Moosey Awards - Most Respected Male

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Da Moose~
RESPECT:

to consider worthy of high regard

There are people we like and then there are those we respect, which, in my opinion, is on a higher level than just liking someone.

Here are the nominees for Most Respected Male.

Bardock42
...wow...

LanceWindu
hmm

Commander Foxy
Originally posted by ~Da Moose~
RESPECT:

There are people we like and then there are those we respect, which, in my opinion, is on a higher level than just liking someone.

Here are the nominees for Most Respected Male.

stick out tongue

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Bardock42
...wow...

For both you and me. I was floored. You got in on a last moment ballot. Raz was on all of them. And as such, I think therein lies the winner.

Bardock42
For both you and me. I was floored. You got in on a last moment ballot. Raz was on all of them. And as such, I think therein lies the winner. I'm very respectable though....that might explain it.

~Da Moose~
I'm very respectable though....that might explain it.

LMAO! See, it's saying things like that which will win you that Funniest male award. laughing out loud

Syren
For both you and me. I was floored. You got in on a last moment ballot. Raz was on all of them. And as such, I think therein lies the winner.

But that's only the panel... very few of the members who are likely to vote. It's still undecided stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Syren
But that's only the panel... very few of the members who are likely to vote. It's still undecided stick out tongue

I think I'll take it.

Syren
Yeah leftright

Alpha Centauri
Raz will win because he created KMC, despite many of us not actually having any interaction at all with him.

I've nothing against the guy, just saying.

-AC

Clovie
there is only one person on the list I respect. the other ones I like.

plus he letted me back erm

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Raz will win because he created KMC, despite many of us not actually having any interaction at all with him.

I've nothing against the guy, just saying.

-AC

Yeah,I agree, but he wins rightfully, because he actually is the most respected...

Alpha Centauri
Yeah,I agree, but he wins rightfully, because he actually is the most respected...

That was implied in my post, Bardock. I was simply pointing out that he's respected mostly because he created KMC. Hardly anyone here knows him well enough to judge. Besides globals and a few mods.

A creation that relies on others is only as good as those who contribute.

-AC

Bardock42
That was implied in my post, Bardock. I was simply pointing out that he's respected mostly because he created KMC. Hardly anyone here knows him well enough to judge. Besides globals and a few mods.

A creation that relies on others is only as good as those who contribute.

-AC

I wonder if I agreed because ...well...I agree with what you said and implied.

Alpha Centauri
I wonder if I agreed because ...well...I agree with what you said and implied.

It was the whole "but he wins rightfully, because he created KMC." thing. I wouldn't consider that winning "rightfully".

That's me, though.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone who hasn't been banned gets my respect.

Clovie
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Anyone who hasn't been banned gets my respect. WHAT?????? schmoll

LanceWindu

w00t Thanks. wink

Bardock42
It was the whole "but he wins rightfully, because he created KMC." thing. I wouldn't consider that winning "rightfully".

That's me, though.

-AC

Well, I meant he wins the award for most respected member rightfully because he is the most respected member (which is of course due to his creating of KMC).

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Clovie
WHAT?????? schmoll

You haven't been banned.

VanillaCocaCola
AC.

Clovie
You haven't been banned. so how do I have this?

LanceWindu
You haven't been banned.

*coughyesshehascough*

WrathfulDwarf
When did this happen Cloves? huh

Clovie
in July huh

WrathfulDwarf
What year?

LanceWindu
When did this happen Cloves? huh

Long time ago, see the old banner? stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Long time ago, see the old banner? stick out tongue

haha Episode II.

Alpha Centauri
Well, I meant he wins the award for most respected member rightfully because he is the most respected member (which is of course due to his creating of KMC).

Read that back to yourself, you nutter.

I don't believe it's right to give him more respect than people who contribute day in and day out to what this site is, simply because he created it. That's like giving the chairman of the Premier League more respect than the players who make it what it is. They'd keep playing if there was no league, he wouldn't have a league if they stopped playing for it and left.

