Darth Maul runs the Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
Yeah, that's right, another gauntlet thread.

15 minutes inbetween each match.

1. 10 stormtroopers (Death Star, where Vader and Obi fought).
2. 3 wampas (Episode V Ice Cave).
3. Delta squad: Boss, Fixer, Scorch, and Sev (Kayshyyyk jungle).
4. 2 ARC Troopers (Kamino platforms).
5.Geonisis Arena monsters: Reek, Nexu, and Acklay (Geonisis Arena).
6. AOTC Obi Wan and Anakin (Jedi temple).
7. Mara Jade (Eamperors hand), Aurra Sing, and Guri ( Courscant streets).
8. 6 Magnaguards (Utapau).
9. RODV Darth Vader (Kyshyyyk platform).
10. AOTC Count Dooku (Geonisis Hangar).

kamikz
However long he gets, I doubt he gets past 9, he will be to tired at that point, and Vader would be a good challenge either way....

Infinity
hmm well he takes on 1-2 in the matter of 5 seconds.
3 he uses the same tactics as assaj did on the clones. hide and run and pick them when they least expect it.
4 ezpk
5-ezpk coz he has lightsaber.
6- he defeats aotc anakin easily. very, but obi gives him some trouble, considering he dozent have qui gons lite saber around obi has a disadvantage.. maul takes it after a hard duel with obi. who makes a mistake.
7- depends on which mara jade.. jedi master. sick jade. emperors hand.. he takes down the other two with a hard battle but he succeeds
8- he dodges their shots until they have to reload and then slices them like their battle droids.
9.hmm i think maul will have a disadvantage because of his lack of experience but vader has his lack of accrobatics, agility. thats stuff. so this match depends on the first mistake.
10.the final duel. i made a story of this. considering dooku is stronger with the force,has lightning AND has already faught here the match is compromised. Dooku wins

Darth Sexy
Probably dies at 6. I don't see him getting past AOTC Anakin or Obiwan. He isn't Dooku and by AOTC Obiwan is considerably better with a defensive form.

Infinity
..hmm in ep1 obi used attack form vs. maul.. maul would own his little defensive noob form in aotc everyone cept yoda n dooku are shit..

Darth Sexy
Very unlikely, Obiwan's defense was called "impenetrable". Not to mention it clearly states that by TPM, Maul has reached his peak, while Obiwan doesn't reach it til ROTS or even ANH.

Infinity
by TPM, Maul has reached his peak, while Obiwan doesn't reach it til ROTS or even ANH.

u did not just say that...

Infinity
ANH... obi is shit.. he's an old geezer waiting for his cheesy watch(in his case a gold handle lightsaber) with a cheap pension...

Darth Sexy
#1. Maul DID reach his peak by TPM
#2. ANH Obiwan WAS the strongest version of Obiwan, at the very least in the force.

Infinity
lmaoo dude listen to urself... maul did not reach his peak by tpm he was 28. impossible to reach ur peak at that age... ani never reached his peak. depa never reached her peak. yoda did. mace did. dooku did. luke is on his way... but maul didnt.

Darth Sexy
what the hell are you talking about? Wow.

Infinity
wow dude... forget this. lets agree to disagree

Darth Sexy
ok troll.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Infinity
ANH... obi is shit.. he's an old geezer waiting for his cheesy watch(in his case a gold handle lightsaber) with a cheap pension...

?

He was younger than Qui Gon, Mace, Yoda, Sidious and Dooku, and you say he's shit because he's old?

By the way, let's keep it related to the thread.

Infinity
i say he's shit because he IS SHIT. lolol guys did u see him in anh ? he faught worse than my grandma

Infinity
you've seen anh right?

jollyjim311
You've seen ROTS, right? Mace sucks at saber dueling. You didn't know that, oh...

We need to count EU, otherwise Mace is one of the worst duelists out there.

((The_Anomaly))
I dont think he's getting past AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by jollyjim311
You've seen ROTS, right? Mace sucks at saber dueling. You didn't know that, oh...

We need to count EU, otherwise Mace is one of the worst duelists out there.

Im going to assume youre joking

jollyjim311
Really?!

Qui Gon was the like the third most powerful Jedi of his time, wasn't he? He was a Master who was the finest swordsman Obi Wan had ever seen. He was also said to have lightsaber skills to rival Maces'. Obi Wan was knighted the day after he fought Maul, and has had more training than Anakin. They're about equal. Also, Qui Gon and Obi Wan have better synergy than Obi Wan and Anakin. Maul beat a superior duo, then, why can't he take these guys?

@DS: No.

Darth Sexy
Yea, Mace sucks.. Good one.

jollyjim311
No, he doesn't. The choreography in the movie didn't do him justice is all I was getting at, same thing with most people, including Obi Wan, in the OT. Anyway, this is irrelevant, let's get back to the discussion. Where does everyone think he goes down?

Sith'ari
Jinn at his time was probably the fourth best. Yoda, Dooku and Mace were all probably better than him.

Sith'ari
No, he doesn't. The choreography in the movie didn't do him justice is all I was getting at, same thing with most people, including Obi Wan, in the OT. Anyway, this is irrelevant, let's get back to the discussion. Where does everyone think he goes down?

Mace thought extremely well in ROTS. He was careful, controlled and fought with perfect precision and an impenetrable defence.

Escape81
Originally posted by Sith'ari
Mace thought extremely well in ROTS. He was careful, controlled and fought with perfect precision and an impenetrable defence.

He is referring to the choreography of that particular fight scene. Palpatine and Mace moving so slow and so predictable. He is using that as an example as to why in ANH, Obi-Wan didn't appear to be uber. None of them did. Why? Because the 70s and 80s obviously did not have the special effects and stunt work that they do now.

