Darth Bandon vs. Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Vos
Malak's apprentice vs. Windu's apprentice!

Darth Bandon vs. Depa Billaba

Round 1: Lightsaber Combat
Round 2: Force
Round 3: Fists and Feet

Blue_Hefner
Kinda like putting a jawa against a Wookie

Master Vos
Not exactly. Bandon wasn't too bad, after all, Malak chose him out of thousands of Sith.

Blue_Hefner
none of them were exactly powerful either.

Escape81
This isn't even a fight. It's a slaughter. Depa curbstomps Bandon.

Sith'ari
No, she doesn't.

Escape81
Originally posted by Sith'ari
No, she doesn't.

Um... Depa > Mace in sheer saber skills. So... yeah... she does.

Advent
The only evidence you have that Bandon could possibly be any good is that he was "t3h ch0sen 0ne by m4l4k". How does that alone put him on any type of special pedastal? He failed his first mission, and died doing it. The most powerful thing he's done is Force push a guard, lol.

There's nothing that says Bandon has a "fighting chance" or even a "chance" at all. Depa wins.

Himo
Originally posted by Advent
The only evidence you have that Bandon could possibly be any good is that he was "t3h ch0sen 0ne by m4l4k". How does that alone put him on any type of special pedastal? He failed his first mission, and died doing it. The most powerful thing he's done is Force push a guard, lol.

There's nothing that says Bandon has a "fighting chance" or even a "chance" at all. Depa wins.

The fact Malak chose over Jedi masters is enough to put him on pedestal. Malak was trained specifically to kill Jedi, so he's not a pushover.

Now I'm done rambling, since we don't know enough about Bandon, Depa wins.

Advent
Originally posted by Himo
The fact Malak chose over Jedi masters is enough to put him on pedestal. Malak was trained specifically to kill Jedi, so he's not a pushover.

What are you talking about?

Malak was not trained specifically to "kill Jedi". He was a Jedi for about 5/6 of his life. He was a Sith apprentice and then Dark Lord for only around the four years after the Mandalorian Wars ended. He was not trained "specifically" to kill Jedi, quit making stuff up.

And again, what does Malak have to with Bandon's power? Oh? Nothing? Okay.

Himo
What are you talking about?

Malak was not trained specifically to "kill Jedi". He was a Jedi for about 5/6 of his life. He was a Sith apprentice and then Dark Lord for only around the four years after the Mandalorian Wars ended. He was not trained "specifically" to kill Jedi, quit making stuff up.

And again, what does Malak have to with Bandon's power? Oh? Nothing? Okay.

I'm not making things up. Malak trained Bandon specifically to kill Jedi. That was Bandon's job.

Yes, he does. As Sidious has something to do with Luke's power, Malak has something to do with Bandon's too.

Advent
I'm not making things up. Malak trained Bandon specifically to kill Jedi. That was Bandon's job.

Sadly, you didn't say it was Bandon's job, this is what you said:

You said it was Malak who was trained. And your point? All the Dark Jedi were trained to take out Jedi. It doesn't mean your powerful, especially for Bandon given he failed his first mission and died by hands of a Jedi.

No, you can not conclude how strong an opponent is based on their master. Prove why Flint sucked, but Lumiya is strong then.

What the hell are you talking about? Luke was never Sidious' apprentice. Unless you're talking about DE, which would be wrong anyways because Luke's power does not have anything to do with Sidious'. NJO and DN Luke >>>>>>>> Sidious.

No, it doesn't. First off, you make ridiculous assertions that don't even make sense. Then you change your words, and now you act as if you can conclude one's power by their master's power. That's bullshit. Flint was Lumiya's apprentices, however, Flint sucked and was not powerful, whereas Lumiya was.

Come back when you can properly formulate an argument. And do try to make sense this time, and remember what you say.

Himo
Sadly, you didn't say it was Bandon's job, this is what you said:

You said it was Malak who was trained. And your point? All the Dark Jedi were trained to take out Jedi. It doesn't mean your powerful, especially for Bandon given he failed his first mission and died by hands of a Jedi.

No, you can not conclude how strong an opponent is based on their master. Prove why Flint sucked, but Lumiya is strong then.

What the hell are you talking about? Luke was never Sidious' apprentice. Unless you're talking about DE, which would be wrong anyways because Luke's power does not have anything to do with Sidious'. NJO and DN Luke >>>>>>>> Sidious.

