NJO Luke vs. Nihilus . . . DESCRIPTION INSIDE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Infinity
Well NJO LUKE VS. NIHILUS..

ROUND 1: Coruscant Temple . battle by only using the force

ROUND2:Utapau were obi faught grievous. battle by force

ROUND3:Mustafar obi ani battle. battle by force

Round 4:Geonosis hangar: battle by saber

Round 5:Ep6 Death Star. battle by saber.

Round6:Palpatines office. battle by saber

Round7:TPM Maul vs. Jinn-Obi on naboo. full out battle

Sith'ari
1. Nihilus.
2. Nihilus.
3. Nihilus.
4. Luke.
5. Luke.
6. Luke.
7. Nihilus.

Infinity
luke wins last battle.

Infinity
i go with the lukester

Darth Sexy
Luke wins them all

Infinity
yay big grin i agree with u 100%

Advent
Nihilus will not win at all, even the Force only battle.

Round all: Luke Skywalker.

What do you mean for Round 7 though? Darth Maul wins.

Infinity
i meant the setting ... like the place were maul vs. obi jinn took place..

Sith'ari
Look at the way N punks Sion in the cut content for KotOR. I don't see NJO Luke defending against that.

jollyjim311
I do.

Darth Kreiger
In NJO Luke became a God, Nihilus would get killed

Nerevar
I would have to say Nihilus based on what we know about him, though he is a bit of an enigma right now, along with Sekot.

Infinity
i agree with kreiger. luke became a god .

Sith'ari
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I do.

How exactly?

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Infinity
i agree with kreiger. luke became a god .

When the hell does this happen? Some day when I'm like 50 or something and have nothing to do, I might just sit down and read all of those books where everyone is overpowered.

Infinity
lol.. u should read njo series it owns.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
In NJO Luke became a God, Nihilus would get killed

luke was powerful but not a god.. but he would hadve killed N in all battles.

Infinity
hmm.. i dunno Nihilus can drain the force out of him...

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Sith'ari
Look at the way N punks Sion in the cut content for KotOR. I don't see NJO Luke defending against that. Notice the word 'cut' ,in your sentence.It means it has never happened,nor willl it happen in the SW Universe.In other words,it's not canon.

Luke cuts himself off from the Froce in the first three and subsequently beats Nihilus,and proceeds to PWN Nihilus in saber combat.

Infinity
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Notice the word 'cut' ,in your sentence.It means it has never happened,nor willl it happen in the SW Universe.In other words,it's not canon.

Luke cuts himself off from the Froce in the first three and subsequently beats Nihilus,and proceeds to PWN Nihilus in saber combat.

wow some people amaze me, we've got dumasses and people like u. dude wat an amazing idea big grin woww i never thaught of that...

Sith'ari
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Notice the word 'cut' ,in your sentence.It means it has never happened,nor willl it happen in the SW Universe.In other words,it's not canon.

However I'm pretty sure that it is an accurate display of Nihilus' powers. So Luke wouldn't be quick enough to pull anything like that off - Nihilus' attack was absolutely instant - and I doubt Luke by NJO would be able to defend against it. I mean he would have to block a storm of lightning, resist TK and defend against N's force drain all at once - Luke isn't that good.

Infinity
OH NO U DID NOT JUST SAY THAT

Darth Sexy
However I'm pretty sure that it is an accurate display of Nihilus' powers. So Luke wouldn't be quick enough to pull anything like that off - Nihilus' attack was absolutely instant - and I doubt Luke by NJO would be able to defend against it. I mean he would have to block a storm of lightning, resist TK and defend against N's force drain all at once - Luke isn't that good.

Are you retarded? Sama has drilled this into your head so many times yet you refuse to listen. LUKE CAN REMOVE HIMSELF FROM THE FORCE. ERGO, NIHILUS IS POWERLESS AGAINST HIM. BY NJO LUKE IS A FORCE GOD.

Sith'ari
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Are you retarded? Sama has drilled this into your head so many times yet you refuse to listen. LUKE CAN REMOVE HIMSELF FROM THE FORCE. ERGO, NIHILUS IS POWERLESS AGAINST HIM. BY NJO LUKE IS A FORCE GOD.

Luke cannot do this instantly. Nihilus can perform his attack instantly. And what are you talking about? Mokoto hasen't once 'drilled this into head'.

Darth Sexy
Oh yea? She never told you that Nihilus won't be able to use his attack because Luke can remove himself from the force? Not to mention Luke's instakill is also instant.

Sith'ari
'Oh yea? She never told you that Nihilus won't be able to use his attack because Luke can remove himself from the force?'

Nope. We never got into a debate about it.

'Not to mention Luke's instakill is also instant.'

imo, Nihilus would pull his off first. I'm not saying that he's definitely faster, but Nihilus relies on his technique and would use it as soon as possible, while Luke would likely take a moment to observe his opponent before acting.

Spartan ll
However I'm pretty sure that it is an accurate display of Nihilus' powers.It doesn't matter what you're 'pretty sure' about.It was cut.It's not canon,therefore it can't be used in this debate because it has no relevance. How do you know?Last time I checked,you weren't exactly the Official Source for Canon.And you have no proof that he won't pull it off instantly And even so,it wasn't 'instant'.Sion actually ran up to him before Nihilus had the chance to pull it out.How do I know?I just watched the video.
That is biggest load of BS I have ever heard.You're saying Nihilus can use lightning,drain and TK(Which last time I checked,is a more powerful version of drain,which means that he would only have to defend against lightning and Nihilus drain technique,if that scene was canon.) at the same time,and you are basing it off of a cut content?Sorry,your argument is moot as long as that scene remains cut.And even then,Luke won't just 'study' Nihilus,he knows a threat when he sees one.He'll cut himself off from the Force,then pull out his Emerald Lightning,and Nihilus will be dead on the ground.

Sith'ari
'It doesn't matter what you're 'pretty sure' about.It was cut.It's not canon,therefore it can't be used in this debate because it has no relevance.'

However it is a good indication of how powerful the game developers intended Nihilus to be.

'How do you know?Last time I checked,you weren't exactly the Official Source for Canon.And you have no proof that he won't pull it off instantly'

Is the process not a slowish one - not instant? I think you'll find it would take longer to pull off than it would take for Nihilus to pull off his attack, Mysterious dude.

'And even so,it wasn't 'instant'.Sion actually ran up to him before Nihilus had the chance to pull it out.How do I know?I just watched the video.'

He turns around and instantly pulls it off (as instant as Yoda force pushes Palps in ROTS for instance).

'That is biggest load of BS I have ever heard.You're saying Nihilus can use lightning,drain and TK(Which last time I checked,is a more powerful version of drain,which means that he would only have to defend against lightning and Nihilus drain technique,if that scene was canon.) at the same time,and you are basing it off of a cut content?'

Yes, I am going under the assumption that the cut content is a good indication of how powerful he is. And wtf are you talking about? Since when was TK a more powerful version of force drain, dumbo.

'And even then,Luke won't just 'study' Nihilus,he knows a threat when he sees one.He'll cut himself off from the Force,then pull out his Emerald Lightning,and Nihilus will be dead on the ground.'

That's assuming that he can cut himself from the force before Nihilus can wtfpwn him. And how exactly would Luke sense that Nihilus is such a big threat? By his appearence?

Spartan ll
'It doesn't matter what you're 'pretty sure' about.It was cut.It's not canon,therefore it can't be used in this debate because it has no relevance.'

However it is a good indication of how powerful the game developers intended Nihilus to be.Keyword here,is 'intended'.Either way,it has no relevance.

Show me where it says it takes a long time for him to break himself off from the Force,a canon source this time.

If it was instant,than Sion wouldve been on the ground before he even had the chance to run up to Nihilus.It wasn't instant.

Uh,last time I checked,Nihilus TK technique DRAINS the Force from the person he is using it against,exactly like Force Drain,but more powerful.Even then,your assumption is based on NON-CANON material,and has no relevance.

