Moosey Awards - Most Creative Female

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Da Moose~
Creative

n.

One who displays productive originality

In lieu of Best Newcomer male, since like, NONE of the panel could think of much in that way, I've decided to go off in another direction : Most Creative, thanks in large part, to Ms. LethalFemme, who came up with the idea. There are only 5 nominees.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ~Da Moose~
Creative

n.

One who displays productive originality

In lieu of Best Newcomer male, since like, NONE of the panel could think of much in that way, I've decided to go off in another direction : Most Creative, thanks in large part, to Ms. LethalFemme, who came up with the idea. There are only 5 nominees.

I like how you had to define it....also, LF should be on it, she's be my choice (further displayed by her having this idea in the first place)

Leo.M
Originally posted by Bardock42
I like how you had to define it....also, LF should be on it, she's be my choice (further displayed by her having this idea in the first place)

Roulette
eek! I'm on the list? what the fuggle?embarrasment is it because I give out cookies and muffins?^^

~Da Moose~

Maybe I should try to edit it...

Bardock42
Maybe I should try to edit it...

Yeah you should try...although we both know it won't work, right?

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Roulette
eek! I'm on the list? what the fuggle?embarrasment is it because I give out cookies and muffins?^^

I think it may be more than that, but I agree with the nomination. smile

~Da Moose~
Yeah you should try...although we both know it won't work, right?

Well, we do now... embarrasment

*runs off to find a mod*

Syren

Or maybe because your artwork is beyond belief stick out tongue

Bardock42
Well, we do now... embarrasment

*runs off to find a mod*

But, but....mods...and stuff...

Roulette
I think it may be more than that, but I agree with the nomination. smile

Thanks!^^

*dances* WooHoo!!!

Originally posted by Syren

embarrasment*sinks into chair* thank you ma'am.

Bardock42
Thanks!^^

*dances* WooHoo!!!

see, she's creative ....

~Da Moose~
But, but....mods...and stuff...

It's the only way Marrrius! For God's sake man *slaps him* Canna ye see tha???

Syren

embarrasment*sinks into chair* thank you ma'am.

hug

laughing

I almost heard you try that accent.

~Da Moose~

yes Agreed.

~Da Moose~
hug

laughing

I almost heard you try that accent.

That's because I'm right behind you. Boo. smile

You looked, didn't you?

Syren
Have you SEEN the portrait pic she did for me? cry

(Yeah, I looked)

((Looked where?))

Bardock42

But...you will sell out to them sad

Bardock42

(Yeah, I looked)

Yeah, I wanted to make love to it....

Syren
SCOTT toot

You need to put the award titles in capital letters so I can find them more easily... eek!

Roulette
hug

hug I lub hugs^-^

yes Agreed.

Thanks Mr Mooseembarrasment

~Da Moose~

(Yeah, I looked)

((Looked where?))

I did, it's absolutely amazing.

Behind you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Syren
Quit looking at my ass nono

~Da Moose~
SCOTT toot

You need to put the award titles in capital letters so I can find them more easily... eek!

KEZZINATOR!!

I will, ok?

Syren
Spanks eyes

~Da Moose~
hug I lub hugs^-^

Thanks Mr Mooseembarrasment

Yeah, well.....heh...you know....I mean..... embarrasment

~Da Moose~

No.

*keeps looking at ass*

Bardock42

Yes.

*keeps looking at ass*

Syren
*covers ass*

Go and capitalize, mister.

Roulette
Yeah, well.....heh...you know....I mean..... embarrasment

laughing out loud *hands you a cookie* big grin

Shelbert Lemon
voted happy

~Da Moose~
laughing out loud *hands you a cookie* big grin

What a creative way to say 'I want you'. wink stick out tongue

Clovie
I wanna vote for two cry

Ladyluck
I'm on the poll. eek! Cool w00t

Syren
Roulette's winning toot

Slay
I vote Jen.

Make a ''Best Dutch Member'' Award. glare

Vinny Valentine
Roulette For sure.

Roulette
What a creative way to say 'I want you'. wink stick out tongue

laughing out loud you're just as skanky as Bardock^^ hehe

eek! holy crap! I'm winningembarrasment....wow...thanks for your votes everyone!^-^

Coldfire
No love from the Moosey again... I must be invisible or something shock

Roulette
sad hug

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Coldfire
No love from the Moosey again... I must be invisible or something shock

Ugh...listen, I don't put the peoples names on there!! I coerced, I mean, got people to volunteer on a panel to nominate people. It's not my doing. Honestly.

