black bolt vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win in the fight between black bolt and superman?

kgkg
Superman but good fight

darthgoober
Speed blitz. smile

bigbran
been done, blackbolt wins....closing.

kgkg
Originally posted by darthgoober
Speed blitz. smile BB is to fast for that

Apolloknight
Originally posted by kgkg
BB is to fast for that

BB can travel at the speed of light?

kgkg
Originally posted by Apolloknight
BB can travel at the speed of light? hmmmm....... his speed has never been calculated.... but he didn't seem to have problem with speed.......... Even the surfer called him fast.

He doesn't get Blitz

Priest
hmmmm....... his speed has never been calculated.... but he didn't seem to have problem with speed.......... Even the surfer called him fast.

He doesn't get Blitz

he also was able to fight gladiator. I think Blackbolt can win this.

thedude1948
Superman speedblitzes him and then Blacbolt says "Ow" Superman is KOed.

Innerhype
WTH?

Superman wins this

This is a terrible mis-matched fight

kgkg
Originally posted by Innerhype
WTH?

Superman wins this

This is a terrible mis-matched fight mis-matched? u must not know BB

golem370
Black Bolt can also harness the unknown particles his brain generates to interact with electrons to create anti-gravitons that enable him to defy gravity. By emitting a jet of rapidly moving particle/electron interaction by-products while enveloped by antigravitons, Black Bolt can fly up to 500 miles per hour for a period of 6 hours before his brain begins to tire appreciably from the effort. The anti-graviton field also serves to protect Black Bolt from the detrimental effects of rapid movement through the atmosphere

A.J
Superman but good fight

Broly92
Bump

Juntai
Superman.

Broly92
Black Bolt 7/10

MattDay
black bolt 6/10

Mindship
What's next? Black Bolt beats Doomsday / Darkseid?

First of all, 500 mph (from golem's post) is not that fast, by superhero standards (it's not even Mach 1). Superman, I understand, moves minimally at 0.1 cee, which is about Mach 10,000.

Superman is stronger and more durable. If Black Bolt can take a nuke or lift and fly with supertankers, please post pics.

Now: I can see Superman being affected by BB's scream, and hence BB could win -- temporarily -- from that. But once Superman becomes apprised of this weapon, he will take steps to avoid being KO'd that way again. Speedblitz is one option, heat vision to BB's throat another. And heck, what would happen if Superman screamed at BB?

Superman 7/10.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindship
What's next? Black Bolt beats Doomsday / Darkseid?

First of all, 500 mph (from golem's post) is not that fast, by superhero standards (it's not even Mach 1). Superman, I understand, moves minimally at 0.1 cee, which is about Mach 10,000.

Superman is stronger and more durable. If Black Bolt can take a nuke or lift and fly with supertankers, please post pics.

Now: I can see Superman being affected by BB's scream, and hence BB could win -- temporarily -- from that. But once Superman becomes apprised of this weapon, he will take steps to avoid being KO'd that way again. Speedblitz is one option, heat vision to BB's throat another. And heck, what would happen if Superman screamed at BB?

Superman 7/10. Agreed.
Also, assuming Blackbolts quasi-sonic ability would easily KO Supes, who's suffered FAR worse and stayed conscious, is just false in and of itself.

Supes emits white sound and rubs his hands together and could probably cancel out the whole effect.

nvrbeenwthagirl
People make Superman's Durability seem so impossible to beat . I always thought that a whisper from Black Bolt could pulverize a mountain. And all out scream would creme Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
People make Superman's Durability seem so impossible to beat . I always thought that a whisper from Black Bolt could pulverize a mountain. And all out scream would creme Superman. Got a panel of Blackbolt all out screaming at a humanoid?

Mindship
Something else occurred to me: comparing durability levels, is Black Bolt even bulletproof? Has he actually stood his ground and had slugs bounce off his chest? I'd love to see that (seriously, no sarcasm). Superman can catch bullets, which not only implies bulletproof but, again, tremendous reflex speed. Can BB do that?

MattDay
oh heck reading black bolts profile, i think really it's 50/50 split, they could take eachother out

jacobo0o
bb has taken blows from the hulk which are worse then bullet

H. S. 6
I'd give Black Bolt the majority.

Superman goes down when Black Bolt starts screaming.

