Darth Bane VS Mace Windu, no forcepowers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mesirus
perhaps the greatest sith ever Darth Bane (i say that becuase i was him in a personallity test big grin) vs mace windu, they both fought wars so i figure it could result in a interesting battle

zephiel7
I would be worried if I were you...:P

Anyways, Bane is an unkown, so we can't really say much about him for the sake of this duel. His Bio armour makes him resistant to lightsaber attacks, so that automatically puts Mace at a disadvantage.

Whether or not he is Mace's equal in dueling strength has yet to be revealed (Wait for Darth Bane novel!)

Lightsnake
Bane's head is completely uncovered, meaning he's wide open.

Mesirus
yes, but darth bane has overcome far more than any jedi or sith, heres a good info site about him http://www.answers.com/darth%20bane

Darth Sexy
Him overcoming adversity has anything to do with 1 on 1 how?

Lightsnake
he overcame being poisoned, nothing Luke a day after ROTJ couldn't do...in fact, Luke did it a lot better, considering he was fine. Bane spent a long time lingering between life and death

Sith'ari
The point really shouldn't have been brought up, because we don't know anything about how deadly the poison was, thus Bane resisting it says virtually nothing about him.

Blue_Hefner
Mace punches Bane's armor somewhere and it shatters, leaving the victory for Mace.

Sith'ari

Mesirus
^^^^^^^^^^

yes yes yes, this guys got it big grin

Escape81
Sith'ari and Mesirius, quit acting like uninformed Bane fanboys. It's a ridiculous assertion that Bane would easily beat Mace Windu, considering how Mace was:

- A heralded lightsaber prodigy.
- The master of a lightsaber form that Bane has no familiarity with and which works exceptionally well against Sith Lords and Dark Side users.
- Gifted with that nifty Shatterpoint ability.
- On par with Yoda and Sidious.

Sorry. If Bane takes this (which I doubt), it will be far from easy.

luk_im_ubar
BANE HAS UBER PWNAGTE NAMEZ END HE LIEKS IT UB THE BUNG HAHAHAHAHA HIS PURPLE LIGHTSABER WUD BWN MACE AND THEY WUD ALL B LIEK "HEY LUK MY PURPLE LITRESAVER IS BIGGER THAN URSZ LOL AND ATHEN THEY WUD ALL BN LIKK HEY NOOB I WANNA PWN U NC UR SO PWNAGE YA KNO AND THEN THEY WUD KISS EACH OTHER LOLZZZZ" BTW HOW WOOD BANE FITE AGIINAST UNUTHER PHURLPE LITESAVER CUZONLY1 XISTS ADN ITZ TEH SAME 1 CUZ MACE STOLE IT FROM BANE AFTER HE DIED LOLOLK CUZ HE USED FORCE SPEEED AND SHATTERPOINT TO SHATTER TIMEZZ LOLZ I KNOW ITZ STOOPISD BUT IS CANON

luk_im_ubar
HE WENT SO PHAST TAT IT BURNT HIM TATS Y HE DUZNT LOOK WHIT NEMORE HE USED 3 LUK LIKE TEH BIG HEDA GUY IN THE BEEN BAG CHAR NEAR YODA ITS TRUE NO LIE LIKE TOALLY NO JK

Mesirus
Bane was beyond a expert is dark force powers, he is a gaint compared to palpatine, after all it is KNOWN he drove other sith, eho were learning the dark side, insane by his knowledge and as we know mace could barely hold off sidious's lighting, he's get blasted away by banes mojo

but in pure lightsaber i agree with you, mace would most likely beat him, NOT EASILY tho, he's got that full body anti lightsaber stuff messed but i reckon mace would break his saber sor something

Lightsnake
What are you talking about? When'd his knowledge drive anyone mad?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Mesirus
Bane was beyond a expert is dark force powers, he is a gaint compared to palpatine,Beyond an expert in the dark side? Proof for this assumption? Quote, page, anything?

after all it is KNOWN he drove other sith, eho were learning the dark side, insane by his knowledge and as we know mace could barely hold off sidious's lighting, he's get blasted away by banes mojoHe drove them insane? Really!? eek! Since when? And quit being a biased fanboy.

but in pure lightsaber i agree with you, mace would most likely beat him, NOT EASILY tho, he's got that full body anti lightsaber stuff messed but i reckon mace would break his saber sor something I really don't understand psuedo-logic sometimes..

Mesirus
ahem "Eventually, Kaan, driven mad by the glimpse he had received of the "true" power of the Force" something bane show'd him. Nexttime follow my links >_> its at the top of the page

Lightsnake
1. That's a site that anyone can edit. Nice try.
2. Kaan was half mad at that point and, oh yeah, the Sith set it up together in a ritual...meaning Bane didn't do it himself.

Lord Saboteur
ahem "Eventually, Kaan, driven mad by the glimpse he had received of the "true" power of the Force" something bane show'd him. Nexttime follow my links >_> its at the top of the page What links, there aren't any links but forum links.

