Wonderman vs Jonn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Which hero has it worse??

Both suffer from being shoved into the shadow of the main men, ie Thor sick and Superman sick .

Wonder Man is pretty limited as a powerset, and is never touted to be the most powerful on Earth.

Jonn is, but Wonderman at least doesn't have all the power potential that Jonn does.
He's not written down, but completely bypassed in favor of a superior product if you will.

Someone on another board asked this question of which is worse...........................

"It sort of begs the question of whether it's worse to never make it to the top because of your limits or to have the talent and be held back and screwed over ?"

Choose and elaborate upon why smokin'

darthgoober
I think Wonderman has it a little worse. At least some people acknowledge how powerful he really is(Superman being one of them).

Mider999
wonder woman is strong enough to fight supes, BUT if she isnt as good as supes she still has all those darn weapons

jonn on the other hand owned the entire JLA when he was fernus and superman even said im not the strongest on earth jonn is

UniOmni
Dammit people!! I'm trying to make some more interesting debates!!

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Dammit people!! I'm trying to make some more interesting debates!!
This isn't interesting. Wonder Man being in Thor's shadow is about as wrong as the sky being blue.

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
This isn't interesting. Wonder Man being in Thor's shadow is about as wrong as the sky being blue.

Meaning...not wrong at all? What point were you making?

UniOmni

Take it backblue_bandana

MJOILNIR
Well I believe its far worse to have the talent but never get the credit. That felling of "damn it, I know I can do this if they would give me a chance" is a bad one to cope with.

Validus
Take it backblue_bandana
Personally I think anyone calling J'onn the most powerful person on DC Earth is full of it. Not with all the powerful mages and Green Lantern's who consider Earth their home. He's not even Top 5.

UniOmni
Personally I think anyone calling J'onn the most powerful person on DC Earth is full of it. Not with all the powerful mages and Green Lantern's who consider Earth their home. He's not even Top 5.

I agree.
Between Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Flash, all the GLs and others, he isn't top of the heap.
I figured that they meant physically powerful.

batdude123
I agree.
Between Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Flash, all the GLs and others, he isn't top of the heap.
I figured that they meant physically powerful.

I don't think that's the case either. He isn't stronger nor faster than Superman.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
I don't think that's the case either. He isn't stronger nor faster than Superman.
Strength is only a matter of amping. If J'onn is sucking in mass from the Earth, there isn't much to stop his strength from increasing exponentially.

Should be J'onn be under Superman? Perhaps not but he really doesn't have it any worse than any under DC hero who are usually passed over in his favor.

UniOmni
But i've never seen another character so abused, when having so much potential.

Its like he's got a target on his back.

Kyle and Firestorm have the excuses of being rookies/ new to the power/game.

Jonn predates Superman as a hero. He was the Bronze Wraith!!

There is no excuse for him to be shown as inept as he is at times.

GL maybe, and probably firestorm.

Those are the only ones who imo, are more powerful than Superman.

batdude123
Strength is only a matter of amping. If J'onn is sucking in mass from the Earth, there isn't much to stop his strength from increasing exponentially.

Superman can suck energy from a mass millions of times greater than earth itself. There's more potential for Superman than there is for J'onn. Superman is THE most physically strong character on DC Earth imo.

Validus
Superman can suck energy from a mass millions of times greater than earth itself. There's more potential for Superman than there is for J'onn. Superman is THE most physically strong character on DC Earth imo.
And J'onn can go planet hopping and suck the mass from every planet there. Strength doesn't matter between the two.

Validus
Kyle and Firestorm have the excuses of being rookies/ new to the power/game.

Jonn predates Superman as a hero. He was the Bronze Wraith!!

That excuse works for Kyle and Jason but what about Hal and Martin Stein?

UniOmni
They're older, so the power taxes them more?

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Well I believe its far worse to have the talent but never get the credit. That felling of "damn it, I know I can do this if they would give me a chance" is a bad one to cope with.
Dang-it, I tried to stick to the topiccry Go ahead, Ignore mecursing Im taking my toys and goin' homecrybabybaby

batdude123
And J'onn can go planet hopping and suck the mass from every planet there. Strength doesn't matter between the two.

The sun still has WAY more mass and energy then all of the planets in the solar system combined. I never said strength mattered between the two, just that Superman is the most physically strong character on DC Earth.

Validus
They're older, so the power taxes them more?
That's weak as hell. no expression

Hal could easily modify his body to be eternally young. Hell, Hal could permanently change his body to anything he wanted. He could be a Kryptonian, a Martian, a Daxamite, etc.

Stein was a God when he was the sole Firestorm. Nothing more to say there.

Validus
The sun still has WAY more mass and energy then all of the planets in the solar system combined. I never said strength mattered between the two, just that Superman is the most physically strong character on DC Earth.
I'm not talking about just the solar system.

Besides, Superman's so called strength edge is not enough to logically make him powerful than J'onn. Looking at powersets, J'onn is clearly more powerful.

batdude123
I'm not talking about just the solar system.

Besides, Superman's so called strength edge is not enough to logically make him powerful than J'onn. Looking at powersets, J'onn is clearly more powerful.

Again, I am NOT saying that Superman is overall more powerful. I'm simply saying he's stronger.

UniOmni
That's weak as hell. no expression

Hal could easily modify his body to be eternally young. Hell, Hal could permanently change his body to anything he wanted. He could be a Kryptonian, a Martian, a Daxamite, etc.

Stein was a God when he was the sole Firestorm. Nothing more to say there.

Yeah i know. I wish they did a oneshot, where Guy or John permanently altered their DNA to that of a mix between a Daxamite, New God and Martian.

While removing the weaknesses of all.

A being who was fast and strong and durable as hell, while also able to consciously use powerful tp and shapeshifting and all the green martian powers.

While being powered up from all the technology, ala New Gods.

He'd make entire teams bite the curb.

And the fact that they could do so, but won't, is a testament to how powerful a gl really is.

batdude123
Yeah i know. I wish they did a oneshot, where Guy or John permanently altered their DNA to that of a mix between a Daxamite, New God and Martian.

While removing the weaknesses of all.

A being who was fast and strong and durable as hell, while also able to consciously use powerful tp and shapeshifting and all the green martian powers.

While being powered up from all the technology, ala New Gods.

He'd make entire teams bite the curb.

And the fact that they could do so, but won't, is a testament to how powerful a gl really is.

That'd be boring as hell imo.

Validus
Of course but it would be cool that one company would acknowledge the fact that punching really hard isn't the be all, end all super power it seems to be.

The most powerful guy in each company is a superman type. Why? Who knows?

UniOmni

Not if they had him fighting the threats that nobody else could deal with.

If they had him beating up heroes, ala Supergirl, just to prove how powerful he is, then yeah its boring.

Heck, Surfer can do all those things except for shape shifting, and he's hella popular.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.