Tell me why this ban wouldn't work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airemaye
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:
is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of Styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

*This is pretty easy--I hope most people get it.*

Barker
Originally posted by Barker
*Colin Powell Picture*

Kram3r
I like your thoughts and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. no expression

SpadeKing
Tell me why I didn't even get past the first sentance no expression

Kram3r
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Tell me why I didn't even get past the first sentance no expression

Propaganda. ermm

Lana
Mmmmm, water.

JaehSkywalker
ban this.. whatever it is... what is it anyway? >I didn't bother to read your long post.. sorry... >.< <

A.J
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
ban this.. whatever it is... what is it anyway? >I didn't bother to read your long post.. sorry... >.< <

Eis
Originally posted by airemaye
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the Midwest, and recently California.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

You do know that dihydrogen monoxide issue was hoax to see how gullible people are and ignorant when it comes to science.

ThePittman
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.

*This is pretty easy--I hope most people get it.* crazysign

Clovie
Originally posted by Lana
Mmmmm, water. so I got it right blink

Scoobless
Mmmmm, water.

Quick, BAN IT!.... that way i'll never have to worry about tsunamis again

BlackSunshine
I am NOT reading all that.

Roland
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

You lost me after those 3 words.

lord xyz
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.

*This is pretty easy--I hope most people get it.* I liked it better on Penn and Teller: Bullshit. stick out tongue

Bloigen
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10899/col.jpg

Flamboyant4Life
Well, it wouldn't work because if it's the major component in acid rain, then we'd have to ban fossil fuels altogether to stop it. Even if it contributes to the greenhouse effect, it must be very minor because I have never heard of it. (The major contributors being: Carbion Dioxide, Water Vapor, and Methane)

WrathfulDwarf
Okay, Dihydrogen monoxide you have been trolling and disruptive this forum long enough.

This was your final warning.

Goodbye!

*banned Dihydrogen Monoxide*

Dusty
http://www.interet-general.info/IMG/Colin-Powell-1.jpg

Syren
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Okay, Dihydrogen monoxide you have been trolling and disruptive this forum long enough.

This was your final warning.

Goodbye!

*banned Dihydrogen Monoxide*

You love it too much, it worries me how the power has affected your head stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
Well, it wouldn't work because if it's the major component in acid rain, then we'd have to ban fossil fuels altogether to stop it. Even if it contributes to the greenhouse effect, it must be very minor because I have never heard of it. (The major contributors being: Carbion Dioxide, Water Vapor, and Methane)

Do you know any Chemistry?

Originally posted by Eis
You do know that dihydrogen monoxide issue was hoax to see how gullible people are and ignorant when it comes to science.

I'm pretty sure they probably know that.

Originally posted by Clovie
so I got it right blink

Yep!

fini
OMG, its been a while since i read that, lol, but its still funny

what was funny was they pulled this same thing on some " environmentalist kinda people" and had them agreeing to ban it. LOL

yay the joys of chemisty............ oh god, I cant believe i said that
* shudders*

LOL dihydrogen monoxide............... two hydrogen and one oxygen. Brilliant name, lol

Flamboyant4Life
Do you know any Chemistry?

Well, I'm going to start chemistry honors this year. I learned biochemistry in my biology honors class this past year.

silver_tears
Whoever doesnt know thats water is special flowers

Soleran
Originally posted by silver_tears
Whoever doesnt know thats water is special flowers

Is that a science thing?

airemaye
This is all rather entertaning. Really, I thought you people would do better than this.

To everyone who got it: You win at life. You don't mind reading. And you know basic chemistry. Hoorah.

To everyone who didn't get it: Well, there's always hope.smile Maybe next time.

Lyna303
lol it is water....
h20 = di (2) hydrogen, monoxide (1 oxygen)

Rare__Fox
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Dihydrogen monoxide:
may cause severe burns.

in nuclear power plants.
as a fire retardant.

We care why????

Xirius
Originally posted by Lyna303
lol it is water....
h20 = di (2) hydrogen, monoxide (1 oxygen)

That didnt occur to me when I first read it,.........its way funnier reading it now that I know its water.....nice

Flamboyant4Life
So the military is developing gigantic water guns? Wow, water also fits the bill for almost anything on that list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.