A.J
Um no Supes takes this, don't assume someone you know nothing about can beat someone else just by reading they're profile. Look at feats fights and facts etc.

Mindship
Originally posted by jacobo0o
bb has taken blows from the hulk which are worse then bullet

Bullets have a much higher psi impact than a punch which is considered "blunt force" trauma. This is why Wonder Woman still needs to block bullets (and arrows!) with her bracelets, though she can take punches from Superman (that "demoralize opponents" reason does not hold up under scrutiny).

(Personally, I think it's all nonsense anyway: if you're powerful enough to take a punch from Superman or the Hulk, you should, IMO, be able to handle bullets.)

A.J
Bullets have a much higher psi impact than a punch which is considered "blunt force" trauma. This is why Wonder Woman still needs to block bullets (and arrows!) with her bracelets, though she can take punches from Superman (that "demoralize opponents" reason does not hold up under scrutiny).

(Personally, I think it's all nonsense anyway: if you're powerful enough to take a punch from Superman or the Hulk, you should, IMO, be able to handle bullets.) thumb up

jacobo0o

(Personally, I think it's all nonsense anyway: if you're powerful enough to take a punch from Superman or the Hulk, you should, IMO, be able to handle bullets.)

ur smart

Soujaboy
Black Bolt Takes the majority

His "quasi-sonic" scream is a devastating attack. Most are under the impression that his scream devastation is based on sound, this however is not true. It breaks things down on the molecular lv, thus breaking it down and destroying it. Other possible manifestations of this harnessed electron energy include electron energy blasts, flight, enhanced strength (the "Master Blow" being a superhuman punch), ability to survive in space, and the ability to analyze and manipulate matter.

ExtraMision5555
Good fight, but i have a question, what makes you think superman could scream louder than BB?

MattDay
who said that?

ExtraMision5555
... And heck, what would happen if Superman screamed at BB?

Superman 7/10.

A.J
Superman is to fast for him, a speed blitz followed by a couple of 1000 punches would take him before he can sue the scream.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by A.J
Superman is to fast for him, a speed blitz followed by a couple of 1000 punches would take him before he can sue the scream.

After the first punch BB's mouth is going to open and a whelp of pain will come out of his mouth, destroying Supes in the process. whistle

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soujaboy
After the first punch BB's mouth is going to open and a whelp of pain will come out of his mouth, destroying Supes in the process. whistle

ROFL

very funny

anyways

I dont agree w/superman speedblitzing BB FTW
He was able to catch a slug from a tank (which i acknoweldge superman is obviously faster) but i dont think its unreasonable to assume BB can avoid getting speedblitzed, between the array of powers that he has

the Darkone
Black Bolt will kick Superman ass up and down the battle field, Black Bolt is the most consistent character in comics, BB powers are sick he has matter manipulation, antimatter powers, mental powers, quasi-scream hitting in all direction, he has enough power to power his whole kingdom for eons, he moved his whole kingdom with his powers to the blue side of the moon. Black Bolt has defeated the sphinx who even Galactus could kill ot right, he defeated Gladiator twice and Gladiator is = or > thans Superman, took the Hulk down twice, he gave Adam Warlock a battle. Don't sleep on Black Bolt, he has yet to be defeated in battle especially in H2H combat, since he came out in mid 60's.

A.J
Originally posted by Soujaboy
After the first punch BB's mouth is going to open and a whelp of pain will come out of his mouth, destroying Supes in the process. whistle Not true, he has taken punches from Gladiator and not said a word. Supes strength and speed will end this.

ExtraMision5555
In addition BB went h2h With thor who is argueabley on the same strength level as Superman or atleast near it. Superman isint just going to flatten BB in 1 hit. He is physically durable enough to hang with Supes for a good while, although im sure he would eventually lose to supes in pure H2h, on the other hand, his electron manipulation is fantastic as well as his quazi sonic scream. Im pertty sure a full on shout at superman would rock superman to his very core in a apocalypse-esque fasion

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/241/31f0dpoccy20os.jpg

A.J
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
In addition BB went h2h With thor who is argueabley on the same strength level as Superman or atleast near it. Superman isint just going to flatten BB in 1 hit. He is physically durable enough to hang with Supes for a good while, although im sure he would eventually lose to supes in pure H2h, on the other hand, his electron manipulation is fantastic as well as his quazi sonic scream. Im pertty sure a full on shout at superman would rock superman to his very core in a apocalypse-esque fasion

