The Justice Society

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Validus
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/JSA-slide-sca2-1.jpg

Huge team and that's not even all of them. I bet this relaunch ends up being better than JLA as is usually the case with JLA/JSA.

King_Mungi
Yeah I'm stooked for this, I wonder who the shadowy figure is behind Wildcat?. You can see his eyes in the shadows

I guess Sandman is going back to a more traditonal look, which is a'ok with me. However, I thought Liberty Bell losts all her powers recently?

Validus
Obsidian behind Ted.

From what I hear, Jesse Quick is the new Liberty Belle.

Looks like they brought in the Red Tornado from Kingdom Come.

batdude123
Where's Fate?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Validus
Obsidian behind Ted.

From what I hear, Jesse Quick is the new Liberty Belle.

Looks like they brought in the Red Tornado from Kingdom Come.

You think so? that would be cool to have the son of Alan Scott back. I really hope they change his attire though

Eh? Has she manifested a sonic scream since she lost her speed?

I'm not sure who that is, but I wonder if they did pluck him out from K.C

edit: wait isn't Obsidian powerless as well?

Originally posted by batdude123
Where's Fate?

Currently there is no fate

Validus
Obsidian got his powers back recently actually. He was confirmed by Geoff, along with Jesse, back at Comic Con.

KC Starman is on the team so thats just a guess on Red Tornado. She looks the part though.

King_Mungi
Obsidian got his powers back recently actually. He was confirmed by Geoff, along with Jesse, back at Comic Con.

KC Starman is on the team so thats just a guess on Red Tornado. She looks the part though.

Really? when did he get them back? and damn yeah I rarly read comic-con interviews

She sure does, I want to know how they explain this.

DarkCrawler
Sentinel, Jakeem Thunder, Mr. Terrific...yessss.

A.J
I got justice league #0 for free 2 days ago so I already knew. schmoll

King_Mungi
Originally posted by A.J
I got justice league #0 for free 2 days ago so I already knew. schmoll

Ummm...Justice League of America (JLA) isn't the same as Justice Society of America (JSA), which this thread is about

Validus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm...Justice League of America (JLA) isn't the same as Justice Society of America (JSA), which this thread is about
Not only that but JLA #0 doesn't even name the JLA lineup. confused

Since hypertime doesn't exist anymore, I bet KC and some of those other stories just collapsed into New Earth. We saw the Tangent Universe Green Lantern in IC #7.

I think Todd got his powers back in Manhunter. I need to check out the recent issues.

WrathfulDwarf
Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are in the society....wow, what a surprise. Also I want to point out something that doesn't make any sense. Take a closer look at Alan. Notice anything? That's right! If you're reading 52 you'll remenber that when the team returns to earth one of Alan's eyes was damage. He was wearing an eye patch.....where is the patch in the pic?

Damn you DC!!!! You know I love ya but when you make mistakes like these I will treat you like a cheap whore!!!!!

Validus
Wouldn't be the Society without Jay and Alan. Those two plus Hawkman are the pillars of the team.

Alan hasn't been wearing the patch in JSA yet he does in Checkmate. Strange stuff.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, I'm not disputing that. Is just that I though it will interesting if they pass the leadership torch to other members. Nothing much...

Also, strange stuff indeed....

King_Mungi
Not only that but JLA #0 doesn't even name the JLA lineup. confused

Since hypertime doesn't exist anymore, I bet KC and some of those other stories just collapsed into New Earth. We saw the Tangent Universe Green Lantern in IC #7.

I think Todd got his powers back in Manhunter. I need to check out the recent issues.

Nope, just showed possible candiates pictures

Oh yes the lantern post, it's a very likely explanation of their sudden apperance.

Yeah I havn't picked up Manhunter, the story didn't crank me. I picked up Creeper and that was meh!

Validus
Did you try out the new Freedom Fighters series? I think the first issue was pretty intriguing.

King_Mungi
Did you try out the new Freedom Fighters series? I think the first issue was pretty intriguing.

Not yet, but I plan on to. The new Ray and Phantom Lady has intriqued me.