-AC

Clovie
it was before everything cry

What year? 2004... it was an aniversary recently. cry

WrathfulDwarf
it was before everything cry

2004... it was an aniversary recently. cry

Ah well...it's in the past now...let's just play nice from now on. hug

Clovie
Tell that to Raz schmoll

Bardock42

People that didn't get banned and me...you mean?

Bardock42

I don't believe it's right to give him more respect than people who contribute day in and day out to what this site is, simply because he created it. That's like giving the chairman of the Premier League more respect than the players who make it what it is. They'd keep playing if there was no league, he wouldn't have a league if they stopped playing for it and left.

-AC

Yes, that is arguable, the rightful is not aiming at the way he got the respect but at the wionning of the thread...

Clovie
People that didn't get banned and me...you mean? *points and laughs*

Syren

-AC

laughing

You sound so Britishly hot there, AC.

Alpha Centauri
laughing

Mad fer it, in't I?

-AC

ThePittman
Aren't you supposed to respect your elders? wheelchairshifty

Syren
Mad fer it, in't I?

-AC

Ok, not so hot leftright

Alpha Centauri
Ok, not so hot leftright

Balance achieved.

-AC

Lana
laughing

Speaking of that, AC, I think one of mine and Momo's friends is kind of madly in love with you stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lana
Speaking of that, AC, I think one of mine and Momo's friends is kind of madly in love with you stick out tongue

What? Who in the shit? I don't even know these people, haha.

-AC

Syren

-AC

It's me weep

Lana

-AC

Moira showed a clip of your voice to our friend Jessie yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember). Jessie loves accents more than anyone I know.

stick out tongue

§P0oONY
I've decided not to vote w00t

As I don't respect anyone on KMC! w00t

Clovie

~Da Moose~

§P0oONY
and me? schmoll

None w00t

As I don't respect anyone on KMC! w00t

Bardock42

~Da Moose~

§P0oONY
Spoons...m'man....at the very least, give a nod to the big man moose. And if not, then vote for Raz.

I don't respect you, I just find you really, very amusing.

And I don't respect Raz... as I have never even talked to him, just becasue he runs the forum it doesn't mean I have to respect him, I mean, I live in England... but I don't respect Tony Blair.

Clovie

~Da Moose~

§P0oONY
shush. last night you were saying something else whip2

blink

I'm hurt and I don't think we can continue as we were. I need respect, or at the very least, a phone call the next morning. mad

I thought we had something special... I always believed in the ancient saying... "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" that's why I never called... please don't end it... sadwalk

~Da Moose~

§P0oONY
What's my name b'itch? SAY MY NAME BIT'CH and RESPECT ME!banana_silhouette
Chuck Norris; I respect you...

ThePittman
My vote is for ~Da Moose~ only because he knows what an 8track is, the others are not on the list. jr_disgust

~Da Moose~

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by ThePittman
My vote is for ~Da Moose~ only because he knows what an 8track is, the others are not on the list. jr_disgust

laughing Oh for God's sake. You voted because I'm OOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD!!!! AHHHHHHHH! blinkglare

WrathfulDwarf
Don't forget to vote for your favorites!

*Huge Puppy Eyes*

§P0oONY
laughing Oh for God's sake. You voted because I'm OOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD!!!! AHHHHHHHH! blinkglare

You're not old where it counts...... wink

The heart...

Itzak

w00t I've never even gotten a warning. Go me. tongue_ss

§P0oONY

Banned for a day on request?

How does that go down in your books?

ThePittman
laughing Oh for God's sake. You voted because I'm OOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD!!!! AHHHHHHHH! blinkglare wheelchair laughing

WrathfulDwarf

Bardock42
Oh see, that one I can't stand. I'm glad we no longer do that (mods) I never understood why would someone ask to be banned just because they had to take a test or whatever. Is it really too hard to step away from the internet for more than one day? All bans count for me.
Yes, yes...you still respect me, right?

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, yes...you still respect me, right?