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/241/31f0dpoccy20os.jpg True but it doesn't mean he will be given the chance to do it or given the chance to fight back.

the Darkone
Black Bolt has fought the Savage Hulk and defeated in h2h combat and using his other powers, basically BLack Bolt shut down the Hulk. Black Bolt can see fast objects and reacts very well to them hell he tag quiksilver more than once and Gladiator, and Gladiator is faster than superman and Gladiator flies at warp-speed. BLack Bolt will eat Superman up bottom line, Black Bolt screamed so loud even a cosmic being shook in fear. Black Bolt defeated Ikaris "before he became a prime eternal"one the best h2h combatants on earth, with two blows and they where playing around.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman is going to loose if BB does an all out scream. Hell a whisper would hurt him badly and knock him out. BB probably needs to face someone more durable than Superman like Doomsday,M'onel or Lobo. Or who has some crazy shields like a green lantern or Maybe Matter lad, who probably could make himself durable enough to withstand the scream. I dont' even think Black bolt has ever been shown to scream. his whisper is awesome.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by A.J
True but it doesn't mean he will be given the chance to do it or given the chance to fight back.

I beg to differ, due to the fact that BB has gone up against sphynx, who also went up against Galactus

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/5563/vssphinx19mx.jpg

BB can handle himself in the superman strength range

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/9550/vssphinx25qz.jpg
http://img171.exs.cx/img171/9885/vssphinx31pn.jpg

the Darkone
I beg to differ, due to the fact that BB has gone up against sphynx, who also went up against Galactus

http://img67.exs.cx/img67/5563/vssphinx19mx.jpg

BB can handle himself in the superman strength range

http://img63.exs.cx/img63/9550/vssphinx25qz.jpg
http://img171.exs.cx/img171/9885/vssphinx31pn.jpg

And this the same cat That Galactus couldn't kill, and years later Black Bolt killed the Sphinx. Damn that was a mismatch sad.

thedude1948
Originally posted by A.J

This is ridiculous, Blackbolt has fought and held his own against guys who are equal to or better than Superman. A guy who has beat Ronan the Accuser and The Gladiator isnt going to get his ass kicked by Superman.

Blackbolt 7/10

A.J
Originally posted by thedude1948
This is ridiculous, Blackbolt has fought and held his own against guys who are equal to or better than Superman. A guy who has beat Ronan the Accuser and The Gladiator isnt going to get his ass kicked by Superman.

Blackbolt 7/10 Has he ever held his own against someone going their full potential that is as fast as Supes and hits as hard is him, because if he has its all bullshit, BB is fast but Supes is on another level with speed.

Mindship
BB takes out a character that Galactus couldn't. Since I know nothing of that Sphinx-Galactus fight, I will try to keep an open mind and suspend judgment until pics of that Galactus-Sphinx fight are posted. Otherwise--and I say this with all due respect--I can't help but smell some PIS (ala Spiderman taking out Firelord).

But assuming it is legit--and I also would like to see that BB vs Gladiator fight--this would imply that Black Bolt can take out Thor and the Surfer; that, indeed, Black Bolt--with the possible exception of Sentry--is Marvel's top dog.

Don't get me wrong--I like Black Bolt...but something just doesn't seem right here.

Mindship
I just found this about Sphinx in the Marvel Directory...

"For a time the Sphinx possessed tremendous quantities of energy within his body that he absorbed from the planet-size computer complex of Xandar. The Sphinx used this energy to augment his superhuman powers. However, Galactus deprived him of this added energy."

This appears to contradict the bit about Galactis not being able to handle Sphinx. It would also suggest that that power level Sphinx had was not his usual...meaning he likely did not have this level of power when fighting BB.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I just found this about Sphinx in the Marvel Directory...

"For a time the Sphinx possessed tremendous quantities of energy within his body that he absorbed from the planet-size computer complex of Xandar. The Sphinx used this energy to augment his superhuman powers. However, Galactus deprived him of this added energy."

This appears to contradict the bit about Galactis not being able to handle Sphinx. It would also suggest that that power level Sphinx had was not his usual...meaning he likely did not have this level of power when fighting BB.

