Burgundy vs Bobby (Will Ferrell)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Hey everybody, with the release of Will Ferrell's Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, the question must now be asked: Which did you like more? Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy? Or Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby?

For me it is close, but I'm going to have to go with Talladega Nights. When I first saw Anchorman, I was disappointed. After a second viewing, I liked it a little bit more. It took me several watches for it to grow on me and now I love it. Yesterday when I saw Talladega Nights, I loved it as much as Anchorman AFTER the multiple viewings. I can only imagine how much more Talladega Nights will grow on me after I see it many more times.

Btw, if you've never seen either one of these, watch it immediately, come back, and then vote.

Tptmanno1
Hmm....
I loved them both, I had lower expectations for Talledega Nights because I thought it was just going to be another Anchorman, but it wasn't it was very funny and topical and actually had some good things to say about consumerism.
But overall, i'm gonna go with Anchorman, That was just to damn funny, and quotable.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Myth
When I first saw Anchorman, I was disappointed.

i second that

Wolfie
I loved Anchorman. Talladega Nights doesn't look very appealing to me. So I'll go with Ron Burgundy.

H. S. 6
I'll go with Anchorman, but Frank the Tank pwns all. He should have been a choice. w00t

Nazgulinthedark
I saw talledega nights last night, and I didn't think it was that good, but it was way better than anchorman. i hated anchorman.

Myth
Originally posted by Wolfie
I loved Anchorman. Talladega Nights doesn't look very appealing to me. So I'll go with Ron Burgundy.

Dude, you gotta at least watch the other one before casting your vote.

HS6 - I thought about it, but that one wasn't really "Ferrell's movie." I was thinking along the lines of ridiculous Will Ferrell movies that are truly his (same reason Roxburry Guys wasn't an option).

Grimm22
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
i hated anchorman.

eek2jawdrop

Grimm22
Anchorman was better than Taladega Nights erm

Taladega wasn't bad though no expression

"I've only been gone for 3 hours!" laughing

That's a really hard choice...Anchorman had a lot more quotable and memorable moments, but Talledega Nights was a bit more subtle in it's humor but more watchable. And Ali-G (forgot his real name, Sasha something) really made Talledega Nights worth watching for me...he almost stole the movie from Will Ferrell imo. Ha i love both these films equally, i can't vote..at least not until i see Talledega Nights a couple more times

.Dance_Inside.
oh man I havent seen Talledaga Nights, but I really really want to I'm probably going to see it tomorrow, Achorman is probably one of my favourite movies, I pretty much LOVE Will ferrel, but since I've seen Achorman so many times, I'll go with that..I'll post back tomorrow after I've seen Talladaga Nights

fruits
Both were friggen hilarious, like honestly could be 1, 2 on my fav movies eva list, but i think anchorman wins it. maybe if Talladega Nights didnt cut out all the hilarious scenes that were in the trailers it would be different

SnakeEyes
Anchorman was a lot better, IMO. Talladega Nights might grow on me after a while, but I saw it last night and was overall, disappointed with it. It was funny, but I didn't find myself laughing out loud that much or nearly as much as when I saw Anchorman.

Solo
Talladega Nights was okay, but I was very disappointed. Anchorman is by far a funnier movie.

C-Dic
"Anchorman" by far, IMO. "Talladega Nights" just seemed too focused on cashing in on stereotypes, forgetting to be genuinely funny, and to be perfectly honest, Gary Cole stole the show.

Ladyluck
hmm

It's pretty close. They were both really funny to me but I'm going to go with Anchorman.

The Pict
Anchorman is one of the worst movies it has been my displeasure to watch. Haven't seen the other, but its gotta be better.

Strangelove
Will Ferrell is better when he's pretending to be serious.

In other words, Anchorman

To quote a person whose name I cannot remember: A man wearing a silly hat isn't funny. A man wearing a silly hat that he doesn't know is silly is funny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.