ScarletSpider
Isn't the new Mr. Terrific still chairman? That might change with the new series, but after Hawkman returned, Carter declined the position and said Terrific would be the ideal chairman/leader.

As to Starman, I hope they pick up the plots from Robinson's Starman series and have it be Thom Kallor/Danny Blaine.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are in the society....wow, what a surprise. Also I want to point out something that doesn't make any sense. Take a closer look at Alan. Notice anything? That's right! If you're reading 52 you'll remenber that when the team returns to earth one of Alan's eyes was damage. He was wearing an eye patch.....where is the patch in the pic?

Damn you DC!!!! You know I love ya but when you make mistakes like these I will treat you like a cheap whore!!!!!

I dunno....Alan's power causes him not to age, and if he's back to Sentinel he's a living embodiment of the Starheart. The patch makes no sense. He should just be able to reconstitute his eye with no problem.

Anyway, JSA is always better than the JLA....they just get 2nd billing, which is unfortunate. I'll be keeping an eye on it, though I probably won't be able to follow the series.

Doc Potato
Good lineup, pretty much all the essentials... maybe too big though... need to cut out some of those IMHO...

grey fox
Why the hell does jakeem look in his forties...he looks like one of those old guy's who tires to be 'hip' but fails miserably...

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I dunno....Alan's power causes him not to age, and if he's back to Sentinel he's a living embodiment of the Starheart. The patch makes no sense. He should just be able to reconstitute his eye with no problem.

Anyway, JSA is always better than the JLA....they just get 2nd billing, which is unfortunate. I'll be keeping an eye on it, though I probably won't be able to follow the series. He has the eye missing in checkmate as well.

Doc Potato
Hmm... maybe he evntually magics it back...

Validus
Yeah, it really shouldn't be too hard to give himself a new eye.

Originally posted by grey fox
Why the hell does jakeem look in his forties...he looks like one of those old guy's who tires to be 'hip' but fails miserably...
That's the Thunderbolt shooting out of his eyes and across his forehead. I thought it was a wrinkle at first.

kenobi
That is not the Red Tornado in the line-up. It is Commander Steel the grandfather to the first Steel that was in the failed JLA Detroit lineup. That Steel was the only cool member of that horrible JLA team but he was killed off by Professor Ivo.

Doc Potato
Right... confused

pr1983
Can someone do me a teeny favour and name that team for me?

I barely know who's who outside of the old lineup (Terrific, Sentinel, Hawkman, Atom Smasher and so on), and im curious as to who's who...

Validus
Originally posted by kenobi
That is not the Red Tornado in the line-up. It is Commander Steel the grandfather to the first Steel that was in the failed JLA Detroit lineup. That Steel was the only cool member of that horrible JLA team but he was killed off by Professor Ivo.
I know who Steel is. We were discussing the red headed girl next to Jay.

Originally posted by pr1983
Can someone do me a teeny favour and name that team for me?

I barely know who's who outside of the old lineup (Terrific, Sentinel, Hawkman, Atom Smasher and so on), and im curious as to who's who...

Clockwise from left to right:

Damage
Flash
Maxine Hunkel (Kingdom Come Red Tornado)
Hawkman
Wildcat
Obsidian
Dr. Mid-nite
Green Lantern
Hourman
Liberty Belle
Commander Steel
Stargirl
Starman
Power Girl
JJ Thunder
The Sandman
Mr. Terrific

pr1983

Damage
Flash
Hawkman
Wildcat
Obsidian
Dr. Mid-nite
Green Lantern
Hourman
Liberty Belle
Commander Steel
Stargirl
Starman
Power Girl
JJ Thunder
The Sandman
Mr. Terrific

Thx dude... though could you tell me, is damage related to atom smasher in any way?

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
Thx dude... though could you tell me, is damage related to atom smasher in any way?
Not really. Damage's father is Atom Smasher's Godfather. They're pretty close friends though.

pr1983
Not really. Damage's father is Atom Smasher's Godfather. They're pretty close friends though.

Ah, ok... i had mistaken him for smasher, thats why i asked...

