HL2: Lost Coast CPU bug?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kaliero
My PC has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ with a speed of 2.2 GHz performance rated at 6.3 GHz.

Half-Life 2 itself runs just fine, but when I try to play the included Lost Coast add-on, it tells me that my CPU is only 1.0 GHz and simply freezes up when I try to play anyway.

It's fairly obvious that the game is detecting only one processor, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it to recognize both. Valve's troubleshooting page is no help.

IceJaw
Lost coast lagged like hell on one of my other pc's but episode 1 ran just fine and my other PC was built MAINLY for gaming no expression

Smasandian
I have no idea, have you tried their tech support?

TOH
Originally posted by General Kaliero
My PC has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ with a speed of 2.2 GHz performance rated at 6.3 GHz.

Half-Life 2 itself runs just fine, but when I try to play the included Lost Coast add-on, it tells me that my CPU is only 1.0 GHz and simply freezes up when I try to play anyway.

It's fairly obvious that the game is detecting only one processor, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it to recognize both. Valve's troubleshooting page is no help.
Did you change the clock multipliers? Disable Cool n' Quiet feature in bios.

eggmayo
Lost Coast just crashes on my PC, while running HL2 fine. Might be something to do with the abundance of HDR, or maybe its just buggy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.