If you can sing to the tune of Aretha Franklin's song...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

sure...

silver_tears
I chose Raz, he has this aura of power.......so hot.....and he's never online much so when he pops in everyone trips over themselves.
Everyone except me, clearly I'm the other half to his yin diva

§P0oONY
Oh see, that one I can't stand. I'm glad we no longer do that (mods) I never understood why would someone ask to be banned just because they had to take a test or whatever. Is it really too hard to step away from the internet for more than one day? All bans count for me.

I did it to stop Ken and Milla arguing... because I dared her to ban me for a day, Ken said that, that counted as a request, she said it didn't... so in the end I just requested using the word "request"

~Da Moose~

Bardock42
If you can sing to the tune of Aretha Franklin's song...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

sure...

I can, it will sound horrible though.

§P0oONY
Dude, I'm 28. That's totally NOT old. According to some people, primarily those polled who were born in or around 1978, 28 is the PRIME AGE. Prime age, yet not a prime number... no expression

Syren
Dude, I'm 28. That's totally NOT old. According to some people, primarily those polled who were born in or around 1978, 28 is the PRIME AGE.

Like a steak droolio

Bloigen

weep

Syren
*points and laughs*

ThePittman
Dude, I'm 28. That's totally NOT old. According to some people, primarily those polled who were born in or around 1978, 28 is the PRIME AGE. Your as old as my wife. cool

~Da Moose~
Like a steak droolio

hysterical

Much the same, yes. Prime Beef.

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by ThePittman
Your as old as my wife. cool

And lets hope that you stop with the comparisons to your wife right there....mkay? wink

Bloigen
*points and laughs*

*stabs you in the eye with a cue ball*

ThePittman
Anyone who hasn't been banned gets my respect. kicking

silver_tears
Originally posted by Bloigen
*stabs you in the eye with a cue ball*

How does one stab with a ball? What the f**k?
Do you mean perhaps a cue?

Bloigen
Originally posted by silver_tears
How does one stab with a ball? What the f**k?
Do you mean perhaps a cue?

No, I mean a cue ball.

You don't understand it's spherical power.

Slay
Guess who's winning.
Everyone's afraid of the MAN!

Raz
euro

ThePittman
Originally posted by Bloigen
No, I mean a cue ball.

You don't understand it's spherical power. Reminds me of the Robin Hood movie and the spoon.

Bardock42
I think I'd like at least one vote...someone in for that?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Lana
Moira showed a clip of your voice to our friend Jessie yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember). Jessie loves accents more than anyone I know.

stick out tongue

Hahahaha.

There's an English comedy dvd that she would love.

Shelbert Lemon
2 above all others... they know who they are.

vraya the great
RESPECT:

Here are the nominees for Most Respected Male. I said Raz because you obviously have to respect him, because without him, there would be no KMC forums, and that's not good.

Syren
Originally posted by Raz
euro

*trips over self in excitement*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bloigen
*trips over self in excitement*

haha

Syren
Is that a cue ball in my eye?

Nazgulinthedark
ermm I voted lance because when I first joined I was, and still am a bit, scared of him, as in scared to do something stupid so he'd have a bad opinion of me.

But I think Raz is going to win. Just 'cause he's Raz.

Syren
Don't be scared of Lance, he's a snugglepuss.

Bloigen
Is that a cue ball in my eye?

Or are you just happy to see me? confused

Syren
Ouch, ouch. It hurts, it hurts.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Raz
euro Man that sig messes with my eyes. tongue_smilie

Bardock42
That's also not cool...someone vote for Backfire....

And I got voted for, I'm awesome....probably a pity vote though.

bigbran
well i havent voted yet...

Syren
Well done Raz (and AC for coming a close second) clapping

Grand_Moff_Gav
Alpha Centauri...people...respect him?

Syren
Fear him... it's a different kind of respect stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
People Fear AC?

Why?

How does someone fear him? He's only a member on the forum.

Alpha Centauri
I honestly hope nobody here is so pathetic as to fear a screen name.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
I honestly hope nobody here is so pathetic as to fear a screen name.

-AC

He says that...but he can reach down phone lines and transmit himself though air waves...

Alpha Centauri
It is true that I am all powerful, but how I use such powers are my secrets.