King_Mungi
Whatever happened with Atom Smasher possibly joining the Suicide Squad? anything come of it?
=====
Sidenote: Damage's father is the Golden Age Atom (Al Pratt)

kenobi

Damage
Flash
Hawkman
Wildcat
Obsidian
Dr. Mid-nite
Green Lantern
Hourman
Liberty Belle
Commander Steel
Stargirl
Starman
Power Girl
JJ Thunder
The Sandman
Mr. Terrific My bad, I thought that you were talking about Comm. Steele.

kenobi
Damage should not be that big. I think that look is better on Atom Smasher.

R.O.T. Yahman

Anyway, JSA is always better than the JLA ....they just get 2nd billing, which is unfortunate. .

I disagree ..... I hardly regard Supes, Wonder Woman, Hal and Bats as 'second billing'. IMO the Geoff Johns JSA was the mystical equivalent of Morissons and Waids JLA. The team seemed to focus more on magical threats where as the JLA has always been more sci fi based.

Ion, is G.J. writing this new rendition of the JSA, or is his riduclously demanding schedule finally taking its toll ?

Juntai
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I disagree ..... I hardly regard Supes, Wonder Woman, Hal and Bats as 'second billing'. IMO the Geoff Johns JSA was the mystical equivalent of Morissons and Waids JLA. The team seemed to focus more on magical threats where as the JLA has always been more sci fi based.

Ion, is G.J. writing this new rendition of the JSA, or is his riduclously demanding schedule finally taking its toll ? The last run of JSA was one of the best comics runs I've ever read, serious.

Juntai
Oh and Yahman, the guy you quoted was JSA takes the backseat to JLA, getting 'second billing', even though he sees the team as better.

No one said JLA are second billing.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
The last run of JSA was one of the best comics runs I've ever read, serious.

I've only read the Black Vengeance Arc ..... but the last JSA run is highly regarded. Im suprised it lasted longer than Morissons JLA run though. I've just spent the last week re-reading all 50 something issues, and its definitetly my favourite group of stories.

In a fight, i dont think the JLA (even Morissons 'unstoppable' line up) would stand a chance against the JSA. I would go as far to say that the Thunderbolt is one of D.C's 10 most powerful characters.

Juntai
I've only read the Black Vengeance Arc ..... but the last JSA run is highly regarded. Im suprised it lasted longer than Morissons JLA run though. I've just spent the last week re-reading all 50 something issues, and its definitetly my favourite group of stories.

In a fight, i dont think the JLA (even Morissons 'unstoppable' line up) would stand a chance against the JSA. I would go as far to say that the Thunderbolt is one of D.C's 10 most powerful characters. I loved the JLA run, probably the first 50 issue arc, ending with Mageddon the most..
JLA trailed off horribly near the end of its run tho...
I seriously barely wanted to buy the last handful of issues.

JSA Classified is also a FAR better comic than JLA Classified.
I'm steady dissapointed in the JLA one.

King_Mungi
As a villian Gentleman Ghost is a pretty stylish villian to end the old series on smile

Juntai
As a villian Gentleman Ghost is a pretty stylish villian to end the old series on smile That's what I liked about the JSA run, the whole 80 issues kicked ass.

King_Mungi
I also agree, JSA: Classified is a better read than it's JLA counterpart. Can't go wrong in the first ark actually revealing the true origin of Powergirl

Validus
Ion, is G.J. writing this new rendition of the JSA, or is his riduclously demanding schedule finally taking its toll ?
He's still writing with Alex Ross helping out a bit so it should be awesome.

I loved the JLA run, probably the first 50 issue arc, ending with Mageddon the most..
JLA trailed off horribly near the end of its run tho...
I seriously barely wanted to buy the last handful of issues.

JSA Classified is also a FAR better comic than JLA Classified.
I'm steady dissapointed in the JLA one.
I would say Obsidian Age was the last good JLA arc (disregarding Crisis of Conscience). After that they wasted so much of the book introducing new characters and all the JL Elite rubbish. It got pretty bad.

Juntai
He's still writing with Alex Ross helping out a bit so it should be awesome.