Escape81
Dude, Palpatine was the greatest and the most powerful of all the Sith Lords. Don't have Lightsnake pwn you.

Mesirus
right there >>>>>>>>>>> http://www.answers.com/darth%20bane <<<<<<<<<<

Lord Saboteur
right there >>>>>>>>>>> http://www.answers.com/darth%20bane <<<<<<<<<< answers.com=information "borrowed" from Wikipedia. Wikipedia=Encyclopedia that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS can edit. It fails, thanks.

luk_im_ubar
WITHOUT FORCE PWER IT WUD MAKE BANE NOT AS UBER AS MACE BC THEN HE CUDN'T UZE SITH RAGE AND THEN H E WUDN'T BE AZ GOOD AND THEN RATM917

Lightsnake
And it's not soemthing Bane showed him...

Mesirus
seriously, take your head out of windus arse and look at the facts, most evidence says bane murders windu

Lord Saboteur
seriously, take your head out of windus arse and look at the facts, most evidence says bane murders windu What "evidence"? The evidence I see is Mace Windu beating Bane, pillaging his possessions and taking his women.

Mesirus
ugh, banes got them thing that cover his body, so i think they consumed his.....bits doubtful he'd have woman messed

i stand by bane, i won't try and convice you otherwise because i think your bias

luk_im_ubar
HAHAHA U R TALKING ABOUT HIS PENIS AREN'T U HYAHAHAHAHA

Mesirus
what is wrong with you? why do you talk that way? if your tring to talk gamer thats not even right!

Lightsnake
Mesirus, I want to hear your evidence.

That glimpse of the force was a ritual all of the Sith Lords conducted, NOT Bane himself

Mesirus
ahh , ok i take that back then, but its still going to be a hard one for windu to beat, bane fought in a war, so that means he's got to have at least decent saber skill, plus his bio armor made his stronger, so that automatically 3 advantages, weather he's windu's equal with a saber is not yet revealed

Lord Saboteur
ugh, banes got them thing that cover his body, so i think they consumed his.....bits doubtful he'd have woman messed

i stand by bane, i won't try and convice you otherwise because i think your bias Sadly, you're the biased one here. Mace has more advantages than not, his Shatterpoint and Vaapad are extremely effective against Sith and darksiders; turning their own power against them. Besides that, Mace has displayed great usage of the Force while Bane's shown nothing. And he's pretty much riding on that spiffy armor of his.

ahh , ok i take that back then, but its still going to be a hard one for windu to beat, bane fought in a war, so that means he's got to have at least decent saber skill, plus his bio armor made his stronger, so that automatically 3 advantages, weather he's windu's equal with a saber is not yet revealed Mace has also fought in a war, that "advantage" is null and void. And what three advantages? I only see the armor standing in Mace's way.

Mesirus
you claim i am bias, that means nothing, i said i think your bias, only a bias person would retaliate to such a comment. i'm not prepared to argue this is just a forum and anyone who takes it seriously should take a T.O

third advantage is he's off his master's leash, like maul so he's at least a little accomplished at sbaer and force skills

Lord Saboteur
you claim i am bias, that means nothing, i said i think your bias, only a bias person would retaliate to such a comment. i'm not prepared to argue this is just a forum and anyone who takes i seriously should take a T.O All I can say is this, "That's it? Lmao."

Mesirus
actully come to think about it, why was there any issue with forcepowers?? this is a no forcepowers match!

luk_im_ubar
LOLLL

Mesirus
firstly) actully come to think about it, why was there any issue with forcepowers?? this is a no forcepowers match!

secondly)
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
What "evidence"? The evidence I see is Mace Windu beating Bane,

your talking about bane like you know nothing, then there can be no evidence to suggest windu's got a hope, for all you know bane was the best saber warrior there has ever been, your excuse for windu's victory is invalid, try again please

luk_im_ubar
EDIT due to annoying factor

Sith'ari

Captain REX
Please don't type in caps, it's an eyesore.

Lord Saboteur
firstly) actully come to think about it, why was there any issue with forcepowers?? this is a no forcepowers match!

secondly)

your talking about bane like you know nothing, then there can be no evidence to suggest windu's got a hope, for all you know bane was the best saber warrior there has ever been, your excuse for windu's victory is invalid, try again please "4 4ll u n0 b4n3 cud b tuh z0mg 00br!111! l0l11!!11" No. I do not work that way, and I want evidence that Bane was a good lightsaber duelist not coming from Wikipedia; meaning that I want proof, actual proof that Darth Bane can hold jackshit against one of the greatest saber duelists ever. Quote, page number and source, please.

Escape81
Mace was the second most capable lightsaber duelist in the era when lightsaber dueling was at it's peak. As far as martial eras, you also understand that the most devastating war up to that time - the Clone Wars - were occuring.

So, no. I don't see this massive experience.