-AC

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Alpha Centauri...people...respect him?
confused

Syren
I do think people fear him, or his online persona... as sad as that may be. In fact I'm sure of it. Wow.

Alpha Centauri
The saddest part about it is that people claim I have this massive opinion of myself, even two years (almost) into my KMC membership.

I don't have an opinion of myself anywhere near equal to that which others have of me. The fact that people might fear me is something I find really sad. I understand the whole idea of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence, but the idea of actual fear just...sad.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
No-one fears you AC, thats just silly...and you appear to have a massive opinion of yourself, sorry, but it comes across...

Syren
The saddest part about it is that people claim I have this massive opinion of myself, even two years (almost) into my KMC membership.

I don't have an opinion of myself anywhere near equal to that which others have of me. The fact that people might fear me is something I find really sad. I understand the whole idea of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence, but the idea of actual fear just...sad.

-AC

It's not even something you can be flattered by, because it's 'fear' and not 'respect'. Oh well, I'm sure you don't lose any sleep over it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
No-one fears you AC, thats just silly...and you appear to have a massive opinion of yourself, sorry, but it comes across...

This is exactly what I mean. It comes across...to who, and how is that my problem? I can't control how people interpret me, so I don't care about it. However, if you're going to intepret it as "He has a massive opinion of himself!", then at least accept that you are the one coming to that conclusion, and that it's your opinion.

I don't have as high an opinion of myself overall as most people here do, which causes them to say I hold it also. I don't.

Most people here are stupid, so anyone remotely smart stands out and gets praise. I have an opinion of myself that I deserve, everyone else can view me as they wish, so long as they don't try and act like I believe as they do.

-AC

Punkyhermy

I don't have an opinion of myself anywhere near equal to that which others have of me. The fact that people might fear me is something I find really sad. I understand the whole idea of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence , but the idea of actual fear just...sad.

-AC

The contradicton is amusing, really. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
This is exactly what I mean. It comes across...to who, and how is that my problem? I can't control how people interpret me, so I don't care about it. However, if you're going to intepret it as "He has a massive opinion of himself!", then at least accept that you are the one coming to that conclusion, and that it's your opinion.

I don't have as high an opinion of myself overall as most people here do, which causes them to say I hold it also. I don't.

Most people here are stupid, so anyone remotely smart stands out and gets praise. I have an opinion of myself that I deserve, everyone else can view me as they wish, so long as they don't try and act like I believe as they do.

-AC

Ego...latin for I...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
The contradicton is amusing, really. wink

I see no contradiction. What I see is me clarifying that I can understand the concept of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence, not me saying I'm the cause of it.

Though the fact is, many people have said that they feel such a way when I'm around; Syren for one, and I doubt she actually fears me.

So not only was it not a contradiction, but I wouldn't have been wrong even if I WAS referring to me, which I wasn't.

Square one for you, my dear.

-AC

Syren
Stop talking, AC stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Why on Earth would I do that? People are asking questions, I'm answering. Far be it from me to be rude, Syren.

-AC

Syren
Ah, true... I apologise. You just carry on whipping their insolent butts.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Though the fact is, many people have said that they feel such a way when I'm around. Syren for one, and I doubt she actually fears me.
-AC

I doubt it's fear, but it could well be intimidation, perhaps for some people your online persona is enoguh to make them feel the have to raise their game, who knows.

You say it is other people's problem that you come across as egotistical? This isn't the case, it is as much your problem as anyone elses, because be it in real life or on KMC what people think of you matters, even to you. This is proven by your responces.

Alpha Centauri
I doubt it's fear, but it could well be intimidation, perhaps for some people your online persona is enoguh to make them feel the have to raise their game, who knows.

Kind of exactly a bit what I said, isn't it?

You say it is other people's problem that you come across as egotistical? This isn't the case, it is as much your problem as anyone elses, because be it in real life or on KMC what people think of you matters, even to you. This is proven by your responces.

Ahh yes, the old "You do care! YOU MUST!" remark. Why? Because you're incapable of not caring? Nothing more egotistical than that, dear boy.

