Et tu, Brute??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
How would you handle this????

Would you get over it, forgive it.............or what.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo

I'd probably kinda bleed to death on the senate floor..yeah, that would probably be my first and only action...yeah..

debbiejo
laughing out loud ...Bardock...........lol

But if you lived??

How would you take a stab in the back by one of your beloved or one that you thought were?

xmarksthespot
Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!

I'm afraid for your soul.

-AC

xmarksthespot
That pleases me so. happy

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar! That was from a movie. I forget which though. SHIT! Mean girls?

silver_tears
Indeed it was, I quite enjoyed it happy

Imperial_Samura

Whether Caesar actually said such words is debatable. Still this occurred at the cusp of the Republics death (in truth it had been in danger for a long while, men like Crassus, Sulla, Pompey etc had put it on such a road with their autocratic nature long before.) The Romans where, at this point, big on honor and family and all that. If I was Caesar, and I survived, somehow I don't think my relationship with Brutus would be repaired. In fact I dare say I would seek vengeance of the most terrible kind if he couldn't give me a good reason for his actions. And if he could well, for the sake of the friendship I'd allow him to commit honorable suicide.

If this is just about being betrayed by friends in general - well for me it depends on the nature of the betrayal, and the ability of the betrayer to justify it. I am choosy with my friends, and I would have no time for them if they betrayed me. I get can make new friends, the ones who betrayed me with out cause sacrificed any right to claim to be friends. And if it was serious enough, well... I dislike being in any sort of debt to another, or feeling like someone has put something over me. Revenge! devil

debbiejo
What I mean is..........has anybody ever been stabbed in the back by anyone you would least expect???

Are my communication skills that bad??? laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
What I mean is..........has anybody ever been stabbed in the back by anyone you would least expect???

Are my communication skills that bad??? laughing out loud You should use pictures.

I think the prudent thing to do would be to stab Brutus, roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

debbiejo
^^ Wish I could use those special pics like you........hahasad cool eek!

What If I was Ceaser?? And I was a nice person...........

xmarksthespot
What If I was Caesar?? And I was a nice person........... sad Silly, girls can't be Caesar.

debbiejo
Why not??? Are you prejudiced??

xmarksthespot
Why not??? Are you prejudiced?? I'm pretty sure Roman law says Caesar has to have a penis, or possibly even penes.

What would you do to Brutus debbs. Let's keep it clean now.

debbiejo
I dunno...........brutus was my friend..........a relative in fact...........what should I do to brutus????I can't kill cry

lil bitchiness
I'd be like ''ya b!tch, imma slap you're ass all the way to yo mamma's down town Rome house! Biatch!''

I don't know...Id probably die from deception or something.

xmarksthespot
I dunno...........brutus was my friend..........a relative in fact...........what should I do to brutus????I can't kill cry Hire someone to do it for you. It's always worked for me.

Victor Von Doom
That Shakespeare, huh.

debbiejo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I'd be like ''ya b!tch, imma slap you're ass all the way to yo mamma's down town Rome house! Biatch!''

I don't know...Id probably die from deception or something. Now that's a thought...... laughing out loud

tabby999

I don't know...Id probably die from deception or something.

the first Emo cesar!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by tabby999
the first Emo cesar!

Hip-hop-Emo Cesar. Get it right. Or I'll go cry.

PVS
i would understand that this is politics and not take it personally

WrathfulDwarf
This would have made a cool name title for a Spaghetti Western.

debbiejo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This would have made a cool name title for a Spaghetti Western. Hey!!! You complained on how your little troll subject was invaded by me, and now you do this??????????? laughing out loud

Honest now,...........If you had someone very special, someone you even knew didn't know what they were doing............what would you do?

Could it be like they say "Hard love?".............

Imperial_Samura
Hey!!! You complained on how your little troll subject was invaded by me, and now you do this??????????? laughing out loud

Honest now,...........If you had someone very special, someone you even knew didn't know what they were doing............what would you do?

Could it be like they say "Hard love?".............

That falls under their reasoning. I am forgiving. If they were ignorant they were committing a betrayal, that is inadvertently inserting a dagger in my back (though I think Brutus honored Caesar by stabbing him in the front) then I might be able to understand and forgive, if lament in their ignorance. After all, Brutus was not seeing his actions as betraying Caesar, but rather remaining loyal to the republic - which is where every Romans true allegiance was meant to be. He thought he was doing the right thing.

However if it was fully knowing, without good reason, then that is it for them. Especially if it is a stab in the back. If you wish to betray me, then do it to my face. After all, the difference between a friend and an enemy is that a friend will stab you in the front.

As to the other question - no, I have never been betrayed by someone I was close to or a friend. Maybe I have been lucky, maybe a situation has never arising to test their loyalty - personally my ego likes to think it is because I inspire loyalty and people know that it is better to be with me, then against me, that there is no way a "betrayal" will give them anything better then they have now.

tabby999
Hip-hop-Emo Cesar. Get it right. Or I'll go cry.

cry the pop a cap in my ass?

debbiejo
Hmmmmmmmmmm........What if he was misinformed, what if he was???........just a question......You you still feel the same why on what he did?

Strangelove
I can say with some confidence that that couldn't happen to me. I'm an excellent judge of people. They'd have to be a really good liar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.