I would say Obsidian Age was the last good JLA arc (disregarding Crisis of Conscience). After that they wasted so much of the book introducing new characters and all the JL Elite rubbish. It got pretty bad. I like Manchester Black, but that JLElite as a whole, I was really not feeling. The only cool thing to come out of that was seeing Manchester about to take over the Whorlogog, the moment of two teams seeing eachother across the planet and Flash being in both locations... And the whole thing between Manitou, his woman, and Green Arrow. Batgirl and Deathstroke were also a decent touch. And Supes showing up in the last issues.

But I could care less about Vera, the other girl with the aliens, who got em from her sister after Supes kicked the original elites ass. I could care less about Coldcast and his family problems...most of that whole plot and all but a few of its characters actually, lol.

Juntai
Official JSA Thread.

Ready, go.

Lucid Lui
Sure seems that way.

Good issue, but a quick read.

Juntai
Johns stories are always so good you just want more.
big grin

grey fox
As in Golden age 'leap tall buildings' ? Because I LOVE that era. Classic is cool cool

Deathstroke
It figures something crazy would happen the one week I can't afford to get it.

Validus
As in Golden age 'leap tall buildings' ? Because I LOVE that era. Classic is cool cool
As in Silver Age 'fly through time' Superman.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5636/17wn0.th.jpg http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7166/1819zv9.th.jpg http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9545/20el3.th.jpg

Wouldn't it mean something like this is canon for Supes? ermmnone

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pc2oe7.jpg

grey fox
Odd ?

I heard that Kal-L had punched out of his grave.

Validus
Odd ?

I heard that Kal-L had punched out of his grave.
That was a preview for an upcoming issue and that was also months ago.

Superherovandal
I only thought it meant that his Legion adventures were canon.

manorastroman
how come the fellow in red on the far right bottom row doesn't get a name? sad

Validus
Originally posted by manorastroman
Because he isn't a statue. Notice theres two of them?

roughrider
Originally posted by manorastroman

Yeah, no respect for Wildfire! For shame.

Is that Superboy in those scans? Not Superboy Prime - surely. confused

Validus
Originally posted by roughrider
Is that Superboy in those scans? Not Superboy Prime - surely. confused
doh

roughrider
doh

I only say it because he looks younger. And because Superboy was a member of the Legion. Different Superboy, I guess.

roughrider
I just re-read Superboy's history on Wiki. Jesus, even after all these decades, the continuity of Superboy's involvement with the Legion is a bloody mess. AND, the courts are invovled away from the page, for the family of Jerry Siegel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy

Validus
I only say it because he looks younger. And because Superboy was a member of the Legion. Different Superboy, I guess.
What are you talking? That's Superman in those scans.

Skeets
Doesn't it just rile you up...13

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Doesn't it just rile you up...13
It kind of does. ermmnone

Skeets
It kind of does. ermmnone
And even after you explain it...13
So Wildfire is one of the 5 that the JSA and JLA are looking for?

Validus
And even after you explain it...13
So Wildfire is one of the 5 that the JSA and JLA are looking for?
Wildfire and Dream Girl were found in this issue.

Skeets
Wildfire and Dream Girl were found in this issue.
Cool...Cool..herbeyes

Validus
I hate you. herbcry

Skeets
I still Luvs u ...herbhappy

King_Mungi
Good issue, I'm a huge fan of Sand/Sandman/Sandy. Love his new costume.

Validus
I still Luvs u ...herbhappy
Your hate can't touch me. DC is finally righting something that's been wrong for 20 years. Nothing can touch me on this day!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/Manberg/hiphop.gif

Skeets
Your hate can't touch me. DC is finally righting something that's been wrong for 20 years. Nothing can touch me on this day!

omg

Evil_Ash

I hate you.

You just made me waste 3 hours of my life watching that image, hoping for Mr. T to punch the guy to the left.

roughrider

Superman was never a member of the Legion. Superboy was.

Validus
Superman was never a member of the Legion. Superboy was.
Superboy = Superman....when he was a boy

Why do you think Juntai said in the first post that Superman's PC stories were back as canon? Did you read the scans?