~Da Moose~
laughing out loud you're just as skanky as Bardock^^ hehe

eek! holy crap! I'm winningembarrasment....wow...thanks for your votes everyone!^-^

Hell no! I'm waaaay skankier than that priest.

Syren
Coldfire should have been on there... but that's the panel's mistake, not Moose's embarrasment

Forgive us Amber??

Lana
So few people think I'm creative sad

Syren
Only in comparison to Roulette, don't be disheartened. Perhaps the majority of people who've voted aren't yet aware of your talents hug

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
So few people think I'm creative sad I'd vote for you, but I think you aren't creative.

LanceWindu

You're in second place...no expression...don't complain.

Lana
Only in comparison to Roulette, don't be disheartened. Perhaps the majority of people who've voted aren't yet aware of your talents hug

Doesn't help that most people don't realize which artwork thread is mine because it's never been renamed when I changed my username (even though I kinda asked Lil to several times)...

I'd vote for you, but I think you aren't creative.

Have you seen my stuff.

Syren
Doesn't help that most people don't realize which artwork thread is mine because it's never been renamed when I changed my username (even though I kinda asked Lil to several times)...

Well, there's your answer stick out tongue

Bardock42

Have you seen my stuff.

Well, I have seen some of your sigs....I never really felt the urge to visit your thread though....so I did only once or twice, can't really remember though.

Syren
Bardock, quit provoking her nono

Lana
Well, there's your answer stick out tongue

I've PMed Storm to get it fixed stick out tongue

Well, I have seen some of your sigs....I never really felt the urge to visit your thread though....so I did only once or twice, can't really remember though.

I don't count sigs as I barely spend more than a half hour on them. My actual artwork is way different and is stuff I sell.

Bardock42
I don't count sigs as I barely spend more than a half hour on them. My actual artwork is way different and is stuff I sell.

Yeah, well, that doesn't mean it is good or creative though.

Syren
You don't need to defend yourself against Bardock... I mean, he's Bardock laughing out loud

Bardock42
You don't need to defend yourself against Bardock... I mean, he's Bardock laughing out loud

At least you didn't say German, anyways, your thread is renamed now.

Lana

People who's opinions I value much more in that regard than you would tend to disagree with you.

Bardock42
People who's opinions I value much more in that regard than you would tend to disagree with you.

Then they are idiots.

Syren
At least you didn't say German, anyways, your thread is renamed now.

My thread is renamed? confused

Bardock42
My thread is renamed? confused

Yeah, I most probably meant your thread...

Lana
Then they are idiots.

I dunno, I wouldn't say professionally trained artists are idiots.

Bardock42
I dunno, I wouldn't say professionally trained artists are idiots.

People that deny that someone can sell stuff without being good or creative are idiots regardless of their profession. But I get what you are saying, I didn't mean that your stuff/you are not good or creative, I'm hardly in a position to judge that.

Alpha Centauri
A lot of people on American Idol are professionally trained, Lana.

I don't see why you're getting antsy because people on KMC aren't praising your art. You like it, don't you? Bardock doesn't think you're creative, no need to try proving him wrong. He simply doesn't think you are.

He's also one of the more intelligent (different to knowledge) members of this forum, often underrated because he acts so silly.

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A lot of people on American Idol are professionally trained, Lana.

I don't see why you're getting antsy because people on KMC aren't praising your art. You like it, don't you? Bardock doesn't think you're creative, no need to try proving him wrong. He simply doesn't think you are.

He's also one of the more intelligent (different to knowledge) members of this forum, often underrated because he acts so silly.

-AC

I came to a bit of a realization yesterday, and quite a large part of it was about my art. So if I'm seeming antsy about it, it's because I'm still a bit moody and on edge.

(part of it was that I recently found someone stealing my stuff. Not cool at all.)

Alpha Centauri
I came to a bit of a realization yesterday, and quite a large part of it was about my art. So if I'm seeming antsy about it, it's because I'm still a bit moody and on edge.

(part of it was that I recently found someone stealing my stuff. Not cool at all.)

That's fair enough, but there will come a time where you'll have to accept responsibility for things you say instead of putting it down to errant emotions, but that's just me.

Either way, it's not Bardock's fault.

-AC

Lana
That's fair enough, but there will come a time where you'll have to accept responsibility for things you say instead of putting it down to errant emotions, but that's just me.

Either way, it's not Bardock's fault.

-AC

I'm not putting it down to being in a bad mood. I'd be the same way about it regardless. As I said, I came to a bit of a realization about a lot of stuff yesterday, my artwork included, and this is part of it.

