Hayden and the different music in ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
Ok this has probably been discussed before so linki me to it if it has.
What did you guys think of putting Hayden Christensen as the ghost of Ani at end of ROTJ? I thought it looked really bad having Alec Guiness who is so much older beside him - it was way better with the old actor . And he looked silly.
Your views?
However I did like the different music they used after the death star blew up and everyone was celebrating - the old music was a bit cheesy and stupid. What do you think?

amity75
I loved the inclusion of Hayden and I'd have gone a step further and re-shot the unmasking scene and have had an aged Hayden under the mask. Though the special edition "End theme" sucked ass. You can't beat the original as our heroes are sitting for the final scene and the music is going "ba bara baraa ba ba! Ba bara bara a a aaaaaa!!!'

Jam-Jul_Lison
i prefered it how it originaly. especialy with the old ewok music. I also hated when lucas added in all those fireworks going off everywhere through out the galaxy. Come on now. How realisitic is that? Most of the people living in the Empire though the Emperor was a good guy. None of them knew he was The Dark Lord of the Sith.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
i prefered it how it originaly. especialy with the old ewok music. I also hated when lucas added in all those fireworks going off everywhere through out the galaxy. Come on now. How realisitic is that? Most of the people living in the Empire though the Emperor was a good guy. None of them knew he was The Dark Lord of the Sith. The 'area' went from Endor to Bespin. So that's off, and there was the whole thing with the storm troopers killing the Rebel sympathizers on Coruscant. And the SE was better, IMO.

DeVi| D0do
The ewok music is great but not in the context of the movie... I prefer the SE celebration music. Christensen needs to get the **** out of the movie though. Watching the '04 DVDs my heart gets all warm at the end when Vader saves Luke, the Emperor is dead, and the galaxy is set free... and then prissy-boy Anakin shows up and kills the whole thing.

Tangible God
The new music pisses me off. I don't mind Hayden as much though.

Blaxican Hydra
It makes more sense to have Hayden in it.

... MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torik_Shai
Incredible. Most of the time, most fans in this forum just talk about how much the SE sucks. Now the OT is finally being re-released, and you guys start talking about how the SE isn't so bad. Weird.

Anyway, I don't really mind Hayden in the last scene, except for one thing. They should have had him look to his left as though he were looking at Obi-Wan and Yoda. Cause they're both looking at each other and Anakin as well as at Luke. Hayden just keeps staring straight forward. That kinda bugs me. Otherwise, I don't have much of a problem with it.

SpyCspider
^hahhaah yea, he did have sorta shady look to him...

chinabing
The Hayden ghost didn't even really smile. Sebastian Shaw was grinning from ear to ear. That's what I miss.

Smoker Stevens
I heard Sebastian wasn't happy with it neither..

pr1983
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
The ewok music is great but not in the context of the movie... I prefer the SE celebration music. Christensen needs to get the **** out of the movie though. Watching the '04 DVDs my heart gets all warm at the end when Vader saves Luke, the Emperor is dead, and the galaxy is set free... and then prissy-boy Anakin shows up and kills the whole thing.

i literally turn it off as luke turns to look at the dead jedi... i can't stomach it... sick

i like the ewok music... i do see your point though...

steverules
Hayden was added to end?

Is this in like some new DVD of ROTJ or the box set they bought out in 2005? (I think thats when it came out)

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
i prefered it how it originaly. especialy with the old ewok music. I also hated when lucas added in all those fireworks going off everywhere through out the galaxy. Come on now. How realisitic is that? Most of the people living in the Empire though the Emperor was a good guy. None of them knew he was The Dark Lord of the Sith. dude how realistic is star wars????????

pr1983
Originally posted by steverules
Hayden was added to end?

Is this in like some new DVD of ROTJ or the box set they bought out in 2005? (I think thats when it came out)

2004, the rotj dvd has hayden as the anakin ghost at the end...

Velkyn
Kinda makes me think Luke is thinking... ok... Obi... check... Short green guy... check... wait...who the heck are you?!?!

pr1983
Originally posted by Velkyn
Kinda makes me think Luke is thinking... ok... Obi... check... Short green guy... check... wait...who the heck are you?!?!

Pretty much, as he wouldnt have recognised him, at least at first...

JediKatarn1
Never replace Sabastian Shaw with Hayden Christiansen in the Vader unmaking scene in Return of the Jedi. Shaw should be remembered always. Remember the Star Wars saga is Lucas's creation no the fans' creation.

Alliance
QUEEQ. THIS IS EU. CLOSE.

General G
Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, I was reading about a fight between Voldemort and Vader...

Alliance
.../everywhere.

General G
Yeah, but I hadn't seen the other ones before I posted here.

Alliance
Its rather hard to miss.