"MY Legion flight ring."
"They were MY friends."
"Wow! YOU (Superman) had a lot of friends."
They brought ME to to their future to make ME an honorary member."

roughrider
Superboy = Superman....when he was a boy

Why do you think Juntai said in the first post that Superman's PC stories were back as canon? Did you read the scans?

"MY Legion flight ring."
"They were MY friends."
"Wow! YOU (Superman) had a lot of friends."
They brought ME to to their future to make ME an honorary member."

Yes, I read them...which is why I'm confused because Superman wasn't a member, Superboy was. And he's drawn to look very young in those pages, which makes me wonder what is going on. I'd need to see the full issue.
Those pages aren't from a precrisis comic, either. You can tell by the art. And if you look in my Wiki stub, you can see DC's confusion over his membership in the Legion or not.

Blair Wind
Yes, I read them...which is why I'm confused because Superman wasn't a member, Superboy was. And he's drawn to look very young in those pages, which makes me wonder what is going on. I'd need to see the full issue.
Those pages aren't from a precrisis comic, either. You can tell by the art. And if you look in my Wiki stub, you can see DC's confusion over his membership in the Legion or not.

Superman was called Superboy when he was a kid....no expression

Then there was the Superboy that was a clone of Superman, and he was a member of the Legion when he went into the future as a Teen Titan. Both have been Legion members

Validus
Yes, I read them...which is why I'm confused because Superman wasn't a member, Superboy was.
Superman = Kal-El Age 30-35
Superboy = Kal-El Age 15-18

In the Silver Age DCU, Superboy (who grew up to become Superman) was a member of the Legion. After the first Crisis, this was retconned out. Now, after Infinite Crisis, another retcon has happened that restores the Silver Age history. Superman, as Superboy, was a member of the Legion. Capiche?

And he's drawn to look very young in those pages, which makes me wonder what is going on. I'd need to see the full issue.
Actually all you have to do is read the scan. Look at his conversation with Cyclone and Stargirl.

"When I was your age...."

Stargirl is about 16. Cyclone is 18.

Those pages aren't from a precrisis comic, either. You can tell by the art.
Go figure. You can also tell from the OP.
Anyone else get this?
And did anyone realise what happened?

In case you didn't pick up on it, or didn't get the issue..-- without ruining any of the plot really -- Apperently Superman's 'pre-crisis' stories, are back in continuity.

And if you look in my Wiki stub, you can see DC's confusion over his membership in the Legion or not.
Wikipedia =/= DC

Martian_mind
Damn.....

Still,huge fan of Sand.

JSA has been pimp beyond belief this time round.

Juntai
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Damn.....

Still,huge fan of Sand.

JSA has been pimp beyond belief this time round. Yep, it's going to be the best overall book for as long as Johns stays on it. The last JSA series was incredible under his reign. This guy alone gets all the credit in the world for reviving this team that no one cared about 10 years ago.

And yes, Sand is the shit.

Juntai
Those pages aren't from a precrisis comic, either. You can tell by the art. And if you look in my Wiki stub, you can see DC's confusion over his membership in the Legion or not. Because it was Superman as a boy, as everyone else has just told you.

And no, that's not a Pre Crisis comic. It's a CURRENT comic -- this week actually -- of Superman, speaking the of PRE CRISIS era. And feating a bunch of PRE CRISIS characters.

Showing how the Pre Crisis era has moved back into DC continuity.

Symmetric Chaos
Has anyone considered that the Legion may have been changed to something different now?

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Has anyone considered that the Legion may have been changed to something different now? Not sure where you're going with this, the story involved Pre Crisis Legion characters and Superman spoke of his time with them being before the Original Crisis. Seems pretty basic to me.

Did you read the issue yet?