The Shpinx even at his normal power lvls could draw upon all of time itself for his powers. The Sphinx could defeat the entire New Warriors team and thier freinds at the same time. When the New Warriors were cool and stuff. This lamo tv trick for Civil war Ruined one of the best Super teams. sad At the Time the sphinx was battling the New warriors last, they had like 25 members or some insane amount of people.

ExtraMision5555
BB takes out a character that Galactus couldn't. Since I know nothing of that Sphinx-Galactus fight, I will try to keep an open mind and suspend judgment until pics of that Galactus-Sphinx fight are posted. Otherwise--and I say this with all due respect--I can't help but smell some PIS (ala Spiderman taking out Firelord).

But assuming it is legit--and I also would like to see that BB vs Gladiator fight--this would imply that Black Bolt can take out Thor and the Surfer; that, indeed, Black Bolt--with the possible exception of Sentry--is Marvel's top dog.

Don't get me wrong--I like Black Bolt...but something just doesn't seem right here.

I agree, being fair, i dont think anyone here is saying (atleast on BB's behalf) that it would be a landslide victory. Ide say It would be a good fight,
I agree, superman does have a speed advantage obviously, but its not a speed advantage of say, Superman over Jubilee.

It is reasonable to assume black bolt could take his share of blows from superman, allowing him time to come up with an offense of his own

http://img20.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-1706/loc24/d2442_vrshulk1.jpg
http://img146.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-20154/loc24/5aa30_vrshulk3.jpg
tradeing blows w/hulk
a reasonable
feat
and then ultimately nullifying himhttp://img14.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-9469/loc24/a8c39_vrshulk4.jpg

A.J

Don't get me wrong--I like Black Bolt...but something just doesn't seem right here. Yup. thumb up

Broly92
No

ExtraMision5555

P.s heres the fight between Gladiator/BB

(he came into this fight i believe after being tortured by Ronan the accuser and some of the fight is not seen)

http://img25.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-288/loc24/84243_lilandra3.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-23992/loc24/eaae1_lilandra4.jpg
http://img134.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-10614/loc24/9eff9_lilandra5.jpg

more .. sec

ExtraMision5555
(this is a flashback of that fight between gladiator and BB, which was not shown in the prior cells)
http://img132.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-24885/loc24/9058f_fourv3.jpg

Now in this fight BB interrupts a fight between Gladiator and Quazar,
he temporarily removes Gladiator from the fight w/ a whisper
http://img17.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-30315/loc24/dc07d_praetor1.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-30315/loc24/b768f_praetor2.jpg http://img104.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-15909/loc24/8694f_praetor3.jpg

bigbran
some of the pics arent working.

ExtraMision5555
some arent showing up? oo sad sad sad

bigbran
for me, like the last 2 for the glads fight, in the good artwork one.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by bigbran
for me, like the last 2 for the glads fight, in the good artwork one.

lol
funy you said good artwork
cuz i was gona ask if thoase were the ones that wernet showing up

H. S. 6
Seeing as how Blackbolt has taken hits from the likes of Savage Hulk, and held his own against Gladiator, I truly doubt he'll have much trouble with Superman, especially since one shout would end the fight.

ExtraMision5555
and for the record, a speed showing of BB dodgeing a relatively fast

person (ikarus)
http://img140.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-26395/loc24/b3558_vsike1.jpg
http://img25.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-18791/loc24/bd18f_vsike2.jpg

Mindship
Thanks for the scans (love the artwork in that first one).

Okay.

All these fights do not appear to show any superspeed involved. So the question of how BB would handle an opponent moving at superspeed remains open.*

Superman has also handled Darkseid's Omega Beams, which now begs the question: Is BB's scream more powerful than Ds' Omega Beams? Because if not, than BB's scream will have limited effect on Supes.

Also, just because Gladiator is a clone of Superman doesn't mean he is Superman's equal. For example...
Thor > Gladiator
Superman > Thor (and I understand, that JLAvsAvngrs crossover Is canon); therefore...
Superman > Gladiator

Black Bolt has certainly proven himself formidable. But I still can't see myself giving him the majority...not unless people are ready to admit that BB is the MU Top Dog, meaning he can also defeat Thor and Surfer.

* some scans are not coming through, though "relatively fast" is not Superman fast.

ExtraMision5555
Thanks for the scans (love the artwork in that first one).

Okay.

