her shell. She knew once she broke that form, Emma would be greatly weakened. Betsy knew she only had seconds to do this. She had to help Jean.

Just curious, is that a legit or even possible move? And would it affect diamond-Emma? I've already responded, but it doesn't matter, I can think of a way that Frost can used it to her advantage, but for future reference..?

Metalmanx
Hm... blink

Charlotte DeBel
Instead of the Psi-blades being created with her psychic energy, which she knew couldn't effect Emma's second mutation at all, She created the blades with telekinetic energy that would hit her body physically rather than mentally.

One by one, Betsy threw each blade with more intensity than the last, and she hit Emma from all different angles in an attempt to weaken her shell. She knew once she broke that form, Emma would be greatly weakened. Betsy knew she only had seconds to do this. She had to help Jean.

Just curious, is that a legit or even possible move? And would it affect diamond-Emma? I've already responded, but it doesn't matter, I can think of a way that Frost can used it to her advantage, but for future reference..?

It looks more like Emma's tactic than Psylocke. It's Emma who throws bolts of raw psionic energy. Psylocke uses them as close combat weapons, and throwing them like knives is pretty...retarded. Not that it's impossible- it's just Psylocke never uses that tactic, while it's pretty established in Emma's arsenal.

Anyway, with Emma's diamond body dispersing psionic energy it won't hurt. And if yourt opponent relies on that absurd "tactic", you may a little "boost" dispersion properties (in Warsong they worked pretty well against attacks>>one used on you there)

Metalmanx
I know you say that Emma's diamond form disperses her own psychic energy so she cannot use her telepathy when in this form, but, as far as you can recall, is there any on-panel evidence of telepathy being completely ineffective against her while transformed?

Woo, long sentence.

ExodusCloak
I know you say that Emma's diamond form disperses her own psychic energy so she cannot use her telepathy when in this form, but, as far as you can recall, is there any on-panel evidence of telepathy being completely ineffective against her while transformed?

Woo, long sentence.

It was stated in Phoenix Warsong that Emma's Diamond Form makes her immune to telepathy. She shut out the telepathic cries of the 1000 Cuckoos by changing into Diamond. She also feels nothing in Diamond Form, no pain etc.
She also managed to sneak up on Cassandra Nova hooked up to Cerebra in Morrison's X-Men in Diamond Form. And Cassandra Nova couldn't read her mind when she was in Diamond Form during Morrisons Shiar Arc.

Not that it matters because the version of Psylocke being used in this thread is Claremont's toy but Psylocke's psi-knife would be useless. Emma's form disperses psychic energy see Unlimited X-Men 42 or the respect thread is should be on the fourth page (I would but this phone I'm using sucks and I'll have to re-right everything I just typed).
The same thing that happened when Psylocke plunged her knife through Sabertooths head right before she got gutted would happen if she plunged her psi-knife through Diamond Emma.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
It was stated in Phoenix Warsong that Emma's Diamond Form makes her immune to telepathy. She shut out the telepathic cries of the 1000 Cuckoos by changing into Diamond. She also feels nothing in Diamond Form, no pain etc.
She also managed to sneak up on Cassandra Nova hooked up to Cerebra in Morrison's X-Men in Diamond Form. And Cassandra Nova couldn't read her mind when she was in Diamond Form during Morrisons Shiar Arc.

Not that it matters because the version of Psylocke being used in this thread is Claremont's toy but Psylocke's psi-knife would be useless. Emma's form disperses psychic energy see Unlimited X-Men 42 or the respect thread is should be on the fourth page (I would but this phone I'm using sucks and I'll have to re-right everything I just typed).
The same thing that happened when Psylocke plunged her knife through Sabertooths head right before she got gutted would happen if she plunged her psi-knife through Diamond Emma.

Thanks, colleague. That's what I was trying to explainsmile

BTW, has found some stuff we haven't added to the RT- at least properlysmile Maybe later tonight there would be an addition.

ExodusCloak
Thanks, colleague. That's what I was trying to explainsmile

BTW, has found some stuff we haven't added to the RT- at least properlysmile Maybe later tonight there would be an addition.

Sounds good. Sorry about the lack of additions to the thread I'm out of the country at the moment and the only access I have to the internet is this phone. I've been keeping up with spoilers and such so there seem to be some big additions that need to be added to the thread. I saw the solicits for X-Men: Secret Invasion #3 Emma's taking on the whole Skrull Psychic Wall by herself apparently. When I get back I'll have to read and scan through the pile of comics left at my door.

Metalmanx

Okay, I can accept that. smile

However, while her diamond form is immune to telepathy, it wouldn't be to telekinesis (obviously). Emma's diamond form isn't nearly as impervious as you believe. Storm once had her pinned against a brick wall with her winds and threatened to effortlessly impale her with a steel shaft. Emma appeared truly defeated at that point, because she surrendered the fight to Storm. I believe Emma's opinion on if it would've pierced her.

Charlotte DeBel

However, while her diamond form is immune to telepathy, it wouldn't be to telekinesis (obviously). Emma's diamond form isn't nearly as impervious as you believe. Storm once had her pinned against a brick wall with her winds and threatened to effortlessly impale her with a steel shaft. Emma appeared truly defeated at that point, because she surrendered the fight to Storm. I believe Emma's opinion on if it would've pierced her.