Skeets
Was Starman always like that?the way he is now I mean.

manjaro
its back in continuity becuz of 52. remember? the big secret was that the multiverse was restored and all these storeis are one year later. notice how they also reconciled it in a way that doesnt fuddle continuity too much.. meaning that tho as per byrne's revision and the latest "Superman:Birthright" that came out a few years ago he wasnt dressed up in a superman costume like E-2 kal-l as a kid, but rather as his powers developed he would secretly rescue ppl at super speeds, faster than anyone could see him.

in fact how he joined the legion was when he was plucked out of the time stream as a kid, they told him he would be the greatest hero and inspire generations, he adventured with them for years, and they returned him to the present shortly after they took him. in fact it was after seeing his adult self, he got the idea for the costume. ironically, this is the premise of the current LOSH cartoon thats on the air waves now.

so the moral is all those things did happen just not in the fantastic way it was shown in PC times when he was a super kid and he had krypto with him, and supergirl, and it was all giant robots and space aliens

King_Mungi
Was Starman always like that?the way he is now I mean.

No he was sane, and as Starboy had powers similar to Superboy until that was changed.

He was also the Kingdom Come Starman as well.

Juntai
Originally posted by manjaro
those things did happen just not in the fantastic way it was shown in PC times when he was a super kid and he had krypto with him, and supergirl, and it was all giant robots and space aliens ??

Skeets
No he was sane, and as Starboy had powers similar to Superboy until that was changed.

He was also the Kingdom Come Starman as well.
Has his insanity been explained yet in JSA?
I'm gonna see if I can get the first 5 issues later.

Juntai
Has his insanity been explained yet in JSA?
I'm gonna see if I can get the first 5 issues later. Not yet, it's probably part of the story.. Similar to Karate Kid not knowing who he was.

manorastroman
i hope they explain why starman keeps yelping "52!!"...or is that the number of universes in the new multiverse, or what?

Validus
52 is the number of Earth's in the DC multiverse.

manjaro
??

meaining in the PC superboy days every ish he was facing off against another survivor from krypton, corn ball alien invaders or a giant robot that escaped out of some mad scientists lab, while he was on a date with lana, or some fancy ray hit the animals at the circus and they go on a rampage and gain super abilites.

but in Birthright it showed that he was just a regualr kid with super powers, whizzing pass ppl at super speeds and recusing them from burning buildings, and collapsing structures, and fleeing bank robbers

Symmetric Chaos
Not sure where you're going with this, the story involved Pre Crisis Legion characters and Superman spoke of his time with them being before the Original Crisis. Seems pretty basic to me.

I mean this could (in theory) be some new PostCrisis version of the Legion.

Did you read the issue yet?

Haven't read it yet actually. The place I get comics doesn't get issues in till the end of each month.

Juntai
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I mean this could (in theory) be some new PostCrisis version of the Legion.

Haven't read it yet actually. The place I get comics doesn't get issues in till the end of each month. He said it took place BEFORE the ORIGINAL Crisis. And depicts them in all their Pre Crisis glory.

There is currently a LOSH ongoing, that is the current post-crisis version. So that's not really an option imo.

Thats bogus @ Local comic shop.

jumpmann
It doesn't mean those old Silver Age stories are cannon...it just means current Clark ran around with the Legion at one point.

Symmetric Chaos
He said it took place BEFORE the ORIGINAL Crisis. And depicts them in all their Pre Crisis glory.

There is currently a LOSH ongoing, that is the current post-crisis version. So that's not really an option imo.

hmm I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

So the new PreCrisisSuperman will have to be him between COIE and IC?

Thats bogus @ Local comic shop.

Yeah. Shop . . . leftright

Soljer
While this is very interesting, I don't think that alone solidifies pre crisis as canon. erm.

WrathfulDwarf
The Story was okay. But this issue certainly would have been really good if Dale Eaglesham didn't took a break.

Story okay...

Artwork did lack...

grey fox
Can't wait until KC Supes crosses over.

marvelprince
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Story was okay. But this issue certainly would have been really good if Dale Eaglesham didn't took a break.

Story okay...

Artwork did lack...

I agree here. John's rocks out loud as always, but the art really took a dive this issue.

WrathfulDwarf
Annual coming out this summer

Cartesian Doubt
Arguably the best team book around at the moment, with the only other contender being the T.Bolts.

