True Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
I was thinking about this movie earlier, and I couldn't find a thread.

Anyways. Great movie.

Gary oldman's performance was best, IMO.

Impediment
I disagree. Although Oldman did do a fantastic job as a thug. The best dialogue, IMO, was Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken's scene in the trailer. That is one of my very favorite movie scenes ever!

Dusty
Originally posted by Impediment
I disagree. Although Oldman did do a fantastic job as a thug. The best dialogue, IMO, was Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken's scene in the trailer. That is one of my very favorite movie scenes ever!

Ohh, that was great! But I'm an Oldman fan. That was still amazing, though.

"Your grandma, ****ed a N*****." laughing out loud

Impediment
You're part.........eggplant!

Dusty
What happened?

He called boss a ******, so the boss shot em.

Oh.

Solo
I didn't see any standout performances in the film whatsoever. It was mediocre at best. There's a reason Tarantino tossed it.

Strangelove
I want to see it because Tarantino wrote it, but I haven't yet

C-Dic
I haven't seen the movie in ages, but I loved it, personally. Can't really single anyone out. Oldman's performance was too short to judge, Pitt's even shorter, so I'd say Slater by default. Probably his best movie, sadly.

rockycairns
Brad Pitt stole the show in my opinion upstaged Slater, Arquette and Rapaport heck he was even better than Kilmer, Oldman and Walken

Omegaman
"looka here , Charlie"...man I love that character- Drexel

-Tired Hiker-
You're part.........eggplant!

And you're a cantelope!

I haven't killed anyone, BAM BAM, since 1984.

Can I have that Chesterfield now?

You want me to suck his d*ck?

Tastes like a peach.

Is it white boy day?

I'm beginning to like this guy Clarence.

Get some beer! And some cleaning products.

I love that movie! smile

Dusty
"I like you clarence. I always will." - Elvis

Evil Dead
Gary Oldman did steal the show.......he put on an acting clinic. Is there anything this guy can't play (besides Sid Vicious...ugh)?

by the way........Tarantino sold the screen play, which is generally what screen writers do.........how is that considered "tossing" it? He then used that money to fund the making of Reservoir Dogs, giving him the chance to direct.........what he wanted to do.

SpaceMonkey
Great movie, great cast.

"I ain't gt a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. All i got is f***ing Floyd!"

"Don't give me the finger! I'll have you killed!"

ladygrim
Originally posted by Dusty
Ohh, that was great! But I'm an Oldman fan. That was still amazing, though.

"Your grandma, ****ed a N*****." laughing out loud laughing out loud

I absolutly love this movie i original watched because it had Oldman in but i was like oh wow ...cool

Noa
Wow I was suprised to see this thread, cuz this movie is so old. I saw it ages ago, Anyway I thought this movie was great! I liked the part when Arquette kills that guy in the hotel. She is crazy!

Dusty
Originally posted by Noa
Wow I was suprised to see this thread, cuz this movie is so old.

confused

Noa
Well hey, I just figured that this movie would have already been raved and ranted about years ago. Anyway...

Impediment
I just now listened to Quentin's commentary while watching the DVD, and he had some nice input. I'd have liked it if he directed it. He said that if he had directed it, Clarence would have died after he was shot at the drug deal.

Mr. Sandman
That sounds more like Tarantino's style. Also, it would have made for a harder hitting movie.

Dusty
I just now listened to Quentin's commentary while watching the DVD, and he had some nice input. I'd have liked it if he directed it. He said that if he had directed it, Clarence would have died after he was shot at the drug deal.

Yeah, I remember reading that on IMDB. And Alabama was supposed to be a Reservoir Dog. Something like that. If you can recall, Mr. White did talk about Alabama.

tabby999
fits with Tarantinos interweaving movie characters. I really must watch this movie again

who?-kid
There was nothing wrong with the direction of True Romance. I'm not sure it would have been a better movie if Tarantino had directed it.

Impediment
Originally posted by who?-kid
There was nothing wrong with the direction of True Romance. I'm not sure it would have been a better movie if Tarantino had directed it.

I never said I didnt like the direction of the original version. I just said I'd have liked to see an alternate ending.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.