As for Sidious vs. Mace, it did suck. I'm sure anyone on this forum could have fought better than Ian and Sam.

Darth Kreiger
Maul beat Obi-Wan in TPM, but he was drinking in his own power, and was too overconfident, instead of finishing the job, and kicking the other Lightsaber down, he decided to make sparks fall on Obi-Wan, he could beat AOTC him

Council#13

1. Slaughters them
2. Slaughters them
3. Beats with ease
4. Beats with ease
5. Probably beats, with difficulty
6. He probably looses here. Over confident or not, Maul was beaten by a TPM Obi-Wan, who has increased to a debatable level since then. With Anakin by his side, the duo could probably win. Maul would also be rather tired.
7. He will probably loose here even if he gets past 6. He'd be real tired
8. Anakin and Obi-Wan had some/little trouble beating off one Magna Gaurd. 6 of them would be too much for an exhausted Maul
9. By now, Maul would be extremely tired. There is a slim chance that he would make it through here. Very slim.
10. He would definately die here. Even refreshed and everything, I duobt a fully healed Maul could overcome Count Dooku.

jollyjim311
Well, Maul, for what ever reason, tends not to get tired. Dare I say Maul > Fatigue? Pretty much. Whatever you were thinking for him being tired, remember that Maul is in top physical condition. He has battled Qui Gon, on Tattoine, in a huge black robe, without breaking a sweat.
This is his everyday routine: http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=232&page=06 , http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=232&page=07 , http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=232&page=08 , http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=232&page=09 . He also broke into the black sun, slaughtered countless guards with ease that were described as some of the deadliest people in the galaxy ( I think?), killed a nightsister witch, and killed their leader and after it all, he had no sign of injury or fatigue. Despite his energetic style, he doesn't seem to get tired. So, don't count on fatigue being such a big factor, for Maul anyway. He also gets 15 minutes of rest.

Borbarad
He also broke into the black sun, slaughtered countless guards with ease that were described as some of the deadliest people in the galaxy ( I think?)

Maul said they were a challenge for him in Shadow Hunter so I doubt that he killed "countless" guards "with ease". And please. Luke in Shadows of the Empire managed to slaughter Black Sun guards (so just past ESB). And if that's Maul's best he might actually get down against AotC Obi-Wan and Anakin when they fight together - which they didn't do against Dooku in AotC.

darthsith19
This order is f*cked up. Why are the Geonosian beasts so far up? The ARC's would kick their asses just by shooting them, as would the Commando's. And the Commando's > The Arc's, too, look at all they've done. And I would not put the Magnaguard's up so far, the Commando's would likely beat them, though that'd be close, as ROTV Vader? He'd get beaten by AOTC Kenobi and Skywalker for sure. So if Maul manages to beat the Commando's, which he may or may not be able to, he probably loses at 6 or 7 just because he's tired, but if he got full rest I could see him getting to Dooku.

jollyjim311
Well, Maul doesn't use guns, now does he? Think against Maul, not in general. I think the order is fine. And Vader, at the end of RODV, is very good. Have you read/finished it?

Akira99

1. Passes with flying colours
2. "
3. Dunno who they are
4. Dunno who they are
5. Armed yes - rat tiger thing and spasticated spider dead meat but that huge rhino creature would be a tough one indeed.
6. Dies here I think.

darthsith19
Well, Maul doesn't use guns, now does he? Think against Maul, not in general. I think the order is fine. And Vader, at the end of RODV, is very good. Have you read/finished it?
Yes, I have read it. Vader nearly loses to Roan Shryne, who isn't that great a Jedi Master, perhaps avg.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
This order is f*cked up. Why are the Geonosian beasts so far up? The ARC's would kick their asses just by shooting them, as would the Commando's. And the Commando's > The Arc's, too, look at all they've done. And I would not put the Magnaguard's up so far, the Commando's would likely beat them, though that'd be close, as ROTV Vader? He'd get beaten by AOTC Kenobi and Skywalker for sure. So if Maul manages to beat the Commando's, which he may or may not be able to, he probably loses at 6 or 7 just because he's tired, but if he got full rest I could see him getting to Dooku.

Is a commando better than an ARC? I thought the ARC's were the best of the best, personally trained by Jango and all that, while the Commandos where mostly good leaders and good fighters....

Quinlan_Vos

1. Destroys
2. Slaughters
3. Slays
4. Kills
5. Butchers
6. Wins after a long fight
7. Defeats
8. Barely Wins. By this time Maul would probably have injuries and have fatigue
9. Loses

jollyjim311
Actually, he beats the Hell out of Roan using the force.

darthsith19
Originally posted by kamikz
Is a commando better than an ARC? I thought the ARC's were the best of the best, personally trained by Jango and all that, while the Commandos where mostly good leaders and good fighters....
No, ARC's > Commando's, but in this instance there are 4 Commando's and only 2 ARC's and these happen to be the 4 strongest Commando's in the entire Clone Army.

Actually, he beats the Hell out of Roan using the force.
Really? What I remember is them engaging in a lightsaber duel where Vader nearly dies and then he defeats Roan with the Force. Anyone else here remember Roan nearly killing Vader when they fought?

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, ARC's > Commando's, but in this instance there are 4 Commando's and only 2 ARC's and these happen to be the 4 strongest Commando's in the entire Clone Army.

CC are incedibly over rated. Just because you make a book about em their suddently uber good.

Clone Commandos aren't nearly as good as their made out to be, and I've seen Master Chief top everything Delta Squad has EVER done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.