If you think I'm an egotistical nazi who believes he could rule the world, I say have fun with that idea. I don't care. View me as a cannibal rapist who snacks on the livers of young virgins, I honestly don't mind. However, when you try to tell me what I personally believe, that's when you cross into my personal space. Accept that your opinion of me is just that and we'll be fine. You can't tell me what I believe, regarding...myself, since it's me we're discussing, and what I say about me is what goes. You can feel free to personally believe otherwise, but you can't debate me about me. See how it works? Or would a crayola sketch do the job? It's not the opinions of me that I care about, it's the people trying to tell me that I also hold those opinions that I could do without.

Leave that idea in the lost property pile, Gav. Don't be messing around with things like that. Then again, you are a homophobic conspiracy theorist.

-AC

Punkyhermy
I see no contradiction. What I see is me clarifying that I can understand the concept of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence, not me saying I'm the cause of it.

Though the fact is, many people have said that they feel such a way when I'm around. Syren for one, and I doubt she actually fears me.

So not only was it not a contradiction, but I wouldn't have been wrong even if I WAS referring to me, which I wasn't.

Square one for you, my dear.

-AC

You first say you don't have as high an opinion of yourself that people apparently do. And then follow that by insinuating people are 'intimidated' by what is your supposed intelligence and knowledge.

You just acknowled that which you previously claimed to have not done so. Doesn't get any more simpler than that.

Alpha Centauri
You first say you don't have as high an opinion of yourself that people apparently do. And then follow that by insinuating people are 'intimidated' by what is your supposed intelligence and knowledge.

Did I say that, or did I say this?:

"I understand the whole idea of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence...".

Yes, I said that. I never said it was me, I said I understand the concept of being intimidated by intelligence. Do yourself a favour, don't put things into my posts and then use them against me, because I never said them. Ok? Does that work for you? I said I understand how intelligence could intimidate someone, but I don't get why someone would be in FEAR because of it. I didn't necessarily mean me, you're deciding I did, because you're being a silly girl.

You just acknowled that which you previously claimed to have not done so. Doesn't get any more simpler than that.

You'd be dead right if you weren't laughably wrong.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
Kind of exactly a bit what I said, isn't it?
-AC

Thats because you are exactly right, as far as I can reason.

Ahh yes, the old "You do care! YOU MUST!" remark. Why? Because you're incapable of not caring? Nothing more egotistical than that, dear boy.

If you think I'm an egotistical nazi who believes he could rule the world, I say have fun with that idea. I don't care. View me as a cannibal rapist who snacks on the livers of young virgins, I honestly don't mind. However, when you try to tell me what I personally believe, that's when you cross into my personal space. Accept that your opinion of me is just that and we'll be fine. You can't tell me what I believe, regarding...myself, since it's me we're discussing, and what I say about me is what goes. You can feel free to personally believe otherwise, but you can't debate me about me. See how it works? Or would a crayola sketch do the job? It's not the opinions of me that I care about, it's the people trying to tell me that I also hold those opinions that I could do without.

See, you might say that you don't have a high opinion of yourself, you might say you don't care, but all it is is what you say, and I can only take your word for it...and we both know that people are all about perception...

Leave that idea in the lost property pile, Gav. Don't be messing around with things like that. Then again, you are a homophobic conspiracy theorist.

laughing out loud Don't you just know it, we could do with you in the Conspiracy forum, that would silence the entire forum quickly, and really...I'm not homophobic...

Punkyhermy
Did I say that, or did I say this?:

"I understand the whole idea of being intimidated by someone's knowledge or intelligence...".

Yes, I said that. I never said it was me, I said I understand the concept of being intimidated by intelligence. Do yourself a favour, don't put things into my posts and then use them against me, because I never said them. Ok? Does that work for you?

You'd be dead right if you weren't laughably wrong.

-AC

The only one here hotheadedly putting things in other people's posts is you dear sir.wink

I said "insinuated". That particular usage of word brings a whole new level of weight to the sentence. You were talking about the idea of being intimidated by "intelligence" in reference to yourself. You weren't bringing that up to defend Lady Luck or Mr. Bacon. The topic of discussion is you. And its this context in which you've brought forth that comment that has lead to my earlier statement.

that isn't exactly helpng your case.