Bardock42
I'm not putting it down to being in a bad mood. I'd be the same way about it regardless. As I said, I came to a bit of a realization about a lot of stuff yesterday, my artwork included, and this is part of it.

What realization?

Alpha Centauri

So you'd have said it to him regardless? Why do you have such a problem with him not finding you creative? I'm honestly not trying to have a go at you, I'm just very curious. Because you also said:

Part of being an artist is accepting criticism, Lana. If you pay attention and accept the good, you have to accept the bad. Either that or pay attention to what nobody says. If you value them higher simply because they believe you are creative, then that's rather bad.

You should know that.

-AC

Lana
What realization?

I'll not go into it in public.

So you'd have said it to him regardless? Why do you have such a problem with him not finding you creative? I'm honestly not trying to have a go at you, I'm just very curious. Because you also said:

Part of being an artist is accepting criticism, Lana. If you pay attention and accept the good, you have to accept the bad. Either that or pay attention to what nobody says. If you value them higher simply because they believe you are creative, then that's rather bad.

You should know that.

-AC

Ever hear of sarcasm? Or should I have tacked a 'stick out tongue' on the end there to make that clear?

Alpha Centauri
Ever hear of sarcasm? Or should I have tacked a 'stick out tongue' on the end there to make that clear?

Why are you getting antsy? You're the one who said it, I said I'm not having a go and you go into defense mode.

Let's be honest, that's just an excuse because someone has pulled you up on it. Anyone who read that comment can clearly see you meant what you said, at least take responsibility. I'm not stupid, I know the difference between an ambigious post and one that is later passed off as sarcasm.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

You should know that.

-AC

Constructive Criticism AC. Lana shouldn't have to accept just plain old criticism. Especially in her artistic skills.

Bardock42
What's wrong with you people. Are you unable to follow an ordinary conversation?

~Da Moose~
I like purple stuff.....

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Constructive Criticism AC. Lana shouldn't have to accept just plain old criticism. Especially in her artistic skills.

She does have to accept that some people simply won't find her creative. That's how the world works. I don't find the mod system good, but instead of saying to me: "Well, we like other people's opinions more, and they disagree.", I have actually been asked for my in depth opinion on the matter, and that is something I have respect for, because it shows that some people realise that you have to take good with bad.

Instead of saying "Why do you not find me creative?", she chose to say "Well there are opinions I value more than yours, and they disagree.". Wrong way of dealing with things, quite simply.

I like her art, personally, and she knows that. I think she's very creative, but Bardock doesn't. She took exception to that, didn't she?

-AC

Bardock42
But, but...I never said that...

Lana
Why are you getting antsy? You're the one who said it, I said I'm not having a go and you go into defense mode.

Let's be honest, that's just an excuse because someone has pulled you up on it. Anyone who read that comment can clearly see you meant what you said, at least take responsibility. I'm not stupid, I know the difference between an ambigious post and one that is later passed off as sarcasm.

-AC

And sometimes, you're just completely off-base altogether.

And saying "I don't find that good or creative" isn't constructive criticism. Concrit would be saying "I don't like this part of it, why don't you try that?", and things along those lines. I'm fine with concrit. What I'm not fine with is people saying stuff it isn't and then later trying to pass it off as concrit.

Not to mention that he also said that he had never even seen my art when he first said that.

Syren
But, but...I never said that...

Were you serious to begin with?

AC - my Bardock comment was a joke roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
And sometimes, you're just completely off-base altogether.

And saying "I don't find that good or creative" isn't constructive criticism. Concrit would be saying "I don't like this part of it, why don't you try that?", and things along those lines. I'm fine with concrit. What I'm not fine with is people saying stuff it isn't and then later trying to pass it off as concrit.

Now who's off base? I'm not basing my argument on Bardock, I'm basing it on your ability to not accept that you'll get negative criticism. I'm not saying you have to like criticism that isn't constructive, but you have to accept you'll get it.

Just like you'll get people saying "That's good." without any further explanation, and I'm sure you'd have no problem with that, would you? That's not constructive.

I have said to you, many times, "I find that very good.", opposite of Bardock's comment. You haven't said a word to me, why him?

-AC

~Da Moose~
I said I like purple things.....

Syren
I said I like purple things.....

Like plums?

Lana
Now who's off base? I'm not basing my argument on Bardock, I'm basing it on your ability to not accept that you'll get negative criticism. I'm not saying you have to like criticism that isn't constructive, but you have to accept you'll get it.