Once again... you have assumptions. Mace Windu was heralded as one of the greatest duelists that the Order ever produced. A lightsaber prodigy so skilled that he created his own lightsaber form. Vaapad was the hardest to master, and the most dangerous. Only he and Depa Billaba ever accomplished that.

I don't see how. Couple that with the Shatterpoint ability, I see Mace defeating Bane.

Lightsnake
Can people stop ignoring the obralisk armor was NOT tested? Vonduum crabs were resistant to sabers, but Sabers could still go through. Moreover, bane's head is totally open

Sith'ari
'Mace was the second most capable lightsaber duelist in the era when lightsaber dueling was at it's peak. As far as martial eras, you also understand that the most devastating war up to that time - the Clone Wars - were occuring.

So, no. I don't see this massive experience.'

1. Saber dueling was not at its peak during the PT era, but whatever.
2. You don't seem to understand how there is a big difference between a war between jedi and sith, and a war between jedi and clones. Bane would actually have gotten way more battle experience in terms of saber combat, that's a given. With the exception of sparring matches, Mace Windu faced what, about 10 dark jedi tops in his lifetime. Bane was in a war full of saber weilding opponents - he likely killed hundreds in the war alone.

'Once again... you have assumptions. Mace Windu was heralded as one of the greatest duelists that the Order ever produced. A lightsaber prodigy so skilled that he created his own lightsaber form. Vaapad was the hardest to master, and the most dangerous. Only he and Depa Billaba ever accomplished that.'

I'm not denying that Mace was a great saber duelist, but Bane was clearly a progidy himself. I mean he must have earned his reputation through some show of power, saber combat was his fort, I think it's safe to say that he was probably the best duelist out of all of the sith, and to think that there wouldn't be at least one prodigy in their whole order is just absurd.

Escape81
Yeah it was. Lucas specifically stated that the Jedi were at their peak at the time of the PT.

Don't assume. Windu faced Dooku, Dooku's Dark Side adepts, and General Grievous. Not to mention Depa, Grievous, and then Sidious himself.

You are assuming and then attempting to pass this off as fact. You have no room to say that Bane > Mace, when there's nothing to support it.

Mace is a concrete lightsaber prodigy, uses a lightsaber form specifcally against Dark Siders, and possesses his Shatterpoint ability.

Bane is going down.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Escape81
Mace was the second most capable lightsaber duelist in the era when lightsaber dueling was at it's peak. As far as martial eras, you also understand that the most devastating war up to that time - the Clone Wars - were occuring.

So, no. I don't see this massive experience.

I'd say that Bane's era was the time when lightsaber duelling was at it's peak. Please think about it. The Jedi in the PT era had to deal with opponents that most likely used normal melee weapons or blaster weapons. In Bane's era it was Jedi vs Sith for almost 1,000 years and we've seen that they participated in lightsaber combat (even large scale) quite regulary. So when it comes to lightsaber vs lightsaber combat I'd say this era was probably the peak of that skill.

Now Bane obviously fought battles on his own and did survive so far meaning that he could have seen more "real" lightsaber vs lightsaber action than virtually any PT Jedi. Add his unique armor which at least partitially resists lightsaber hits and I can see Mace having some considerable problems with beating him - although Mace's Shatterpoint ability might help him to spot weaknesses of that armor - if he's allowed to use it, given that the threadtitle says "no forcepowers".

I'd like to point out that the "that the order ever produced" is the important part of the sentence here. The members of the Sith Empire most likely never joined the Order but were only trained in the ways of the Sith. Given that they had to fight Jedi only I'd say that they would most likely focus on some Makashi in order to be could in lightsaber vs lightsaber confrontations.
So Bane can be a Makashi master with pretty huge amounts of actual battle experience under his belt and his nice armor. I mean...imagine Dooku wearing a partially lightsaber resistant armor fighting against Mace. I'm sure you're able to imagine that Mace would have some considerable problems here - if not lose.

Of course...this is just speculation.

Well...is the Shatterpoint ability allowed ? That might enable give Mace the edge over Bane. Still I don't see one of them taking down the other real fast. They both have some chance to win although I would actually more tend to give Bane the win here given his armor and the fact that he probably had dozens or even hundrets of lightsaber duells during his life.

Mesirus
i agree with Sith'ari and borbarad, bane would probably win but its not a sure win

Lightsnake
Nai: Bane's head is completely unarmored and open, it wouldn't be altogether difficult to behead him and Bane was quite a latecomer to to the Sith. I'm not sure he was involved in the war much whatsoever. Certainly not at Ruusan. Most of the Brotherhood of Darkness were indeed members of the Jedi at once point: Kaan, Kopecz and Githany for one.

For lord's sake, you just need to look above Bane's shoulders to see a weakness, the man didn't let orbalisks near his head

Mesirus
er i will point out at this time windu is weak ANYWHERE, i see what your saying that Bane is largely unknown. But the things we know seem to point to the fast he was thewindu of his time, only darkside

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.