Alpha Centauri
See, you might say that you don't have a high opinion of yourself, you might say you don't care, but all it is is what you say, and I can only take your word for it...and we both know that people are all about perception...

Which is precisely why I said it's not my problem how you decide to perceive me.

No matter what I said about my beliefs regarding MYSELF (facts, for those viewing on cable), you will or may still choose to ignore those and perceive in a totally different and incorrect way. I won't spend time trying to change that, since I don't care. If you want to be ignorant, go for it, but don't try telling me what my opinion of myself is, you don't get that luxury. I do.

laughing out loud Don't you just know it, we could do with you in the Conspiracy forum, that would silence the entire forum quickly, and really...I'm not homophobic...

You're not homophobic? You come across that way, so regardless of what you say you are or you aren't, you must be. Because you come across that way. It's how I perceive you!

(I don't actually believe that, just turning your logic against you.).

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
Which is precisely why I said it's not my problem how you decide to perceive me.

No matter what I said about my beliefs regarding MYSELF (facts, for those viewing on cable), you will or may still choose to ignore those and perceive in a totally different and incorrect way. I won't spend time trying to change that, since I don't care. If you want to be ignorant, go for it, but don't try telling me what my opinion of myself is, you don't get that luxury. I do.
I'm not trying to tell you what your opinion of yourself is, I'm trying to tell you that what people think of you is your problem as much as it is that persons, you can't tell us that you are Ignorant to a degree where you don't care what others think.

You're not homophobic? You come across that way, so regardless of what you say you are or you aren't, you must be. Because you come across that way. It's how I perceive you!

-AC

Well, if thats how I come across, then thats as much my problem as yours isn't it?

Alpha Centauri
The only one here hotheadedly putting things in other people's posts is you dear sir.wink

Let's be honest, I'm not, am I? No.

I said "insinuated". That particular usage of word brings a whole new level of weight to the sentence. You were talking about the idea of being intimidated by "intelligence" in reference to yourself. You weren't bringing that up to defend Lady Luck or Mr. Bacon. The topic of discussion is you. And its this context in which you've brought forth that comment that has lead to my earlier statement.

You're assuming that I was speaking in context, I wasn't.

Why are you telling me what I was referring to? You don't get to do that, I do, and I'm telling you I wasn't. I thought up the post, I said it, I get to say what it means. It means what I told you it means, and you're sitting there ignoring it because you are...well...ignorant.

I was saying that I can understand the idea of someone being intimidated BY intelligence, not necessarily by mine. That is a fact, and I know because I said it. Not you, me.

The FACT is, if I was referring to myself, I'd still be right, because I've been told that I have the ability to intimidate people in such a way. So it wouldn't be a high opinion of myself even then, it'd be an opinion someone else told me, regarding me.

Not too good at this, are you?

that isn't exactly helpng your case.

Neither is anything you say, considering you're trying to tell me what I meant, when I've told you what I meant.

You can't deny fact, and what I say about what I mean, is fact.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I'm not trying to tell you what your opinion of yourself is, I'm trying to tell you that what people think of you is your problem as much as it is that persons, you can't tell us that you are Ignorant to a degree where you don't care what others think.

It's not my problem. Why on Earth would it be my problem what you think of me? I'm curious.

Most puzzling. I don't care, I'm responsible for myself and myself only. Not you or any other net/life dwelling human. Think what you like, it doesn't affect me or my life.

Well, if thats how I come across, then thats as much my problem as yours isn't it?

A) I specifically said I don't think you are, did you miss that?

B) It's not a problem for either of us if you did. Especially you. Why is it bothering you what I think of you or how I see you, if you know it's not true? Are you that concerned about people's opinions?

Live for yourself, get a backbone.

-AC

~Da Rev~

-AC

I believe you mean "Think for yourself, question authority"

Sorry.

Grand_Moff_Gav
It's not my problem. Why on Earth would it be my problem what you think of me? I'm curious.