That's assuming you have proof that it takes a long time for Luke to cut himself off from the Force.And by his Force power alone,Luke would recognize Nihilus is a threat,just like he did Palpatine.

Sith'ari
'Keyword here,is 'intended'.Either way,it has no relevance.'

You have your beliefs, I have mine.

'Show me where it says it takes a long time for him to break himself off from the Force,a canon source this time.'

It's been a while since I read the book where he performs the action. However I got the impression that it was a slowish process. Maybe you could give me the page number so I could refresh my memory. It's also funny how you are not proving otherwise.

'If it was instant,than Sion would've been on the ground before he knew what hit him.It wasn't instant.'

He raises his hand, and he instantly pulls off the attack.

'Uh,last time I checked,Nihilus TK technique DRAINS the Force from the person he is using it against,exactly like Force Drain,but more powerful'

Please, explain what you are chatting about? FYI, TK = telekinesis.

'And by his Force power alone,Luke would recognize Nihilus is a threat,just like he did Palpatine.'

Nihilus holds no presence in the force...

Infinity
hmm ur weird quoting talk is freaking me out lol

Spartan ll
'Keyword here,is 'intended'.Either way,it has no relevance.'

You have your beliefs, I have mine.Then this debate is over,since you clearly are not debating,you are mearly using your own opinion.

Nope.That's not the way it goes.YOU are the one who has to provide proof to back up YOUR claims,I'm not doing it for you.

No,watch the movie again.He has to turn around THEN perform it,which gives Sion enough time to run to him face to face.

Telekinesis?WTF?Nihilus cannot pull that off while using lightning at the same time.Where's your proof that he can,anyhow?
You are overestimating Nihilus.And everyone knows that you are a fanboy about Revan and all the Sith around that time.

Proof?

EDIT:And it's also funny that you are using your opinion on CUT CONTENT THAT ISN'T CANON to back up your claims,and asking me to provide proof that Luke's Force Seperate Technique takes a long time to work, for you ,when you have to provide it yourself.

Sith'ari
'Then this debate is over,since you clearly are not debating,you are nearly using your own opinion.'

No. Not my opinion, the intention of the game developers.

'Nope.That's not the way it goes.YOU are the one who has to provide proof to back up YOUR claims,I'm not doing it for you.'

Well I clearly can't, because I have no idea which page it is on. And also, wasn't your claim that he would be able to perform said attack before Nihilus could pull his off. Proof please.

'No,watch the movie again.He has to turn around THEN perform it,which gives Sion enough time to run to him face to face.'

Turning around is not part of the action. The attack itself is instant.

'Telekinesis?WTF?Nhilus cannot pull that off while using lightning at the same time.'

He does so in the cut content.

'You are overestimating Nihilus.Ad everyone knows that you are a fanboy about Revan and all the Sith around that time.'

This is irrelevant. My fanboyish days are also behind me. And everyone knows that you are a Luke fanboy.

'Proof?'

He's a hole in the force...

Sith'ari
'EDIT:And it's also funny that you are using your opinion on CUT CONTENT THAT ISN'T CANON to back up your claims,and asking me to provide proof that Luke's Force Seperate Technique takes a long time to work, for you ,when you have to provide it yourself.'

Cut content that easily gives you an idea of what could have happened if the plot line followed that course - it is clearly how Nihilus is intended to be.

Spartan ll
'Then this debate is over,since you clearly are not debating,you are nearly using your own opinion.'

No. Not my opinion, the intention of the game developers...which means jack shit.Intentions are different from actually putting it in the game and making it canon,which that scene clearly is not,or it wouldve been included in the final game,would it not?

Nope,not the way it works.YOU were the one who has to provide proof to YOUR claims,not me.And until I see that proof,your point is moot.

Yes,it is.The only time the attack itself is instant,is when Nihilus turns around to use it.

When?And again,cut content is NOT CANON.Stop using it to support your arguments when you know aswell as I do that it means jack shit.

1.Not from what Ive seen in the 'Ancient Sith' thread.And true,but atleast I actually provide SOLID proof to my arguments when I fight for Luke,not cut content which isn't canon,and know and admit, when I am beaten.

2.CANON Proof?Besides your own opinion?

Spartan ll
'EDIT:And it's also funny that you are using your opinion on CUT CONTENT THAT ISN'T CANON to back up your claims,and asking me to provide proof that Luke's Force Seperate Technique takes a long time to work, for you ,when you have to provide it yourself.'

Cut content that easily gives you an idea of what could have happened if the plot line followed that course - it is clearly how Nihilus is intended to be. ..which means jack shit.Intentions are different from actually putting it in the game and making it canon,which that scene clearly is not,otherwise it wouldve been included in the final game,would it not?

Sith'ari
'..which means jack shit.Intentions are different from actually putting it in the game and making it canon,which that scene clearly is not.'

It was cut at the last moment due to time restrictions and neither does it grossly contradict anything. I think it counts.

'Nope,not the way it works.YOU were the one who has to provide proof to YOUR claims,not me.And until I see that proof,your point is moot.'

Dude, you seriously miss the point. You made claims, as well as I did, so it is also up to you to provide proof to your claims, otherwise we are stuck on the matter.

'Yes,it is.The only time the attack itself is instant,is when Nihilus turns around to use it.'

No, it is not. He turns around, and then pulls off the attack, which is instant. By your logic, a force push isn't an instant attack because it requires the user to raise their hand (at least when the PT Jedi use it) to perform it.

'When?And again,cut cintent is NOT CANON.Stop using it to support your arguments when you know aswell as I do that it means jack shit.'

1. He drains and electrocutes him at the same time, and then force pulls him closer for more impact.

2. I've already addressed this point.

'1.Not from what Ive seen in the 'Ancient Sith' thread.And true,but at least I actually provide SOLID proof to my arguments when I fight for Luke,not cut content which isn't canon,and know and admit, when I am beaten.

2.CANON Proof?Besides your own opinion?'

1. Where have I displayed fanboyism in the Ancient Sith thread. I was very objective in that thread, and it's not like I'm exactly the biggest Ragnos fanboy.

2. This is common knowledge. It's not my fault you don't know jack.

ESB Vader
HAHAHAHHAHA fools forgot that nihilus abosrbs the force? force attacks W/E he abosrbs anything to do with the force u fools. FAN BASED luke skywalker jack sh!t you know what? im a fanboy of luke skywalker and how that hell is he gonna pull of his powers when already nihilus attack is instant? it doesnt matter if luke strikes first why? because he abosorbs and consumes the force so how

is luke gonna kill him? lightsaber combat, no way he can do it with the force

ESB Vader
heh it is canon but Obsidian never had the time nor money to put that scene in, want to know the cold hard proof? go visit their website

Spartan ll
'..which means jack shit.Intentions are different from actually putting it in the game and making it canon,which that scene clearly is not.'

It was cut at the last moment due to time restrictions and neither does it grossly contradict anything. I think it counts.It doesn't matter what YOU or I think.It was cut,it's not canon,it's not even in the final game,if it was,it would be considered canon.

Yes,but you made your claim that it would take a long time for Luke to seperate from the Force FIRST,which requires the responsibility of YOU to back it up with canon words,which you have not done so far.

'Yes,it is.The only time the attack itself is instant,is when Nihilus turns around to use it.'

No, it is not. He turns around, and then pulls off the attack, which is instant. By your logic, a force push isn't an instant attack because it requires the user to raise their hand (at least when the PT Jedi use it) to perform it.It's not by MY logic,it common logic.If Nihilus had been facing Sion before he used the attack,THEN it wouldve been instant,either way,it isn't canon,and has no relevance.

'When?And again,cut content is NOT CANON.Stop using it to support your arguments when you know aswell as I do that it means jack shit.'

1. He drains and electrocutes him at the same time, and then force pulls him closer for more impact.

2. I've already addressed this point.
1.True

2.It doesn't matter,YOU aren't a canon source,YOUR'S and MY opinions,don't matter.It was cut from the final game,it is not canon,unless it was in the final game,which it wasn't.