It was just a threat without any substantial claims, and even if Storm can't (what it really looks like) Emma lacked the strength to move against her wind. Thus Psylocke can immobilise&BFR Emma with ease. Shatter- don't think so.

ExodusCloak

If you look at the previous page you'll see that I stated that TK Psylocke would take it because she's immune telepathy.

Emma's mass doesn't change in Diamond Form so pinning her against a wall wouldn't be difficult so with that I concede.
But the steel pole was an empty threat and Emma didn't surrender to Storm in fact she refused to surrender. Emma's taken bullets from a torrent gun and shot guns and handguns not to mention survived the attack on Genosha(Wild Sentinels, Explosions, Shrapnel etc). Here's a question how fast do bullets travel because I'm pretty sure they're faster then that steel rod hurled at hurricane speeds?

Charlotte DeBel
If you look at the previous page you'll see that I stated that TK Psylocke would take it because she's immune telepathy.

Emma's mass doesn't change in Diamond Form so pinning her against a wall wouldn't be difficult so with that I concede.
But the steel pole was an empty threat and Emma didn't surrender to Storm in fact she refused to surrender. Emma's taken bullets from a torrent gun and shot guns and handguns not to mention survived the attack on Genosha(Wild Sentinels, Explosions, Shrapnel etc). Here's a question how fast do bullets travel because I'm pretty sure they're faster then that steel rod hurled at hurricane speeds?

Absolute truth. Psylocke immobilising and BFRing Emma is out of question- Emma has no ways to resist the TK. The only question still unanswered is whether or not Psylocke has skill to shatter Emma's diamond form on molecular level.
BTW, I've started posting updates for Emma's RT.

ExodusCloak
Absolute truth. Psylocke immobilising and BFRing Emma is out of question- Emma has no ways to resist the TK. The only question still unanswered is whether or not Psylocke has skill to shatter Emma's diamond form on molecular level.

Claremont is a douche for being so inconsistent. In the End of the Greys and First Fallen arc Psylocke had no finesse regarding her TK. In New Excalibur Psylocke can modify her body on a molecular level so she can turn invisible.

But CIS would suggest that she'd go H2H against Diamond Emma like she does in all her recent appearances. shifty:

Charlotte DeBel
Claremont is a douche for being so inconsistent. In the End of the Greys and First Fallen arc Psylocke had no finesse regarding her TK. In New Excalibur Psylocke can modify her body on a molecular level so she can turn invisible.

But CIS would suggest that she'd go H2H against Diamond Emma like she does in all her recent appearances. shifty:

Betsy's superior MA, though Emma has improved her MA prowess- but Psylocke is no Karate Kid either, and thus probably ends up just like Sage, another MA with complete control over her bodywink

ExodusCloak
Betsy's superior MA, though Emma has improved her MA prowess- but Psylocke is no Karate Kid either, and thus probably ends up just like Sage, another MA with complete control over her bodywink

She is but regardless of how superior she is if she went in guns blazing and ignored her TK like she did against "Chung Li" in that Excalibur/Exiles crossover she'd end up like Sage and Bishop since Emma is much, much stronger and more durable in Diamond form.

BTW Psylocke is immune to TP which makes what Emma did to Exodus TK moot. But didn't Emma block the weakened Phoenix telekinesis with telepathy in Endsong? shifty (IRRC They actually stated that it was telekinesis it should be in the RT.)

Can't wait for Claremont to let go of Sage so she can come back to 616.

Charlotte DeBel
She is but regardless of how superior she is if she went in guns blazing and ignored her TK like she did against "Chung Li" in that Excalibur/Exiles crossover she'd end up like Sage and Bishop since Emma is much, much stronger and more durable in Diamond form.

BTW Psylocke is immune to TP which makes what Emma did to Exodus TK moot. But didn't Emma block the weakened Phoenix telekinesis with telepathy in Endsong? shifty (IRRC They actually stated that it was telekinesis it should be in the RT.)

Can't wait for Claremont to let go of Sage so she can come back to 616.

She blocked the attempt of Phoenix Force to grab hold on Scott IIRC. But I'm not sure whether it was TP or TKsmile
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmes0406sv4.jpg

ExodusCloak
She blocked the attempt of Phoenix Force to grab hold on Scott IIRC. But I'm not sure whether it was TP or TKsmile
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmes0406sv4.jpg

I think it's the page before that. It's a double page IRRC I'll be back have to search through that respect thread.

ExodusCloak
Okay found it.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0304zb4ep1.jpg

BTW Nice additions it's the first time I'm seeing those scans.

"Shut up and drink your tea"...lol

I heard the little quips at the party in UXM #500 were pretty good.

Charlotte DeBel
Okay found it.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page0304zb4ep1.jpg

BTW Nice additions it's the first time I'm seeing those scans.

"Shut up and drink your tea"...lol

I heard the little quips at the party in UXM #500 were pretty good.

And I was thinking whether to add lobothomy moment from that onesmile Definetely addingsmile)

Charlotte DeBel
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=439489&from=thread&pagenumber=19#post10882339

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.