Most puzzling. I don't care, I'm responsible for myself and myself only. Not you or any other net/life dwelling human. Think what you like, it doesn't affect me or my life.

A) I specifically said I don't think you are, did you miss that?

B) It's not a problem for either of us if you did. Especially you. Why is it bothering you what I think of you or how I see you, if you know it's not true? Are you that concerned about people's opinions?

-AC

AC, if you don't care about what others think...why do you continue to post in this thread...hmmm

Syren

-AC

Guys, just look at this post... where AC quoted Gav, KMC decided he'd quoted Punkyhermy. Sorry for changing topic but I'm confused.

Punkyhermy

-AC

Again I can't help but see a contradiction or hypocrisy of sorts in your behaviour. You have been bantering back and forth with that kid trying to prove his assumptions about you wrong but then claim you couldn't care less about his opinion.

What the f**k?

And nope. No. Its not a matter of I see you like this so you must be this, at all. No need to get all worked up about it. You seem to be controversial enough in and of yourself to ignite a debate of sorts. I offered my own few cents. that's all there is to it. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
Guys, just look at this post... where AC quoted Gav, KMC decided he'd quoted Punkyhermy. Sorry for changing topic but I'm confused.

I saw that too...weird...

Syren
Obviously your conversation with one another is fascinating stuff stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, it is a conversation with AC!

Alpha Centauri
When quoting multiple people, I copy the quote code and sometimes forget to change the name to correspond to said quote. My bad.

Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
I believe you mean "Think for yourself, question authority"

Sorry.

No, I meant what I said. Is there some kind of perception void happening here?

AC, if you don't care about what others think...why do you continue to post in this thread...hmmm

How does that mean anything at all? I'm not in here trying to change your opinions of me. I'm trying to tell you not to insist that I believe as you do.

Again I can't help but see a contradiction or hypocrisy of sorts in your behaviour. You have been bantering back and forth with that kid trying to prove his assumptions about you wrong but then claim you couldn't care less about his opinion.

I know you can't help but see a contradiction, because you can't help but get everything arse-end up in this argument, due to not paying attention.

I'm not trying to prove his assumptions wrong, he can hold onto them all he likes. My argument was that, whatever you believe about me is fine by me, but don't tell me that I also believe that, or that I believe as you do. Try reading my posts, it helps matters.

E.g: You believe foolishly that I meant one thing, when I specifically clarified that I meant another. That's fine, if you want to be ignorant, fine. However, it's the whole "YOU meant..." thing that I don't like. You can believe as you wish, but don't tell me what I believe about myself.

And nope. No. Its not a matter of I see you like this so you must be this, at all. No need to get all worked up about it. You seem to be controversial enough in and of yourself to ignite a debate of sorts. I offered my own few cents. that's all there is to it.

I'm not worked up, I'm just wondering why you'd tell me what I meant, when I specifically told you otherwise. I told you what I meant, so therefore it's fact and you should accept that.

Stop reading between the lines, read the actual lines. Don't put stuff in or gather your own meaning.

-AC

Punkyhermy
Let's be honest, I'm not, am I? No.

You're assuming that I was speaking in context, I wasn't.

Why are you telling me what I was referring to? You don't get to do that, I do, and I'm telling you I wasn't. I thought up the post, I said it, I get to say what it means. It means what I told you it means, and you're sitting there ignoring it because you are...well...ignorant.

I was saying that I can understand the idea of someone being intimidated BY intelligence, not necessarily by mine. That is a fact, and I know because I said it. Not you, me.

The FACT is, if I was referring to myself, I'd still be right, because I've been told that I have the ability to intimidate people in such a way. So it wouldn't be a high opinion of myself even then, it'd be an opinion someone else told me, regarding me.

Not too good at this, are you?

Neither is anything you say, considering you're trying to tell me what I meant, when I've told you what I meant.

You can't deny fact, and what I say about what I mean, is fact.

-AC

lmfao.

haha. Okay. So now you seem to defy general rules of debate and discussion too. I'm oh so sorry dear sir for assuming that you were literate enough to back up your rebuttal by oh I dunno...information that is relevant and on topic.