1.Yeah,very objective about not providing proof that Ragnos is all powerful as you claim.And it doesn't matter if you are or are not the biggest fanboy there,you are still a fanboy.

2.No,it isn't.Show me a canon source where it states this.

ESB Vader
and darth sexy and you all. doesnt it take time for luke to pull off that seperate from the force thing? yes it does and nihilus masks his own presence to kill his victims, no1 even knows where he is not even his own apprentice visas marr.

weather it is a head to head battle, luke has no time to seperate, only thing is green lightning which nihilus can either absorb or block with his lightsaber.

as i say luke can kill nihilus in pure lightsaber combat. the 20 lightsaber things? yea prob that pwns tulak hord and nihilus.

force and lightsaber comabt? the winner is nihilus

pure force = nihilus

lightsabet = luke

Spartan ll
Originally posted by ESB Vader
heh it is canon but Obsidian never had the time nor money to put that scene in, want to know the cold hard proof? go visit their website Was it in the final game?No, it wasn't,and until you show me some proof that it was,go to school and learn how to spell.

Spartan ll
and darth sexy and you all. doesnt it take time for luke to pull off that seperate from the force thing? yes it does and nihilus masks his own presence to kill his victims, no1 even knows where he is not even his own apprentice visas marr.

weather it is a head to head battle, luke has no time to seperate, only thing is green lightning which nihilus can either absorb or block with his lightsaber.

as i say luke can kill nihilus in pure lightsaber combat. the 20 lightsaber things? yea prob that pwns tulak hord and nihilus.

force and lightsaber comabt? the winner is nihilus

pure force = nihilus

lightsabet = luke Do you have CANON proof besides your godawful opinion that it DOES take time for Luke to seperate from the Force?Show me where it is,besides your own opinion,then I'll believe you

Advent
You're so absolutely wonderful. Emerald Lightning is an instakill attack. He cannot absorb it, he cannot just block it with his lightsaber - you little double standard using, illogical guy, you.

ESB Vader
well sparten i spell wrongly cuzi type fast and i doubt u read the books where luke seperates himself from the force. and mr sparten go visit the site and u will see for urself that that vid is CANON

and advent i know wtf is emerald lightning yes for that [part i admit, i wasnt thinking logically

and ya know what sparten, that vid could NOT be added in the FINAL game becasue they were short of time, look at how messed up some things r in the game, they hardly show nihilus or sion like showing malaks plan in kotor1.

so they removed it

ESB Vader
sparen and advent, ya know what? you make luke sound like an immortal being who is unbeateble, ya know what, ur dead wrong.

i am not trying to make nihilus look immortal but he has an ability which can destroy the force

Captain REX
Typing fast is no excuse, this isn't Instant Messenger. You have time to edit your posts. Also, use the Edit button, please.

And I'll bet anything I type faster than you anyways. big grin

NJO Luke vs. Darth Nihilus...hmm...

This is difficult. Nihilus seemed to be able to pull off his Brain Drain power instantaneously, without a second thought. I don't think Luke can insantaneously cut himself off from the Force. Plus, I don't think its the same affect as being a wound in the Force anyways, like the Exile. The Exile wasn't cut off from the Force, nor did he make himself invisible in the Force. He's got his own situation.

I'm not sure how Luke disconnecting himself from his powers would change the effects of Nihilus's life-sapping power.

And his green lightning, oh noes!!1 As if Luke is going to use that right away.

I see Nihilus taking the first three contests due to the draining power. If not for that one power, I would say Luke takes all three.

Meanwhile, in a lightsaber battle, Nihilus goes down hard.

All-out battle goes to Nihilus for the drain, again, otherwise Luke takes it.

ESB Vader
agreed rex, luke is unbeateble in a lightsaber combat, who can beat some1 who can make his saber look like 20 >.>

hey yea but it still would be cool to see them fight in a lightsaber with force like maybe sparring for fun. yea sounds ridicous
but cmon? juz for show like in every sw and the nihilus kicks luke in the groins... now that move is unbeateble!

what defense is there to get kicked on ur groin

Lightsnake
Drain wouldn't work when Luke just creates a loop with the force, hides himself completely or disconnects himself...which is-sorry- instantaneous...and Luke's fast enough to have Nihilus in pieces before he can blink.

Sorry, but the overrated black hole loses on every account

ESB Vader
thats if luke knows of nihilus presence which luke doesnt, nihilus drains his victims from a distance without them knowing so unless luke knows nihilus wins but in the other scenario luke wins once he finds out about nihilus presence

Borbarad
thats if luke knows of nihilus presence which luke doesnt, nihilus drains his victims from a distance without them knowing so unless luke knows nihilus wins but in the other scenario luke wins once he finds out about nihilus presence

Dude. This is stupid.
Luke can practically walk up to Nihilus being invisible and unsenseable through the force and cut the guy into pieces before Nihilus even knows what's going on.
Aside of this Nihilus attack doesn't work instantly (he stunned the Exile and his / her comrades before trying it on the Exile and had some time before using it - or something similar - on Kreia). So Luke could smite him with emerald lightning or cut him into pieces anyways.

Luke after the Black Fleet Crisis (Fallanassi ability - rendering himself invisible and unsenseable using the force for an infinite amount of time and without needing further concentration) is simply invincible when he wants to. That just doesn't happen because you won't have any plot left that involves Luke and some opponents.

ESB Vader
did you see the video i uploaded? nihilus attack was instant on sion. and luke is a jedi, he doesnt make the first move, its nihilus the bad guy who makes the first move and luke prob doesnt know whos he fighting,

so that means nihilus zaps luke with force drain because luke doesnt know the danger of nihilus.

and luke uses green lightning as a last resort, as if he will use that immediately.

and nihilus stuns his opponent before draining? thats something never heard b4, if so ur saying he stunned the world of the miraluka? i doubt it

((The_Anomaly))
did you see the video i uploaded? nihilus attack was instant on sion. and luke is a jedi, he doesnt make the first move, its nihilus the bad guy who makes the first move and luke prob doesnt know whos he fighting,

so that means nihilus zaps luke with force drain because luke doesnt know the danger of nihilus.

and luke uses green lightning as a last resort, as if he will use that immediately.

and nihilus stuns his opponent before draining? thats something never heard b4, if so ur saying he stunned the world of the miraluka? i doubt it

That scene is a non-canon scene. So STOP using it as proof. It is NOT proof of any kind. It was cut from the game and is therefore not canon and therefore has no bearing on anything.

Originally posted by Borbarad
Dude. This is stupid.
Luke can practically walk up to Nihilus being invisible and unsenseable through the force and cut the guy into pieces before Nihilus even knows what's going on.
Aside of this Nihilus attack doesn't work instantly (he stunned the Exile and his / her comrades before trying it on the Exile and had some time before using it - or something similar - on Kreia). So Luke could smite him with emerald lightning or cut him into pieces anyways.

Luke after the Black Fleet Crisis (Fallanassi ability - rendering himself invisible and unsenseable using the force for an infinite amount of time and without needing further concentration) is simply invincible when he wants to. That just doesn't happen because you won't have any plot left that involves Luke and some opponents.

Yep pretty much, Nihilus goes down hard.

Lightsnake
That's EXACTLY what Nai is saying and you have no defense against it. Yes, we're shown he needs to stun others. And that's cut content, so **** it.

And it means Nihilus doesn't know Luke's power, so Ni dies off the bat to someone who can become invisible and unseeable in the Force, disconnect himselfin the Force, or creates a 'loop'...cutting off Ni's power completely

In fact, Luke senses the wound right off and acts accordingly.