Count Makashi
Inclusion of Hayden bothered me, but not as much, as changing the music, Ewok song is one of the best themes ever for me, not just in SW, the new theme is so bad, i cant believe it, they changed the music. This is the reason, i didn't bought the SE, only because of this.

Alliance
The new song is much better, its more towned down, befitting what ACTUALLY happens in the saga.

General G
I am still unsure which song I prefer.

Alliance
2nd. You're a droid...you don't have rights...like a right to an opinion.

General G
Where did the "2nd" come from?

I have all the same rights as everybody else.

Alliance
Droid.

General G
Copy boy.

Alliance
Tinnie.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Alliance
The new song is much better, its more towned down, befitting what ACTUALLY happens in the saga.

The new song is the worst song ever, the guy who made it, should have been shot.

Alliance
No.

General G
It definately wasn't that bad.

Alliance
No. and it was better than Lucas' 2nd grade play song.

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
Original rules.

Alliance
Rules the 2nd Grade.

queeq
No, that is the PT.

Alliance
In case you haven't noticed, ROTJ is the PT.

(just poorly designed)

General G
erm

queeq
Hehehe

Count Makashi
Originally posted by General G
It definately wasn't that bad.

Yes it was, the Ewok song was the only thin good about the Ewoks.

Kevy2007
No, completely disagree and it's quite sad that people prefer over the original when the change destroys and ruins the ending. Seeing Hayden "pretty boy" Christensen replacing Shaw as Luke's dad emotionally destroys the impact of the OT

Captain REX
I prefer the new ending music, but not Hayden...

queeq
Who does?

chewy16
I hate this change more then Greedo shooting first, and it also makes no sense! Think about it, Lucas says that Anakin supposedly died in ROTS, and it was the Darth Vader who polluted his soul for Episodes IV, V, VI, and that is why he comes back as a young Hayden instead of an older Shaw.

I would ask Lucas, who is conflicted the whole ROTJ movie? Older Anakin! Who saves Luke and kills the Emperor at the end of ROTJ? Older Anakin! Who says to Luke, "Tell your sister you were right"? Older Anakin! Hey George, THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON!!!!!! Older Anakin was the one who redeemed younger Anakin, so it is only fitting that he stands there next to OLDER YODA and OLDER KENOBI! Not only a dumb looking change, but it makes zero sense.

Forcewielder
What made zero sense is that Older Anakin's ghost had skin, hair and all his limbs in place when he should've been a limbless burnt toast like he was at the end of EP3. Plus, Anakin did actually die in EP3 because if you listen carefully during the scene where Anakin is about to have the Darth Vader mask put on him, the heart moniter stops beating once the mask is on and then it starts up again when the helmet is put on.

chewy16
Originally posted by Forcewielder
What made zero sense is that Older Anakin's ghost had skin, hair and all his limbs in place when he should've been a limbless burnt toast like he was at the end of EP3. Plus, Anakin did actually die in EP3 because if you listen carefully during the scene where Anakin is about to have the Darth Vader mask put on him, the heart moniter stops beating once the mask is on and then it starts up again when the helmet is put on.

If Anakin died in Episode III, then who is conflicted all through Episode VI? This is where Lucas really screwed up and now it doesn't make any sense, cause they are the same person: Vader = Anakin, and all Darth Vader is, Anakin's alter ego after the fight on Mustafar, not a new person.

As for why doesn't Anakin appear limbless and burnt in 1983 ROTJ version, because it was established sitting there next to Yoda & Kenobi, that all scars are gone and you have made it as a force ghost. What is also established is that you appear as the age you DIED, so it looks pretty ridiculous now that Anakin, who was a bad guy at one point and killed younglings, jedi, and choked his wife, gets to appear as a 20 year old stud, while Kenobi, the consumate good guy, gets to appear as an old crusty man. Yeah, that's fair!

queeq
Originally posted by Forcewielder

What BS... If someone gos clinically dead for a moment, it doesn't mean he's a totally different person when he's resurrected. Shaw should have been at the end of ROTJ, not Hayden.

General G
Yeah, but then the younger audience may have spoken out against a limbless hero.

queeq
How is a spirit limbless? It's a fairy tale for crying out loud.

General G
Because Vader/Anakin was missing a few limbs when he died.

Alliance
no...he clearly died before that when he changed his name.

(he had MPD)

General G
But then came back afterwards as Anakin and then died...again?

Alliance
apparently. I don't understand Star Wars.

queeq
It's too complicated.

General G
But its good to make an effort.

queeq
Is it?

Alliance
Actuall, i get it.

General G
Good, I was worried. Actually...still am.

Alliance
actuall...

queeq
Act...

General G
A...

queeq

General G

Count Makashi

General G

queeq
CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.