How Much Does That Small Continent Weigh S.M.?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BeyonderX
Let the shoostings begin!
In the movie S.M. returns tell me that it was farkin awesome watching Supe carve a small continent out of the ocean then dive into the Earth and push the mother, that had to weigh billions of tons, into orbit. Consider this thing was oozing Kryptonite, the G-Forces against lift-off, I'm surprised all Superman did was poor sweat, pass-out and die (briefly). This should have killed him permanately considering he still had a chunk of Krypto inside him. I was biting my lip when they pent him up in the hospital, you stupid Dr's. At least put him in an overpowered tanning bed, better yet get him some sunlight. I would think the Luthor would have learned from his first attempt to kill Supe with Krypto, (damn it! I need to chain this guy to the floor and watch him die then bury him in cement in a lead coffin!) As long as the Sun still shines Supe has a chance, that is unless the green is inside him, smart move with the dagger Lex. Remember when the Hulk braced that mountain range in Secret Wars, that was good but Supe was astounding!

MattDay
well he didn't die, he went into a coma, brought on by resisting the affects of the kryptonite that he was in contact with while lifting the island out into space, he pushed himself to keep going until he was clear out of the atmostphere than fell into the deep sleep.

it was quite good i thought, should of left him in the coma for the sequel when he would wake up to a city in chaos from new villains...

MattDay
must of weighed atleast millions of tons if not billions

MattDay
like luthor said

Magee
Had to have weighed some where in the billions and the fact he managed to reach escape velocity and push that beast in to orbit... sick

super pr*xy
that was just amazing. maybe the kryptonite didn't have that grave of an effect since it has been diluted with the growing crystals and earth.

Sparkz
Originally posted by MattDay
well he didn't die, he went into a coma, brought on by resisting the affects of the kryptonite that he was in contact with while lifting the island out into space, he pushed himself to keep going until he was clear out of the atmostphere than fell into the deep sleep.

it was quite good i thought, should of left him in the coma for the sequel when he would wake up to a city in chaos from new villains...

Yeah but then we couldnt have the clasic scene of Superman flying into space smile

Allthough I found it strange how the Krypto at one point was getting him beaten up by 3 guys, the next he's liftin a continent under the effects, if they left the scene where he was being beat up out you could have said, yeah he was resisting it, but then why wasn't he resisting when he was beat up, surley it takes less effort to beat 3 guys than lift billions of tons.

But in the end who cares it was an awsome scene...even though it bought on that hospital scene where I was trying not to shout "Oh for crying out loud just stick him in the sun for christ sakes, sheesh"

BeyonderX
As with anything that I find fantastic and astounding (among which is Superman), I try and explain the mistakes to myself so I'll feel better. Great point on the 3 thugs kicking the cr*p out of him then he puts the land mass into orbit. I would have to say he had his guard down when he first landed on the Krypto laced island which was indeed of lesser strength due to dilution. I must say that he shouldn't have gotten such an as* whoopin like he did though. When Lex stabbed him Supe should have R.I.P.'d. What if Lex stabbed Supe in the heart or eyeball ehhh? Well anyways the end was sheer emotion. With all his love for mortals and Shift X strength he made a concerted effort to push that sum *itch into space. I want to see Superman cry tears come on!! On top of that it makes me silently hurl (sort of like what Jim Carrey when he looks like he's gonna hurl, very funny) when I see all the scenes filled with the pent up sexual fire between Supe and Lois. I want an all out sex scene, take it up to an R rating come on!!! Another fabulous event is that Supe and Lois did indeed have Olympic sex producing the fine son we see in his return. I almost cried at the end (I have a son to you know). Thoughts anyone?

MattDay
well he did "amp" himself near the sun before doing it, you did see that scene right?

smiley8
Yeah he got supercharged before he lifted the island!

MattDay
otherwise i think the kryptonite would of depowered him before he would of got the island out of the atmosphere

roughrider
It weighed a LOT more than that little mountain Hulk just held up for several seconds, in Secret Wars. wink

MattDay
this is how close the success of superman is to batman begins...

41 days after release for both films tally up: -

Superman Returns = $657,821 on that day, Total* = $190,176,570

Batman Begins = $588,427 on that day, Total* = $191,693,621

*Total at 41 days

See how close they are in their success at the box office!

smiley8
So how come people are saying Supes did so bad!! People definitly need to look at the facts before passing judgement!

Sparkz
well he did "amp" himself near the sun before doing it, you did see that scene right?

Yes but its still Kryptonite, if he'd used the earth itself to sheild him which i thought he was doing I would have said fine, but there was kryptonite right next to him, and even so I don't think he even Supercharged himself, it think he was just recharging after being beat down so badly, but thats just my opinion.

But the worst bit in the movie was the fact the 3 guys who beat him up were crushed by a big rock, I wanted to see a scene simular to Superman 2, where he has no powers and is beaten up, he gets them back and the guy breaks his hand on Supes. A scene like that would have made me smile and thank "That'l teach ya to mess with supes" instead of "They were crushed by a big rock...wow how inspiring.

MattDay
oh well, he got them back one way or another... lol

Sparkz
oh well, he got them back one way or another... lol

I suppose, but it still would have been cool to see Supes take them down.

MattDay
yea, he could of shown some fighting ability that batman shown him when he went to gotham, well the woman on the tv said he went to gotham so why not eh?

Sparkz
yea, he could of shown some fighting ability that batman shown him when he went to gotham, well the woman on the tv said he went to gotham so why not eh? I don't rember her saying that, but then I havent seen the movie in about 4 weeks, but yeah that'd be cool...but i'd still prefer classic style of having them break their hands on supes body then him saying "Oh I'v been working out"...Superman 2 rocked.

MattDay
lol that would be random if he said that... superman two was good, i just cant get my head around how cheesy the effects were and how bad some of the acting from the supporting cast was... but that was then nearly 20 years ago

Sparkz
lol that would be random if he said that... superman two was good, i just cant get my head around how cheesy the effects were and how bad some of the acting from the supporting cast was... but that was then nearly 20 years ago

lol yeah i know ok he could have said something eles but that was for referance to Superman 2 lol.

I don't know why but i don't think the effects were cheesy in Superman 2, at least when I watched it 3 days ago, I watched it 2 weeks ago and thought they were crap, I must be tempremental lol.

WrathfulDwarf
Neither scenes in the original and returns was cheesy. It just goes to show the true might Superman posess. I think we all got a glimpse of Superman Prime in this movie.

Up In Flames
watch out for hulk 2- you gonna see some serious lifting going on!

MattDay
maybe, but now the guys writing hulk 2 have seen what superman has lifted and now they are gonna better it... then in superman returns again they will make a feat where superman betters the feats in hulk 2, then in hulk 3... see where im going with this?

smiley8
They have to make Hulk 2 100 times better cos that first movie was just horrendous!

MattDay
well i didn't mind the hulk being as weak as he was because he was always in his early stages of anger before he reverted back, they need him to keep going stronger until he is like the hulk we know in comics... a jobber lol no a really strong dude.

Sparkz
Aren't they remaking Hulk? I though they were re-casting getting a new director, changing the origin story everything...i think they are trying to make up from their mistakes...Well I read all this in a magazine anyway, before I thought it was just a sequel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.