ESB Vader
i doubt that. the jedi council on katarr couldnt even feel his presence and not only his force drain drains the force, it destroyed life on the planet so it might affect luke.
wait 1 more thing, besides a force drainer its a life drainer.

and when nihilus approaches any force sensitvie they cant detect him

like for instance luke knows whos he dealing with in a head to head battle, luke is victorious

if they met for the first time, luke doesnt pull off his god like abilities but doing so is a mistake where nihilus drains him

o ya did u read the comic? nihilus DOESNT stun the whole planet he just zaps all of them
and how is he gonna waste time stunning en entire planet? he just pulls the move off instantly and as i mentioned Lukes a jedi who doesnt strike first. Jedi go by the path of tolerance and pacifism.

o ya and force wise nihilus can beat him and why would luke remove himself from the force if he doesnt know of nihilus abilities? provided nihilus creats havock in the galaxy and luke knows about it, yes

Nihilus goes down hard.

but if luke doesnt even know who the heck is nihilus and nihilus pops up and drains him? see the difference.

lightsaber wise luke wins,

force wise it depends on the scenario

and about the cut content y is it not canon? Obsidian was going to add it anyways but didnt have the money nor the time, i read their official reports

Lightsnake
Prove they couldn't feel his presence? Luke is far stronger and more sensitive to the force thean they...a better force user and fighter, too.

Oh, and they sensed Nihilus approaching Telos, nice try. And Luke's one of the most elarned Jedi around. He'd have learned of the Sith Lord who nearly wiped out the Jedi. And no, the comic was inconclusive and just showed Visas's recounting in six pages, nice try.

And Luke's already disconnected and reconnected himself to the force before, no proof Nihilius's drain would affect him. Oh, and Luke's killed enemies very quickly and with no mercy. He's very much a strike first Jedi.

Oh, I don't care why they cut it. It's cut. Not canon. Stop using it.

You're wrong. Nihilus has no chance. He's facing an enemy better than him who can counter him perfectly with a technique Luke already knows how to circumvent

ESB Vader
luke has never seen the force drain technique on the level of nihilus force drain before, so how is luke gonna defend against that? the only way for him is to remove himself from the force and how fast is he gonna do it when nihilus already struct?

luke isnt invincible, neither is nihilus

if ur talking about pure raw power luke has the advantage because he knows so many ablilities.

its also if luke knows what to do, and incase u didnt notice nihilus drains his oponents from a mile away, he did that in his own ship a distance frm katarr how is luke gonna use emrald lightning at that distance? he cant.

and no its a 4000 year gap, luke has never seen nihilus neither has nihilus seen luke

and it was Kreia who told him there were jedi on telos, no1 sensed him nor did he sense any1 but the exile and atris

Lightsnake
His master for a time was Sidious who was an absolute master of the force drain technique. And The Force drain can be circumvented...all Luke needs to do is create a loop. It's instantaneous, thanks.

No, Nihilius was cleearly focused on Katarr...so he and Luke will be fighting here close together...unelss they know about eachothewr, in which case Luke cuts himself off from the start.

And no, Luke could easily have studied Nihilius in records. And no, they sensed Ni's approach on Telos.

The moment Luke feels a drain, he'll disconnect or use a loop. End of story there.

Got it? It's 'instant'. Meaning no time to do.

Infinity
exactly meaning he kills the shit outta nihilus

ESB Vader
the moment he feels a drain? once that happens luke is weakened and there r no records of nihilus existence, not even the jedi council know of his existence, not even revan knows

and did u play the game? it was kreia who told nihilus that the jedi were on telos, come on mad seriously where r u getting ur info from, did u listen in the game or did u off ur speakers?

and sidious aint a master of the force drain, nihilus is and at a far higher level than sidious.

you are right tho, if luke knows about nihilus he will cut himself off from the force which pwns nihilus.

but dont forget nihilus has other abilities like a force push which weakens its victim

Infinity
i never said sidious was a master of force drain... can u atleast quote the ppl when u say something to them ?

Lightsnake
Could you get any more illiterate? I'm just curious. Do members of this forum a favor and clean up your goddamn posts.

No records of Nihilius's existence? He's well known millenia later, recorded in the annals of history aorund the time and is remembered as one of the enemies of the Jedi orde.r Sorry, but you're full of BS.

the moment he feels a drain, Luke will defend against it, destroying Nihilius's powers and Luke doesn't need the force to own your overrated hero with minimal effort. WITHOUT the Force powering him up, he decimated an army of Vong.

And The Jedi felt Nihilus approach Telos, what part of this are you just not getting? And sorry, no: Sidious is a master of Force Drain and by DE he was using it on global scales. Force drain as a technique was around far, FAR before Nihilus.

Nihilus loses. Luke feels Ni-who, if Ni can feel Luke was miles away, the much stronger and better tuned Skywalker will find him first and prepare accordingly. Nihilus's ability fails and he dies, which is BS as they're fighting in an arena anyways. Luke's ability is instantaneous, sorry

Darth Sexy
The point is Nihilus' drain isn't an instakill, meaning the second he unleashes it the victim doesn't die. Then again, do we know how long it takes Luke to create a loop?

Lightsnake
It's instant for him to disconnect/cover up something with the Fallanassi abilities

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Infinity
hmm.. i dunno Nihilus can drain the force out of him... What's to stop Luke from doing it back at him?

Infinity
hmm never thaught of it that way..

Captain REX
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Drain wouldn't work when Luke just creates a loop with the force, hides himself completely or disconnects himself...which is-sorry- instantaneous...and Luke's fast enough to have Nihilus in pieces before he can blink.

Sorry, but the overrated black hole loses on every account

I don't get how any of those tricks would be the same as the Exile's being a wound.

And no need to take a sassy tone with me, Lightsnake.

And how is Luke going to have Nihilus in pieces in a Force fight? no expression

Escape81
Who knows? Luke - by New Jedi Order - may possess the ability to cut people off from the Force himself. He did it with the help of Leia and Anakin Solo against Palpatine.

Sith'ari
Would that even work on Nihilus?

Darth Sexy
No considering Nihilus is a wound in the force, that's like trying to cut off the exile.

Escape81
Would that even work on Nihilus?

Um... if it worked on Palpatine, why wouldn't it work on Nihilius?

Edit: DS, as I recall, the "wound in the Force" status didn't save him from being pwned in the end. He's not immune to Force based attacks.

Sith'ari
Originally posted by Escape81
Um... if it worked on Palpatine, why wouldn't it work on Nihilius?

Isn't Nihilus a hole in the force?

Infinity
i dunno . the point is i think that luke is stronger than nihilus.

ESB Vader
the point is both of them has pros and cons, if nihilus unleashes his force drain, his opponent is stunned and cannot do anything.

i dont know how fast is lukes loop thing but even if its instant anh he succesfully does it. isnt part of the force drain a life drain? visas said that had he not been defeated the galaxy will plunge into darkness with no life left in the galaxy?

btw i am not talking BS.

yes Luke is stronger than nihilus because he has so many abilities
but the force drain for nihilus gives him the advantage.

and so what if nihilus needs to stun his opponents? he does it with no delay which means its instant, no defense, even if luke cut himself from the force and got stunned, all nihilus needs to do is the cut him with a lightsaber

Infinity
hm ur right.. somehow..

ESB Vader
not being bias >.> i love luke as much as nihilus and vader

Lightsnake
Proof the opponent is stunned? Luke is stronger thn anyone else and could easily circumvent it. And Luke is able to muster defenses against most everything. Fallanassi abilities anyone?

Nihilus dies, Luke has a defense against anything he can use

Infinity
wink wink wink yes sir

Borbarad
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't get how any of those tricks would be the same as the Exile's being a wound.

Not the same thing but it would have the same effect.
Luke can seperate himself from the force - this is exactly what the Exile did - with the little difference that Luke can "switch on" his force connection again at will. Meaning Nihilus would basically try to eat from an empty plate without any effect.

Aside of this Luke can create "loops" in the force at will. Technically he can create some force field that keeps feeding Nihilus meaning the drain would again not effect him.

And both things can be done "instantly" - same with making himself invisible and unsenseable through the force.

Luke is able to alter gravity, tear the entire engine section of a Star-Destroyer apart and knows at least two instakill attacks (Emerald Lightning + the one Sidious taught him) against which Nihilus would most likely have no defence (at least not against Emerald Lightning). Aside of this he was able to block and finally knock off Raynar who had the combined potential of 375 planets filled with Killiks and Joiners behind him. What would Nihilus do against this kind of power ?

