Darth Maul vs. ESB Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Forcemaster
The location is Mustafar.

Flamboyant4Life
Umm Darth Maul. Easily.

Sith'ari
Darth Maul easily.

Rampant ox
I dare say that Maul wtf pwns. ESB Luke is an awful fighter and a pathetic force user.

zephiel7
^ agreed. I would tend to say Maul wtfpwns him....

Mesirus
yup, not a match its a butchery maul was training in a time of many jedi's thus lots of competition, luke was only compaired to a old man, no wonder really

Quinlan_Vos
Actually, no, he doesn't get pawned, in fact he might win. See, like I mentioned before, GL says Vader after his injury at Mustafar could only grow back to 80% of Sidious. Therefore, a person who I consider 80% of Sidious is Count Dooku. So it's safe to say that Vader is around the same level as Tyrannus. Now sources say that Luke defeated Vader in ROTJ (ROTJ Luke basically the same as ESB Luke). Yes, since he did resort to rage so we can demote his skill by some amount. Basically, what I am saying is that Luke defeated a Sith comparable to Tyrannus. And Darth Tyrannus and Darth Vader are both STRONGER than Maul. So Luke (without using the dark side in ROTJ) is perhaps slightly stronger Darth Maul. Yes, this sounds screwed up, but it's true. I mean, this is Luke Skywalker, who's the most strongest Jedi of all time, therefore even with some monthes training he's good.

Akira99
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Actually, no, he doesn't get pawned, in fact he might win. See, like I mentioned before, GL says Vader after his injury at Mustafar could only grow back to 80% of Sidious. Therefore, a person who I consider 80% of Sidious is Count Dooku. So it's safe to say that Vader is around the same level as Tyrannus. Now sources say that Luke defeated Vader in ROTJ (ROTJ Luke basically the same as ESB Luke). Yes, since he did resort to rage so we can demote his skill by some amount. Basically, what I am saying is that Luke defeated a Sith comparable to Tyrannus. And Darth Tyrannus and Darth Vader are both STRONGER than Maul. So Luke (without using the dark side in ROTJ) is perhaps slightly stronger Darth Maul. Yes, this sounds screwed up, but it's true. I mean, this is Luke Skywalker, who's the most strongest Jedi of all time, therefore even with some monthes training he's good.

You might be right based on the skill we see in movies. I mean Mark Hamill wasn't a martial artist like Ray Parker. In reality Luke would have good chance. Its just the advancements in tech etc. and more skilled actors that makes Maul look deadlier. I'd have to diagree however that ESB Luke could defeat Maul. I'd say that ROTJ Luke was more advanced than ESB Luke. I reckon Vader was holding back on Luke in ESB though Luke WAS a force to be reckoned with. I'd have to say that Luke would be what Kenobi was to Maul in TPM with his rage BUT only ROTJ Luke. ESB Luke would be beaten back quite easily I reckon

((The_Anomaly))
Maul curbstomps Luke.

Lord Saboteur
Darth Maul is a level 4 Monk and a level 8 Beserker, whereas Luke is a level 4 Beserker. I think the winner should be obvious.

Quinlan_Vos
Look I am only using the quotes GL said himself. Perhaps there's a difference from ESB Luke and ROTJ Luke. But I don't believe Luke gets pawned. He'll just normally lose.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Look I am only using the quotes GL said himself. Perhaps there's a difference from ESB Luke and ROTJ Luke. But I don't believe Luke gets pawned. He'll just normally lose. There is, Luke got EXP fighting the Black Sun and making his own lightsaber. Duh.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Akira99
You might be right based on the skill we see in movies. I mean Mark Hamill wasn't a martial artist like Ray Parker. In reality Luke would have good chance. Its just the advancements in tech etc. and more skilled actors that makes Maul look deadlier. I'd have to diagree however that ESB Luke could defeat Maul. I'd say that ROTJ Luke was more advanced than ESB Luke. I reckon Vader was holding back on Luke in ESB though Luke WAS a force to be reckoned with.

I agree with this much of it. Luke would be no pushover, but, his natural talent in the force and with a saber isn't enough in this match. Maul is too experienced, and would beat Luke.

darthsith19
Hmm... lets see what each individual has done:
Luke (by the end of ESB): Has been training for 3 years, most of that time he was without a mentor. He defeats Phantom Vader in the cave, does a frontflip, climbs a rope, lifts R2-D2 as well as some rocks, then he goes to Cloud City and gets punked by Vader, though he does manage to nick Vader on the arm with his lightsaber.

Maul: Easily defeast the entire Black Sun syndicate single-handedly (I'd be surprised if Luke got passed the first Vigo that Maul went after, though he might make it to that girl with the lightsabers who protects that Vigo if he got lucky, but I doubt it). Killed Anoon Bondara, who was said to be the most skilled Jedi in the order with a blade, killed Darsha Assent (sp?), fought Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon at the same time and killed Qui-Gon, who was said to have saber skills that rivaled Mace Windu's, and would have beaten kenobi, too, but had to die to move the story along and fit in with the OT. Was trained by Sidious for 22 years, trained solely to be a weapon of mass destruction and a Jedi killing machine. He is in far better shape than Luke and trains daily. Nearly killed Sidious and, in an Infintry, almost beat the same Vader that punked ESB Luke.

In other words: I think it's safe to say that Maul WTF pwns Luke. Hell, he might be able to do it unarmed.

Also, a stronger Luke, from between ESB and ROTJ, attacked Black Sun when they wern't all together and prepared for an attack and Luke had Dash, lando and Chewie helping him and he still didn't do as good against them as Maul did and he didn't even defeat all of them, just blew up Xizor's palace and killed some of them.

kamikz
Maul takes this kinda easy I belive...

On a side note though, Luke took down the black sun as well (although it might have been later). And I disagree that Maul did it easily. If one of the guards had not been so stupid to try to read his mind or talk to him, he could have shot Maul at that moment......

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by kamikz
Maul takes this kinda easy I belive...

On a side note though, Luke took down the black sun as well (although it might have been later). And I disagree that Maul did it easily. If one of the guards had not been so stupid to try to read his mind or talk to him, he could have shot Maul at that moment...... Luke did it after ESB, as I stated a while before in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.