Name the Heroes classic book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
Each hero has a story arc that it sorta a height in that heroes career. The series that is considered one of their best. What are some stories that are most associated with being the best of that hero.
Ex- Dark Knight Returns is considered by many to be one of the greatest Batman stories.

Psyquis52
For Superman it's his Death. Not the Return just the Death.
Heck, that's the last time he inspired anyone (according to the bat-god).

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Heck, that's the last time he inspired anyone (according to the bat-god). Yeah, that is one of Supermans most recognized arcs. I would say that the Infinity Gauntlet saga is Thanos's most well known story.

Validus
Most would probably say Rogue War for Flash and for good reason but I think Dead Heat and Terminal Velocity were just as good. Then there's Blitz and Ignition right behind them. So many good Flash stories over the years.

Years from now Green Lantern: Rebirth will be remembered as the defining GL story despite the yellow fear bug. GL is a stronger franchise with Hal AND Kyle leading the charge rather than either alone and this is the story that kicked it off.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Yeah, that is one of Supermans most recognized arcs. I would say that the Infinity Gauntlet saga is Thanos's most well known story. I concur. On the side note then The Infinity War (or Gauntlet) would also be Adam Warlock's most memorable arch.

Psyquis52
Apocalypse = Age of Apocalypse
Magneto = House of M
Stryfe = Executioner's Song
Onslaught = well....um....Onslaught stuff
Annihilus = Annihilation

Big Sexy
X-men- Days of the Future Past
Phoenix- The Dark Phoenix Saga
Green Goblin- the death of Gwen Stacy

Scoobless
I think Spider-Man: Pursuit was one of his best.... but the Clone Saga and now The Other will doubtlessly be remembered for far longer.... unfortunately

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Heck, that's the last time he inspired anyone (according to the bat-god).
It was beautifulin_love When Supes died.......The world just seemed right big grin Whenever I get pissed about something i just go read that book again and it makes everything better cool

Wally West
Thanos: Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet
Flash: Rogue War
Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment
Nightwing: Year One

Big Sexy
Joker- the man that laughs/ the killing Joke
Jason Todd- A death in the family

willRules
Spider-man - Death of Gwen stacy
Batman - Death in the Family ( Although I loved Hush yes )
Daredevil - Frank millar run (Especially issue 181)
Wolverine - Origin (Beautiful art and storyline. And revealed his name eek! )
Avengers - Kree Skull War
X-men - Dark Phoenix saga
Anyhing DC - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Anything Marvel Secret Wars (The original one)

Mindship
I'm not sure if this really answers the question, but when I think of the classic Fantastic Four story arc, the first appearance of Galactus and the Silver Surfer immediately come to mind, IMO still one of the best story arcs ever in all of comicdom.

willRules
yes they are great issues, I love the scene where the sky catches on fire yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
Spider-man - Death of Gwen stacy
Batman - Death in the Family ( Although I loved Hush yes )
Daredevil - Frank millar run (Especially issue 181)
Wolverine - Origin (Beautiful art and storyline. And revealed his name eek! )
Avengers - Kree Skull War
X-men - Dark Phoenix saga
Anyhing DC - Crisis on Infinite Earths
Anything Marvel Secret Wars (The original one)

The Kree Skrull War?.... are you high?..... that story was not one of their better ones

no

Big Sexy
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
It was beautifulin_love When Supes died.......The world just seemed right big grin Whenever I get pissed about something i just go read that book again and it makes everything better cool Now that I think about it, thats weird how Superman does not have many high point books considering his status. The death of Superman and Kingdom Come are probably his only high point in books.

MJOILNIR
Thats true. I like Thor the reigning and Thor disassembled. Blood and Thunder was pretty good but coulda been better. I liked secret wars very well. Infinity gauntlet as good.......

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless
The Kree Skrull War?.... are you high?..... that story was not one of their better ones

no

I liked it and I'm entilted to my opinion yes

MJOILNIR
willrules, I like that sig. funny as hell....

willRules
cheers big grin

Murda Ma$e
Spider-Man - Amazing Spider-Man #39-40, 90, 121-122, 229-230, 248

Spider-Man: Blue

I can't remember what comics these arcs were in, but Who Killed Jean DeWolff, and Kraven's Last Hunt are also defining moments and requird reads for the Spidey fan.

Batman - Year One, Death in the Family, The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, The Long Halloween, Arkham Asylem: a serious house on series earth.

A new addition to the Bat list I think will be Monster Men.

I consider it to be, but haven't heard to many say it is yet.

bigbran
ravenger- annihilation.... shifty

Doc Potato
Kraven- Fearful symmetry (KLH)
Daredevil- Visionaries
Batman- DKR (unfortunately)
The DC Universe- Crisis on IE
Marvel- Secret Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.