Infinity
lol pwned. no one has said anything for like ... a day

ESB Vader
what would nihilus do? he would already have drained or stunned luke before he did anything. if luke removes himself from the force, nihilus would stun him then cut him with a lightsaber.

for luke to kill nihilus he would have to use green lightning as his first move, and if he does that there would be a delay and that is when he lifts his hand up while nihilus force drain can be done standing still and doing nothing.

ok the thing is the last thing luke is going to want to do is to remove himself from the force or alter the gravity because doing that would give nihilus the upperhand of winning the fight.

lukes best chance is green lightning and not anything else, nihilus cant be cut from the force because he is already a wound.

"Aside of this Luke can create "loops" in the force at will. Technically he can create some force field that keeps feeding Nihilus meaning the drain would again not effect him."
-from borbarad

how is he gonna do that if nihilus uses the force drain as his first attack? he is stunned, no matter how powerful luke is he cant move or do anything. nihilus did that to an entire planet full of jedis
and even tho luke is at a higher level he still effects him,

even a simple stun effects luke allowing nihilus to attack with a saber and even if the stun is only a split second, luke will already be finished.

so as i say lukes best and only chance is to zap him with green lightning where nihilus completely has no defense against.

the force drain may not seem like an instant kill but it is, remember kreia doing it on the 3 jedi masters? she did it at a lower level and once it hit them which is incredibly fast, they are already dead but the force still getting sucked out from them

ESB Vader
dammit couldnt edit my post, sry if i had to type here.

ok now since nihilus sees through the force and luke cuts himself off its a big problem for nihilus. from a distance luke is the winner in this scenerio but a head to head battle where nihilus can see luke physically
the tables would be turned

Lightsnake
No, not really...considering WITHOUT the force, Luke is fast and skilled enough to decimate an army of elite warriors.

And stop saying Ni would drain or stun Luke before he did anything. Luke is good enough to have a counter/resistance to both those and is much, much faster than Nihilus.

And Luke has a defense against being stunned, too. And if Ni uses drain, Luke would counter it with a loop right off...one of his masters was PALPATINE who taught him a LOT of what he knew. No, it wouldn't affect Luke, same way it didn't affect the Exile, because Luke has disconnected and put himself back before, same as the Exile.

And no, Kreia made it an instakill. Luke is stronger than those three masters combined.

Serioyus, ESB Vader, quit the Nihilus fanboyism, he's got no chance against Luke. Luke has a defense against just about everything, including stun and force drain, and given how fast he is, he'll pull out attacks before Ni can react...that stun? It won't work.

If Ni tries to feed off Luke when he disconnects, it'll weaken him. Long enough for Luke to reconnect and destroy him. Nihilus has nothing Luke can't defend against and Luke has been shown to counter just about anything thrown at him in an instant

Darth Sexy
again lightsnake, unless you can conclusively prove that Luke could loop in and out quicker than Nihilus can "eat" him, there is a possibility that Nihilus could use it on him, so once again you don't have an argument with your "omgz Luke knew everything" theory.

ESB Vader
fanboyism? me? what bs r u talking about?? Luke has a GREAT resistence to stun not immune to it and didnt you know his force drain is a life drain too? so what if luke makes a loops? it still TOUCHES him, instead of draning the force it Drains his life.

you are talking as if luke is untoucheble and no1 can even put a fight against him,

do i have to repeat myself? lukes only chance of winning is thru green lightning or chop him with his "20" lightsabers.

and creating a force loop only makes him un detectable, what defense does it do against a force drain? the force drain targets the victim not the force aura aound him, use ur common sense lol .
removing him self from the force only allos him not to be detected
and i dont see how its gonna block out a force drain or a life drain.

how many times do i have to say it? visas mentioned nihilus would have destroyed over a thousand planets had the exile not defeat nihilus. and kreia talking about nihilus abilities also proves another thing, that it is the greatest of the sith teachings. wiki and wookiepedia says this too. u underestimate and u over rate luke far too much.

and if i was a fanboy i would say "o noooo! nihilus is tha man! he cant be beaten!" that kinda noob nonsense. just to let you know i love luke as much as nihilus and the mechanical vader and aswell as DE sidious.

i dont use fanboy crap as my arguements

Himo
1-3 Nihilius
7 Nihilius

Why? Cuz he can suck the force out of Luke which will instantly kill him. And even if Luke has the foresight to cut himself off from the force, (Which, he wouldn't have since he mostl ikely has never heard of Nihilius) Nihilius WTFPWNS!!111!!! Luke.

Darth Sexy
fanboyism? me? what bs r u talking about?? Luke has a GREAT resistence to stun not immune to it and didnt you know his force drain is a life drain too? so what if luke makes a loops? it still TOUCHES him, instead of draning the force it Drains his life.

you are talking as if luke is untoucheble and no1 can even put a fight against him,

do i have to repeat myself? lukes only chance of winning is thru green lightning or chop him with his "20" lightsabers.

and creating a force loop only makes him un detectable, what defense does it do against a force drain? the force drain targets the victim not the force aura aound him, use ur common sense lol .
removing him self from the force only allos him not to be detected
and i dont see how its gonna block out a force drain or a life drain.

how many times do i have to say it? visas mentioned nihilus would have destroyed over a thousand planets had the exile not defeat nihilus. and kreia talking about nihilus abilities also proves another thing, that it is the greatest of the sith teachings. wiki and wookiepedia says this too. u underestimate and u over rate luke far too much.

and if i was a fanboy i would say "o noooo! nihilus is tha man! he cant be beaten!" that kinda noob nonsense. just to let you know i love luke as much as nihilus and the mechanical vader and aswell as DE sidious.

i dont use fanboy crap as my arguements

I was talking to Lightsnake.

ESB Vader
i wasnt talking to u sexy i was talking to lightsnake, sry forgot to quote

Lightsnake
Immune? No. Of course he can block it, resist it...he's much stronger than Ni. And a force loop would keep the drain from touching him.
The force drain'll only work if it finds someone in the force, too.

And I don't care what Visas said, Luke was not around then and noone at that time was as strong as him. And Palpatine knew all of what Ni did and more. Luke's power increased threefold in the short time with Palpatine as his master.

Nihilus has absolutely no chance. He's facing someone with a resistance and counter to everything he has, someone far stronger, faster and with a better reaction time.

How'll the stun work? Luke'll resist it or block it right off. Force Drain? Luke'll resist it, created a loop or cut himself off, leaving Nihilus on his knees, a broken shell of himself. A saber fight? Luke's faster enough to slice through dozens of warriors within SECONDS.

The drain isn't going to work, consideirng Luke, unlike the KOTOR people, has an actual defense. The stun? Luke'll simply resist it considering he's taken worse...by the time Ni goes for him with the stun, Luke'll have freed himself, and have hacked him into tiny pieces.

Nihilus loses. Badly

Lightsnake
Originally posted by Himo
1-3 Nihilius
7 Nihilius

Why? Cuz he can suck the force out of Luke which will instantly kill him. And even if Luke has the foresight to cut himself off from the force, (Which, he wouldn't have since he mostl ikely has never heard of Nihilius) Nihilius WTFPWNS!!111!!! Luke.

Right, a famous figure in galactic history...

Joke post, hm?

ESB Vader
joke post? lol ur the joke and u dont care what visas said?

ignoring CANON material? look whos the fanboy

and the force drain is controled by its user it doesnt simply "look for some1 in the force"

even if luke loops as i say it still WILL touch him because it attacks its victims physically and did u say kreia made it instakill?

well nihilus force drain is far above kreias force drain and its far quicker than the loop and prob faster than emrald lightning why? because the loop and the lightning has a DELAY a split second
and the force drain is Flawless and immediate,

o ya and do u think luke will use it IMMEDIATELY in battle? answer hell no because h doesnt know who the hell is he fighting right?

u think there r records of nihilus where luke can simply press on the key board but no1, not even revan, not even the old republi knew of his existence, not even malak knew

so why would he use it? luke is patient, he tests his opponent and that is a fatal mistake doing so

Himo
Right, a famous figure in galactic history...

