Jedi, would they make good Politicians in the SW universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

felix111
this is kinda random but does anyone think jedi would be good politicians? im not sure................

Infinity
hmm... arent their already jedi politicians..? leia ?

Sith Lord Windu
depends on thier personality. most would be bad or inexperienced, they are best doing thier job IMO.

exanda kane
Lots of Jedi are politically minded, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (named the Negotiater) , Count Dooku and Leia aswell, and Sith seem to be too.

This is a pretty weak quote but Kreia says all Jedi should seek to master a skill anyone can, to further ground themselves in the force, or along similar lines.

Blue_Hefner
Does the name Darth Sidious ring any bells?

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Does the name Darth Sidious ring any bells?

i didn't realise that palp' was a jedi! laughing

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
i didn't realise that palp' was a jedi! laughing He isn't, but you're not getting the point.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
He isn't, but you're not getting the point.

how stupid are you?

i was joaking, thats why i put the laughing sign at the end of the sentence.

i get the point but the title says JEDI, so i thought id lighten things up. palp' is a prime example but he had his own agenda...oh yeah, all politicans do laughing laughing

Lord Saboteur
how stupid are you?

i was joaking, thats why i put the laughing sign at the end of the sentence.

i get the point but the title says JEDI, so i thought id lighten things up. palp' is a prime example but he had his own agenda...oh yeah, all politicans do laughing laughing Wee, I'm bored so I'll entertain the thought here. What agenda did Padme have, SLW? What agenda did Bail and Mon Mothma have? I don't see anything leading to them having secret agendas at all. Generalization fails. no expression

Sith Lord Windu
no but do you live in the real world. they all do, good guy and gals do because they want to survive and protect thier potiton, stop the evil and curroupt people getting into power and proberly highly paid job. the sith want to have power. generalisation is valid Happy Dance

then again SW is a very nieve view on things, good and evil is black and white, whereas the real world its very grey, or at least a little grey.

Lord Saboteur
no but do you live in the real world. they all do, good guy and gals do because they want to survive and protect thier potiton, stop the evil and curroupt people getting into power and proberly highly paid job. the sith want to have power. generalisation is valid Happy Dance

then again SW is a very nieve view on things, good and evil is black and white, whereas the real world its very grey, or at least a little grey. And I question whether or not you hold a bare semblance of what I'm saying to you. And seriously, think things through before you speak.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
And I question whether or not you hold a bare semblance of what I'm saying to you. And seriously, think things through before you speak.

the fact is that jedi are best doing what they do, not being politicians but advisors and protectors. if they become politicians then they may make bad decitions.

sith wouldnt be good politicians as they want power and would curroupt things, look at the galactic empire.

end of thread.

Bespin Bart
Look, I'm posting at the end of a thread! After the end, even.

Anyways, Jedi would make good politicians, IMO. Don't ask me why.

Decay
i think they would, but people wouldnt understand alot of the time, and probably kick them out. yoda saying anakin should let padme die and rejoyce that she has become one with the force got on some peoples nerves because they thought he was being very insensitive and didnt care. the truth is he can see the world in ways normal people cant, he knows what happens after death and knows its not bad.

people who dont understand this and only accept the world as they see it would probably be very annoyed to have the jedi take control. although alot wouldnt, some people in the star wars universe would probably react to jedi running things as people on earth would if a religious group too over the us senate and started running things based on their beliefs and caims that people just cant appreciate their views becuase they dont have the understanding of the afterlife/divine that the members of the religion does.

FeceMan
No, because the people would become agitated at their inaction. In the long-term, yes, they would be good politicians, but, to the people, they wouldn't. The Jedi already have a stigma attached to them, and being politicians would only make them seem more arrogant. Also, if one were to fall to the dark side, who knows how much havoc he could wreak (sounds...familiar...).

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by FeceMan
No, because the people would become agitated at their inaction. In the long-term, yes, they would be good politicians, but, to the people, they wouldn't. The Jedi already have a stigma attached to them, and being politicians would only make them seem more arrogant. Also, if one were to fall to the dark side, who knows how much havoc he could wreak (sounds...familiar...).

agreed. though they'll make good politicians.. yes

Sith Lord Windu
they would be good adviors to politicans but not as politicans. end of...

Jam-Jul_Lison
Politicians are good at one thing. That is telling lies and decieving people. Both of which are pretty much against the jedi code. Though it is right up the alley of a Sith Lord.

Leia never actualy become a jedi. Her Political life took to much time away from any time she had for jedi training. Luke taught her a few things but not much. In her early days as a politician her goal was to do what ever it took to help out the rebellion. Which in the eyes of many in the Empire, where terrorist.

Padme: Not a Jedi. But she had motives as well. To make things more peaceful no matter what it took. In the world of Politicians, some might have considered her weak.

Obi-Wan: Just cause he was good at negotiating does not mean he would be a good politician. The closest thing to a politician he ever was, was an ambassidor. We saw what can happen to Jedi Ambassiders in TPM.

Count Dooku: He left the jedi order cause of the corruption he saw in the Senate and stuff. He however ended up as a Political figure and wound up as a Sith Lord.

Yoda: About the only Jedi that could ever be a Politician. The only reason is cause of how long he had lived. He knew more then most people and was the wisest person in the galaxy in the time of the PT.

Mace Windu: No way in hell. His idea of impeachment is to come fully armed and ready to take the law into his own hands to arrest the person in charge of the Republic.

Captain REX
1) Well, in any case, the Empire was wrong. Leia was a terrorist according to the people who blew up planets for fun.

2) Those that would have considered her weak were the corrupted politicians, really...

3) The Sith told the Trade Federation not to negotiate anyways. Not a good representation of Jedi Ambassadors performing a successful mission.

4) I'm not sure what him being a Sith Lord has to do with his political skills. He was an incredible politician.

5) Yoda would have been an excellent politician, but I don't think he'd be the only one to do so.

6) Don't even think of starting that debate again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.