Just like you'll get people saying "That's good." without any further explanation, and I'm sure you'd have no problem with that, would you? That's not constructive.

I have said to you, many times, "I find that very good.", opposite of Bardock's comment. You haven't said a word to me, why him?

-AC

I added an edit on to my post that explains a bit better as to why I made my initial comment. He said that he'd never even seen any of my stuff beyond some of my sigs. Kind of makes it an invalid opinion then, wouldn't you think?

~Da Moose~
Like plums?

Hmm. Yep..those are good.

Do you? Do you, Kerry 'hotpants' Barker, like purple things?

Bardock42
Were you serious to begin with?

AC - my Bardock comment was a joke roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes I was serious with all I said, I jsut think no one understood what I said...

Alpha Centauri
I added an edit on to my post that explains a bit better as to why I made my initial comment. He said that he'd never even seen any of my stuff beyond some of my sigs. Kind of makes it an invalid opinion then, wouldn't you think?

Did you miss the part where I said I'm not specifically defending HIS case with ALL my argument?

If he hasn't even seen your artwork, then he simply cannot comment on your artwork. It doesn't mean he can't find you non-creative in other ways that he's seen.

My main point is: You said you're against criticism that isn't constructive, yet you've never said a bad word to me in all the times I've simply praised your work without so much as a "Well I think..." style explanation.

-AC

Syren
Hmm. Yep..those are good.

Do you? Do you, Kerry 'hotpants' Barker, like purple things?

shock

I think you got the wrong Kerry - aha - that's not my second name ninja

~Da Moose~
shock

I think you got the wrong Kerry - aha - that's not my second name ninja

I can't spell Ann. embarrasment

Oh...oh shit! Look what I did!!^^ Happy Dance

Xirius
I voted for Lana

Lana
Did you miss the part where I said I'm not specifically defending HIS case with ALL my argument?

If he hasn't even seen your artwork, then he simply cannot comment on your artwork. It doesn't mean he can't find you non-creative in other ways that he's seen.

My main point is: You said you're against criticism that isn't constructive, yet you've never said a bad word to me in all the times I've simply praised your work without so much as a "Well I think..." style explanation.

-AC

And as I said initially, I don't think he can judge whether I am creative or not unless he HAS seen my artwork, because I really don't put any effort into my sigs at all unless it's for a contest or something.

And why would I? I know you, I know you're honest, and I know that if I ask you for concrit I'll get it. What I don't like is when people don't like something yet don't explain it - how does that help me any? How does that help me see what it is that I could improve on? It doesn't.

Syren
I can't spell Ann. embarrasment

Oh...oh shit! Look what I did!!^^ Happy Dance

Yeah, yeah... Kerry Ann Barker is my name. Laugh it up mhm

Bardock42
Actually I just realized it is my fault.....I made this hilariously funny joke to begin with.

I'd vote for you, but I think you aren't creative.

And when I was confronted with a total lack of humour I, instead of solving it or continuing to joke, just went back to serious mode with this:

That was just meant as a true answer not related to what I said before.

So when she said that she sold her stuff I just wanted to generally explain that selling stuff (even art) doesn't mean that the stuff is creative or good...I did that by posting this:

After that I decided to call anyone that disagrees with this very reasonable opinion an idiotOriginally posted by Bardock42
Then they are idiots.
....and then it kinda went off....so...everything clear now?

~Da Moose~

blink That wasn't what I was doing.

I was trying to give you a new nickname...like Hotpants....or Hoochie Mama....or Rick.

Lana

My mom's first name is Ann stick out tongue

We got something in the mail once that I guess was supposed to be addressed to both of us, but instead of saying 'Ann and Alana', it said 'Ana' blink

~Da Moose~
My mom's first name is Ann stick out tongue

We got something in the mail once that I guess was supposed to be addressed to both of us, but instead of saying 'Ann and Alana', it said 'Ana' blink

So who got to open it?? eek!

Alpha Centauri
And as I said initially, I don't think he can judge whether I am creative or not unless he HAS seen my artwork, because I really don't put any effort into my sigs at all unless it's for a contest or something.

And why would I? I know you, I know you're honest, and I know that if I ask you for concrit I'll get it. What I don't like is when people don't like something yet don't explain it - how does that help me any? How does that help me see what it is that I could improve on? It doesn't.

I totally understand why you hate it, and you have every right to hate it, but how do you know that despite what I say, there are things I believe could be improved on? Hypothetically?

That said, I've never seen you ask for concrit from any of the replies on your site, most of them being one liners, hardly constructive at all.