Joke post, hm?

No, he wouldn't be a famous figure. How many actually knew his name? How many knew what he looked like? And if there were records of him, they'd be long gone with the purge by Sidious. Nihilius would be a footnote at best.

Lightsnake
What canon material? What Visas says means nothing to this. Like I said: there wasn't Luke back then, hm?

And no, you need to sense someone IN the force to use force drain. And no, it wasn't an instakill from Kreia, it took her several moments to actually kill the three and Luke, having a FAR greater ability than any of those three masters, would be able tor esist the drain. Especially considering he'll know what Ni is, given his intense studies of earlier times after the Exar Kun fiasco.

And nope, sorry, loop and all Fallanassi abilities are immediate as shown in the Black Fleet Trilogy, sorry.

Last I chcked, Nihilus takes time to prepare...he had to paralyze the Exile first...AND he was in orbit above Katarr for some time.

So, nope! Sorry! Luke's split second abilities waste Nihilus

ESB Vader
see? just as i say no1 knows of his existence and he strikes from the shadows

Lightsnake
No, he wouldn't be a famous figure. How many actually knew his name? How many knew what he looked like? And if there were records of him, they'd be long gone with the purge by Sidious. Nihilius would be a footnote at best.

Umm...everyone, considering he's mentioned in CLASSROOM LECTURES and GA HISTORY TEXTS?

So, sorry!

Lightsnake
see? just as i say no1 knows of his existence and he strikes from the shadows

Are you being dense on purpose?

Ni is mentioned int he chronology and Galactic Alliance History Lessons...he's quite well known

ESB Vader
no wait a min! u just said kreia made it insta kill! u changing ur words?

and nihilus takes time to prepare? do u know why he stunned the exile? he was testing her, to know why she came to his ship,

and kreia didnt prepare before draining, u claim im a fanboy and im gonna provr ur 1, u alrdy prove to urself u are one.

ESB Vader
and where did u get that bs? hes well known? u making up nonsense again? answer yes. nihilus was never ever mentioned in the novels and o? im being dumb for saying this?

Ni is mentioned int he chronology and Galactic Alliance History Lessons...he's quite well known- lightsnake.

known by whom?
after kriea died and the exile left known space no1 givs a damm who attackes telos and crippled the jedi order because what evers left felt the echos of nihilus death

Lightsnake
Big deal, he still stunned her. And Kreia was yammering on at the masters for quite some time. She obviously was preparing ahead of time there.

And yes, Kreia made it an instakill...but it still held them for severla moments before killing them

And, in conclusion, as Luke has already been disconnected from the Force at earlier points in time, just like the Exile, would Nihilus's ability even work? Or would it backfire totally like the Exile?

You've yet to offer anything besides claiming Ni's attack is instant and infallible-which has no proof. And considering Luke's advanced danger senses and his instant reactions-which is described as instantaneous throughout numerous books...

Oh, by the way, could you get any more illiterate?

Lightsnake
and where did u get that bs? hes well known? u making up nonsense again? answer yes. nihilus was never ever mentioned in the novels and o? im being dumb for saying this?

Ni is mentioned int he chronology and Galactic Alliance History Lessons...he's quite well known- lightsnake.

known by whom?
after kriea died and the exile left known space no1 givs a damm who attackes telos and crippled the jedi order because what evers left felt the echos of nihilus death

No, he's not mentioned in the novelz. He's mentioned in the Visual Guide, Chronology and Hyperspace articles though...some of which are in universe sources by the time of the Galactic Alliance.

Oh, and Brianna. Atris. Mical. Visas...y'know, the people who rebuilt the Jedi Order?

Nice try though.

ESB Vader
he still stunned her? has it got anything to do with why he drained her? u keep changing ur words and r u talking non canon in fo again?

since when kreia prepares her attacks by yapping at people? she was telling the jedi masters the reasons blah blah

and u played kotor2 didnt you? his attack is instant if not how would he have crippled the jedi order single handed?

Himo
Big deal, he still stunned her. And Kreia was yammering on at the masters for quite some time. She obviously was preparing ahead of time there.

And yes, Kreia made it an instakill...but it still held them for severla moments before killing them

And, in conclusion, as Luke has already been disconnected from the Force at earlier points in time, just like the Exile, would Nihilus's ability even work? Or would it backfire totally like the Exile?

You've yet to offer anything besides claiming Ni's attack is instant and infallible-which has no proof. And considering Luke's advanced danger senses and his instant reactions-which is described as instantaneous throughout numerous books...

Oh, by the way, could you get any more illiterate?

Proof would be the fact Nihilius force drained an entire world. Now, if you can do that, I think you'll be able to force drain a man who's never heard of you and has no idea how to defend against.

Even with a danger sense, Luke wouldn't EXACTLY what Nihilius was going to do. Cutting yourself off from the force takes moe a few moments, which time enough for Nihilius to kill him.

And keep it civil. If he doesn't want to take the time to write well, let him be. You can understand it, so he really isn't illiterate.

ESB Vader
hehehe atris mical brianna dont even know how nihilus looks like nor know his powers, u really are yammering some fairy tales lightsnake,

and do u know what a delay is when using the force?
heres an example- luke doing green lightning, he HAS to lift his hand up then zap his opponent.\

heres look making a loop.
he takes a deep breath and focus removing himself

all that takes no less that 4 seconds

Lightsnake
Non canon info? Opph, sorry, but Hyperspace and the NEC are quite canon, thanks. And he stunned her before her drained her...even when she told him to feed on her, her still had to raise his hand towards her. So, this shows he apparently needs a moment and needs his victim immobilized. Neither of which'll happen with Luke

And Kreia was preparing the attack WHILE she was talking...she obviously intended to kill them when she walked in.

and maybe because the time he encoutnered the order was on Katarr when they were, y'know, trapped onworld? Sion's assassins had a large point in it...that the Jedi were beaten after being weakned and harried...your point?

Lightsnake
hehehe atris mical brianna dont even know how nihilus looks like nor know his powers, u really are yammering some fairy tales lightsnake,
Atris and Visas do.

QED, fanboy

Lightsnake
Proof would be the fact Nihilius force drained an entire world. Now, if you can do that, I think you'll be able to force drain a man who's never heard of you and has no idea how to defend against.

Even with a danger sense, Luke wouldn't EXACTLY what Nihilius was going to do. Cutting yourself off from the force takes moe a few moments, which time enough for Nihilius to kill him.

And keep it civil. If he doesn't want to take the time to write well, let him be. You can understand it, so he really isn't illiterate.

I have nothing but contempt for when people write 'one' as '1'.
It shows he has no respect for other posters.

And Luke would be warned in the force as he'd recognize the attack. And no, cutting osnelf off is INSTANTANEOUS and has been shown twice. Luke can cut an ENTIRE PLANET off under a cloak in a second, that's it.

Luke feels Ni prepping a drain, he counters it or kills Ni right off and he's strong enough to do that. Why do people keep using false info? Got it? Instant.

Oh, and considering Nihilus is well known enough to be mention in galactic records...well, that shoots that point down.

ESB Vader
atris? atris never ever met nihilus before and if she did shes finished big grin
she only has a brief idea not knowing whos she dealing with

every sith who walks in on their enemies intend to kill, apprently u dont know that

and he raising his hand? u really dont know do you? lukes first reaction is to see what he does because as YOU say he has a high resistance to sevral force attacks which again proves fatal. and also didnt you see kreia doing it standing there? nihilus was taking his time

Himo
I have nothing but contempt for when people write 'one' as '1'.
It shows he has no respect for other posters.

And Luke would be warned in the force as he'd recognize the attack. And no, cutting osnelf off is INSTANTANEOUS and has been shown twice. Luke can cut an ENTIRE PLANET off under a cloak in a second, that's it.