I'm going to say by confessing to not have talked of things relevant and crucial to the discussion at hand, you don't know what you are talking about. But then you will say I don't know what I'm talking about because only you and yourself alone can know what you are talking about.

Well in that case I think it important we review the things that come along with conversing. As a particupant, and by participating in a convo, it is expected of you to ensure that you are articulate enough to get your point across in its entirety.If that does not apply then at least have the common sense and decency to accept that miscommunication is a given in exchange of words. If you seem to lack that ability, than I believe this whole banter is pointless. erm

Punkyhermy
Obviously your conversation with one another is fascinating stuff stick out tongue

haha. Mr.Centauri is an...amusing personality. wink

Grand_Moff_Gav
How does that mean anything at all? I'm not in here trying to change your opinions of me. I'm trying to tell you not to insist that I believe as you do.
-AC

Ok, let's take a different route, AC, if you don't care what I think of you, why do you keep telling me wrong when I say your very self-centred?

Alpha Centauri
lmfao.

haha. Okay. So now you seem to defy general rules of debate and discussion too. I'm oh so sorry dear sir for assuming that you were literate enough to back up your rebuttal by oh I dunno...information that is relevant and on topic.

I'm going to say by confessing to not have talked of things relevant and crucial to the discussion at hand, you don't know what you are talking about. But then you will say I don't know what I'm talking about because only you and yourself alone can know what you are talking about.

Well in that case I think it important we review the things that come along with conversing. As a particupant, and by participating in a convo, it is expected of you to ensure that you are articulate enough to get your point across in its entirety.If that does not apply then at least have the common sense and decency to accept that miscommunication is a given in exchange of words. If you seem to lack that ability, than I believe this whole banter is pointless. erm

It's miscommunication on your part, as you are the one telling ME what I meant, when I am the one forced to clarify my point repeatedly out of self-beneficial ignorance, rather than misperception. You didn't ask me to clarify because you clearly were aiming to pin the proven non-existent contradiction upon me. Then, when I proved otherwise, you continued to ignore it and insist I implied that which I did not.

However, you chose to spoke of the rules of conversational engagement and common courtesy concerning said conversations, resultantly; you're the one who is out of your depth, dear.

The conversation was already going on between Gav and I, and he understood what I meant, as did Syren, also a participant. You joined in half way through and proved that YOU were not articulate enough to uninvitingly involve yourself, nor were you respectful enough in your late arrival to ask what my point was, nor what the context was. This being debate/conversation etiquette; since you had just arrived. Therefore it's not my duty to cater for some random, impromptu addition to the already existing confrontation. Especially when she (you) is the one diving in without any attempt to respectfully, correctly and relevently involve and interject herself.

In layman's terms, Punky; You're up slack alley.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Ok, let's take a different route, AC, if you don't care what I think of you, why do you keep telling me wrong when I say your very self-centred?

I never said such a thing. I am very self-centered, what's your point? I've never denied such a trait.

Have whatever opinion of me you want, just don't try to tell me "That's how you are!". It's simply how you BELIEVE I am.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
Have whatever opinion of me you want, just don't try to tell me "That's how you are!". It's simply how you BELIEVE I am.
-AC

Therefore...thats what you are, no?

Alpha Centauri
Therefore...thats what you are, no?

No, it's what you believe I am. If you believed I was a rapist it wouldn't make me one, would it?

Just like if I believed you were homophobic, it doesn't mean you are. Since you know you are not, that's it. You're not. Fact.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
So, what is your opinion of yourself?

Alpha Centauri
So, what is your opinion of yourself?

That's for me to know.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
That's for me to know.

-AC

Aha!

Alpha Centauri
Knowing me, knowing you, ahaaaaaa.

-AC

Devalion
Knowing me, knowing you, ahaaaaaa.

-AC

And Im Alan Partridge!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Devalion
And Im Alan Partridge!

Oh get the f*ck out of here...haha.

How is it even possible? My worst nightmare has actually come true.

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>