All these fights do not appear to show any superspeed involved. So the question of how BB would handle an opponent moving at superspeed remains open.*

Superman has also handled Darkseid's Omega Beams, which now begs the question: Is BB's scream more powerful than Ds' Omega Beams? Because if not, than BB's scream will have limited effect on Supes.

Also, just because Gladiator is a clone of Superman doesn't mean he is Superman's equal. For example...
Thor > Gladiator
Superman > Thor (and I understand, that JLAvsAvngrs crossover Is canon); therefore...
Superman > Gladiator

Black Bolt has certainly proven himself formidable. But I still can't see myself giving him the majority...not unless people are ready to admit that BB is the MU Top Dog, meaning he can also defeat Thor and Surfer.

* some scans are not coming through, though "relatively fast" is not Superman fast.

would BB's scream and OE be 2 different types of energy? i thought the omega beams only does increda-damage to ppl that arent a significant facotr on the universe or something
factor*
i duno much about the physics of OE though
perhaps someone could edukkate me

and yes i agree, BB hasnt really dealt with people on Superman speed level. which brings into question BB's durability, lazyness overcoming me, ahshdhva3

ExtraMision5555
It is possible that Bb may be able to sap Superman of some energy, though, he has shown the ability to maintain exterme focus (say if he was getting beaten while trying to peform this)

this is him sapping human torch
http://img142.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_e35ae_thetorch.jpg

Soujaboy

Thor has already defeated Black Bolt wink

Juntai
It is possible that Bb may be able to sap Superman of some energy, though, he has shown the ability to maintain exterme focus (say if he was getting beaten while trying to peform this)

this is him sapping human torch
http://img142.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_e35ae_thetorch.jpg And you think he could do that to Supes? lol.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Juntai
And you think he could do that to Supes? lol.

Not completely, which is why i said "may" and "some"
im not saying he could, but i definately wouldnet put it past him

manorastroman
if the thread starter doesn't ban a scream, blackbolt can basically only be beat by skyfather+. there was that comic where blackbolt went up to that cosmic...what was his name? galaxy collector or something? anyway, this guy's thing was to go around absorbing entire galaxies. blackbolt just started to open his mouth, and the dude turned tail.

and don't leave it at "speedblitz", that's just insulting to blackbolt.

Mindship
Originally posted by manorastroman
and don't leave it at "speedblitz", that's just insulting to blackbolt.
I agree. Plus, I just plain don't believe that's Superman's only option.

I figured. wink Any pics? Or at least: How did Thor do it? I'm pretty sure he didn't resort to Godblast (though I'd also bet BB didn't scream at him, either). Was it the usual fisticuffs, because if that's the case, then if Black Bolt dukes it out with Big Blue, Black Bolt should lose. Even if Black Bolt uses his electron blasts, again, Superman has withstood Omega Beams. Plus, didn't Superman also "withstand a direct blast from Galactus" (Reed Richards)?

Again, Black Bolt's best--if only option--in beating Superman is to use his voice. And against that, I do see a speedblitz as a legit counter.

TheKahn
I agree. Plus, I just plain don't believe that's Superman's only option.

I figured. wink Any pics? Or at least: How did Thor do it? I'm pretty sure he didn't resort to Godblast (though I'd also bet BB didn't scream at him, either). Was it the usual fisticuffs, because if that's the case, then if Black Bolt dukes it out with Big Blue, Black Bolt should lose. Even if Black Bolt uses his electron blasts, again, Superman has withstood Omega Beams. Plus, didn't Superman also "withstand a direct blast from Galactus" (Reed Richards)?

Again, Black Bolt's best--if only option--in beating Superman is to use his voice. And against that, I do see a speedblitz as a legit counter.

Here is the only fight between them that I could find:

http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=78bd0_verthor1.jpg
http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=67a61_verthor2.jpg
http://img21.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=7169a_verthor3.jpg
http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c1faa_verthor4.jpg
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=82813_verthor5.jpg
http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b354a_verthor6.jpg

It seems like BB's antenna is a bit of a liability.

Mindship
Thanks, TheKahn

Now, we just cut out Thor's hammer (which was being used here as a club, not as an energy weilder), paste in Supes' fist (or heat vision)...and there's your Superman vs Black Bolt fight (at least one version, anyway).

For that matter, Hulk could've done this too, perhaps even the Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.