I love the current Gog arc, who would have thought that Gog Prime was one of the elder Gods of the third world. Im so glad Geoff Johns has brought back Allstar supes; it will be good to see a Kryptonian who can actually match Prime, in the power department.

Deathstroke
Anyone read the latest issue? It was pretty sweet.

King_Mungi
Yeah, and the Gog battle with Infinity Man was interesting

Deathstroke
Yeah, and the Gog battle with Infinity Man was interesting
Yeah and the last page set up what looks like another interesting battle.

King_Mungi
It was a nice reference to Kingdom Come

DigiMark007
I agree. Alan's KC GL-outfit was a nice touch.

I know we like to wank JSA on this forum, but it's completely justified. Outside of "classic" comics stuff like Gaiman or Moore, and occasional indy mini-series from respected writers, this is consistently the best book in comics, and has been so for a while.

superchron
So what did happen in the last issue?

Juntai

I know we like to wank JSA on this forum, but it's completely justified. Outside of "classic" comics stuff like Gaiman or Moore, and occasional indy mini-series from respected writers, this is consistently the best book in comics, and has been so for a while. cosign.

starlock

I know we like to wank JSA on this forum, but it's completely justified. Outside of "classic" comics stuff like Gaiman or Moore, and occasional indy mini-series from respected writers, this is consistently the best book in comics, and has been so for a while.

I cant argue with that, though for me ,it started to creep up on me recently, i started to notice when it had a slight delay and i kept bugging my comic guy "where is jsa#"laughing and i have to admit it might be my favorite title right now

Galan007
this is consistently the best book in comics, and has been so for a while. JSA.... and Blue Beetle, . ermmnone

Anyhow,
This was a great read, some things were a tad anti-climactic // but I love how KC is being slowly incorporated into every issue. thumb up

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
JSA.... and Blue Beetle, . ermmnone

Anyhow,
This was a great read, some things were a tad anti-climactic // but I love how KC is being slowly incorporated into every issue. thumb up

Blue Beetle > JSA, if it makes you feel better, Galan.

But Iron Fist > Both. (For the next issue or two, anyways...)

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer

But Iron Fist > Both. (For the next issue or two, anyways...) Aww, thanks Soljer. bashful

And IF = my favorite current Marvel title for now, but give it a few weeks. thumb down

Tetragrammaton
Countdown > JSA

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
Countdown > JSA

Quoted for the mother ****ing truth!

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Soljer

But Iron Fist > Both. (For the next issue or two, anyways...) definitely. Its one of the few series that I generally look forward too. I must admit though, I have been enjoying the recent Wolverine arc. I would definitely recommended it to anyone looking for a good wolverine story (which is very rare)

HueyFreeman
Countdown > JSA A little portion of my spirit just died.

Deathstroke
Countdown > JSA
Reported.

Galan007
I'm pretty sure if you took all the 'good parts' (lol), of Countdown up to this point, and merged them into a single comic -- it still wouldn't be as good as the crappiest JSA comic.

Not joking. bermm

llagrok
Countdown > JSA

Reported.

Quoted for the mother ****ing truth!

Kill yourself....canadian uhuh

Raoul
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm pretty sure if you took all the 'good parts' (lol), of Countdown up to this point, and merged them into a single comic -- it still wouldn't be as good as the crappiest JSA comic.

Not joking. bermm

pretty much...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by llagrok
Kill yourself....canadian uhuh

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
I'm making this the official JSA thread, since I couldn't find one in the search. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Symmetric Chaos

DigiMark007
Oh, and my reason for the bump:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3853/gogbi3.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3853/gogbi3.0930427604.jpg

Well, he does.

no expression

Troop
I'm making this the official JSA thread, since I couldn't find one in the search. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=416106&pagenumber=4

Is that it?

DigiMark007
No.

This is it now.

no expression

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Also, merged.

Troop
Your welcome. cool

Soljer
Oh, and my reason for the bump:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3853/gogbi3.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3853/gogbi3.0930427604.jpg

Well, he does.

no expression

All over Digi.

*cough*.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.