Luke feels Ni prepping a drain, he counters it or kills Ni right off and he's strong enough to do that. Why do people keep using false info? Got it? Instant.

Oh, and considering Nihilus is well known enough to be mention in galactic records...well, that shoots that point down.

How would he recognize the attack? If you can give me proof that he can tell exactly what's going to happen with the danger sense, I'll give you that point.

Again, how would he counter it? Cutting himself off from force, again, won't work until you can prove his danger sense can tell him what exactly is coming.

Where is he mentioned? Show me, and I'll drop the point.

ESB Vader
how many times do i have to say? there is no record of nihilus existence and luke being warned that nihilus is gonna drain him? sry but that wont happen because the drain is as fast as his lighting and luke will have no time to react.

and if he tries 2 sense nihilus attack it proves fatal again because of the small moments wasted

Lightsnake
She witnessed his work on Katarr.

And once again:
Luke has an incredibly perceptive danger sense, able to feel exactly what someone's about to do...in his duel with Welk, he could see Welk's moves practically before Welk made then.
Luke has the ability to instantly cut himself off and defend himself
Luke's cut himself off to hide in the past, same as the Exile. Meaning Nihilus's technique might well backfire.
Luke is far faster than Nihilus.

Lightsnake
how many times do i have to say? there is no record of nihilus existence and luke being warned that nihilus is gonna drain him? sry but that wont happen because the drain is as fast as his lighting and luke will have no time to react.

and if he tries 2 sense nihilus attack it proves fatal again because of the small moments wasted
He senses it by himself, it's INNATE. For the love of- what part of 'instantaneous' is beyond your ken?

And YES there's a record of Ni's existence because he's mentioned in IN UNIVERSE SOURCES, do you have selective hearing?

And Luke's faster than lightning! Does 'instantaneous' mean nothing to you?

Sorry, but this is blatant fanboyism...Luke's shown to be able to sense and react in no time at all

ESB Vader
do i need to mention nihilus covers his next attack? he maskes his presence and it is impossible for luke to sense nihilus attack at a start to a head to head fight. why? because luke has no time to do so

and this is the 100th time im saying lukes best chance is green lightning not some stupid loop, not some lame sensing which ALL jedi and sith have

ESB Vader
he is mentioned IN REAL life books NOT in the star wars UNIVERSE. what usaying luke travles to a book store and read about nihilus?

Sorry, but this is blatant fanboyism...Luke's shown to be able to sense and react in no time at all-by lightsnake.

well well well look whos the fanboy here /points at lightsnake

Advent

He's mentioned in the New Essential Chronology, which is written from an in universe perspective, ergo there has to be records on Nihilus for someone to write about it. And not surprisingly, the "character" who wrote the NEC is from Luke's era, and he was even part of the New Republic.

Lightsnake
How would he recognize the attack? If you can give me proof that he can tell exactly what's going to happen with the danger sense, I'll give you that point.

Again, how would he counter it? Cutting himself off from force, again, won't work until you can prove his danger sense can tell him what exactly is coming.

He trained under Darth Sidious who taught him sith secrets, showed him the draining of Byss and during several fights with Luke he's able to see exactly what will happen and react accordingly...in his duel with Welk, a Dark Jedi able to take on Jedi Masters, Luke kills him in moments. It's the same as Mace's shatterpoint in that it takes no time, nor effort at all. It just happens and Luke reacts accordingly.

And Luke's been cut off from the Force before. It takes him no time t do so and since he's done it already, Ni's abilities would hardly work. It'd be like if he tried draining the Exile.

Nihilus is mentioned in the Visual Guide and in the galactic records in the Essential Chronology and in the lecture in 'Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties

Lightsnake
do i need to mention nihilus covers his next attack? he maskes his presence and it is impossible for luke to sense nihilus attack at a start to a head to head fight. why? because luke has no time to do so

and this is the 100th time im saying lukes best chance is green lightning not some stupid loop, not some lame sensing which ALL jedi and sith have

Sorry, doesn't work. And if he uses green lighning, Ni dies anyways. Point moot. And why;'s it impossible? Because you dislike Luke? Ok, Luke masks his presence from the start, then

ESB Vader
hmm isnt the chronology written by lucasarts or the authors? i dont get ur point advent, what do u mean

dude u said nihilus records in the sw universe not RL of course there r sources of him in books

i dislike luke? no i dont, i love him big time honestly.

green lightning is fast and just as fast as force drain, isnt both of them instant kill? that would kill both of them if both of them use it at the exact moment

Lightsnake
he is mentioned IN REAL life books NOT in the star wars UNIVERSE. what usaying luke travles to a book store and read about nihilus?

Sorry, but this is blatant fanboyism...Luke's shown to be able to sense and react in no time at all-by lightsnake.

No, he's mentioned in IN UNIVERSE SOURCES, sorry!
Evil Never Dies? In universe sources
New Essential Chronology? In Universe Source

Lightsnake
The chronology is written by authors, but is written in-universe by Voren Na'al...in other words, he's a mouth piece for the authors

ESB Vader
and where would he get the information about nihilus? he was never recorded nor was his outfit ever described, even id luke did read about it, would he know its actually nihilus?

and a mouth piece for the authors? excuse me but the authors get the info from the games not some fantasy character

Advent

Actually, you're wrong on that. He's mentioned in a book that is written from an in universe perspective. In other words, a book written by an actual Star Wars character, writing down history. So, if the man who wrote it, Voren Na'al, knew about Nihilus - it stands to reason that Nihilus was written down in a Star Wars history book or something. Adding to the fact that the man is from the New Republic, which is where Luke is from. Adding to the fact the guy is still alive when Luke is alive, and you can conclude that Luke could know of Nihilus.

Himo
She witnessed his work on Katarr.

And once again:
Luke has an incredibly perceptive danger sense, able to feel exactly what someone's about to do...in his duel with Welk, he could see Welk's moves practically before Welk made then.
Luke has the ability to instantly cut himself off and defend himself
Luke's cut himself off to hide in the past, same as the Exile. Meaning Nihilus's technique might well backfire.
Luke is far faster than Nihilus.

Okay then, so he would know what an unknown ability that hasn't been used in thousands of years would feel like?

Doesn't matter about how fast he is. Think of Nihilius as a machine. If Luke came near him, he would instantaneously kill him with his ability. In this instance, Luke's incredible abilities is a disadvantage. Nihilius won't get shocked by Luke. Since Luke has most likely never heard of him, he won't have foresight to do anything. If his danger sense is instant and it shows exactly what will happen, it will confuse Luke more than help.

Lightsnake
Lesse...several people who rebuilt the Jedi Order were known to have witnessed him firsthand? Visas for one? Hell, she took his mask even. That'd be a giveaway if the Jedi kept it in their Sith artifacts area.

The fact is: They knew about him and had records

Darth Sexy
Sorry, doesn't work. And if he uses green lighning, Ni dies anyways. Point moot. And why;'s it impossible? Because you dislike Luke? Ok, Luke masks his presence from the start, then

And how are you going to prove that green lightning would work on a wound in the force like Nihilus? Haven't we had these discussions of Nihilus being able to eat/consume force attacks?

ESB Vader
yea but the point is how did a dude 4000 years away from nihilus death get to know about him? lucasarts could have made that up saying the timeline came from this guy? u will never know because had nihilus been so well known even revan should know him in the first game

ESB Vader
wait a min sexy i thought green lightning works on everything?

Lightsnake
Okay then, so he would know what an unknown ability that hasn't been used in thousands of years would feel like?

Doesn't matter about how fast he is. Think of Nihilius as a machine. If Luke came near him, he would instantaneously kill him with his ability. In this instance, Luke's incredible abilities is a disadvantage. Nihilius won't get shocked by Luke. Since Luke has most likely never heard of him, he won't have foresight to do anything. If his danger sense is instant and it shows exactly what will happen, it will confuse Luke more than help.
Because when Luke turned to the Dark Side, his MASTER showed him Force Drain? Considering Sidious was a master of it, too? anything else to say about that?

