Which religion's Afterlife would you want to be in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kreiger
I personally would like the Norse Afterlife, you fight all day, and when you die you go to the Great Hall where you eat until the next fight

Templares
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
I personally would like the Norse Afterlife, you fight all day, and when you die you go to the Great Hall where you eat until the next fight

Getting hot and steamy with the elves of Valinor.

Regret

I like the Mormon one, if you are capable of it you might become a God. We believe man's spirit is literally God's offspring in some way, thus the possibility is there.

lord xyz
The firey pits of hell! Anything's better than the Dark Ages. w00t

Shakyamunison
Not all religions have an afterlife.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not all religions have an afterlife. I thought Buddhism did have an afterlife after 100s of other forms.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
I thought Buddhism did have an afterlife after 100s of other forms.

Some forms of Buddhism does, however, thinking about the afterlife does not lead to enlightenment in this life time. Buddhism is practical and the afterlife is not practical.

lord xyz
Some forms of Buddhism does, however, thinking about the afterlife does not lead to enlightenment in this life time. Buddhism is practical and the afterlife is not practical. Y'know, everything I thought was Buddhism is not what you believe. Maybe I should learn a bit more about it and then wait before jumping to conclusions and assuming what you believe.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Y'know, everything I thought was Buddhism is not what you believe. Maybe I should learn a bit more about it and then wait before jumping to conclusions and assuming what you believe.

I understand. When I became a Buddhist, I realized that everything that I thought I knew about Buddhism was not. However, there are so many types of Buddhists that it is like only knowing about Catholics and them meeting a Mormon.

Darth Kreiger
I'm saying which afterlife would you like to have from any religion, if you want one at all

lord xyz
I'm saying which afterlife would you like to have from any religion, if you want one at all Why should we have an afterlife? Isn't one life enough?

Dr. §trangelove
I would like one of two things: Reincarnation, or the Greek Underworld.

Remember, the Underwolrd does not mean Hell There are three 'sections' of the Greek Underworld;
Tartarus- basically, Hell
Asphodel Meadows- pretty much Purgatory
Elysian Fields- their version of Heaven

Darth Kreiger
Greek Underworld is alright, that would definately be a good one, and who said that meant hell?

Also, Lord XYZ, I said if you want one at all

Nerevar
In the muslim religion you go to the 'land of the sacred virgins' or something right?

Darth Kreiger
Martyrs apparently get 72 virgins

Lord Urizen
I WANT 72 VIRGINS ! MALE VIRGINS droolio

Shakyamunison
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Urizen
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

Imperial_Samura
Martyrs apparently get 72 virgins

I always wondered... who are these virgins? Is this some sort of after life slavery? If you die a virgin you get given to a martyr? Or are they made to order kind of things and never actually lived? And what does one do with a virgin in the afterlife, I mean, you haven't body, And considering you will be with them for eternity surely 72 virgins isn't going to last one (since I am judging human nature here and thinking sex will be involved.)

Anyway, after life's I like - Yes, the Norse one does appeal to me.

Likewise I like the very literary nature of the Greek one, and there is always the chance there one could get out (as seemed to happen with alarming frequency.) That, and Hades has always struck me as the Mr. Darcy of the Greek Pantheon.

Also like the Hindu/Buddhist reincarnation cycles - seems worthwhile to me.

mahasattva

I like the the concept of Pure Land Buddhism where we are born in Pure land of Perfect Bliss in western universe if we have faith to learn and hear the name Amitabha(Infinite life) Buddha.

There is an old Japanese saying, "Despise and abandon the impure world, and seek rebirth in the pure land." For a long time, Buddhism has been thought of as an escapist, passive and world-despising religion, as epitomized by this saying urging people to reject the real world that is so full of suffering and yearn for rebirth in the Pure Land of Perfect Bliss after death.

But the concept of a pure land existing apart from reality is nothing more than an expedient means expounded in accordance with people's capacity. While such a teaching may give temporary consolation, it will not enable people to realize true happiness or achieve real enlightenment. There is NO need to abandon this saha world(this world full of suffering and endurance) and seek rebirth in some other land rather we should seek the pure land in this saha world.

In essence, this world of reality is itself the pure land or heavenly land. And the spirit of Buddhism lies in tenaciously working to make that original pure land become manifest. Buddhism is certainly not a religion that encourages people to aim solely for personal enlightenment, secluding themselves away from others and society in mountains and forests. Nor is it a religion that urges people to give up on the present and place all their hopes in the promise of happiness after death.

Regulus A Black
Originally posted by Regret
I like the Mormon one, if you are capable of it you might become a God. We believe man's spirit is literally God's offspring in some way, thus the possibility is there.

sounds good to me thumb up

Mr. Sandman
I want to go to the Heaven of the Church of Sand. There, I get a woman or five every night and drink all night without throwing up or a hangover the next morning, and my job is to play games and give breast exams. And pot is legal, and acid is a delicacy. ****in' trippy, man.

And NO CHILDREN.

Nogoodnamesleft
I guess Islam, because u get 72 personal virgins when you die. And you can bang them for all eternity.

Alliance
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
I guess Islam, because u get 72 personal virgins when you die. And you can bang them for all eternity.

Its a lie. Those 72 virgins are old ugly lesbians that won't let you touch them.

Nogoodnamesleft
Originally posted by Alliance
Its a lie. Those 72 virgins are old ugly lesbians that won't let you touch them.

K, then not Islam. Isn't there a religion where when you die, you get to kill everybody who ever pissed you off in life and stick them in Hell?

Lumanix
Originally posted by Templares
Getting hot and steamy with the elves of Valinor.

Alliance
K, then not Islam. Isn't there a religion where when you die, you get to kill everybody who ever pissed you off in life and stick them in Hell?

No. Try being productive for a change.

Nogoodnamesleft
Hmm...maybe I should create my own religion...it would probably attract a lot of followers...the main thing of it is that you can get into Heaven as long as you do whatever I tell you to. But if you don't do what I say then you go into the eternal frying pan.

Lord Urizen
Hmm...maybe I should create my own religion...it would probably attract a lot of followers...the main thing of it is that you can get into Heaven as long as you do whatever I tell you to. But if you don't do what I say then you go into the eternal frying pan.

You're copying Christianity sad

Darth Kreiger

I give you permission to do so, as long as you either have a Ritualistic Mass suicide, or make a Bunker and fight the FBI

Alliance
or make a Bunker and fight the FBI
In which cas I assure you you will lose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.