No, it doesn't. First off, you make ridiculous assertions that don't even make sense. Then you change your words, and now you act as if you can conclude one's power by their master's power. That's bullshit. Flint was Lumiya's apprentices, however, Flint sucked and was not powerful, whereas Lumiya was.

Come back when you can properly formulate an argument. And do try to make sense this time, and remember what you say.

Sorry, I had typo.

Seeing as it is our only way of figuring out Bandon's strength, yes it can be used. And because Malak chose Bandon over other Jedi masters, it shows a degree of strength with which we can roughly place him in this occasion since we have no other information other than assumptions. If you don't want to work in the world of assumption, then leave.

Okay. I will. THank you for giving advice to me.

Advent
Seeing as it is our only way of figuring out Bandon's strength, yes it can be used.

No, it really can't. You cannot figure out how strong one is based on their master to do such would be a logical fallacy.

Okay, he was chosen over Jedi Masters. Your point? How strong is he? You didn't answer my question.

And, in TOTJ we see padawans, who have fallen under Exar Kun's dark ways, slaying their masters. So, Bandon is on par with one of Exar Kun's disciples. Good to know.

But that still doesn't tell me how powerful he was. How strong were these Jedi masters? For all you know, they could've all been Coleman Trebor clones, i.e. they suck, but they are Jedi Masters.

Supported or unsupported assumptions? I'm guessing the latter. You can't prove how strong Bandon is in comparision.

Himo
No, it really can't. You cannot figure out how strong one is based on their master to do such would be a logical fallacy.

Okay, he was chosen over Jedi Masters. Your point? How strong is he? You didn't answer my question.

And, in TOTJ we see padawans, who have fallen under Exar Kun's dark ways, slaying their masters. So, Bandon is on par with one of Exar Kun's disciples. Good to know.

But that still doesn't tell me how powerful he was. How strong were these Jedi masters? For all you know, they could've all been Coleman Trebor clones, i.e. they suck, but they are Jedi Masters.

Supported or unsupported assumptions? I'm guessing the latter. You can't prove how strong Bandon is in comparision.

Okay then. I step back. I lose and I'll shut up. Good job.

Blue_Hefner
Picked Bandon over jedi Masters? Where did that come from because I seriously doubt it that Jedi Masters were turning to the dark side?

Quinlan_Vos
A valiant attempt Himo.

Anyway, Bandon wasn't trained to kill Jedi, but the fact he was chosen by Malak out of thousands of Sith must mean something. In addition, according to Wookie and Answer, he purely used anger to fuel his power in duels against Jedi. He also wore battle armor, which could protect him to some extent.

In Force ability, he could do Force Lightning, Force Drain, and probably the other basic Jedi powers (Push and Pull). And he used a double bladed lightsaber.

Still that doesn't really prove his skill, except that he beaten by Revan after only a minute's fight.

My results:

Round 1: Depa
Round 2: Bandon (however I am not so sure on this)
Round 3: Bandon (because he looks stronger)

Overall: Depa Billaba overcomes Malak's weak apprentice

Blue_Hefner
For round 2, you apparently forgetting vaapad is a force power and Depa's vaapad is waaay stronger than Mace's. A few vaapad slaps will knock Bandon out.

luk_im_ubar
EDIT for annoying factor

Captain REX
Please don't type in caps, it's an eyesore.

darthsith19
Generally Bandon is considered to be as strong as or slightly weaker than Maul where Depa is generally considered to be as strong or slightly stronger than Maul so I go with Depa.

jollyjim311
Not lovin' the logic, but, I agree with the result.

Akira99
Darth Bandon - I don't know much about all these ancient jedi but the vibes I'm getting are that he was a weakling compared to the big boys of the time - am I right? I'm still not sure
But what we know about Depa Billaba before she went into a mega-rut. She was a master of Vaapad like Mace an expansion of the ancinet uncompleted Form 7 Juyo art. She pretty much defeated Mace in Shatterpoint though Mace was tired and Vaapad seemed to be mastering her which apparantly weakens it in the long run - less useful.
So Depa is certainly a force to be reckoned with - seriously

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Not lovin' the logic, but, I agree with the result.
I'm guessing you think that Maul > Depa, right? FYI, I do, too, but in general people think Depa > Maul.

jollyjim311
Well, either way, Badon's ****ed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.