Point being, if you dislike criticism without it being constructive, you should dislike it from both ends. Not everyone is as honest as I am, they could have many ideas for improvement but not say it.

-AC

Lana
So who got to open it?? eek!

I did, and on the inside it said Ann and Alana roll eyes (sarcastic)

I totally understand why you hate it, and you have every right to hate it, but how do you know that despite what I say, there are things I believe could be improved on? Hypothetically?

That said, I've never seen you ask for concrit from any of the replies on your site, most of them being one liners, hardly constructive at all.

Point being, if you dislike criticism without it being constructive, you should dislike it from both ends. Not everyone is as honest as I am, they could have many ideas for improvement but not say it.

-AC

Yeah, most people only post one-liners on there, and more increasingly, people just don't post anything at all, which while I'm glad people like it, I really would rather get SOME sort of response. But I do have a few people on there who have always given me crit, and I've improved a LOT because of it.

(and quite frankly, I spend a few hours a day answering messages on there anyway, and there are oftentimes that I have too many to even reply to. And I'm not even that well-known)

Bardock42
Yes, yes...no one reads my posts cry

Syren
Actually I jsut realized it is my fault.....I made this hilariously funny joke to begin with.

And when I was confronted with a total lack of humour I, instead of solving it or continuing to joke, just went back to serious mode with this:

That was just meant as a true answer not related to what I said before.

So when she said that she sold her stuff I jsut wanted to generally explain that selling stuff (even art) doesn't mean that the stuff is creative or good...I did that by posting this:

After that I decided to call anyone that disagrees with this very reasonable opinion an idiot
....and then it kinda went off....so...everything clear now?

hug

~Da Moose~
I did, and on the inside it said Ann and Alana roll eyes (sarcastic)

Must have been teribly confusing for the both of you though. I hope it hasn't impaired you in any way...like, not being able to trust the mail. Or, questioning your name...or...worse.... sad

~Da Moose~
Yes, yes...no one reads my posts cry

Stop speaking in broken Gernglish and maybe someone will marble mouth.

Alpha Centauri
This is where I paraphrase Jay, from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I am the crit commander! None of you f*cks master a crit like I do, not this little f*ck (Bardock), none of you little f*cks out there. Whenever you see crit you'll see this face.

-AC

Bardock42
Stop speaking in broken Gernglish and maybe someone will marble mouth.

Lana
Must have been teribly confusing for the both of you though. I hope it hasn't impaired you in any way...like, not being able to trust the mail. Or, questioning your name...or...worse.... sad

laughing out loud

It was from our car insurance company and we're on the same policy. I guess they were just really lazy with addressing the envelope roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42

I am the crit commander! None of you f*cks master a crit like I do, not this little f*ck (Bardock), none of you little f*cks out there. Whenever you see crit you'll see this face.

-AC

hehe, that would be soo funny if a Chinese guy said that.....well...or if you had quoted the real thing.

Lana

-AC

blink laughing

That movie is awesome.

~Da Moose~

Good job Juergen.

~Da Moose~
laughing out loud

It was from our car insurance company and we're on the same policy. I guess they were just really lazy with addressing the envelope roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or maybe....MAYBE, there is someone out there named Ana...umm Stardust, who's taken over the ID's of you AND your mother, and she's out there now, sullying your good names....ruining your lives.....

Lana
Or maybe....MAYBE, there is someone out there named Ana...umm Stardust, who's taken over the ID's of you AND your mother, and she's out there now, sullying your good names....ruining your lives.....

Ana Stardust?

Well, that could work if Stardust were my last name stick out tongue

~Da Moose~
Ana Stardust?

Well, that could work if Stardust were my last name stick out tongue

Given I don't KNOW your last name, I went with what I think it SHOULD be. big grin

Syren
Alana Stardust? Sounds like a character from Chicago. Not the place.. ironic, that stick out tongue

Lana
Alana Stardust? Sounds like a character from Chicago. Not the place.. ironic, that stick out tongue

If ever I decide to go into acting, that shall be my stage name queen

~Da Moose~
If ever I decide to go into acting, that shall be my stage name queen

No no...you should call yourself, Veronica Tofflemyre. droolio

Roulette
Hell no! I'm waaaay skankier than that priest.

Haha^-^....jeez, I dunno...Bardock's really skankyyes

I voted for youhug I think you're extremely creative m'dear.

Syren
w00t

Roulette!! eek!

Roulette
eek! blushing Thanks for the votes everyone!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.