And Luke hides himself off in the force, blindind Ni to him. Luke is ale to move faster than anyone's eye can perceive, meaning he'd slaughter Ni before he can react.

Since I've proven Ni is common knowledge by the GA era-mentioned in two sources as a Dark Lord- Luke will have heard of him, and Luke has knowledge of Nihilus's abilities and how to respond thanks to his tutelage from Palpatine...well, this's open and shut. Ni dies.

Lightsnake
yea but the point is how did a dude 4000 years away from nihilus death get to know about him? lucasarts could have made that up saying the timeline came from this guy? u will never know because had nihilus been so well known even revan should know him in the first game

Gee, how do they know about Marka Ragnos or Darth Bane?

Sorry, but it's an IN UNIVERSE SOURCE, meaning they know about Nihilus.

And green lightning would work on Nihilus. When do Exiles 'eat Force attacks?' Why didn't the Exile 'eat' the stun? Besides, Luke uses a plane of the force dark siders can never reach

ESB Vader
sidious a master of it? lmfao since when sidious became a master of the force drain technique? dont u know nihilus force technique sucks life outta you? sidous has learnt many techniques and they r not even 1/4 as much as the ancient sith, the true users of the ancient techniques

they know about nihilus? how EXACTLY? the exile took the mask and fled into unknown space looking for revan, it hasnt been said how exactly they know about him but atm we assume they dont

Himo
Lesse...several people who rebuilt the Jedi Order were known to have witnessed him firsthand? Visas for one? Hell, she took his mask even. That'd be a giveaway if the Jedi kept it in their Sith artifacts area.

The fact is: They knew about him and had records

Okay. Point dropped. Luke's heard about him. Now, advent, cna you tell me if the man in the stroy talks about the destruction of Katarr? Does he mention how it's accomplished?

Darth Sexy
Nihilus drained more than 1 planet, but Katarr was the known one since it was the meeting place of the Jedi.

Lightsnake
sidious a master of it? lmfao since when sidious became a master of the force drain technique? dont u know nihilus force technique sucks life outta you? sidous has learnt many techniques and they r not even 1/4 as much as the ancient sith, the true users of the ancient techniques
Since the first time Force Drain WAS INTRODUCED IN STAR WARS it was with Palpatine?
He drained several planets to restore in strength after Endor and slowly drained Byss. That's where the drain abilities originated in Star Wars: Dark Empire's source material

Palpatine learned EVERYTHING. It's canonically stated. Do you not understand? He learned EVERYTHING the Ancients and Jedi knew and created his own abilities. Got it? Directly, canonically stated.

Lightsnake
Okay. Point dropped. Luke's heard about him. Now, advent, cna you tell me if the man in the stroy talks about the destruction of Katarr? Does he mention how it's accomplished?

Katarr's destruction isn't mentioned, but its devastation is mention in the visual guide

Advent

What? Sidious knows far more than the Ancient Sith. He's knows every technique there is.

ESB Vader
yes lightsnake but lucasarts made nihilus force drain different and on an astronomical scale. if sexy is right about green lighting not affecting nihilus then he can win with his lightsaber

Lightsnake
I'm afraid Palpatine's was on the same scale as he ALSO drain planets. He drained Byss, remember? In moderation, but he still drained millions, if not billions.

And LA made it so Palpatine knows far more than the Ancient Sith

ESB Vader
every technique? u sure advent he didnt even learn to blow up a star he did learn most of them but he didnt master them, he couldnt even master his force strom properly and luke disrupted it causing his own powers to kill him

ESB Vader
draining plantes doesnt mean the same scale as nihilus, nihlus was insta kill and sidious took time lots of it while nihilus is instant

Lightsnake
For the last time: They used SHIPS to destroy stars, they didn't do it on their own.
And no, it says he did 'master' them.
And no, he mastered his force storm. Luke and Leia used the entire light side to cut him off from the force. That kinda hurts your control.
To quote: He had mastered the great power in all its guises and all its traditions. He had mastered all known, previously unknown and forgotten powers and devises new ones at his leisure

Himo
Katarr's destruction isn't mentioned, but its devastation is mention in the visual guide

So how would Luke know what Nihilius would do? If it is not mentioned how Nihilius did it, than it's irrelevant to the situation. I've seen the ruins of Machu Picchu but do I know how the Incans did it? No. Unless it directly states how Nihilius did it, Luke won't know what's coming. Nihilius's force drain is different from Sidious's. Nihilius is a wound in the force, and therefore does not use the same technique as Sidious, who is a regualr force user.

Lightsnake
draining plantes doesnt mean the same scale as nihilus, nihlus was insta kill and sidious took time lots of it while nihilus is instant

Prove it. He chose to drain Byss in moderation as it was his personal world.

Lightsnake
So how would Luke know what Nihilius would do? If it is not mentioned how Nihilius did it, than it's irrelevant to the situation. I've seen the ruins of Machu Picchu but do I know how the Incans did it? No. Unless it directly states how Nihilius did it, Luke won't know what's coming. Nihilius's force drain is different from Sidious's. Nihilius is a wound in the force, and therefore does not use the same technique as Sidious, who is a regualr force user.

Didn't I just say it's mentioned in the Visual Guide? And no, force drain is force drain. Palpatine's also been described as a black hole in the force and pure, devouring darkness.

Ni may be a wound, but he uses force drain, Meaning Luke'll react accordingly.

ESB Vader
its already proven, sidious learnt the ancient techniques but didnt master it, and if u dont master something it wouldnt be as good right? even kreia could drain the whole planet but it would take her alot of time,

and the sources of wiki and wookiepedia says nihilus has come to learn the greatest, indeed the greates technique of the sith.

and what will luke do? green lightning? nihilus is a wound and abosrbs it, make a loop? slight delay and nihilus can use life drain rather than force drain which will kill luke
want me to post a link?

Lightsnake
No, it says he MASTERED it, what part of that don't you get? IT says right there: Mastered

Oh, want me to laugh at you using a Wiki as a source? For all I know, you just edited it yourself

ESB Vader
yes thats right and mastering it means hes the best at it, lukes best at alot of things, palpatines the best at manipulating, nihilus is the best at draining

and it didnt say sidious mastered the force drain, there heres ur proof

Lightsnake
Um, no...plenty of people can master one thing. Palpatine was able to master pretty much every technique, meaning he could use every last one of them at his leisure.

And once more: Considering Luke's seen Palpatine in action and learned from him, it seems he will know about Force Drain and act accordingly, or simply attack faster than Nihilus...and this is a man who wields one saber as if it were twenty.

Oh, and no, sorry, it states Sidious mastered all techniques: That includes Force Drain, I'm afraid

ESB Vader
sidious master every technique? no he didnt, he did lern most of them cept for blowing up a star and tulak hords holocron.

and didnt i say life drain? nihilus can use that instead of force drain and its automatic, he provd it by devouring an entire planet

and palpatine using techniques at his leisure? he can try doing it on nihilus but doesnt it back fire because nihilus is a hole in the force?

Darth Sexy
Sidious mastered a lot of techniques but certain techniques(force drain), was mastered by the ancients.

Advent
its already proven, sidious learnt the ancient techniques but didnt master it,

No, you're arguing with canon. Sidious mastered all techniques.

Sadly, he did master it. So, it doesn't matter.

Wookiepedia is a fallible, third party source. Do you want me to go edit the site so it says that "Nihilus is the weakest character in Star Wars"? you cannot use wiki as a source for argument.

Himo
Didn't I just say it's mentioned in the Visual Guide? And no, force drain is force drain. Palpatine's also been described as a black hole in the force and pure, devouring darkness.

Ni may be a wound, but he uses force drain, Meaning Luke'll react accordingly.

Yes you said THE AFTERMATH. Again, I have seen the ruins of Machu Picchu, but do I know how it was made? NO. That goes hand in hand with seeing the destruction of Katarr.

Again, a wound in the force is different from a regular force user. Nihilius would not be using the same technique as Sidious would. What Nihilius did was unique. Learn to deal with it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>